Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mitrovic 14:44 - May 11 with 1001 viewsAndrewW_London

A lot of media outlets are suggesting we're keen to sign him. However, £30 million, Fulham's reported asking price, would be an absolutely massive sum and surely a huge gamble for Saints. I can't see him fitting into Ralph's plans either.

I suspect this is all agent-provoked media hype but I may be wrong. What do others think?

Twickenham Saint

Mitrovic on 14:46 - May 11 with 998 viewsBLEEDRED

May fit in with our style of play but not at £30million (half that may-be)
Mitrovic on 15:45 - May 11 with 939 viewsBillyBrag

Mitrovic on 14:46 - May 11 by BLEEDRED

half that is ridiculous
5 game a season Ings is £20m for god sake
Mitrovic on 16:33 - May 11 with 903 viewsKennington

Mitrovic on 14:46 - May 11 by BLEEDRED

Wouldn’t have been able to get him for £15m if prices were the same as they were five years ago. £25-30m seems about right to me. He’d definitely add quality.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Mitrovic on 17:29 - May 11 with 865 viewsthis_charming_man

Hmm, interesting one. It’s a lot of money, but he’s 24, 80 premier league appearances and 21 goals, both in teams that got relegated so that’s actually a pretty good record. It just seems like an awful lot of money especially as we are supposed to be buying Ings for £18m I can’t see us buying both.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: who is the worst owner in the Premier league

Mitrovic on 18:10 - May 11 with 817 viewsAndrewW_London

Mitrovic on 17:29 - May 11 by this_charming_man

Hmm, interesting one. It’s a lot of money, but he’s 24, 80 premier league appearances and 21 goals, both in teams that got relegated so that’s actually a pretty good record. It just seems like an awful lot of money especially as we are supposed to be buying Ings for £18m I can’t see us buying both.

That's exactly my thoughts. We certainly need to buy another striker as we're currently not clinical enough up front. However, I expect Ralph to look elsewhere, possibly to the Bundesliga, for options.
Of course, there also the rather more pressing issue of what to do about our defence. We absolutely have to strengthen that part of the team. That' another issue, though.
It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks!

Twickenham Saint

Mitrovic on 18:13 - May 11 with 815 viewsKennington

Mitrovic on 17:29 - May 11 by this_charming_man

Really? We’re an established premier league team, there’s no reason why this level of player shouldn’t be a routine buy. I do feel that many fans are still stuck in a lil ol’ Saints view of the world. Many of whom are very interested in the club not spending money or spending on the tier or two below Mitrovix and then moaning when the likes of Armstrong and Elianoussi turn out to be exactly what the price tag they were bought for suggested they would be.
[Post edited 11 May 2019 18:15]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Mitrovic on 19:16 - May 11 with 762 viewsthis_charming_man

Mitrovic on 18:13 - May 11 by Kennington

Really? We’re an established premier league team, there’s no reason why this level of player shouldn’t be a routine buy. I do feel that many fans are still stuck in a lil ol’ Saints view of the world. Many of whom are very interested in the club not spending money or spending on the tier or two below Mitrovix and then moaning when the likes of Armstrong and Elianoussi turn out to be exactly what the price tag they were bought for suggested they would be.
[Post edited 11 May 2019 18:15]

It should be but it hasn’t been has it. If th you likes of Crystal Palace can spend £30m on a player I don’t know why we can’t but we only spend what we bring in don’t we. We also need to bring in a quality centre half and some more Pace as a priority. Hence why much as I’d love is to spend £30m on a proven goal scorer I find it hard to believe we will if we are also spending £18m on Ings. I hope and will be happy to be wrong though.

Mitrovic on 19:35 - May 11 with 738 viewsSonicBoom

I do actually think that if we can make chances Ings can finish. In fact I think he's a better finisher than Mitrovich.
We just don't actually find him with decent service in the box.
Login to get fewer ads

Mitrovic on 22:44 - May 11 with 621 viewsMessysaints

Mitrovic on 19:35 - May 11 by SonicBoom

I do actually think that if we can make chances Ings can finish. In fact I think he's a better finisher than Mitrovich.
We just don't actually find him with decent service in the box.

we create loads of chances to score goals, our weakness is finishing, even Redmond needs 10 + shots just for 1 to hit the target, Ings is pretty good but is injured to much so is never fully fit lol.

the fact JWP could finish our top / joint top / 2nd top league goal scorer tomorrow ( Depending on if he or Ings score ) says every thing you need to know about our attacking players.

Mitrovic on 09:11 - May 12 with 479 viewssaint22

I flagged him a while back
I think he and Ingd could be a good duo
Whether he is Ralphs type is another question
Mitrovic on 09:29 - May 12 with 466 viewsBicester_North

Mitrovic on 09:11 - May 12 by saint22

You ‘flagged’ him

Poll: How proud are you to see our ex players at Liverpool?

Mitrovic on 09:37 - May 12 with 454 viewssaint68

He's an aggressive character and would put a bit of bite up front(hopefully not in a Suarez way)

£25 million with top ups for appearances/goals would be a good starting point.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Mitrovic on 09:48 - May 12 with 442 viewsDerek

I don’t come on here often due to my bad leg, when I do there seems to be a lot of bullying, we’ve lost 2 of my old pals on here already due to it. I enjoy your posts Saint 22, I think the problem is you’re too forward thinking and progressive compared to some of the knuckle draggers on here.
Mitrovic on 09:59 - May 12 with 427 viewsBicester_North

Mitrovic on 09:48 - May 12 by Derek

I don’t come on here often due to my bad leg, when I do there seems to be a lot of bullying, we’ve lost 2 of my old pals on here already due to it. I enjoy your posts Saint 22, I think the problem is you’re too forward thinking and progressive compared to some of the knuckle draggers on here.

You’re right. Saint22 has some radically different views and from most people. That’s how she manages to scout hidden gems like Mitrovic months before any other bonehead latches on.

Poll: How proud are you to see our ex players at Liverpool?

Mitrovic on 10:00 - May 12 with 423 viewsthis_charming_man

You did I remember it amongst then 139 other players you flagged during the January transfer window.

Quite the visionary to be able to make the link between our club who desperately need a decent striker to a reasonably good one playing for a team who have just been relegated. I’m not sure there are too many other mongboarders capable of such insight,

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020