Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich City 08:45 - Jun 12 with 846 viewssaintwizzler

Fair play

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.

Norwich City on 09:14 - Jun 12 with 813 viewsPatfromPoole

Nods in agreement.

Norwich City on 12:28 - Jun 12 with 710 viewsA1079

If true, all credit to them.

Norwich City on 12:54 - Jun 12 with 673 viewsMushty

I remember back when we were relegated with them in 2005, Norwich immediately slashed their ST costs to something like half-price on their 'Early-Bird' renewals while ours remained exactly the same as the previous PL season.

Some clubs value the continued support of their fans.
Norwich City on 13:01 - Jun 12 with 665 viewssaint22

Norwich City on 12:54 - Jun 12 by Mushty

I remember back when we were relegated with them in 2005, Norwich immediately slashed their ST costs to something like half-price on their 'Early-Bird' renewals while ours remained exactly the same as the previous PL season.

Some clubs value the continued support of their fans.

some clubs arent owned by balance sheet driven chinese businessmen
Norwich City (n/t) on 13:21 - Jun 12 with 628 viewsDellHero

Norwich City on 13:01 - Jun 12 by saint22

some clubs arent owned by balance sheet driven chinese businessmen

[Post edited 19 Jun 8:38]

Poll: How much will we spend (net+ve) in the summer window

Norwich City on 14:15 - Jun 12 with 577 viewscocklebreath

Exactly what Saints should do, that place will be rocking next season whilst St Marys gets ever more quiet.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Norwich City on 14:56 - Jun 12 with 547 viewskernow

Carrow Road is full to capacity every home game whatever league they play in. Big catchment Norfolk. Not many plastic mancs or scousers round those parts.
Norwich City on 15:13 - Jun 12 with 532 viewsSaintNick

Norwich City on 14:56 - Jun 12 by kernow

Carrow Road is full to capacity every home game whatever league they play in. Big catchment Norfolk. Not many plastic mancs or scousers round those parts.

Whilst I agree that ticket prices are far too expensive these days, it should be noted that unless the reduction of prices is done across the Premier league with every club charging the same then a club like Norwich will be putting themselves at a disadvantage, in essence they are probably cutting their income by about £5 million next season and that has to come off the budget somewhere.

Perhaps those that are screaming on social media about ticket prices would do well to join the Football Supporters Federation and put up a united front to the clubs.

The FSF did this 3 years ago with away ticket prices and achieved the £30 maximum ticket, so it shows that clubs take notice, but as long as people just whine on the internet individually the clubs know they can get away with what they like and will change nothing.

The same fans who moan about Saints prices should note that it is still possible to buy a £399 season ticket which equates to £21 per game

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich City on 18:31 - Jun 12 with 420 viewscocklebreath

Norwich City on 15:13 - Jun 12 by SaintNick

Whilst I agree that ticket prices are far too expensive these days, it should be noted that unless the reduction of prices is done across the Premier league with every club charging the same then a club like Norwich will be putting themselves at a disadvantage, in essence they are probably cutting their income by about £5 million next season and that has to come off the budget somewhere.

Perhaps those that are screaming on social media about ticket prices would do well to join the Football Supporters Federation and put up a united front to the clubs.

The FSF did this 3 years ago with away ticket prices and achieved the £30 maximum ticket, so it shows that clubs take notice, but as long as people just whine on the internet individually the clubs know they can get away with what they like and will change nothing.

The same fans who moan about Saints prices should note that it is still possible to buy a £399 season ticket which equates to £21 per game

Which is fine for some but not me, I have 2 kids who like to go but half the time they cant make it due to partys or clubs so if I bought a chesp season ticket I wouldn’t be able to take my kids and these days thats the best thing about going. The seats we sit in have gone up between £10 and £20 per match.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Norwich City on 18:35 - Jun 12 with 414 viewsPatfromPoole

I think everybody has their own circumstances.

I guarantee if I got a season-ticket I would end up surrounded by a bunch of melts who would make me want to hack my own arms off if I had to see them 19 times a year. I’d rather pick and choose games, usually against the less glamorous teams in truth.

Norwich City on 07:55 - Jun 13 with 269 viewsA1079

I may be wrong, but I seem to vaguely recall that there was something on the BBC website and on this forum that fan revenue from ticket sales effectively made no difference to the club and that clubs in general do not rely on fan revenue to sustain themselves. May be that is why Norwich behave the way they do and SFC are out to squeeze every penny out of their supporters. Over 40 pound for Huddersfield at home in a meaningless final game of the season, when the 2 weeks before that our players could not be bothered to try and win a game where they could have added a couple of million to their revenue.

I am sorry, as much as I support and love my club I cannot see everything through Rose tinted glasses.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019