Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool home 09:51 - Aug 1 with 1002 viewssaintwizzler

Just had an email saying I can buy up to 4 extra tickets.
Slow ticket sales?
Ticket pricing too high?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.

Liverpool home on 10:01 - Aug 1 with 988 viewsSaintNick

They arent far a sell out, the most expensive tickets are gone, i think its more to do with they arent putting it to a general sale

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Liverpool home on 10:25 - Aug 1 with 961 viewssaintwizzler

Liverpool home on 10:01 - Aug 1 by SaintNick

They arent far a sell out, the most expensive tickets are gone, i think its more to do with they arent putting it to a general sale

Fair few left in my block for £66.25.
Haven’t looked at other blocks as the mobile site is shîte for doing that.

Liverpool home on 10:59 - Aug 1 with 944 viewsPatfromPoole

Bar mitzvah’s in full swing again.

Liverpool home on 12:41 - Aug 1 with 897 viewsSaintsforeverj

There are strict restrictions in place, which I agree with. This game will still sell out. You can only get a ticket if you are on the database and have bought tickets in the past. This is to stop the “in your face” celebrations of Liverpool fans who otherwise manage to find their way in to the home end. If you are a Saints fan and can’t get a ticket because of the restrictions, well either go to more games and / or ask your season ticket holder mate to get one for you. Good idea I think. The ST holder then has a responsibility to make sure the ticket is sold a Saints supporter. Saints have taken a stand against those idiot Liverpool "glory hunters" who get in the home end and cause trouble. I applaud the club for this.

Price wise though, the prices are obviously too high!
[Post edited 1 Aug 12:44]

Poll: Who will you vote for?

Liverpool home on 12:58 - Aug 1 with 862 viewsfranniesTache

If they really didn't want plastic thieves in the home ends then the club wouldn't have made an agreement with Thomas Cook to sell tickets in the home end.
Liverpool home on 13:22 - Aug 1 with 835 viewsSaintsforeverj

Liverpool home on 12:58 - Aug 1 by franniesTache

If they really didn't want plastic thieves in the home ends then the club wouldn't have made an agreement with Thomas Cook to sell tickets in the home end.

Good point - I wasn't aware that the club did this. A little stupid to have such restrictions and then anyone can get this Thomas Cook deal. It does say, however that you must be a home supporter or you will be thrown out. Any away fan / neutral who sits there respectfully, I don't have a problem with. Liverpool fans (apart from the odd exception) are the only fans who celebrate in the home end so disrespectfully.

Poll: Who will you vote for?

Liverpool home on 13:28 - Aug 1 with 823 viewsarfurdent

Liverpool home on 13:22 - Aug 1 by Saintsforeverj

Good point - I wasn't aware that the club did this. A little stupid to have such restrictions and then anyone can get this Thomas Cook deal. It does say, however that you must be a home supporter or you will be thrown out. Any away fan / neutral who sits there respectfully, I don't have a problem with. Liverpool fans (apart from the odd exception) are the only fans who celebrate in the home end so disrespectfully.

what do you expect from Toxteth rioters

white Fiat driver wanted

Liverpool home on 22:24 - Aug 1 with 722 viewsWalkingRosie

Spot on mush. Block 15 in the Chapel Kop is the chosen place for the Thomas Cook package deals

https://www.thomascooksport.com/Football/Premier-League/Southampton-FC

Only 11 tickets left for United at St Mary's
Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool home on 22:29 - Aug 1 with 713 viewsWalkingRosie

Liverpool home on 13:22 - Aug 1 by Saintsforeverj

If you read the Thomas Cook terms they basically wash their hands of any responsibility regarding who they sell tickets too and push the responsibility onto the club. The club as an official partner of Thomas Cook are not going to make a fuss hence why the tickets are sold in Block 15 and not Block 42
Liverpool home on 22:31 - Aug 1 with 710 viewsBuggalugs

Liverpool home on 22:24 - Aug 1 by WalkingRosie

Spot on mush. Block 15 in the Chapel Kop is the chosen place for the Thomas Cook package deals

https://www.thomascooksport.com/Football/Premier-League/Southampton-FC

Only 11 tickets left for United at St Mary's

Mark my words, anyone who gobs off or tries to give it large in the Chapel Kop will get dealt with.

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

Liverpool home on 22:32 - Aug 1 with 710 viewssolent_toffee

Liverpool home on 13:28 - Aug 1 by arfurdent

what do you expect from Toxteth rioters

I'm not one for standing up for that shower, however I doubt any gloating Liverpool 'fan' has even heard of Toxteth.
Liverpool home on 03:24 - Aug 2 with 652 viewscocklebreath

Probably liverpool fans from Woolston, the worst kind of c&nts

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Liverpool home on 06:23 - Aug 2 with 606 viewsHeisenberg

Liverpool home on 10:25 - Aug 1 by saintwizzler

Fair few left in my block for £66.25.
Haven’t looked at other blocks as the mobile site is shîte for doing that.

£66 to watch a game of football !! Sod that.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Liverpool home on 08:26 - Aug 2 with 552 viewssaintwizzler

Liverpool home on 22:31 - Aug 1 by Buggalugs

Mark my words, anyone who gobs off or tries to give it large in the Chapel Kop will get dealt with.

Warwick Dave takes no prisoners in The Stand Of Death, Pal.

Liverpool home on 09:08 - Aug 2 with 525 viewscocklebreath

The club will find out the matchday pricing is too much, its proper c&ntish. Never been annoyed with the club before but right now its pishing me off. I would like club mouth piece Nick to tell me alls fine and as a non season ticket holder I should expect to pay over £50 per game.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Liverpool home on 09:15 - Aug 2 with 521 viewsericofarabia

Liverpool home on 09:08 - Aug 2 by cocklebreath

The club will find out the matchday pricing is too much, its proper c&ntish. Never been annoyed with the club before but right now its pishing me off. I would like club mouth piece Nick to tell me alls fine and as a non season ticket holder I should expect to pay over £50 per game.

It's certainly put me off coming down for the Man U and Liverpool games. I'll be doing more aways than home thats for sure.
Liverpool home on 09:24 - Aug 2 with 512 viewssaints__fan__73

Liverpool home on 10:01 - Aug 1 by SaintNick

Lack of airborne excitement, yes?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Liverpool home on 09:49 - Aug 2 with 496 viewsarfurdent

Liverpool home on 22:32 - Aug 1 by solent_toffee

I'm not one for standing up for that shower, however I doubt any gloating Liverpool 'fan' has even heard of Toxteth.

got a point there

white Fiat driver wanted

Liverpool home on 11:08 - Aug 2 with 461 viewsSaintNick

Liverpool home on 09:08 - Aug 2 by cocklebreath

I havent told anyone it is fine merely that the club had broadened its matchday pricing, so you can pay anywhere between £20 -50 for a ticket for home games.

The problem is that all football clubs have to make money in order to be able to afford to pay transfe fees etc, yes they have £120-150 million every year from the Premier League & TV but so do every other clubs and if we want to compete then we have to give ourselves every financial opportunity of doing so and that means a pricing structure that not only lets those on a lower income go to games but also maximises the bigger game income.

I would rather ticket prices reduced and there was a £30 ceiling at every club, but until that happens we have to run with the system we have that is reality, sadly it will drive some away but as long as they are replaced then football will go along the path it is.

Personally my season ticket works out at £35 a game so that is not far off the £30 ceiling that groups like the FSA are calling for, i have to bite the bullet if you buy a ticket for £20 for a category c match it is swings and roundabouts.

You could have bought a ticket for £40 for this game which is only £5 more than the average price I am paying for this game, so I cant see where your gripe is here.

I am not the club mouth piece, I will slag them off when they need slagging off and I will compliment them when it merits, their ticketing system is not perfect but it is as good as most in the premier league.

The cheapest price for Manchester United and Liverpool of £40 is cheaper than it was last season for these games so where is your problem in that, you could have watched the game for less.

Will the club find out that the ticket structure is wrong ? not from the evidence so far, they are selling out Manchester United, something they didnt do last year and also Liverpool so they will say the pricing is right, they are milking the fans that only turn up for the big games , I havent spoken to many regular fans who too much of a problem with that.

The reality thouh is that the club has reduced prices for the less attractive games where the ground isn't sold out so that those who truly cant afford to go regularly can go to a game or two

Liverpool home on 11:25 - Aug 2 with 449 viewsA1079

Liverpool home on 11:08 - Aug 2 by SaintNick

I havent told anyone it is fine merely that the club had broadened its matchday pricing, so you can pay anywhere between £20 -50 for a ticket for home games.

The problem is that all football clubs have to make money in order to be able to afford to pay transfe fees etc, yes they have £120-150 million every year from the Premier League & TV but so do every other clubs and if we want to compete then we have to give ourselves every financial opportunity of doing so and that means a pricing structure that not only lets those on a lower income go to games but also maximises the bigger game income.

I would rather ticket prices reduced and there was a £30 ceiling at every club, but until that happens we have to run with the system we have that is reality, sadly it will drive some away but as long as they are replaced then football will go along the path it is.

Personally my season ticket works out at £35 a game so that is not far off the £30 ceiling that groups like the FSA are calling for, i have to bite the bullet if you buy a ticket for £20 for a category c match it is swings and roundabouts.

You could have bought a ticket for £40 for this game which is only £5 more than the average price I am paying for this game, so I cant see where your gripe is here.

I am not the club mouth piece, I will slag them off when they need slagging off and I will compliment them when it merits, their ticketing system is not perfect but it is as good as most in the premier league.

The cheapest price for Manchester United and Liverpool of £40 is cheaper than it was last season for these games so where is your problem in that, you could have watched the game for less.

Will the club find out that the ticket structure is wrong ? not from the evidence so far, they are selling out Manchester United, something they didnt do last year and also Liverpool so they will say the pricing is right, they are milking the fans that only turn up for the big games , I havent spoken to many regular fans who too much of a problem with that.

The reality thouh is that the club has reduced prices for the less attractive games where the ground isn't sold out so that those who truly cant afford to go regularly can go to a game or two

Where do you and this site stand Nick in respect of the club adding admin fees to each ticket for home games when you have purchased a membership card? Ok, the membership cards are not ready for the Liverpool game (which is another inexplicable situation, since they took our money weeks ago for them - and no communication to explain why).

I appreciate that these may seem niggling insufficient issues, but it all adds up to a negative supporter/fan/customer experience (whatever we are supposed to call it these days).
Liverpool home on 11:38 - Aug 2 with 436 viewsSaintNick

Liverpool home on 11:25 - Aug 2 by A1079

Where do you and this site stand Nick in respect of the club adding admin fees to each ticket for home games when you have purchased a membership card? Ok, the membership cards are not ready for the Liverpool game (which is another inexplicable situation, since they took our money weeks ago for them - and no communication to explain why).

I appreciate that these may seem niggling insufficient issues, but it all adds up to a negative supporter/fan/customer experience (whatever we are supposed to call it these days).

Im not a fan of admin fees, in fairness they charge them to every ticket whether you are a member or a season ticket holder, but every club does it and so do most other events where you have to buy tickets etc, so it is not an SFC thing its life in general.

Im not going to stick up for their communication there is no excuse for not having sent out season tickets and membership cards by now and if it is something beyond their control then why not tell people and set their expectations

Liverpool home on 12:06 - Aug 2 with 421 viewsA1079

Liverpool home on 11:38 - Aug 2 by SaintNick

Im not a fan of admin fees, in fairness they charge them to every ticket whether you are a member or a season ticket holder, but every club does it and so do most other events where you have to buy tickets etc, so it is not an SFC thing its life in general.

Im not going to stick up for their communication there is no excuse for not having sent out season tickets and membership cards by now and if it is something beyond their control then why not tell people and set their expectations

Thanks Nick for your response. Much appreciated.

I was not aware that all clubs do it, but if they do, then yes, SFC are just following the norm for the business.

I am used to events etc adding admin fees on, but I assume they do that because of postage and printing etc. The use of membership cards and season tickets etc for home games should avoid that need.

I am not green. I know and recognise that a business is not a charity and all businesses will find or invent ways to maximise income - airlines changed things so they could charge all sorts of things on top of the ticket price, as does a myriad of other businesses and organisations. But, like you, when you have membership cards and season ticket holders it does not sit well at all. Not much we can do about it, other than not buy a ticket at all - I guess for all of us and for anything in life - it is what each of us individually see as our tipping point between what is acceptable and becomes unacceptable (or unaffordable).

Agree with you on their communication on this one.
Liverpool home on 00:08 - Aug 3 with 351 viewsWalkingRosie

Liverpool home on 22:31 - Aug 1 by Buggalugs

As expected mush

Liverpool home on 00:18 - Aug 3 with 347 viewsthis_charming_man

Liverpool home on 00:08 - Aug 3 by WalkingRosie

As expected mush

The very least you can expect if you liberties in the chapel Kop is a giant foam hand slapped round your canister. FACT

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Would you rather

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019