Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans’ Forum on Thursday 22:16 - Aug 12 with 1143 viewsPatfromPoole

I can’t possibly imagine what questions might come up. Burning issues must surely include:

1. The kit
2. Moving the away fans
3. The kit
4. Not signing more defenders
5. The kit

What have I missed?

Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 23:58 - Aug 12 with 1097 viewsSaintsforeverj

Somebody please ask:

- After three years of having a terrible defence with the same players not being good enough making mistake after mistake, do you not think we should have signed a couple of EXPERIENCED defenders?

- After saying that the club would be transparent, can you explain why our assistant manager has left and why he hasn't been replaced?

- When Brighton can spend 60 million pounds on their team and not sell anybody, Bournemouth with a crowd a third of the size of ours can spend 50 million and Aston Villa without the Premiership money can spend 120 million pounds, why do we have to sell in order to buy?

Wish I could make it but please somebody ask the questions above.
[Post edited 13 Aug 0:03]
Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 00:03 - Aug 13 with 1092 viewsSteveMoron

Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 23:58 - Aug 12 by Saintsforeverj

Somebody please ask:

- After three years of having a terrible defence with the same players not being good enough making mistake after mistake, do you not think we should have signed a couple of EXPERIENCED defenders?

- After saying that the club would be transparent, can you explain why our assistant manager has left and why he hasn't been replaced?

- When Brighton can spend 60 million pounds on their team and not sell anybody, Bournemouth with a crowd a third of the size of ours can spend 50 million and Aston Villa without the Premiership money can spend 120 million pounds, why do we have to sell in order to buy?

All good questions I have to say.
Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 07:12 - Aug 13 with 968 viewsKennington

Somebody please ask:

Excellent questions.

Maybe add..

When Kat sold her majority stake, it was stated by her that the new owner would take the club on to the next level. As this clearly hasn’t happened how will she be held account considering she is still a shareholder?

Who at the club advises Gao, and was it made clear to him that the playing side needed to have been strengthened this summer to avoid a third relegation battle in a row?
[Post edited 13 Aug 7:14]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 07:34 - Aug 13 with 947 viewssaintwizzler

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.

Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 07:46 - Aug 13 with 912 viewskingslandstand1

Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 07:12 - Aug 13 by Kennington

Excellent questions.

Maybe add..

When Kat sold her majority stake, it was stated by her that the new owner would take the club on to the next level. As this clearly hasn’t happened how will she be held account considering she is still a shareholder?

Who at the club advises Gao, and was it made clear to him that the playing side needed to have been strengthened this summer to avoid a third relegation battle in a row?

Maybe it was the next level down he meant as it certainly doesn't look up

Couldn't even get Saturday's game on Radio Solent as B'muff and the Skates were on the DAB and FM channels, that's how far down we've gone
Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 08:28 - Aug 13 with 878 viewsPatfromPoole

Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 07:34 - Aug 13 by saintwizzler

An in-death 1:1 chat?

Blimey, don’t mess with Ralph.....

Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 08:35 - Aug 13 with 868 viewsOccasional_Showers

Does chairman Goa support the pro democracy demonstrators i Hong Kong?

Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 09:17 - Aug 13 with 839 viewsthis_charming_man

The beer. Dave from Shirley, season ticket holder since 1982 never missed a game honestly, will ask Why have we got that foreign muck kingfisher that I only like when I go for a curry. Why can’t we have an English beer like carlsberg or kingfisher?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Before end of transfer window how many more posts about signing a CB?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 10:08 - Aug 13 with 789 viewskernow

Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 08:35 - Aug 13 by Occasional_Showers

Does chairman Goa support the pro democracy demonstrators i Hong Kong?

Bad for business, certainly not!
Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 10:53 - Aug 13 with 763 viewsDorsetIan

Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 07:12 - Aug 13 by Kennington

Excellent questions.

Maybe add..

Seems very clear that Gao is out of funds. One look at the state of the LDSports website - supposedly his main 'in' to the riches of the Chinese market - can tell you that. Plus, can't get the shirts ready - another potential money spinner. Plus, the apparent difficulty in getting the Danso deal over the line in good time.
Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 12:32 - Aug 13 with 703 viewsA1079

Somebody please ask:

Good questions. I hope they are asked and pressed by people there because it is not enough for them to come back with some PR response. There has to be a serious answer as to why the club deemed it acceptable to not deal with the defence problem for 3 seasons now and why other clubs of a similar size or even smaller than ours, can appear to manage to recruit for key positions.

There is also the question as to why have we as a club appeared so ill prepared for the start of this season, be it on the pitch or off it. Have they taken the eyes of the ball (unintended pun) and if not, who is responsible? There are no excuses for bad planning, organisation and good communication.
Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 12:54 - Aug 13 with 678 viewssaint22

Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 12:32 - Aug 13 by A1079

Good questions. I hope they are asked and pressed by people there because it is not enough for them to come back with some PR response. There has to be a serious answer as to why the club deemed it acceptable to not deal with the defence problem for 3 seasons now and why other clubs of a similar size or even smaller than ours, can appear to manage to recruit for key positions.

There is also the question as to why have we as a club appeared so ill prepared for the start of this season, be it on the pitch or off it. Have they taken the eyes of the ball (unintended pun) and if not, who is responsible? There are no excuses for bad planning, organisation and good communication.

Just once with Saints, can we not have a steady build up and good start to a new season, it does not seem possible.
The window was a shambles even tho it started promisingly. Adams was on our radar in January so did we really bumble from May to 1700 on Aug 8 to locate a CB we could actually bring in? Smacks of poor organisation
Was Ralphs assistant always leaving or were we blindsided by that?
Fail to prepare
Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 13:19 - Aug 13 with 650 viewsDorsetIan

Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 12:54 - Aug 13 by saint22

Just once with Saints, can we not have a steady build up and good start to a new season, it does not seem possible.
The window was a shambles even tho it started promisingly. Adams was on our radar in January so did we really bumble from May to 1700 on Aug 8 to locate a CB we could actually bring in? Smacks of poor organisation
Was Ralphs assistant always leaving or were we blindsided by that?
Fail to prepare

He was apparently still in the club's plans a month before he left...

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2019-07-01/southampton-football-structure-upd
Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 19:08 - Aug 13 with 443 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 12:32 - Aug 13 by A1079

RH Must be thoroughly " pissed of "losing his assistant ( Again all's quiet on that front ) plus having to deal with all the incompetence of people around him!

OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM? having known for MONTHS and MONTHS that we need to move players off the payroll - we have had hardly any movement whatsoever - So we have made mistakes, in the past, by offering ludicrous contracts that we do now have to honor....... BUT THE MAIN players are still on the payroll - Foster, Lamina, Stephens, Mccarthy and many more ALL on Huge weekly contracts .... This is holding Ralph and our club back ......

ACTION - SACK the Director of Football Operations Ross Wilson and his whole transfer department immediately - they have all been proven to have NO skill - NO expertise and utterly USELESS!

SOLUTION - Find the guy who expertly DID A FANTASTIC DEAL GETTING A PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB like Southampton F.C. TO PURCHASE A RESERVE PLAYER FOR £19 MILLION + getting him on a 5 YEAR CONTRACT = a total plus fees £34,640,000 MILLION?

PAY HIM/HER megger bucks - We NEED a person with vision, skill and lots of bullshit to move our Dross players on! just like he/she SPOOFED US to purchase Guido CARRILLO on such terms. - I mean to SELL us and take him and pay a total of over £ 34 MILLION .... ( Thanks to i_would for the updated figures )

I am desperate for our Saints to do well - NO we won't go down - but fear Ralph has a monumental hill to climb - before he/we start seeing better results.

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 19:25 - Aug 13 with 422 viewsHappy_Jack

Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 19:08 - Aug 13 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

RH Must be thoroughly " pissed of "losing his assistant ( Again all's quiet on that front ) plus having to deal with all the incompetence of people around him!

OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM? having known for MONTHS and MONTHS that we need to move players off the payroll - we have had hardly any movement whatsoever - So we have made mistakes, in the past, by offering ludicrous contracts that we do now have to honor....... BUT THE MAIN players are still on the payroll - Foster, Lamina, Stephens, Mccarthy and many more ALL on Huge weekly contracts .... This is holding Ralph and our club back ......

ACTION - SACK the Director of Football Operations Ross Wilson and his whole transfer department immediately - they have all been proven to have NO skill - NO expertise and utterly USELESS!

SOLUTION - Find the guy who expertly DID A FANTASTIC DEAL GETTING A PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB like Southampton F.C. TO PURCHASE A RESERVE PLAYER FOR £19 MILLION + getting him on a 5 YEAR CONTRACT = a total plus fees £34,640,000 MILLION?

PAY HIM/HER megger bucks - We NEED a person with vision, skill and lots of bullshit to move our Dross players on! just like he/she SPOOFED US to purchase Guido CARRILLO on such terms. - I mean to SELL us and take him and pay a total of over £ 34 MILLION .... ( Thanks to i_would for the updated figures )

I am desperate for our Saints to do well - NO we won't go down - but fear Ralph has a monumental hill to climb - before he/we start seeing better results.

I enjoy reading your posts immensely ASIS. That was a thoroughly enjoyable tirade. Re the SOLUTION though..... Les Reed has sadly left the club so can no longer broker such impressive deals.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who on this forum has the most impressive contact list on their phone?

Fans’ Forum on Thursday on 07:15 - Aug 14 with 195 viewsMushty

I'm sure the odd question will be raised about LD Sports.

I'd also suggest experienced CB, defensive midfielder, striker should have been priority signings in that order.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019