Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ross Wilson 10:07 - Oct 5 with 641 viewsthis_charming_man

In talks with rangers to become their DOF.

Interestingly Steven Gerrard is meant to be keen to have him come in

Maybe is isn’t as bad as some of our fans make out

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Would you rather

Ross Wilson on 10:51 - Oct 5 with 606 viewsUlsterBaz

Rangers wanted him over a year ago so it’s interesting that they still want Ross. They clearly rate him. It’s a step up job wise really so he should take it if he’s ambitious.
Ross Wilson on 11:39 - Oct 5 with 567 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Ross Wilson on 10:51 - Oct 5 by UlsterBaz

Rangers wanted him over a year ago so it’s interesting that they still want Ross. They clearly rate him. It’s a step up job wise really so he should take it if he’s ambitious.

Maybe I am missing something? The role of the director of football may include control over transfer dealings and targets.

Hmmm? But what has he done to enhance the quality of our team?

I know it is difficult and it DOES NEED HIGH EFFECTIVE SELLING and NEGOTIATING SKILLS ( Like the person who SOLD a Monaco reserve player to us and made Saints pay £ 19 MILLION PLUS a high weekly wage FOR 5 YEARS ) ............... but exactly what has he done to help Ralph? - to find homes for " The dross useless players " still on our books with Saints paying out MEGA AMOUNTS of money EVERY WEEK - most are not "sold " but have gone out " on loan " with Saints contributing to making up their excessive wage structure with only the only exception was the transfer - Matt Targett to villa -- the rest was a total pathetic effort - and yes before anyone asks - I believe that I could have done a better job along with most of the contributors on here!
[Post edited 5 Oct 12:13]

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Ross Wilson on 12:25 - Oct 5 with 520 viewsPatfromPoole

Not a problem.

We can just copy the Pomps and use Indeed to get our players....

Ross Wilson on 13:57 - Oct 5 with 476 viewsI_would

Ross Wilson on 11:39 - Oct 5 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Maybe I am missing something? The role of the director of football may include control over transfer dealings and targets.

Hmmm? But what has he done to enhance the quality of our team?

I know it is difficult and it DOES NEED HIGH EFFECTIVE SELLING and NEGOTIATING SKILLS ( Like the person who SOLD a Monaco reserve player to us and made Saints pay £ 19 MILLION PLUS a high weekly wage FOR 5 YEARS ) ............... but exactly what has he done to help Ralph? - to find homes for " The dross useless players " still on our books with Saints paying out MEGA AMOUNTS of money EVERY WEEK - most are not "sold " but have gone out " on loan " with Saints contributing to making up their excessive wage structure with only the only exception was the transfer - Matt Targett to villa -- the rest was a total pathetic effort - and yes before anyone asks - I believe that I could have done a better job along with most of the contributors on here!
[Post edited 5 Oct 12:13]

Once 'fishy' Reed had taken the Club down with his 'dodgy' transfers the Saints FC future was set in stone for a t least 5 years. There wasn't any saleable players left and the new signings are so overpriced and overpaid that they'll stay with Saints until the last day of their contracts, by which time their value will be nil. So Wilson couldn't remedy the situation and that's probably why he's leaving, before the big downturn.
[Post edited 5 Oct 13:59]

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Ross Wilson on 14:43 - Oct 5 with 438 viewsA1079

So much about these things is about being the right person in the right place at the right time and conversely the other way round.

I have no idea whether Ross Wilson is good at his job or not, but the current board, Reed, et al are all contributory factors.

I think losing Mitchell when we did and more recently Danny Rohl have also been a significant indication of the direction of the club.

Comparing Rangers against us at the moment is probably a bit chalk and cheese. Rangers are probably at best an average Championship club at the moment but trying to bring back their halcyon days = but you are dealing with the Scottish league which is quite different to our PL. Wilson may be the answer for them but it also depends on what Rangers were willing to pay - have they got the best man for the job or the one they could afford?

At the moment for Saints, I sort of feel that any manager, coach, recruiting officer are hamstrung by the board's ambition and strategy - or lack of it.

Ross Wilson on 11:59 - Oct 6 with 219 viewsRipleys_revenge

If Wilson does leave I will personally be delighted. I have been unable to understand how he has been able to keep his job for so long, yes he was operating under Reed for a lot of the really poor recruitment (although he will have had significant influence on who we signed during this time anyway) but since then our record in signing the right players has not improved at all. The centre back issue is one that he has failed to correct during SIX transfer windows.

I'm not blaming Wilson for all that is wrong at Saints - far from it, but his performance in charge of overall recruitment has been fairly shocking for quite a long time.
Ross Wilson on 13:07 - Oct 6 with 188 viewsI_would

Ross Wilson on 11:59 - Oct 6 by Ripleys_revenge

If Wilson does leave I will personally be delighted. I have been unable to understand how he has been able to keep his job for so long, yes he was operating under Reed for a lot of the really poor recruitment (although he will have had significant influence on who we signed during this time anyway) but since then our record in signing the right players has not improved at all. The centre back issue is one that he has failed to correct during SIX transfer windows.

I'm not blaming Wilson for all that is wrong at Saints - far from it, but his performance in charge of overall recruitment has been fairly shocking for quite a long time.

How do you buy decent CB's with no cash?

'Fishy' Reed had emptied the pot with his 'dodgy' agent friends.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019