Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adz tells it 04:37 - Oct 7 with 1179 viewssaintwizzler

I knew it was bad...

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.

Adz tells it on 08:34 - Oct 7 with 1067 viewsRon11

GAO should never have been allowed in to the club. A once respected side has been turned into a laughing stock. Two defeats and 7 goals conceded in the last two home games...
Adz tells it on 08:43 - Oct 7 with 1055 viewsWints76

Adz tells it on 08:34 - Oct 7 by Ron11

GAO should never have been allowed in to the club. A once respected side has been turned into a laughing stock. Two defeats and 7 goals conceded in the last two home games...

The Kat/Gao fall out rumours are gathering pace as well....
Adz tells it on 08:45 - Oct 7 with 1050 viewsthis_charming_man

Adz tells it on 08:43 - Oct 7 by Wints76

The Kat/Gao fall out rumours are gathering pace as well....

do continue, not heard that one

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Would you rather

Adz tells it on 09:06 - Oct 7 with 1029 viewsWints76

Adz tells it on 08:45 - Oct 7 by this_charming_man

do continue, not heard that one

Heard a few whispers along these lines. May not be true, but she is apparently unhappy he has not done what he has said he would do.

Adz tells it on 09:07 - Oct 7 with 1026 viewsthis_charming_man

Adz tells it on 09:06 - Oct 7 by Wints76

Heard a few whispers along these lines. May not be true, but she is apparently unhappy he has not done what he has said he would do.

SO let me get this straight. Shes surprised a Chinese fella who was involved in an execution, had to take out a state loan to buy her property, they had to change the rules so someone like him couldn't take our a football club again hasn't kept his promise?

Adz tells it on 09:09 - Oct 7 with 1022 viewsWints76

Adz tells it on 09:07 - Oct 7 by this_charming_man

SO let me get this straight. Shes surprised a Chinese fella who was involved in an execution, had to take out a state loan to buy her property, they had to change the rules so someone like him couldn't take our a football club again hasn't kept his promise?

I guess so!

Adz tells it on 09:38 - Oct 7 with 989 viewsdirk_doone

We assume he did do what he said he would do and paid £200 million into her bank account. If he hasn't paid her the full amount yet, maybe she is angry. It must be tough being down to the last few hundred million her father left her.

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Adz tells it on 09:41 - Oct 7 with 986 viewsthis_charming_man

Adz tells it on 09:38 - Oct 7 by dirk_doone

We assume he did do what he said he would do and paid £200 million into her bank account. If he hasn't paid her the full amount yet, maybe she is angry. It must be tough being down to the last few hundred million her father left her.

those hand bag credit accounts aren't going to pay themselves pal.

Login to get fewer ads

Adz tells it on 09:46 - Oct 7 with 976 viewsdirk_doone

Maybe Gao is the one who is angry after Kat sold him a vision of a business where an academy and recruitment department would produce valuable commodities which a sales team would then sell for vast profits.

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Adz tells it on 09:54 - Oct 7 with 960 viewsSaintNick

Sometimes im surprised at how quickly people are willing to believe the worst in the club and how everyone is in it for profit.

People talk now of how great we were back in 2014-16 etc etc, but back then the same people were saying the same things as they are saying now moaning that all the owner wanted to do was sell etc

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Adz tells it on 09:55 - Oct 7 with 958 viewsdirk_doone

Adz tells it on 09:54 - Oct 7 by SaintNick

Sometimes im surprised at how quickly people are willing to believe the worst in the club and how everyone is in it for profit.

People talk now of how great we were back in 2014-16 etc etc, but back then the same people were saying the same things as they are saying now moaning that all the owner wanted to do was sell etc

"all the owner wanted to do was sell"

And she did. She sold all of our best players and 80% of the club, making a profit for herself of around a quarter of a billion pounds.

We can only assume from reports in papers like the Echo and Guardian that Markus Liebherr had 'made provision for the future of the club' that Kat was only left the club on condition that she didn't sell it immediately.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/aug/11/markus-liebherr-southampton-fut

[Post edited 7 Oct 10:38]

Adz tells it on 09:59 - Oct 7 with 945 viewsthis_charming_man

Adz tells it on 09:54 - Oct 7 by SaintNick

We're obviously not the worst club in the world but I fail to understand how the likes of Bournemouth and Brighton outspend us year after year.

Adz tells it on 10:06 - Oct 7 with 935 viewsdirk_doone

Adz tells it on 09:59 - Oct 7 by this_charming_man

We're obviously not the worst club in the world but I fail to understand how the likes of Bournemouth and Brighton outspend us year after year.

In Brighton's annual accounts there is even a section marked 'owner's contributions'. Including what he paid for their new stadium, Tony Bloom had spent £318 million of his own money on Brighton by the end of 2018.

Owning a football club, like owning race horses, is and always has been a rich man's hobby, and the ones with the wealthiest and most generous owners tend to be the most successful.
[Post edited 7 Oct 10:09]

Adz tells it on 10:27 - Oct 7 with 894 views1885_SFC

Adz tells it on 10:06 - Oct 7 by dirk_doone

In Brighton's annual accounts there is even a section marked 'owner's contributions'. Including what he paid for their new stadium, Tony Bloom had spent £318 million of his own money on Brighton by the end of 2018.

Owning a football club, like owning race horses, is and always has been a rich man's hobby, and the ones with the wealthiest and most generous owners tend to be the most successful.

Never a truer word said.

Love life. Love music.

Adz tells it on 10:40 - Oct 7 with 881 viewsericofarabia

Adz tells it on 10:27 - Oct 7 by 1885_SFC

Never a truer word said.

Yep ... loads of whinging Man U and Liverpool fans complained that Jack Walker BOUGHT the Title for Blackburn. Okay so he did splash HIS cash to even out the playing field. All of the money he invested into the club was done so, not for his personal gain, but for the good of the club and town he'd supported all of his life. He did it because he wanted to, not to improve his investment.
You could say the Leicester success was a combination of the two. Obviously there to make money, but also pumped personal money into the club AND community, something that isn't ever going to happen with our reclusive owner.
Adz tells it on 12:04 - Oct 7 with 826 viewsthis_charming_man

Adz tells it on 10:06 - Oct 7 by dirk_doone

When I looked at Brighton and Bournemouths transfers spend I was amazed to see whilst we've been making profits Brighton have a net spend of £187m and Bouremouths is £122m since their promotions. They have both had a few duds too just like us. Whilst I get the fact our wage bill needed trimming I am still yet to see anyone give reason why are the only club in the premier league who have to sell to finance purchases. It simply does not stack up when you look at other clubs.

Adz tells it on 12:14 - Oct 7 with 815 viewsSonicBoom

It's a perfectly valid question TCM I agree.

Although to be fair Brighton and Bournemouth have spent way more than us and they aren't actually that much better than us are they?
Adz tells it on 12:22 - Oct 7 with 797 viewsthis_charming_man

Adz tells it on 12:14 - Oct 7 by SonicBoom

It's a perfectly valid question TCM I agree.

Although to be fair Brighton and Bournemouth have spent way more than us and they aren't actually that much better than us are they?

yep but that's not the point. The point is there transfers haven't been funded by sales like ours. Mike Ashley is hated by Newcastle fans and accused of being a tight fisted cockney wan*ker, yet Newcastle have spent £120m more than they've earnt from sales in the last 5 years. Why are we different?

The excuse trotted out every time this question gets brought up is how great our business model is and we have to pay agents fees, bonuses and wages, guess what? So does everyone else. It just does not stack up.

Adz tells it on 12:41 - Oct 7 with 765 viewsButty101

Adz tells it on 12:22 - Oct 7 by this_charming_man

yep but that's not the point. The point is there transfers haven't been funded by sales like ours. Mike Ashley is hated by Newcastle fans and accused of being a tight fisted cockney wan*ker, yet Newcastle have spent £120m more than they've earnt from sales in the last 5 years. Why are we different?

The excuse trotted out every time this question gets brought up is how great our business model is and we have to pay agents fees, bonuses and wages, guess what? So does everyone else. It just does not stack up.

Dont forget we are the only club that makes NI contributions as well.

Poll: First League Win of the Season

Adz tells it on 12:56 - Oct 7 with 734 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Adz tells it on 12:04 - Oct 7 by this_charming_man

When I looked at Brighton and Bournemouths transfers spend I was amazed to see whilst we've been making profits Brighton have a net spend of £187m and Bouremouths is £122m since their promotions. They have both had a few duds too just like us. Whilst I get the fact our wage bill needed trimming I am still yet to see anyone give reason why are the only club in the premier league who have to sell to finance purchases. It simply does not stack up when you look at other clubs.

The only reason I can think is that the club might be more in trouble than we realise, financially.

As you say, I don't understand how Brighton and Bournemouth can spend so much more, unless they are massively in debt and praying the purchases pay off.

And yes, Newcastle ... tight-fisted Ashley. Still spending (net) more than Saints.

Ralph needs some quality defenders in the January window and the club should fund that. If they don't, Saints could well lose their best asset when he walks ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Adz tells it on 22:43 - Oct 7 with 378 viewskingslandstand1

Adz tells it on 12:56 - Oct 7 by Gennaro_Contaldo

The only reason I can think is that the club might be more in trouble than we realise, financially.

As you say, I don't understand how Brighton and Bournemouth can spend so much more, unless they are massively in debt and praying the purchases pay off.

And yes, Newcastle ... tight-fisted Ashley. Still spending (net) more than Saints.

Ralph needs some quality defenders in the January window and the club should fund that. If they don't, Saints could well lose their best asset when he walks ...

Bournemouth are also investing how many millions on this new training ground yet are still staying at an 11k stadium. Where is the ambition in that
Adz tells it on 08:14 - Oct 8 with 306 viewsTripleNiemi

Seriously? FFS if she has been hoodwinked then it didn't take much effort on Gao's part. If i was Kat i would be looking to sue her advisors. Too bloody late now as she sadly lost a lot of respect i had for her. Appreciate everything she had done for SFC following Marcus' passing but selling out to this chancer sadly left a sour taste. As for the PL fit and proper.....

Still, some new decals on the stadium and red and white boards around the top of St. Marys must be close to whst Gao promised?
[Post edited 8 Oct 8:16]

Gao loves the passion...…….

Adz tells it (n/t) on 08:14 - Oct 8 with 306 viewsTripleNiemi

[Post edited 8 Oct 8:17]

Adz tells it on 08:22 - Oct 8 with 288 viewsTripleNiemi

Adz tells it on 10:27 - Oct 7 by 1885_SFC

Never a truer word said.

If surviving in the PL is deemed as 'successful' then like BHA we too are a success?!?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019