Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? 11:06 - Oct 7 with 738 viewsI_would

and drop Ward Prowse and Hojbjerg as they are useless (stats prove this)

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 14:42 - Oct 7 with 678 viewsrobcoe5

first time on the forum
not sure what they both offer, we seem to play with a lack of creativity and slow players in midfield, need to go back to back 3 with the full backs pushing on or sitting tight when required. this would then allow someone more creative in midfield.
Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 15:01 - Oct 7 with 659 viewsDorsetIan

Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 14:42 - Oct 7 by robcoe5

first time on the forum
not sure what they both offer, we seem to play with a lack of creativity and slow players in midfield, need to go back to back 3 with the full backs pushing on or sitting tight when required. this would then allow someone more creative in midfield.

You are spot on about the lack of creativity and slow play in midfield. And you can hear Ralph's frustration when he talks about the players being too slow getting the ball forward.

The problem we have had previously with a back five is (a) the middle three getting in each other's way and (b) we then also play 2 defensive midfielders in front of them, which leaves us light on attacking options.

If we could rely on a solid(ish) middle three and with just Romeo in front as protection, and creative players in front of him, might it work? I'm not sure we've got the players.
Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 15:36 - Oct 7 with 623 viewsPatfromPoole

Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 14:42 - Oct 7 by robcoe5

first time on the forum

Top 3 biscuits?

Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 16:08 - Oct 7 with 600 viewsMessysaints

What stats? Show me? Cause i dont believe you.
Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 16:12 - Oct 7 with 594 viewskingslandstand1

Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 15:01 - Oct 7 by DorsetIan

You are spot on about the lack of creativity and slow play in midfield. And you can hear Ralph's frustration when he talks about the players being too slow getting the ball forward.

The problem we have had previously with a back five is (a) the middle three getting in each other's way and (b) we then also play 2 defensive midfielders in front of them, which leaves us light on attacking options.

If we could rely on a solid(ish) middle three and with just Romeo in front as protection, and creative players in front of him, might it work? I'm not sure we've got the players.

Absolutely right. Back 5 does work and we have the attacking wide players to do that. It's just that we don't have the 3 defensive players that could be trusted to also protect the keeper
Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 16:14 - Oct 7 with 590 viewskingslandstand1

first time on the forum

Oh, as a new poster (though I guess a frequent viewer previously?) but don't let on any political views especially if extreme!
Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 17:33 - Oct 7 with 547 viewsrobcoe5

Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 16:14 - Oct 7 by kingslandstand1

Oh, as a new poster (though I guess a frequent viewer previously?) but don't let on any political views especially if extreme!

To old to worry about any comments by others. I go back along way even played football with Nick that is showing my age
Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 18:11 - Oct 7 with 515 viewsPatfromPoole

Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 17:33 - Oct 7 by robcoe5

To old to worry about any comments by others. I go back along way even played football with Nick that is showing my age

Do you share a similarly, er, eclectic music taste as our esteemed message board leader, sir?
Login to get fewer ads

Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 19:15 - Oct 7 with 465 viewsUlsterBaz

Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 15:36 - Oct 7 by PatfromPoole

Top 3 biscuits?

^ I love this. lol
Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 21:14 - Oct 7 with 371 viewsrobcoe5

Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 19:15 - Oct 7 by UlsterBaz

^ I love this. lol

I have not seen nick for probable over 35 years playing for BTC. My taste in music is Motown and soul 70’s, back to the topic of saints We do have the right players for 5/ 3 at the back but can only play 2 of the three in midfield. Ings has no pace but has a good football brain and should play just behind the strikers, like a teddy sheringham role
Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 22:45 - Oct 7 with 329 viewskingslandstand1

Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 18:11 - Oct 7 by PatfromPoole

Do you share a similarly, er, eclectic music taste as our esteemed message board leader, sir?

Did you just say taste?

Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 22:57 - Oct 7 with 320 viewsMattFinish

Clearly I_Would is a very thinly disguised Pompey fan.
Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 10:24 - Oct 8 with 208 viewsI_would

Will RH finally do what he should have done before it's too late? on 22:57 - Oct 7 by MattFinish

Clearly I_Would is a very thinly disguised Pompey fan.

Clearly Dune/Les-Lie is very thinly disguised as Matt F and warbles on like a broken record. Ward Prowse was born in Pompey and went to school there and secretly trained there when he was contracted to Saints academy. Ward Prowse is a skate. And he's c**p.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019