Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'yoof' of today... 13:16 - Oct 29 with 2046 viewsBoris_

What a world we live in with the 'snowflake generation' .

Wanting votes for 16/17 year olds and 47% of 16-34 year olds believe that over 70's shouldn't be allowed to vote?

Poll: Claude Puel

The 'yoof' of today... on 13:21 - Oct 29 with 1209 viewsthis_charming_man

how a 16 year old vote? Half of them can’t even decide if they’re a boy or girl these days

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: who is the worst owner in the Premier league

The 'yoof' of today... on 13:28 - Oct 29 with 1199 viewsBoris_

The 'yoof' of today... on 13:21 - Oct 29 by this_charming_man

how a 16 year old vote? Half of them can’t even decide if they’re a boy or girl these days

IF a 16/17 year old is a home owner or a BUSINESS owner and pays bills and tax then I don't have a huge problem with them having a vote but the majority of 16/17 year olds nowadays are vegan, non-binary extinction rebellion activists who've never done a days work in their life and only promote left-wing views as it's seen as fashionable but have no idea why.

The 'yoof' of today... on 13:30 - Oct 29 with 1192 viewsthis_charming_man

The 'yoof' of today... on 13:28 - Oct 29 by Boris_

IF a 16/17 year old is a home owner or a BUSINESS owner and pays bills and tax then I don't have a huge problem with them having a vote but the majority of 16/17 year olds nowadays are vegan, non-binary extinction rebellion activists who've never done a days work in their life and only promote left-wing views as it's seen as fashionable but have no idea why.

Nods in agreement

Talking of vegans have you watched the game changers yet?

Watching that bullish-8t pro vegan propoganda and I’m surprised you haven’t become
One already to train for your marathon
[Post edited 29 Oct 2019 13:36]

The 'yoof' of today... on 14:42 - Oct 29 with 1129 viewskentsouthampton

The 'yoof' of today... on 13:28 - Oct 29 by Boris_

There were idiots back in the day saying much the same about 18 to 21 year olds getting the vote, there were idiots further back saying much the same about women getting the vote, and a bit further back there were idiots saying the same about the working class getting the vote.
The 'yoof' of today... on 14:53 - Oct 29 with 1097 viewsSaintsforeverj

The 'yoof' of today... on 14:42 - Oct 29 by kentsouthampton

There were idiots back in the day saying much the same about 18 to 21 year olds getting the vote, there were idiots further back saying much the same about women getting the vote, and a bit further back there were idiots saying the same about the working class getting the vote.

I think 18 is about right. How far do you go? Giving the vote to 12 year old? Buy alcohol at 14? At 18 you are an adult and it's about right. No need to change it in my opinion.

How can you vote if you don't pay bills, don't work, don't have a family etc. They would just vote for the party that buys them toys.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2019 14:55]

Poll: Who will you vote for?

The 'yoof' of today... on 15:07 - Oct 29 with 1082 viewsTheMoog

The 'yoof' of today... on 14:42 - Oct 29 by kentsouthampton

That's all very nice if you want to gerrymander the vote but where does it stop? Teenagers? Primary school?

If society deems someone as being not old enough to make their own decision about smoking, drinking, buying a house, getting married, watching a horror film at the cinema or going on military operations then society should deem them not old enough to make informed political decisions.

Standby to standby

The 'yoof' of today... on 15:09 - Oct 29 with 1078 viewsBoris_

The 'yoof' of today... on 14:53 - Oct 29 by Saintsforeverj

I think 18 is about right. How far do you go? Giving the vote to 12 year old? Buy alcohol at 14? At 18 you are an adult and it's about right. No need to change it in my opinion.

How can you vote if you don't pay bills, don't work, don't have a family etc. They would just vote for the party that buys them toys.

Exactly. If you don't pay tax, own a home, rent a home, pay energy bills etc or even cook your own dinner then how on earth can you make an educated and informed decision?!

The 'yoof' of today... on 15:15 - Oct 29 with 1070 viewsBuggalugs

It's an opinion based on desperation to secure the votes of the "oh Jeremey Corbyn" brigade that frequent Glasto and such like.

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

Login to get fewer ads

The 'yoof' of today... on 15:21 - Oct 29 with 1060 viewsSaintsforeverj

The 'yoof' of today... on 15:15 - Oct 29 by Buggalugs

It's an opinion based on desperation to secure the votes of the "oh Jeremey Corbyn" brigade that frequent Glasto and such like.

Yeah there has to be a cut off point. If 16 year olds got the vote, people would say it should be 14 in a few years time. People would also say that if 16 year olds can vote, they should be able to buy alcohol etc. A 16 year old with mental health problems being able to but alcohol? Not sensible or even moral.

18 is perfectly sensible and reasonable and should be left alone.

The 'yoof' of today... on 15:23 - Oct 29 with 1058 viewskentsouthampton

The vast majority of 16 to 18 year olds won't be voting for Farage, that already makes them cleverer than a lot of older people.
The 'yoof' of today... on 15:27 - Oct 29 with 1049 viewsdarthvader

The 'yoof' of today... on 13:21 - Oct 29 by this_charming_man

Or a penguin

keep the faith coyr

The 'yoof' of today... on 15:30 - Oct 29 with 1039 viewssaint22

I agree I think 18 is about right
I have to say that stopping those over the age of 70 having a say on the future of our nation isn't a bad idea though
The 'yoof' of today... on 15:40 - Oct 29 with 1024 viewsBuenosSaint

The 'yoof' of today... on 15:30 - Oct 29 by saint22

I have to say that stopping those over the age of 70 having a say on the future of our nation isn't a bad idea though

I don't. Most have accepted it as the status quo and it won't change .personally 21 is better for me. Less or more mature students voting. People establishing themselves in careers etc.
. What defines an "adult" anyway? The only reason 18 is significant is historically astrological. (It is the first time all the planet's and the moon are in the exact same position as birth I believe) doesn't mean should have the vote. I certainly didn't know who to vote for or why at 18. Can't speak for good of today but strongly suspect the same.

Poll: The Long Future

The 'yoof' of today... on 15:40 - Oct 29 with 1023 viewsdarthvader

If have to say older than that as my mum who is 76 is very active in the fight for rights , very vocal against council decisions , goes to council meetings .
Meets with local MPs all that kind of stuff that Goes's over my head when I go round and she's on a rant.

I can only imagine the nitemare if her right to vote was taken away because of her age ..

keep the faith coyr

The 'yoof' of today... on 15:46 - Oct 29 with 1010 viewsBazza

Steady on Saint22, or do you just want to get rid of Corbyn and Ken Clarke. 'No over 70s' will cut out about 24 current MPs though maybe that is a good idea. Don't you think old people probably have a lot more life experience and knowledge than 20-somethings that have yet to have a family, mortgage/rent etc
The 'yoof' of today... on 15:52 - Oct 29 with 997 viewsSaintsforeverj

You can't have an upper age limit. The difference is that "older" people are adults. Yes, they might become confused etc but if they were that confused, they wouldn't make it to the polling booth any way. Some 90 year olds are of very sound mind and should never be stopped form voting.

The 'yoof' of today... on 16:10 - Oct 29 with 976 viewsSonicBoom

"Unless they are 18 how can they make an informed political decision"

Jesus have you seen the voting public? Most are thick as **** and whilst they spout off they have no real understanding of the issues. In fact it's fair to say that a lot of political issues are so complex the vast majority of us don't understand it.

Never mind an age limit, they should set an IQ limit.
The 'yoof' of today... on 16:10 - Oct 29 with 973 viewssaint22

The 'yoof' of today... on 15:46 - Oct 29 by Bazza

Steady on Saint22, or do you just want to get rid of Corbyn and Ken Clarke. 'No over 70s' will cut out about 24 current MPs though maybe that is a good idea. Don't you think old people probably have a lot more life experience and knowledge than 20-somethings that have yet to have a family, mortgage/rent etc

Yes point taken they do have a lot more life experience but they are very out of touch with the younger generation and what they need ahead its a very different world to what was required in the 50's
my folks have no clue at all abut what's what
The 'yoof' of today... on 16:19 - Oct 29 with 957 viewsBuggalugs

The 'yoof' of today... on 16:10 - Oct 29 by saint22

Yes point taken they do have a lot more life experience but they are very out of touch with the younger generation and what they need ahead its a very different world to what was required in the 50's

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

The 'yoof' of today... on 16:25 - Oct 29 with 948 viewsRon11

No commas, no full stops, a spelling mistake and only one capital letter. And you say THEY have no clue at all.
Atrocious work like that never existed in the 50's.
We need voters who actually went to school.
The 'yoof' of today... on 16:46 - Oct 29 with 925 viewsTheMoog

That explains a lot.

Standby to standby

The 'yoof' of today... on 16:58 - Oct 29 with 905 viewsBicester_North

Poll: How proud are you to see our ex players at Liverpool?

The 'yoof' of today... on 17:02 - Oct 29 with 893 viewsMessysaints

Should let none UK nationals vote too, why not, does it really matter.
The 'yoof' of today... on 17:06 - Oct 29 with 885 viewsthis_charming_man

Hey, don’t 18 year olds spend all their lives on Facebook? How can they vote fairly after that? Have you seen the Great Hack?

The 'yoof' of today... on 17:20 - Oct 29 with 867 viewsBicester_North

What age do they let people vote in Corfu? We could learn a lot on this sad little island from the way they do it.

Poll: How proud are you to see our ex players at Liverpool?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020