Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Targett looking lively down the villa left 20:22 - Nov 25 with 581 viewsButty101

Just think what a combination it could have been with Sims in front of him and chopper read in the middle breaking it up

Poll: First League Win of the Season

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 20:27 - Nov 25 with 573 viewsTripleNiemi

We needed the cash, he went. Simples.

Not one of our current squad would not be sold for a few million if the offer came in. The good thing is, there ain't too many i would be now dissapointed at going. The golden years are gone.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 20:29]

Gao loves the passion...…….

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 20:42 - Nov 25 with 556 viewsSaintsforeverj

More of a worry is that Saints are now 4 points adrift.

Defeat to Watford would be unthinkable.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 20:56]

Poll: Who will you vote for?

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 21:31 - Nov 25 with 500 viewsSaintNick

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 20:27 - Nov 25 by TripleNiemi

We needed the cash, he went. Simples.

Not one of our current squad would not be sold for a few million if the offer came in. The good thing is, there ain't too many i would be now dissapointed at going. The golden years are gone.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 20:29]

Up to the time he left Targett was slagged off mercilessly as being not good enough, he leaves we get a few bob and suddenly the story changes, he went because we were cashing in not because as most posters said on here he was rubbish

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 21:34 - Nov 25 with 493 viewsBicester_North

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 21:31 - Nov 25 by SaintNick

Up to the time he left Targett was slagged off mercilessly as being not good enough, he leaves we get a few bob and suddenly the story changes, he went because we were cashing in not because as most posters said on here he was rubbish

You have to remember most people on here would gladly physically attack 72 year olds, so they think nothing of slagging off home grown left backs.

Poll: How proud are you to see our ex players at Liverpool?

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 21:37 - Nov 25 with 489 viewsSaintsforeverj

At the time, Ralph I believe decided to cash in so that he could buy Adams. Totally understandable as we had Bertrand so Ralph decided to get what was good money for a left back and buy a striker. The shame of it is that Ralph should have been able to buy Adams and also keep Targett and / or use the targett money to buy a defender. Should be more than enough money in the club. Saving 20 million on not buying a defender might result in losing 150 million because of relegation.

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 21:59 - Nov 25 with 452 viewsdirk_doone

Targett was poor defensively for for us but always showed potential as an attacking midfielder and had his best few games when Bertrand was playing as left back behind him.

More importantly, imagine if we could have afforded to buy Tyrone Mings. What a difference he'd have made to our defence. But we have to sell to buy and we've got no player left we could sell for anything near that much so there's no point dreaming.

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 22:13 - Nov 25 with 433 viewsSaintsforeverj

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 21:59 - Nov 25 by dirk_doone

Targett was poor defensively for for us but always showed potential as an attacking midfielder and had his best few games when Bertrand was playing as left back behind him.

More importantly, imagine if we could have afforded to buy Tyrone Mings. What a difference he'd have made to our defence. But we have to sell to buy and we've got no player left we could sell for anything near that much so there's no point dreaming.

Exactly. Saints could have spent 50 million. Some of it on Mings and another defender. Cahill was free. But instead the club decided to save the money at the probable expense of 150 million of going down.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 22:14]

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 09:35 - Nov 26 with 338 viewsericofarabia

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 21:34 - Nov 25 by Bicester_North

You have to remember most people on here would gladly physically attack 72 year olds, so they think nothing of slagging off home grown left backs.

Login to get fewer ads

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 13:11 - Nov 26 with 281 viewsTripleNiemi

I can assure you i was not one of those who 'slagged off' Targett.

Let's be honest though, if a reasonable offer had of come in for Bertrand instead, are you saying we we would not have taken the money in order to fund new players coming in?

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 13:39 - Nov 26 with 275 viewsButty101

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 13:11 - Nov 26 by TripleNiemi

I can assure you i was not one of those who 'slagged off' Targett.

Let's be honest though, if a reasonable offer had of come in for Bertrand instead, are you saying we we would not have taken the money in order to fund new players coming in?

His defending looked suspect - but he did put in a good cross

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 13:45 - Nov 26 with 272 viewsTripleNiemi

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 13:39 - Nov 26 by Butty101

His defending looked suspect - but he did put in a good cross

Going forward i thought he was decent, defending at times may not have been ideal but i would have been more than haply to keep him. The money was decent though and i think the club thought that with Bertrand and McQueen in the ranks it was almost silly not to take the money. Others might disagree, but i think it was a pretty good move for all parties.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 13:46]

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 14:46 - Nov 26 with 246 viewsRon11

I never said he was rubbish.
He was never given a chance.
Targett looking lively down the villa left on 15:42 - Nov 26 with 236 viewsTimSaint

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 21:59 - Nov 25 by dirk_doone

Targett had to move, otherwise it would only have been another loan move for him again this season. He was an adequate deputy for Bertrand, but I'm not sure he was ever going to be first choice whilst Bert was around. Villa offered double his value, so it made sense to sell.

Speaking of deputies, whatever happened to McQueen ? I seem to recall he was injured whilst on loan at Boro last season, but have not seen or heard anything of him since.

As for Mings, having been on loan at Villa last season and helping them get promotion, he was always going to go to them before anyone else. Additionally Villa again paid probably double his value and there was no way we would have paid anything like £26.5m for any player this summer.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 15:47]

TimSaint

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 16:55 - Nov 26 with 213 viewsButty101

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 13:45 - Nov 26 by TripleNiemi

Going forward i thought he was decent, defending at times may not have been ideal but i would have been more than haply to keep him. The money was decent though and i think the club thought that with Bertrand and McQueen in the ranks it was almost silly not to take the money. Others might disagree, but i think it was a pretty good move for all parties.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 13:46]

Why do we think the money was good, 16mill is not the going rate for a premiership player. Look at the dross we have bought for that money that cant get in our team. He has quickly established himself at Villa once fit

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 17:42 - Nov 26 with 191 viewsTripleNiemi

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 15:42 - Nov 26 by TimSaint

Targett had to move, otherwise it would only have been another loan move for him again this season. He was an adequate deputy for Bertrand, but I'm not sure he was ever going to be first choice whilst Bert was around. Villa offered double his value, so it made sense to sell.

Speaking of deputies, whatever happened to McQueen ? I seem to recall he was injured whilst on loan at Boro last season, but have not seen or heard anything of him since.

As for Mings, having been on loan at Villa last season and helping them get promotion, he was always going to go to them before anyone else. Additionally Villa again paid probably double his value and there was no way we would have paid anything like £26.5m for any player this summer.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 15:47]

Wouldn't touch Mings with a bargepole. Think his attitude is not great either. My mate is a Cherries fan and says he is a nasty bar steward and was glad he went.

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 18:01 - Nov 26 with 181 viewssaintwizzler

Targett looking lively down the villa left on 17:42 - Nov 26 by TripleNiemi

Wouldn't touch Mings with a bargepole. Think his attitude is not great either. My mate is a Cherries fan and says he is a nasty bar steward and was glad he went.

Just what we need a nasty bastàrd.
Too many wet farts in our side.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020