Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game, Set and Match to Boris 10:45 - Dec 1 with 1447 viewsBoris_

Boris got through the Andrew Marr interview unscathed. Luckily Marr was clearly having an off-day as he didn't allow Boris to answer a single question without interrupting almost immediately.

This was the one interview where he could have been held to account for not going on Andrew Neil but they have missed the opportunity. Nobody else is going to be challenging him on it so he's home and dry.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 10:46]

Poll: Claude Puel

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 11:12 - Dec 1 with 1123 viewsOccasional_Showers

I was thinking to myself just how rubbish todays interviewers are. It seems like their entire mission is to be argumentative and to catch politicians out when the very best interviews are those conducted with a cordial discussion.

Boris, as ever handled the situation with confidence and grace, as we have become accustomed to witnessing. I think his ability to perform so consistently well is a big factor in his popularity and is the reason why the Conservatives are polling so highly whilst Corbyn is failing to close the 10 point gap.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 11:13]

Poll: Greta Thunberg? Your view

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 11:22 - Dec 1 with 1112 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

I wonder who Andrew Marr will vote for? It is difficult to see what side he is on - NOT!!

I understand that Marr had to get through several facts and questioning the PM vigorously to get true answers - but what I experienced watching this morning Andrew Marr ( who up until today thought to be an excellent interviewer ) ............... being totally and extremely rude - asking a question, and not giving any time for Johnson to answer ....... before jumping in to cross-question ANY answer that was coming back.

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 11:56 - Dec 1 with 1074 viewsRipleys_revenge

Genuinely bemused as to how anyone can watch Johnson being interviewed and think he comes across well. The man defines evasion, avoidance and lack of credibility. His and other politicians' use of the London Bridge tragedy as a political football is pretty stomach churning.

To me he comes across as defensive and arrogant, and he seems to betray a total lack of understanding of any policy issues of any substance beyond which his advisers have briefed him on (likely a collection of 2 or 3 sentence phrases which they can be sure he will just about remember to say - hence the absolute waterfall of catchphrase sloganeering we have been force fed throughout this election).

I should add I am no fan of Corbyn either - thought that was important to mention given how tribal this forum is (which, to be fair, is a football forum anyway...)

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 12:03 - Dec 1 with 1065 viewskentsouthampton

His claim that the terrorist was released because Labour changed the law in 2008 doesn't hold up, it was changed under the Tory government in 2013.
Just for that lie alone he should never be allowed near power.
Game, Set and Match to Boris on 12:32 - Dec 1 with 1041 viewsgrumpy

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 11:56 - Dec 1 by Ripleys_revenge

Genuinely bemused as to how anyone can watch Johnson being interviewed and think he comes across well. The man defines evasion, avoidance and lack of credibility. His and other politicians' use of the London Bridge tragedy as a political football is pretty stomach churning.

To me he comes across as defensive and arrogant, and he seems to betray a total lack of understanding of any policy issues of any substance beyond which his advisers have briefed him on (likely a collection of 2 or 3 sentence phrases which they can be sure he will just about remember to say - hence the absolute waterfall of catchphrase sloganeering we have been force fed throughout this election).

I should add I am no fan of Corbyn either - thought that was important to mention given how tribal this forum is (which, to be fair, is a football forum anyway...)

Totally agree with this.
Johnson was burbling on trying to answer a simple question and Andrew Mar was trying to get a simple answer all he got was a lot of political rhetoric.
He now seems to be set to become our Prime Minister,heaven help us......
Game, Set and Match to Boris on 14:02 - Dec 1 with 997 viewsOccasional_Showers

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 12:32 - Dec 1 by grumpy

Totally agree with this.
Johnson was burbling on trying to answer a simple question and Andrew Mar was trying to get a simple answer all he got was a lot of political rhetoric.
He now seems to be set to become our Prime Minister,heaven help us......

Dont you think its time to stop crying just because you lost on brexit. We are leaving. For heavens sake get a grip man.

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 14:51 - Dec 1 with 964 viewssaint22

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 12:03 - Dec 1 by kentsouthampton

His claim that the terrorist was released because Labour changed the law in 2008 doesn't hold up, it was changed under the Tory government in 2013.
Just for that lie alone he should never be allowed near power.

He is a lying self serving entitled coont that unfortunately an awful lot of people in this nation seem fine with
Astonishing really but in a country that thinks we are better off being an isolated island hardly surprising
Game, Set and Match to Boris on 15:13 - Dec 1 with 946 viewsHeisenberg

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 14:51 - Dec 1 by saint22

He is a lying self serving entitled coont that unfortunately an awful lot of people in this nation seem fine with
Astonishing really but in a country that thinks we are better off being an isolated island hardly surprising

He's a fantasist that makes things up as he sees fit. I bet he is the sort that if he weren't PM he would fly around the world for an hours meeting despite the damage it does to the planet. As you say a lying coont.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Login to get fewer ads

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 15:23 - Dec 1 with 936 viewssaint22

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 15:13 - Dec 1 by Heisenberg

He's a fantasist that makes things up as he sees fit. I bet he is the sort that if he weren't PM he would fly around the world for an hours meeting despite the damage it does to the planet. As you say a lying coont.

Got your vote pal?
How’s Bicester doing?
Game, Set and Match to Boris on 15:38 - Dec 1 with 919 viewscocklebreath

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 14:02 - Dec 1 by Occasional_Showers

Dont you think its time to stop crying just because you lost on brexit. We are leaving. For heavens sake get a grip man.

Even a cooont like you must see what a dick boris is

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 15:52 - Dec 1 with 906 viewsBicester_North

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 15:23 - Dec 1 by saint22

Got your vote pal?
How’s Bicester doing?

Got any more fake photos to post for your next meltdown Benji?

Poll: How proud are you to see our ex players at Liverpool?

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 15:55 - Dec 1 with 901 viewskentsouthampton

Bozo now being blasted by counter terrorism experts for being weak on terrorism.
Game, Set and Match to Boris on 16:20 - Dec 1 with 876 viewsgrumpy

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 14:02 - Dec 1 by Occasional_Showers

So its all about winning or losing.
You're the one crying,'its not fair,we won,we won,you lost,you lost'Blah Blah'

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 06:49 - Dec 3 with 669 viewskentsouthampton

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 07:58 - Dec 3 with 629 viewssaint22

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 06:49 - Dec 3 by kentsouthampton

And don’t forget this little gem

The overhaul of the probation sector by Chris Grayling in 2014 is widely considered by inspectors, MPs, academics and probation workers to have been a disaster. Police forces, who would have been involved in Khan’s monitoring after release, also experienced a 20% funding cut.

Anyone Who has voted Tory is responsible for electing these idiots to office and the shambles that is brexit it .all lies at the feet of the democratic voters
Game, Set and Match to Boris on 08:52 - Dec 3 with 587 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 11:56 - Dec 1 by Ripleys_revenge

Agree. I'm not a massive fan of Boris Johnson, never have been. He is very clever and calculated in a way that suits HIS agenda and that bothers me.

However, it's saying something that I'd rather have him in charge than terrorist Corbyn and chums, undemocratic Swinson or f**king Farage etc.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 09:58 - Dec 3 with 563 viewsRon11

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 14:51 - Dec 1 by saint22

So you would, (not surprisingly I suppose) actually prefer Corbyn as Prime Minister??
Game, Set and Match to Boris on 11:31 - Dec 3 with 546 viewssaint22

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 09:58 - Dec 3 by Ron11

So you would, (not surprisingly I suppose) actually prefer Corbyn as Prime Minister??

No i wouldn't I don't think either are fit to lead anything let alone a country
however the groundswell of "boris is ok": is fundamentally astounding given his proven track record of lying and more
Game, Set and Match to Boris on 13:10 - Dec 3 with 521 viewsBicester_North

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 11:31 - Dec 3 by saint22

however the groundswell of "boris is ok": is fundamentally astounding given his proven track record of lying and more

You couldn’t make it up. The absolute queen of mongboard bullshitting calling someone else a liar. How’s the latest retirement?

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 13:22 - Dec 3 with 516 viewsBicester_North

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 07:58 - Dec 3 by saint22

And don’t forget this little gem

The overhaul of the probation sector by Chris Grayling in 2014 is widely considered by inspectors, MPs, academics and probation workers to have been a disaster. Police forces, who would have been involved in Khan’s monitoring after release, also experienced a 20% funding cut.

Anyone Who has voted Tory is responsible for electing these idiots to office and the shambles that is brexit it .all lies at the feet of the democratic voters

Why are you trying to be a voice of authority about anything whatsoever? You are an absolute laughable shambles, sending in photos of someone else’s passport to this board!

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 14:02 - Dec 3 with 499 viewsBoris_

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 11:31 - Dec 3 by saint22

Benjamin, I am not a liar.

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 14:11 - Dec 3 with 491 viewssaint22

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 13:22 - Dec 3 by Bicester_North

Why are you trying to be a voice of authority about anything whatsoever? You are an absolute laughable shambles, sending in photos of someone else’s passport to this board!

your posts just emphasise how little you know
Game, Set and Match to Boris on 18:22 - Dec 3 with 444 viewsOccasional_Showers

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 14:11 - Dec 3 by saint22

your posts just emphasise how little you know

Why on earth would you send photos of your passport to Nick?

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 23:14 - Dec 3 with 392 viewskentsouthampton

Game, Set and Match to Boris on 21:34 - Dec 6 with 275 viewsBoris_

Great work Boris. Calm and considered throughout, neutralised the debate in to a bore draw.

No more debates now. Nice big Tory majority and out we go.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020