Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints V Watford The Verdict 15:05 - Dec 1 with 1076 viewsSaintsNews

Saints V Watford The Verdict 1st Dec 2019 15:01
It was the late late show from Saints as they once again handed the opposition the lead with a defensive error, but this time they came back and won with a final flourish. 18

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 20:11 - Dec 1 with 783 viewsthis_charming_man

To be blunt it was two awful teams and we won by virtue of playing okay for about 20 minutes. Defensively all over the place again and Watford should have scored a second when they broke and cocked up allowing us to get back and clear. We almost managed to throw it away right at the end a bit fortunate gray missed

Hopefully it kicks starts out season now but for 70 minutes of that game we were abysmal, Cedric in particular was an absolute disgrace. I single him out for criticism because it’s at times like this you need your experienced players to step up and he was dreadful

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: What would you do with a big bid for Hojbjerg?

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 21:17 - Dec 1 with 755 viewsSaintNick

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 20:11 - Dec 1 by this_charming_man

To be blunt it was two awful teams and we won by virtue of playing okay for about 20 minutes. Defensively all over the place again and Watford should have scored a second when they broke and cocked up allowing us to get back and clear. We almost managed to throw it away right at the end a bit fortunate gray missed

Hopefully it kicks starts out season now but for 70 minutes of that game we were abysmal, Cedric in particular was an absolute disgrace. I single him out for criticism because it’s at times like this you need your experienced players to step up and he was dreadful

We couldnt just become great last night after months of mediocrity, we had to win and win ugly

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 21:42 - Dec 1 with 738 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 21:17 - Dec 1 by SaintNick

We couldnt just become great last night after months of mediocrity, we had to win and win ugly

A win is a win, hopefully it’ll kick start the season.

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 21:42 - Dec 1 with 738 viewscocklebreath

What got me was the lack of urgency, the lack of movement from our throw ins was shocking .

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 21:52 - Dec 1 with 724 viewsthis_charming_man

I was surprised to see that a club like Watford, who I’ve always considered a smallish club signed Saar for £31m in the summer and have spent £90m more than they’ve brought in from sales in the last 5 years whilst we had to sell to fund signings. Those pesky agents fees

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 22:18 - Dec 1 with 698 viewsBicester_North

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 21:42 - Dec 1 by cocklebreath

What got me was the lack of urgency, the lack of movement from our throw ins was shocking .

Half the time that’s what makes the defence look even worse by passing it around at the back, as the tw@ts in midfield aren’t offering any movement and making themselves available. Hojbjerg was utter dogshit in the first half.

Poll: How proud are you to see our ex players at Liverpool?

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 22:26 - Dec 1 with 694 viewsSaintNick

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 21:52 - Dec 1 by this_charming_man

I was surprised to see that a club like Watford, who I’ve always considered a smallish club signed Saar for £31m in the summer and have spent £90m more than they’ve brought in from sales in the last 5 years whilst we had to sell to fund signings. Those pesky agents fees

Perhaps Elton is donating a few bob in royalties

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 22:32 - Dec 1 with 686 viewsSaintNick

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 21:52 - Dec 1 by this_charming_man

Sarr was reported as being £25 million, not quite sure what site you have been reading as aside from the first season they got promoted back in 2016 when they spent big they havent really spent more than they took in

Login to get fewer ads

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 22:43 - Dec 1 with 672 viewsericofarabia

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 21:42 - Dec 1 by cocklebreath

One of my pet hates .... I reckon we lose possession from about 80% of our throw ins .... and are shocking at marking the opposition for their throw ins. Basics FFS.
Saints V Watford The Verdict on 22:45 - Dec 1 with 668 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 22:32 - Dec 1 by SaintNick

Sarr was reported as being £25 million, not quite sure what site you have been reading as aside from the first season they got promoted back in 2016 when they spent big they havent really spent more than they took in

Oh yes they have!

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/watford/english-football-teams/watford-transfer

A net of £95m

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-leagu

And Sarr was reported at c£30m, £40m in some sources!

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/17825048.watford-announced-signing-ismai

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11686/11780532/ismaila-sarr-boosts-watfo

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 22:49 - Dec 1 with 662 viewsSaintNick

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 22:45 - Dec 1 by this_charming_man

Oh yes they have!

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/watford/english-football-teams/watford-transfer

A net of £95m

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-leagu

And Sarr was reported at c£30m, £40m in some sources!

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/17825048.watford-announced-signing-ismai

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11686/11780532/ismaila-sarr-boosts-watfo

So many transfers are undisclosed these days, Sarr is reported as being anywhere between £25 to £35 million

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 22:52 - Dec 1 with 654 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 22:49 - Dec 1 by SaintNick

So many transfers are undisclosed these days, Sarr is reported as being anywhere between £25 to £35 million

£25-£40m actually. So realistically £30m is probably about right

£90m more than they’ve made though in the same time we’ve got
To sell to buy.......

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 22:56 - Dec 1 with 651 viewsSaintNick

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 22:52 - Dec 1 by this_charming_man

£25-£40m actually. So realistically £30m is probably about right

£90m more than they’ve made though in the same time we’ve got
To sell to buy.......

In fairness a lot of that is in 2016 when they splashed out on promotion

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 23:02 - Dec 1 with 645 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 22:56 - Dec 1 by SaintNick

In fairness a lot of that is in 2016 when they splashed out on promotion

They got promoted in 2015, spent £90m more than they’ve sold in that time. Watford, f*cking Watford

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 08:53 - Dec 2 with 556 viewsButty101

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 23:02 - Dec 1 by this_charming_man

They got promoted in 2015, spent £90m more than they’ve sold in that time. Watford, f*cking Watford

They are lucky that they dont need to pay agent fees and Bonuses.

Poll: First League Win of the Season

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 09:25 - Dec 2 with 544 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 08:53 - Dec 2 by Butty101

They are lucky that they dont need to pay agent fees and Bonuses.

No one has ever been able to explain why we have to sell players to buy them, the only club that has to do this. It's incredible, our wage bill is high but 10th out of premier league clubs but lower than Crystal Palace £56m net spend) Leicester (£112m Net spend) and only slightly more than Bournemouth (£133m net spend) West Ham (£155m net spend) and Newcastle (£107m). Agents fess, bonuses and NI contributions are a load of bo1locks as everyone else has to pay them.

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 12:32 - Dec 2 with 496 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 09:25 - Dec 2 by this_charming_man

No one has ever been able to explain why we have to sell players to buy them, the only club that has to do this. It's incredible, our wage bill is high but 10th out of premier league clubs but lower than Crystal Palace £56m net spend) Leicester (£112m Net spend) and only slightly more than Bournemouth (£133m net spend) West Ham (£155m net spend) and Newcastle (£107m). Agents fess, bonuses and NI contributions are a load of bo1locks as everyone else has to pay them.

Gao must be taking the money? What other answer could there be when we are the only club in the whole league who has to sell to buy.

Poll: Who will you vote for?

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 12:41 - Dec 2 with 490 viewssaint22

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 22:43 - Dec 1 by ericofarabia

One of my pet hates .... I reckon we lose possession from about 80% of our throw ins .... and are shocking at marking the opposition for their throw ins. Basics FFS.

this
plus we take sooooooo long with throw ins, we never take a quick one and catch the oppo out
and our corners are sh1te
Saints V Watford The Verdict on 14:05 - Dec 2 with 452 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 12:32 - Dec 2 by Saintsforeverj

Gao must be taking the money? What other answer could there be when we are the only club in the whole league who has to sell to buy.

No idea what the answer is. But we have turnover very similar to Leicester and Crystal Palace, a wage bill almost identical, yet they're able to spend tens of millions on players and we have to sell to buy.

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 14:27 - Dec 2 with 435 viewsSonicBoom

I'd still say that we have spent enough to have a decent team. For some reason very few if any of our signings in the last few years have worked out. That is more the issue.
In terms of being a success I can only really think of Ings (and maybe Djenepo) and that was touch and go for a while.
Other than him I can't think of one signing that has played to the standard we expected.
Saints V Watford The Verdict on 14:41 - Dec 2 with 427 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 14:27 - Dec 2 by SonicBoom

I'd still say that we have spent enough to have a decent team. For some reason very few if any of our signings in the last few years have worked out. That is more the issue.
In terms of being a success I can only really think of Ings (and maybe Djenepo) and that was touch and go for a while.
Other than him I can't think of one signing that has played to the standard we expected.

We have spent a lot, not disputing that, the point is why is it that we have similar income and wage bills to many clubs, yet we have to fund our signings by sales. Not one single person has been able to give a credible answer, it's been put down to agents fees and bonuses by some but that is utter bo1locks as every club has to pay them.

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 14:49 - Dec 2 with 415 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 14:27 - Dec 2 by SonicBoom

The point is, we could have spent 30 million on a good defender and still would have spent less than any other team in the league. We desperately needed an experienced defender and they decided to save the money instead.

Poll: Who will you vote for?

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 15:24 - Dec 2 with 401 viewsSonicBoom

Yeah all valid points.

Our track record of spending is terrible though. The more we spend on a player the worse they seem to be. It seemed to start when we bought Ramirez and Osvaldo and has got worse ever since.

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 16:11 - Dec 2 with 383 viewscocklebreath

Nicks like a politician, answer the question 😬

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 16:15 - Dec 2 with 377 viewsBicester_North

Saints V Watford The Verdict on 15:24 - Dec 2 by SonicBoom

Yeah all valid points.

Our track record of spending is terrible though. The more we spend on a player the worse they seem to be. It seemed to start when we bought Ramirez and Osvaldo and has got worse ever since.

Since those 2 we’ve bought quite a few good players for quite big money for Saints. It’s the last 4 or 5 windows that have been a car crash, bar Ings .

Poll: How proud are you to see our ex players at Liverpool?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020