Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obafemi 10:19 - Dec 3 with 378 viewsRon11

Looked out of his depth against Watford, and then looked annoyed when he was subbed. Why he looked annoyed I don't know. He's nowhere near as good as he appears to think he is.
Why is Che Adams not being given a chance, is he injured or what? The bloke is a proven goal scorer and the only way he's going to get back into that form is on the pitch.
And why is Danso also not being played at centre back?
Watching Stephens pass the ball to Sarr for his goal - nothing could be worse than that.I'm sure Yoshida would at least have made an attempt to get the ball back, but Stephens just ran idly alongside Sarr making no attempt to do anything. Pathetic defending.
We're lucky Danny Ings remains injury free.
I like Ralph, but I still find some of his team selections bizarre. Another example is Cedric. It's obvious from his body language on the pitch he thinks we are beneath him and as such he doesn't give a shit, whereas Valery is straining to get out there and play. Why start Cedric? he contributes nothing.

Obafemi on 10:32 - Dec 3 with 362 viewsI_would

Yes why is Che Adams not playing?
Why is Stephens playing?
Why is PEH playing?
Why is Prowse playing?
Why is Long playing?
Why is Redmond playing?

I don't know, could be the manager's c**p.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Obafemi on 11:02 - Dec 3 with 337 views1teeminants

I agree Obafemi didn’t do much against Watford (not many did ) but I thought he played well away at Arsenal getting involved and linking up quite well. The jury is still out for me on him.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Obafemi on 11:17 - Dec 3 with 324 viewsSonicBoom

I certainly don't see what Obafemi has done to be in front of Adams.

When Adams came in I didn't think he played badly and could have scored a few goals but for good saves and the posts.
He certainly looked more of a rounded player, as he would with a full season in the championship behind him. Obafemi has yet to show that he is anything more than a sprinter.
Obafemi on 11:33 - Dec 3 with 312 viewssaint22

Obafemi on 11:17 - Dec 3 by SonicBoom

I certainly don't see what Obafemi has done to be in front of Adams.

When Adams came in I didn't think he played badly and could have scored a few goals but for good saves and the posts.
He certainly looked more of a rounded player, as he would with a full season in the championship behind him. Obafemi has yet to show that he is anything more than a sprinter.

agreed
i dont think obafemi has what it takes at PL level yet and he certainly isn't what we need right now
its not a time to try players out

Obafemi on 11:38 - Dec 3 with 308 viewsWinchesterExile

Obafemi looked out of his depth in the under 23s FFS. He runs about a lot.
Obafemi on 11:43 - Dec 3 with 303 viewsI_would

Obafemi on 11:38 - Dec 3 by WinchesterExile

Obafemi looked out of his depth in the under 23s FFS. He runs about a lot.

It's possible Ralph's talents lie in athletics as he seems obsessed with runners. Never mind attacking qualities or guile as long as they keep running.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Obafemi on 12:53 - Dec 3 with 250 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I have a feeling (nothing to back this up) that Adams' confidence is shot to pieces and they're keeping him away from matches for a bit to let him settle.

Only thing I can think of as he's considerably better than Obafemi.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Obafemi on 13:33 - Dec 3 with 224 viewsbenalisbroom

Obafemi on 11:43 - Dec 3 by I_would

It's possible Ralph's talents lie in athletics as he seems obsessed with runners. Never mind attacking qualities or guile as long as they keep running.

Yes, IW, I agree - at the front at least. But the weird thing is that this doesn't extend to the back. The Times said something along the lines of 'Southampton's high press is dangerous because their defenders can't cope with counter-attacks'; RH himself admitted
as much before the Arsenal game and quite frankly anyone who even pops into the odd game can see it.

Yet sign a well rated, quick centre-half from the Bundeslige and he doesn't get a single minute to show what he can (or cannot) do. I don't care how good your coaching is, you simply cannot know how good he will or won't be from the training ground alone. And our win rate is only two thirds of par when Stephens plays. It reminds me of when Caceres was signed and then not used. It's as if someone on the coaching staff has some sort of stat up their sleeve about CB's which bypasses common sense. It's hardly as if the defence could be any worse and let's remember, we are 2nd bottom of the league and just lost 9-0.

I just cannot see what RH has got to lose by trying Danso at CB in a back four - even for 45 minutes. Is anybody ITK as to the true reasons for his absence from the team?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020