Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lots Of Excitement For Tonight 14:50 - Dec 4 with 1307 viewsSaintNick

Not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 14:58 - Dec 4 with 1106 viewsthis_charming_man

Enthusiasm has been damped by our failure to scoop the presigious high street concourse of the year award at the stadium design and development awards. But we should be proud of the fact were shortlisted a finalist and this is evidence that there is more to being a successful football club that just what happens on the pitch.

https://www.stadiumdesignsummit.com/public_downloads/TDA19-WinnersBrochure.pdf

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: who is the worst owner in the Premier league

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 16:07 - Dec 4 with 1032 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 14:58 - Dec 4 by this_charming_man

Enthusiasm has been damped by our failure to scoop the presigious high street concourse of the year award at the stadium design and development awards. But we should be proud of the fact were shortlisted a finalist and this is evidence that there is more to being a successful football club that just what happens on the pitch.

The Soton Stadium is a masterclass of the early 21st century bowl design. it's right up there with Middlesbrough and Leicester.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 16:13 - Dec 4 with 1027 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 14:58 - Dec 4 by this_charming_man

Looking at the Spurs winner though ... I never realised their stadium was like that. It's a completely different world and you can see exactly what sort of fans they want to attract ... tourists.

Locally born fans who drink / eat in the city centre are obviously not wanted.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 18:18 - Dec 4 with 904 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Excitement no - but apprehension yes ..... of not knowing what sort of team will be put on the pitch to play for us - will they possess passion/desire and fight to grab all 3 points - will our defense again be generous and gifts goals - or will they cover each other and have a clean sheet at the end of the game? Let's get behind the lads - and head for 3 points!
COYR.

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 18:31 - Dec 4 with 877 viewskernow

Hmmmm.
Instead of turning to at some point in the second half it would be good to sèe them put in a full shift for a change.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 18:32]
Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 07:26 - Dec 5 with 749 viewsNumber_58

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 16:07 - Dec 4 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The Soton Stadium is a masterclass of the early 21st century bowl design. it's right up there with Middlesbrough and Leicester.

Talking of stadiums, I see there's talk again of you lot finally quitting the dump and moving out of Pompey. Seems a shame after you spent all that money on your championship standard floodlights and repairing the leaky roof in the away end toilets. Where will you go, somewhere just outside Portsmouth?Surrey maybe?
Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 09:48 - Dec 5 with 644 viewsMarcus_y

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 07:26 - Dec 5 by Number_58

Talking of stadiums, I see there's talk again of you lot finally quitting the dump and moving out of Pompey. Seems a shame after you spent all that money on your championship standard floodlights and repairing the leaky roof in the away end toilets. Where will you go, somewhere just outside Portsmouth?Surrey maybe?

Somewhere within the greater urban Portsmouth connobation, not to be confused with the PO code greater lesser Portsmouth catchment area.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 09:50 - Dec 5 with 640 viewsBoris_

No more than 23,000 there tonight. Haven't seen a crowd that small in the league for quite a few years.

Poll: Claude Puel

Login to get fewer ads

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 11:41 - Dec 5 with 575 viewsdarthvader

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 09:50 - Dec 5 by Boris_

No more than 23,000 there tonight. Haven't seen a crowd that small in the league for quite a few years.

27000+? A few empty seats. There was trouble getting in at one or two of the turnstiles I managed to get in 3mins in. But some people were stuck outside for 20 mins

keep the faith coyr

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 14:08 - Dec 5 with 537 viewsNumber_58

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 11:41 - Dec 5 by darthvader

27000+? A few empty seats. There was trouble getting in at one or two of the turnstiles I managed to get in 3mins in. But some people were stuck outside for 20 mins

Last night was the best atmosphere at SM in a while. I think the stayaways must absorb all the noise. Not so many leaving early either. I'd much rather have 24,000 who give a toss.
Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 20:34 - Dec 5 with 456 viewsTripleNiemi

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 14:08 - Dec 5 by Number_58

Last night was the best atmosphere at SM in a while. I think the stayaways must absorb all the noise. Not so many leaving early either. I'd much rather have 24,000 who give a toss.

I still remain puzzled tho how at 2-1 with 5 minutes to go some were leaving the ground. FFS, if we were losing 1-3 say i could almost understand it, but 2-1 when we were under the cosh? Bonkers!

Gao loves the passion...…….

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 11:03 - Dec 6 with 332 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 14:08 - Dec 5 by Number_58

Is that the first time you’ve ever been above 55dbA. Serious question.

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 11:08 - Dec 6 with 329 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 07:26 - Dec 5 by Number_58

The club will almost certainly remain at Fratton Park. The thing is, there is so much history and pedigree, why wouldn't they want to remain there?

Fans from all round the country have been seen taking photos of the historic tudor frontage at the south stand for years, of which that stand is one of the remaining Archibald Leitch stands remaining on the country.

I can't imagine visiting fans taking pictures outside St Mary's, unless of course they are thinking that the Titanic moored nearby

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 11:10 - Dec 6 with 328 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 09:50 - Dec 5 by Boris_

Your crowds have been hitting 25/26k for a long time, and Freedom of Information requests prove it.

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 11:19 - Dec 6 with 323 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 09:48 - Dec 5 by Marcus_y

Somewhere within the greater urban Portsmouth connobation, not to be confused with the PO code greater lesser Portsmouth catchment area.

Actually it's the Portsmouth Urban Area which together with the Soton equivalent make up the South Hampshire Built Up Area of which the Portsmouth Urban area is the greater part. The South Hampshire Built up Area makes up the Portsmouth-Southampton Metropolitan Area, also called the EPSON Portsmouth-Southampton Metropolitan Area which is the 8th largest in the country.

Portsmouth making Soton famous once again.

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 11:50 - Dec 6 with 308 viewsNumber_58

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 11:08 - Dec 6 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The club will almost certainly remain at Fratton Park. The thing is, there is so much history and pedigree, why wouldn't they want to remain there?

Fans from all round the country have been seen taking photos of the historic tudor frontage at the south stand for years, of which that stand is one of the remaining Archibald Leitch stands remaining on the country.

I can't imagine visiting fans taking pictures outside St Mary's, unless of course they are thinking that the Titanic moored nearby

Boll*cks as usual I'm afraid. You're still playing in that dump purely because when other clubs were spending money on improving their grounds you spunked all yours away on a team you couldn't afford. You won the cup - well done, but the price you paid was three relegations and a ground barely different from the previous time you won the cup. And yes, the Archibald Leitch stand is a piece of football history, but then so were his stands at Roker, White Hart Lane, St James's Park, Anfield, Tynecastle, etc, etc, even The Dell, but all of those clubs decided to move on and invested heavily in their facilities. Even Everton, whose ground was arguably influenced by Leitch more than any other, have decided they can't stay there any longer. Of the Leitch stands that remain I'm pretty sure Fulham would tear down theirs if they were permitted to. And it's mock Tudor. Surely not even you are stupid enough to believe that Henry VIII was a Pompey season ticket holder? Then again...
Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 12:10 - Dec 6 with 303 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 11:50 - Dec 6 by Number_58

Boll*cks as usual I'm afraid. You're still playing in that dump purely because when other clubs were spending money on improving their grounds you spunked all yours away on a team you couldn't afford. You won the cup - well done, but the price you paid was three relegations and a ground barely different from the previous time you won the cup. And yes, the Archibald Leitch stand is a piece of football history, but then so were his stands at Roker, White Hart Lane, St James's Park, Anfield, Tynecastle, etc, etc, even The Dell, but all of those clubs decided to move on and invested heavily in their facilities. Even Everton, whose ground was arguably influenced by Leitch more than any other, have decided they can't stay there any longer. Of the Leitch stands that remain I'm pretty sure Fulham would tear down theirs if they were permitted to. And it's mock Tudor. Surely not even you are stupid enough to believe that Henry VIII was a Pompey season ticket holder? Then again...

You keep repeating the same bollox yourself, it wasn't fans who spent the money, it was the owner, and the money he spent had nothing to do with the club folding, that was to do with the French Government seizing assets.

Henry the 8th was our first centre forward, I thought everyone knew that.

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 12:17 - Dec 6 with 298 viewsIngskneeslide

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 11:19 - Dec 6 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Actually it's the Portsmouth Urban Area which together with the Soton equivalent make up the South Hampshire Built Up Area of which the Portsmouth Urban area is the greater part. The South Hampshire Built up Area makes up the Portsmouth-Southampton Metropolitan Area, also called the EPSON Portsmouth-Southampton Metropolitan Area which is the 8th largest in the country.

Portsmouth making Soton famous once again.

FFFRRRREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAKKKK!!!!
Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 12:22 - Dec 6 with 297 viewsNumber_58

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 12:10 - Dec 6 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

You keep repeating the same bollox yourself, it wasn't fans who spent the money, it was the owner, and the money he spent had nothing to do with the club folding, that was to do with the French Government seizing assets.

Henry the 8th was our first centre forward, I thought everyone knew that.

Ah, so it's the French to blame for your leaky toilet roof. Maybe that's why Henry VIII disliked them so much.
Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 12:22 - Dec 6 with 297 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 12:17 - Dec 6 by Ingskneeslide

FFFRRRREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAKKKK!!!!

It's true though isn't it, Pompey put your club on the map with the South Coast derby, the D-Day landings, the provincial county with 5 major trophies etc

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 12:32 - Dec 6 with 293 viewsIngskneeslide

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 12:22 - Dec 6 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

It's true though isn't it, Pompey put your club on the map with the South Coast derby, the D-Day landings, the provincial county with 5 major trophies etc

Absolutely not, but this is obviously all incredibly important to you so you go for it pal. In many ways you are the ultimate example of a Pompey fan: deluded, self-mythologising, narrow-minded, arrogant (but in a very misplaced way), dull, sexually deviant. You do know that when other fans call you lot 'special' they don't mean it in the way you're thinking of?
Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 12:37 - Dec 6 with 289 viewsNumber_58

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 12:22 - Dec 6 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

What the hell have you been smoking this morning?
Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 13:09 - Dec 6 with 280 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 12:32 - Dec 6 by Ingskneeslide

Absolutely not, but this is obviously all incredibly important to you so you go for it pal. In many ways you are the ultimate example of a Pompey fan: deluded, self-mythologising, narrow-minded, arrogant (but in a very misplaced way), dull, sexually deviant. You do know that when other fans call you lot 'special' they don't mean it in the way you're thinking of?

Carrying on

The Solent outs you on the map with Pompey and the IOW.

The list of great footballers from Hampshire puts you on the map with Portsmouth and Winchester. At least 1 from Soton.

To be fair, the Titanic outs you on the map, but obviously the last British Port was Cobh

The Spitfire would put you on the map, but the factory was moved to the midlands.

I would say the Boatshow puts you on the map. That is something that has got nothing to with any other town.

How can dull be sexually deiant. You’re not making sense Les.

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 13:25 - Dec 6 with 272 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 12:37 - Dec 6 by Number_58

What the hell have you been smoking this morning?

"Ah, so it's the French to blame for your leaky toilet roof. Maybe that's why Henry VIII disliked them so much."

Much the same as everyone else it seems

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 13:53 - Dec 6 with 259 viewsIngskneeslide

Lots Of Excitement For Tonight on 13:09 - Dec 6 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Carrying on

The Solent outs you on the map with Pompey and the IOW.

The list of great footballers from Hampshire puts you on the map with Portsmouth and Winchester. At least 1 from Soton.

To be fair, the Titanic outs you on the map, but obviously the last British Port was Cobh

The Spitfire would put you on the map, but the factory was moved to the midlands.

I would say the Boatshow puts you on the map. That is something that has got nothing to with any other town.

How can dull be sexually deiant. You’re not making sense Les.

Jesus, you're even more barking than usual today. I'll leave you to embarass yourself... again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020