Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Massive 16:59 - Dec 21 with 1191 viewssaint22

That’s huge today
Well done the lads
Thank god for Ings
Couple of new CBs January 1 and we could get outta this

Massive on 17:01 - Dec 21 with 1172 viewsTripleNiemi

That's huge today - agreed, massive result
Well done the lads - yep top effort today and keeps us in with a shout of survival
Thank god for Ings - agreed, would be down already otherwise
Couple of new CB's January - ain't gonna happen

Gao loves the passion...…….

Massive on 17:13 - Dec 21 with 1104 viewsdirk_doone

Very good performance and with better finishing from Long & Højbjerg (unlikely, I know) we could have scored 5 or 6. That's 13 goals before Christmas for Ings. He's on course for 20+.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 17:19]

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Massive on 17:22 - Dec 21 with 1043 views1885_SFC

Massive on 17:13 - Dec 21 by dirk_doone

Very good performance and with better finishing from Long & Højbjerg (unlikely, I know) we could have scored 5 or 6. That's 13 goals before Christmas for Ings. He's on course for 20+.

It's vital he stays fit over the Winter months - that's for sure. I thought that after last season's injury-plagued record, he would be absent again for a lot of this season - but credit where it's due (and with fingers crossed), Ings has stayed fit & is repaying that £20m fee in fine style.

Love life. Love music.

Massive on 17:25 - Dec 21 with 1035 viewskingslandstand1

Just the simple matter of getting 2 away wins on the trot now - easy, Chelsea haven't been doing so well lately have they
Massive on 17:26 - Dec 21 with 1032 viewsTripleNiemi

Massive on 17:22 - Dec 21 by 1885_SFC

It's vital he stays fit over the Winter months - that's for sure. I thought that after last season's injury-plagued record, he would be absent again for a lot of this season - but credit where it's due (and with fingers crossed), Ings has stayed fit & is repaying that £20m fee in fine style.

He could have slotted into any of our 90's teams as it means so much to him to keep Saints up. Without him i dread to think where we might be to date

Gao loves the passion...…….

Massive on 17:26 - Dec 21 with 1028 viewsRipleys_revenge

Fantastic win today, excellent contributions from all over the pitch. Thought Bertrand was very good, as was Armstrong - with him in the midfield, things look a lot more coherent. Stephens also excellent. And as for Ings, he has got better and better this season, totally surprised me how sharp he looks now. It's not just his goals, his all round play is superb. He drops deep, links up play, movement in the box is top class, defends from the front, finishes brilliantly, does it all! Top bloody man!!
Massive on 17:30 - Dec 21 with 1005 viewsdirk_doone

Massive on 17:22 - Dec 21 by 1885_SFC

Danny Ings in his post match interview summed up how much it means to him scoring for the team he's supported all of his life: "Playing in front of my home town fans means the world to me." And the support Saints fans gave the team today was excellent.

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Massive on 17:31 - Dec 21 with 1000 viewsPatfromPoole

Shane was superb as well. Won countless headers and a constant menace. I really think he has helped Ings massively. Much quicker than he should be, given his age.

Big win. Need to kick on now and go on a good run to properly pull away from the bottom 3.
Login to get fewer ads

Massive (n/t) on 17:36 - Dec 21 with 977 viewsDellHero

Massive on 17:30 - Dec 21 by dirk_doone

Danny Ings in his post match interview summed up how much it means to him scoring for the team he's supported all of his life: "Playing in front of my home town fans means the world to me." And the support Saints fans gave the team today was excellent.

[Post edited 24 Feb 22:50]
Massive on 17:44 - Dec 21 with 961 viewsdirk_doone

Massive (n/t) on 17:36 - Dec 21 by DellHero

[Post edited 24 Feb 22:50]

He was with us as a schoolboy and we released him. He might well have spent his whole career here otherwise..Playing for his local club clearly means a hell of a lot to him and it's inspiring him to arguably the best form of his entire career.

Bertrand and Stephens also gave everything today and hit their best form so far this season.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 17:52]

Massive on 17:51 - Dec 21 with 928 viewsstmichael

We paid 20 million for Danny Ings to do what he’s doing.
No need to thank God or consider ourselves lucky.
We spent big on a goal scorer and he’s scoring goals.
That’s great now let’s sign some defenders and start defending and we'll be fine...
Massive on 17:54 - Dec 21 with 920 viewsIngskneeslide

Massive on 17:44 - Dec 21 by dirk_doone

He was with us as a schoolboy and we released him. He might well have spent his whole career here otherwise..Playing for his local club clearly means a hell of a lot to him and it's inspiring him to arguably the best form of his entire career.

Bertrand and Stephens also gave everything today and hit their best form so far this season.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 17:52]

He’s not as good as Daryl Powell or Kevin Pressman though
Massive on 18:16 - Dec 21 with 858 viewskingslandstand1

Massive on 17:26 - Dec 21 by Ripleys_revenge

Fantastic win today, excellent contributions from all over the pitch. Thought Bertrand was very good, as was Armstrong - with him in the midfield, things look a lot more coherent. Stephens also excellent. And as for Ings, he has got better and better this season, totally surprised me how sharp he looks now. It's not just his goals, his all round play is superb. He drops deep, links up play, movement in the box is top class, defends from the front, finishes brilliantly, does it all! Top bloody man!!

I was with a couple of Celtic fans this week and they are gobsmacked Armstrong doesn't get more game time or even start more regularly and would jump at having him back
Massive on 18:18 - Dec 21 with 849 viewssaint22

Romeu for PEH I would still say
Massive on 18:28 - Dec 21 with 813 viewsAndrewW_London

Massive on 17:13 - Dec 21 by dirk_doone

Yes, it was a great performance from Saints. It was slightly nervy after they pulled one back but they didn't seriously threaten after that and, for once, we didn't throw away a lead! We actually should have scored more goals and made it a lot more comfortable.

However, the key thing is three hugely precious points and we're out of the dreaded relegation zone for Christmas. A long way to go, of course, but we now have some hope of avoiding the drop. I'll be at the Chelsea game and, given the way we play better away from home and the fact that Chelsea have lost a couple of recent home games, you never know what we might pick up there. COYS!!

Twickenham Saint

Massive on 19:50 - Dec 21 with 703 viewsHappy_Jack

Ings has been exceptional this season. I just wish Adams is given more game time I still think once he's off the mark he'll bang in a few goals for us

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Did you clap for the NHS tonight?

Massive on 20:46 - Dec 21 with 637 viewsKennington

Was out and about so couldn’t watch, but what a brilliant result. Out of the bottom three for Christmas!

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Massive on 23:28 - Dec 21 with 521 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints were excellent today. Was at the game and the team was great. Villa were terrible but a vital three points. Fans were great and brilliant moment at the end with Ralph singing last Christmas song. Just when things look rubbish again, we are reminded why Ralph will probably come good.

Poll: Who will you vote for?

Massive on 23:52 - Dec 21 with 491 viewsA1079

Not only a good performance today throughout the team (accepting Villa were pretty poor for the most part) but so much is so much better when we are away from home at the moment. I said it after the Arsenal game - it is as if, getting away from St Mary's removes the shackles of fear in the team and the manager and the fans feed off them and them off us.

I stopped enjoying going to St Marys along time ago and yet, away from home, there is a different comaraderie with the fans, the players, the manager and they all seem to up their game.

I don't really know what the problem is at home. People can say it is the fans and the home support and no doubt that is part of it, but equally, how can the team put in a performance like they did against West Ham - that wasn't the fans fault but then today, look up for it again?

But, I will enjoy the moment. There were so many good performances today and if we can get some points from Chelsea or Crystal Palace over the Christmas period, we are at least in touch.

Massive on 00:28 - Dec 22 with 462 viewsericofarabia

Ings and Long put in a shift and a half each, putting so much pressure on from the front.

Say what you will about Long's finishing prowess, but he gives it everything, and really seems to have taken the club to his heart. Whenever you see pics with his family his kids are always wearing Saints shirts, and he is always the first to come over and give somebody his shirt at away games. Plus he is the only peson to win any headers from the ineviable punt up field when our attacks somehow end up with a pass back to McCarthy!

Great support in the away section, and just noticed that Leicester has sold out .... thanks Ticket Office for keeping us advised that sales were going well and not many tickets left ... so that some of us could have got our thumbs out of our ar$es and buy one
Massive on 08:37 - Dec 22 with 318 viewssaint22

Massive on 00:28 - Dec 22 by ericofarabia

Ings and Long put in a shift and a half each, putting so much pressure on from the front.

Say what you will about Long's finishing prowess, but he gives it everything, and really seems to have taken the club to his heart. Whenever you see pics with his family his kids are always wearing Saints shirts, and he is always the first to come over and give somebody his shirt at away games. Plus he is the only peson to win any headers from the ineviable punt up field when our attacks somehow end up with a pass back to McCarthy!

Great support in the away section, and just noticed that Leicester has sold out .... thanks Ticket Office for keeping us advised that sales were going well and not many tickets left ... so that some of us could have got our thumbs out of our ar$es and buy one

Totally agree about Long, how he headed that one over from on the line I will ever know but he gives so much for the team, he and Ings defending from the front is so important
Even Danny acknowledged Long working his socks off
We need players who are committed 100%
Massive on 09:28 - Dec 22 with 283 viewsMrangry25

Totally agree with you on this one, just replace Hoeberg with Romeu and kick on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020