Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool/VAR 17:31 - Dec 29 with 4300 viewsBicester_North

Anyone see the 2 decisions that have gone Liverpool’s way today? Both harsh on Wolves. The pieces of shit have had these go their way all season it seems. Can’t be disputed they’ve been the best team in the league but the decisions they’ve been getting take the piss.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Liverpool/VAR on 17:34 - Dec 29 with 1914 viewsthis_charming_man

Yep, it’s ridiculous ruling goals out for a matter of millimetres, I know we got one our way yesterday but that’s four goals this weekend alone disallowed due to tiniest of margins.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Liverpool/VAR on 17:43 - Dec 29 with 1896 viewsRonManager

I liked Souness's suggestion at half time. If any part of the attackers body is onside then there is no offside.

I can remember when the internet was all fields

Liverpool/VAR on 17:46 - Dec 29 with 1887 viewskingslandstand1

I (reluctantly) think the handball against Nivea boy was probably the right one although I initially though it should have been a handball agaist Van Dick in th elead up, but the offside was absolutely ridiculous
They really do need to look at this for next season. As Souness said, it's an entertainment business and that is being ripped from us
I don't pretend to know the answer, but "clear and obvious" is definitely not the case with this offside situation.
It's like the Geordies against Everton yesterday. Carroll was def pushed in the back and a blatent pen but VAR didn't give it
Liverpool/VAR on 17:48 - Dec 29 with 1881 viewsBicester_North

Liverpool/VAR on 17:43 - Dec 29 by RonManager

I liked Souness's suggestion at half time. If any part of the attackers body is onside then there is no offside.

Would make sense. I would’ve definitely accepted Palace’s first goal yesterday, there was nothing wrong with it. It can’t continue with these fingernail offsides.

Liverpool/VAR on 17:48 - Dec 29 with 1880 viewsSaintsforeverj

This seems like a sensible solution. Being offside because of a finger nail or a hair strand or because a player might have big feet is rediculous.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Liverpool/VAR on 17:53 - Dec 29 with 1868 viewsthis_charming_man

Liverpool/VAR on 17:46 - Dec 29 by kingslandstand1

I (reluctantly) think the handball against Nivea boy was probably the right one although I initially though it should have been a handball agaist Van Dick in th elead up, but the offside was absolutely ridiculous
They really do need to look at this for next season. As Souness said, it's an entertainment business and that is being ripped from us
I don't pretend to know the answer, but "clear and obvious" is definitely not the case with this offside situation.
It's like the Geordies against Everton yesterday. Carroll was def pushed in the back and a blatent pen but VAR didn't give it

A few people have said if they need more than 15 seconds on a VAR review it isn’t clear and obvious.it shouldn’t need dotted lines and messing about with angles, you’re talking about mms in all 4 goals this week.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Liverpool/VAR on 17:55 - Dec 29 with 1857 viewskingslandstand1

But that will result in the same argument but looking at the "rear" of the body, or do you say there has to be daylight between the players? Difficult one
Liverpool/VAR on 18:41 - Dec 29 with 1791 views1885_SFC

Sheffield United's goal at Man City looked okay to me. You can shove VAR up your arris. It's not fit for purpose in its current form.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool/VAR on 18:56 - Dec 29 with 1767 viewsSaintsforeverj

Liverpool/VAR on 18:41 - Dec 29 by 1885_SFC

Sheffield United's goal at Man City looked okay to me. You can shove VAR up your arris. It's not fit for purpose in its current form.

The defence of VAR is that offside is the same for every team. It does seem crazy to be offside by a finger etc but if you bring it back to the ref deciding, you get inconsistencies or favouritism.

At least, it is the same for every team. You are offside or not. I don't like it but coming up with a solution is the difficult bit!
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 19:00]

Liverpool/VAR on 19:02 - Dec 29 with 1754 viewsdirk_doone

Liverpool/VAR on 18:56 - Dec 29 by Saintsforeverj

The defence of VAR is that offside is the same for every team. It does seem crazy to be offside by a finger etc but if you bring it back to the ref deciding, you get inconsistencies or favouritism.

At least, it is the same for every team. You are offside or not. I don't like it but coming up with a solution is the difficult bit!

Absolutely, and without the fairness of VAR, we would be in the bottom 3 right now. In terms of close decisions, it really has made it a level playing field, which it never has been before. Anything 50/50 was automatically given in favour of the big club

I can remember games v both Man City and United where offside decisions, which were more than a foot wrong, were given against us and nobody blinked an eye because we had become so used to it.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 19:07]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Liverpool/VAR on 19:02 - Dec 29 with 1752 viewskingslandstand1

Hate to say it, but that's about right
Liverpool/VAR on 19:08 - Dec 29 with 1736 viewsRonManager

Liverpool/VAR on 17:55 - Dec 29 by kingslandstand1

But that will result in the same argument but looking at the "rear" of the body, or do you say there has to be daylight between the players? Difficult one

Yes I take your point. Maybe VAR should just drop the whole offside thing. Offside has been a problem in our game since 1888 and I don't think VAR will improve the decision making one iota. The technology is just not good enough.

We very rarely see the viewpoint from 90 degrees to the incident. Also I would like them to show how they compare the offside player's position EXACTLY at the moment the ball starts to move from the passer's foot.

For me Clive, it's as subjective with VAR as it has ever been without it.

Don't ditch VAR, but ditch it's involvement with offside and leave it to the officials.

I can remember when the internet was all fields

Liverpool/VAR on 19:12 - Dec 29 with 1717 viewsSaintsforeverj

Liverpool/VAR on 19:08 - Dec 29 by RonManager

Yes I take your point. Maybe VAR should just drop the whole offside thing. Offside has been a problem in our game since 1888 and I don't think VAR will improve the decision making one iota. The technology is just not good enough.

We very rarely see the viewpoint from 90 degrees to the incident. Also I would like them to show how they compare the offside player's position EXACTLY at the moment the ball starts to move from the passer's foot.

For me Clive, it's as subjective with VAR as it has ever been without it.

Don't ditch VAR, but ditch it's involvement with offside and leave it to the officials.

Leave offside to the officials and they will give the decisions to favour the top clubs and there will be inconsistencies. At least you are offside or you are not. Same for all teams. It is rediculous, offside by a mm but I can't see a solution. Its fair at least.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 19:14]

Liverpool/VAR on 20:21 - Dec 29 with 1631 views1teeminants

Liverpool/VAR on 17:34 - Dec 29 by this_charming_man

Yep, it’s ridiculous ruling goals out for a matter of millimetres, I know we got one our way yesterday but that’s four goals this weekend alone disallowed due to tiniest of margins.

Surely if it’s the same for every team what does it matter. The stoppages are ridiculous and I can’t stand Liverpool but the ball clearly hit Lallana On the shoulder and the Wolves goal was ruled out but it would of been ruled out too if it was a Liverpool player. IMO VAR makes the game fairer because it’s the same for all teams ie a hand of a Liverpool player or the hand of a Norwich player. Before VAR it was argued that bigger teams got all the decisions but surely now it’s equal .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Liverpool/VAR on 20:24 - Dec 29 with 1624 views1teeminants

Exactly right mate it’s the same for every team .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Liverpool/VAR on 20:35 - Dec 29 with 1611 viewsMessysaints

Think the rule is pretty clear, and it's fair, any part of the body not including hands and arms and it's offside, can't allow any margin of error, same as goal line, the full ball needs to cross the line, no exceptions. Not a needs to cross by 1 Inch on Wednesday and two on Saturday....
Liverpool/VAR on 21:59 - Dec 29 with 1533 viewsHeisenberg

The problem with VAR is what it is doing to the game itself. We all know when Saints score it's that moment of pure joy that makes the it all worthwhile. VAR is taking away that experience. Fans are starting to not celebrate until VAR decides if it's a goal or not thus the moment is lost. VAR should be used only in obvious mistakes. Other than that if its not an absolute ref howler then get on with it.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Liverpool/VAR on 22:24 - Dec 29 with 1501 viewsBicester_North

Liverpool/VAR on 21:59 - Dec 29 by Heisenberg

The problem with VAR is what it is doing to the game itself. We all know when Saints score it's that moment of pure joy that makes the it all worthwhile. VAR is taking away that experience. Fans are starting to not celebrate until VAR decides if it's a goal or not thus the moment is lost. VAR should be used only in obvious mistakes. Other than that if its not an absolute ref howler then get on with it.

Exactly right, plus it was supposed to solve the tedious debates about decisions after every game, now the debates about VAR decisions are even more tedious.

Liverpool/VAR on 09:37 - Dec 30 with 1345 viewsKennington

Liverpool/VAR on 21:59 - Dec 29 by Heisenberg

Agreed. Instead of talking about dodgy reffing we talk about dodgy VARs. we might as well scrap it and go back to talking sh!te about refs. I don’t need a clinical game with everything being perfect, and I’m more than happy for refs to have the odd howler now and again. It’s all part of the game.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Liverpool/VAR on 10:59 - Dec 30 with 1296 viewsMessysaints

Liverpool/VAR on 09:37 - Dec 30 by Kennington

Agreed. Instead of talking about dodgy reffing we talk about dodgy VARs. we might as well scrap it and go back to talking sh!te about refs. I don’t need a clinical game with everything being perfect, and I’m more than happy for refs to have the odd howler now and again. It’s all part of the game.

So happy palace won then? Wat about again to Chelsea? Or the game before? Or before that? Var is showing us just how unfair the game has been with so many goals being given even though they should have been scrubbed off, yes I hate the break up and stuff, but I would rather we lose cause we lost not because the video ref gave an allowance for this game game cause he likes palace more....

Not for me, if your are closer to the goal than the last defender you are offside. No margins, the rule states this so var is correct in scrubbing these goals off.
Liverpool/VAR on 11:17 - Dec 30 with 1278 viewsHeisenberg

Liverpool/VAR on 10:59 - Dec 30 by Messysaints

So happy palace won then? Wat about again to Chelsea? Or the game before? Or before that? Var is showing us just how unfair the game has been with so many goals being given even though they should have been scrubbed off, yes I hate the break up and stuff, but I would rather we lose cause we lost not because the video ref gave an allowance for this game game cause he likes palace more....

Not for me, if your are closer to the goal than the last defender you are offside. No margins, the rule states this so var is correct in scrubbing these goals off.

Then you are welcome to it. VAR is sucking the enjoyment out of the game. The whole point of football is enjoying the moment your team scores and losing yourself celebrating and jumping about like an idiot for a bit. If that is to be taken away then I'm afraid many fans will be turned away. And yes the Palace goal should have stood. Offisde by an armpit is a joke.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Liverpool/VAR on 11:39 - Dec 30 with 1262 viewsMessysaints

Liverpool/VAR on 11:17 - Dec 30 by Heisenberg

Then you are welcome to it. VAR is sucking the enjoyment out of the game. The whole point of football is enjoying the moment your team scores and losing yourself celebrating and jumping about like an idiot for a bit. If that is to be taken away then I'm afraid many fans will be turned away. And yes the Palace goal should have stood. Offisde by an armpit is a joke.

If your offside your offside, it don't matter if it's your shoulder cause your shoulder is included in the rules, only things not are hands and arms. Armpit is under your shoulder so yes it's offside, I don't care if it's a mm or a yard it's offside.

When you use a spirit level to get some thing flat or vertical do you give it a few inches either way?

The point of the offside trap is to catch attackers going past defense line, it don't matter if it is a mm or not they are still past the line, you can't start a race a few inches past the start pointi it's a false start and a penalty, don't remember vetel moaning when he got a 5 sec penalty for starting further forward than he was meant to, he manned up and said clearly I know where I line is I past it its my fault, I know the rules......

So now we have ppl moaning they got caught offside, yes it's harsh, but your still offside so, time your run better next time, gj defenders for holding your line..

Now you are telling me if are game against palace was a cup final or a relegation game and that goal was given by palace and we got relegated / lost the game cause Zaha was offside and the defenders held the line as they are told to do and train do to but the goal was given you would be happy?

Bulls mate, absolutely bol/ocks

If your offside your offside next time stay behind the defender or level, take note level means in line not past it by a few inches......
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 11:41]
Liverpool/VAR on 11:44 - Dec 30 with 1252 viewsdirk_doone

Liverpool/VAR on 11:17 - Dec 30 by Heisenberg

I see the Spurs game is heading for a sellout. I wonder if it would have been if there had been no VAR and we had lost to Palace? Our fans like to see us win fairly, not lose unfairly.

Before VAR, we were losing points because of unfair decisions like this:

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2018/01/13/watford-2-2-southampton-handball-goal-ea

I was at the Etihad for our first game back in the Premier League to see the referee give Tevez a goal when we could all see he was more than a yard offside, which meant we lost 3-2 instead of getting the correct result. We'd all become so used to such bias from referees that there was barely a murmur of protest from the Saints fans. Before VAR, we knew such decisions always went against us when we played the big clubs and if it weren't for the fairness of VAR, we'd currently be in the bottom 3.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Liverpool/VAR on 11:47 - Dec 30 with 1245 viewsBicester_North

Liverpool/VAR on 11:44 - Dec 30 by dirk_doone

I see the Spurs game is heading for a sellout. I wonder if it would have been if there had been no VAR and we had lost to Palace? Our fans like to see us win fairly, not lose unfairly.

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2018/01/13/watford-2-2-southampton-handball-goal-ea

I was at the Etihad for our first game back in the Premier League to see the referee give Tevez a goal when we could all see he was more than a yard offside, which meant we lost 3-2 instead of getting the correct result. We'd all become so used to such bias from referees that there was barely a murmur of protest from the Saints fans. Before VAR, we knew such decisions always went against us when we played the big clubs and if it weren't for the fairness of VAR, we'd currently be in the bottom 3.

We wouldn’t have won the FA Cup either though.

Although just watching it again, still could’ve been on, too close to call. Either way yes VAR has worked out well for Saints this season but I’m in the camp which doesn’t want a sterilised version of football.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 11:54]

Liverpool/VAR on 11:55 - Dec 30 with 1239 viewsMessysaints

Liverpool/VAR on 11:44 - Dec 30 by dirk_doone

Exactly, it's fair and is how it should be.

Yes the delays are annoying, but least you know the correct decision is being made.

Roy was unhappy Zaha was caught offside.

I'll have been even more fuming if it was given after seeing him offside, I don't care if it was his armpit or his big toe, he is offside end of.

Like most ppl if we score and the goal gets disallowed I'll be disappointed sure, but I'll be more unhappy if it got given but instead of my team scoring it was against my team.... When I knew and every one else knew it was also offside. What's the point of rules if the rules are not enforced to the best ability they can be enforced?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024