Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticket Office Problem 06:08 - Jan 3 with 2364 viewsSuperKelvin

My Father passed away last year having been a lifelong season ticket holder.
As he was a over 65 ticket, i contacted the ticket office to ask if i could have it transferred to me for the remaining games.

They have said i would need to pay in order to upgrade it to a full adult ticket, or It will remain empty. Furthermore, it hasn't even been used since the start of the season and will be unable to get a refund.

Any ideas where to go from here?
Ticket Office Problem on 06:41 - Jan 3 with 1878 viewsDENZY

Can you not just use the ticket without saying anything? Absolutely disgusting attitude from the club.

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

Ticket Office Problem on 06:52 - Jan 3 with 1874 viewssaintwizzler

Not good PR from the club but do we expect anything else?
Good luck with this.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ticket Office Problem on 07:01 - Jan 3 with 1869 viewsSuperKelvin

Ticket Office Problem on 06:41 - Jan 3 by DENZY

Can you not just use the ticket without saying anything? Absolutely disgusting attitude from the club.

Sadly not, over 60 tickets flash a different colour on the way in so it's obvious its not my ticket. This stops people using kids tickets. But ill have to chance it.
Ticket Office Problem on 07:16 - Jan 3 with 1863 viewsDENZY

Ticket Office Problem on 07:01 - Jan 3 by SuperKelvin

Sadly not, over 60 tickets flash a different colour on the way in so it's obvious its not my ticket. This stops people using kids tickets. But ill have to chance it.

Get on to the Daily Echo and shame the club into doing something. Embarrassing penny pinching from the club.

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

Ticket Office Problem on 07:39 - Jan 3 with 1846 viewssolent_toffee

In this instance you are probably best writing to someone at the club, try to get a specific name from someone ITK on here and explain the situation. If you phoned the ticket office you might have got through to some random person who hasn’t got much flexibility and gave you a standard response.
Ticket Office Problem on 08:04 - Jan 3 with 1820 viewsA1079

I am not in the know with anyone at the club SuperKelvin, but I would not leave it at that. I just looked on the website and what about writing to this address. I cannot imagine that for the remainder of this season that someone there would not see reason

supporterrelations@saintsfc.co.uk

or telephone:
02380 711 980,

There is also this Supporters charter:
file://userfs/ad810/w2k/Downloads/SFC%20Supporters%20Charter%202019.pdf

None of this may be of any help but it is worth a try. Failing that I would try someone senior at the club.

Good luck
Ticket Office Problem on 08:04 - Jan 3 with 1819 viewskingslandstand1

Ticket Office Problem on 07:16 - Jan 3 by DENZY

Get on to the Daily Echo and shame the club into doing something. Embarrassing penny pinching from the club.

They'll pick up on it being on here as they must scour major fans web sites for stories?
Cr@p attitude from the club though as they czn obviously tell if a ST has been used
Ticket Office Problem on 08:22 - Jan 3 with 1793 viewsthis_charming_man

We had a similar issue a few years back with my dad. He had Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s and needed a wheelchair and a helper to go to games. The club refused him a disabled season ticket, even though he had had one for the previous 3 seasons after his diagnosis due to the fact he had moved into a care home and his disability Benefit was being paid to the home and not to him any more. It was a ridiculous situation, but thankfully after speaking to the club on several
Occasions and having to provide proof they finally agreed to it.

There is a bloke in the ticket office called Lee who sorted it out, he was quite helpful.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Login to get fewer ads

Ticket Office Problem on 08:26 - Jan 3 with 1788 viewsSalisburySaint

Ticket Office Problem on 08:22 - Jan 3 by this_charming_man

We had a similar issue a few years back with my dad. He had Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s and needed a wheelchair and a helper to go to games. The club refused him a disabled season ticket, even though he had had one for the previous 3 seasons after his diagnosis due to the fact he had moved into a care home and his disability Benefit was being paid to the home and not to him any more. It was a ridiculous situation, but thankfully after speaking to the club on several
Occasions and having to provide proof they finally agreed to it.

There is a bloke in the ticket office called Lee who sorted it out, he was quite helpful.

definatley try to speak to Lee

He has worked in the ticket office for years and is really reliable andc helps me out with issues all the time
Ticket Office Problem on 08:32 - Jan 3 with 1778 viewsDENZY

Lee Hetherington I think his name is.

Ticket Office Problem on 08:37 - Jan 3 with 1759 viewsPatfromPoole

A friend of mine had a fairly similar situation at Boscombe recently.

A guy aged about 30 died in tragic circumstances; a family member wanted to continue to use the ST, which was being resisted by the club.

I must find out how this got resolved, if at all.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Ticket Office Problem on 08:41 - Jan 3 with 1747 viewsPatfromPoole

Though, unlike us, Boscombe have a long waiting list for ST’s, so may feel they can be a bit more jobsworth on issues like this....

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Ticket Office Problem on 08:56 - Jan 3 with 1730 viewsA1079

another option may be to write to Matt Le Tissier or Francis Benali as the Club Ambassadors.
Ticket Office Problem on 09:22 - Jan 3 with 1701 viewsthis_charming_man

You could always try the saints voice....

Ticket Office Problem on 09:43 - Jan 3 with 1680 viewsOccasional_Showers

Cant you self identify as an over 60?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Ticket Office Problem on 09:43 - Jan 3 with 1681 viewsarfurdent

The deceased was a close friend who sat next to me. I am suprised the club have not made some gesture to sort this out for the remaining part of the season

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Ticket Office Problem on 10:15 - Jan 3 with 1648 viewsSonicBoom

As a last resort you could always put it on twitter.
It's amazing how quickly banks, shops and other organisations respond when a complaint can be seen by everyone.
Ticket Office Problem on 11:56 - Jan 3 with 1574 viewsSaintNick

Ticket Office Problem on 10:15 - Jan 3 by SonicBoom

As a last resort you could always put it on twitter.
It's amazing how quickly banks, shops and other organisations respond when a complaint can be seen by everyone.

e mail the supporter liason officer at the e mail given in a post on this thread

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ticket Office Problem on 12:22 - Jan 3 with 1541 viewsSuperKelvin

Ticket Office Problem on 11:56 - Jan 3 by SaintNick

e mail the supporter liason officer at the e mail given in a post on this thread

Thanks everyone, i have emailed the support liaison but no reply.

The Twitter account replied to me and sent their condolences and said they are looking into it.

Its nice to know the club tries to make money even out of its fans passing away.
Ticket Office Problem on 13:16 - Jan 3 with 1499 viewsBuggalugs

Ticket Office Problem on 07:01 - Jan 3 by SuperKelvin

I know plenty of adults that go in on kids tickets and have done for years. Yes the light does go a different colour, but none have ever been challenged by the stewards watching.

I appreciate this is not ideal and you obviously want peace of mind, but if the club won't do the right thing by you, it wouldn't be an issue to continue using it.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Ticket Office Problem on 13:19 - Jan 3 with 1494 viewsSaintsforeverj

Just use the ticket yourself. Go in about 15 minutes before kick off when it's busy. When I walk in, we often mix up the tickets and I end using the kids ticket and they use mine. It's so busy nobody says anything and I don't think they notice either. If you get caught, just say oh I must have accidently used my dad's ST. I wouldn't worry just use it.

But I would try to shame the club first.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 13:23]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ticket Office Problem on 13:36 - Jan 3 with 1474 viewsSaintNick

Ticket Office Problem on 12:22 - Jan 3 by SuperKelvin

Thanks everyone, i have emailed the support liaison but no reply.

The Twitter account replied to me and sent their condolences and said they are looking into it.

Its nice to know the club tries to make money even out of its fans passing away.

Of course I would not condone using a ticket and defrauding the club lol.

I have brought this to the supporter liason officers attention so hopefully they will get back to you, in fairness they probably take a day or two.

In essence they are right in what they are saying and are going by the book and saying you can pay extra to transfer the ticket, you could say that it is fair of them to do that.

However it is perhaps not in the spirit of things, it would not harm them to exchange the ticket now at no extra cost and then let you renew it at the right price next season.

The problem is they do not think like this, they follow the rules and don't seem able to have the human element at the right time

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ticket Office Problem on 13:42 - Jan 3 with 1469 viewsthis_charming_man

Ticket Office Problem on 13:36 - Jan 3 by SaintNick

Of course I would not condone using a ticket and defrauding the club lol.

I have brought this to the supporter liason officers attention so hopefully they will get back to you, in fairness they probably take a day or two.

In essence they are right in what they are saying and are going by the book and saying you can pay extra to transfer the ticket, you could say that it is fair of them to do that.

However it is perhaps not in the spirit of things, it would not harm them to exchange the ticket now at no extra cost and then let you renew it at the right price next season.

The problem is they do not think like this, they follow the rules and don't seem able to have the human element at the right time

That was the case in my dads situation, to qualify for a season ticket it was basically a check list of criteria which if you didn't meet then you weren't entitled too. as my dad was getting disability benefit, it had been transferred to payment to the home, then he didn't qualify according to their spreadsheet.

Im sure with a bit of humanity and common sense they can fix it. I'm sure Liverpools ticket office doesn't have such rigid policies.

Ticket Office Problem on 14:03 - Jan 3 with 1442 viewsWalkingRosie

Ticket Office Problem on 09:22 - Jan 3 by this_charming_man

You could always try the saints voice....

They will grass the poor fella up to the club and old bill. When he tries to contact them they will refuse to speak to him. Next thing he will see is pictures of them all over social media enjoying the game, selfies with Sammy Saint etc

Saints Voice - the only voice

Northam do your job, Northam, Northam do your job

Ticket Office Problem on 14:18 - Jan 3 with 1421 viewsSuperKelvin

Update- Ticket office called me to say they had seen some posts on social media and although it's against protocol they will offer me the ticket free of charge.

Although they do not wish to let this be a known public policy and is against normal protocol.

Result. Up the Saints
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024