Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + 12:05 - Jan 7 with 1921 viewsericofarabia

10 tickets left now and at STH's with no away games.

What an absolute disgrace by the club. A big % of the away support is the people who coughed up for Membership+ and Membership, to ensure getting tickets for games like this
Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 12:35 - Jan 7 with 1608 viewsSalisburySaint

pretty certain they haven't put restricted view tickets on sale yet so there are a few more still available
Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 12:56 - Jan 7 with 1598 viewsBuggalugs

PM me if you want tickets Eric

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 13:12 - Jan 7 with 1576 viewsPatfromPoole

Ridiculous!

I have just this minute sent an email to Matthew Silvester at the ticket office to ask for clarification as to what their policy is and why they seem to not want as many Saints fans as possible to be supporting the team in the ground.

There was a bit on Twitter on this over the weekend.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 13:41 - Jan 7 with 1488 viewsSaintNick

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 13:12 - Jan 7 by PatfromPoole

Ridiculous!

I have just this minute sent an email to Matthew Silvester at the ticket office to ask for clarification as to what their policy is and why they seem to not want as many Saints fans as possible to be supporting the team in the ground.

There was a bit on Twitter on this over the weekend.

I have been in dialogue with the club over the past week about ticket allocations amongst other things, hence I was able to get the issue on here sorted about the season ticket done quickly.

I can't comment yet on what has been said but I have not been completely happy with some of the answers i have got.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 13:55 - Jan 7 with 1475 viewsfranniesTache

As i said to you on social medja Pat i have never understood why they don't just pre-ballot.

Allow people to sign up with your interest and season ticket or membership number for away games before the club has to decide on the allocation. That way they get an idea of how many to take, and can email you when your criteria has been met.
Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 14:16 - Jan 7 with 1454 viewsSaintNick

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 13:55 - Jan 7 by franniesTache

As i said to you on social medja Pat i have never understood why they don't just pre-ballot.

Allow people to sign up with your interest and season ticket or membership number for away games before the club has to decide on the allocation. That way they get an idea of how many to take, and can email you when your criteria has been met.

They tell me they have done this in the past and that there is little interest, the problem is that they have to decide the allocation to be taken a month before the game ao a ballot would need to be at least 5 weeks before and this could change a lot of things balloting for the Leicester game would have need to have been done end of November with 8 games in between at that point who had even thought about Leicester and who would have had enthusiasm given we hadn't won a league game for two months

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 14:24 - Jan 7 with 1436 viewskernow

That's too bad. Wanted to go and watch Saints play at Anfield this year. The allocation was less than three thousand ( I read somewhere). We could have sold many more.
Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 14:57 - Jan 7 with 1401 viewsericofarabia

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 12:56 - Jan 7 by Buggalugs

PM me if you want tickets Eric

Thanks for the kind offer, but luckily I managed to use my sisters ST as she isn't travelling up.
Just infuriates me at the pathetic allocations the club are taking up at away games and even my Membership+ doesn't come into play for some games. Luckily I managed to get sorted for Leicester as well, but with Xmas etc and the game seemingly ages away, didn't expect it to sell out so soon, because of course I had no idea they took up so few tickets. Nor do the club post anything about Tickets selling well or only a few left, to give you an idea whats going on, but find plenty of time to let me know about Xmas partys, sales on at The Club Shop, sponsorship deals with energy drinks , how to get corporate tickets or pay over a kings ransom just to have the chance to pay for food in Gas Works Club. They do let you know when they have sold out and say thanks for your terrific support though .... now that its too late.
Rant over!!
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 14:59]
Login to get fewer ads

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 15:18 - Jan 7 with 1384 viewsericofarabia

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 12:35 - Jan 7 by SalisburySaint

pretty certain they haven't put restricted view tickets on sale yet so there are a few more still available

About 20 restricted view tickets left ..... next up SEVERELY RESTRICTED VIEW tickets ..... how oh earth are LFC allowed to sell tickets that fall into that category? Is this a scouse thing? I reckon Liverpool and Everton (lower tier) are by far the worst away sections anywhere.
Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 17:45 - Jan 7 with 1290 viewsSaintsforeverj

It's all about money of course. They are simply not prepared to risk losing a bit of money for more fans to travel. Taking a small allocation definitely means that the club doesn't have to pay for unpaid tickets. Take a larger allocation and they risk having to pay for any unsold seats.

But that is the current regime pure and simple: Kingsland bar membership, executive away coach, only swapping a deceased Oap ST for an adult one after pressure etc etc. It's the current regime - money, money, money.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 17:49]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 18:51 - Jan 7 with 1251 viewssaint22

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 14:57 - Jan 7 by ericofarabia

Thanks for the kind offer, but luckily I managed to use my sisters ST as she isn't travelling up.
Just infuriates me at the pathetic allocations the club are taking up at away games and even my Membership+ doesn't come into play for some games. Luckily I managed to get sorted for Leicester as well, but with Xmas etc and the game seemingly ages away, didn't expect it to sell out so soon, because of course I had no idea they took up so few tickets. Nor do the club post anything about Tickets selling well or only a few left, to give you an idea whats going on, but find plenty of time to let me know about Xmas partys, sales on at The Club Shop, sponsorship deals with energy drinks , how to get corporate tickets or pay over a kings ransom just to have the chance to pay for food in Gas Works Club. They do let you know when they have sold out and say thanks for your terrific support though .... now that its too late.
Rant over!!
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 14:59]

It’s a total shambles I was really looking forward to taking my boys to anfield and we have less than 2000 allocated as far as I can tell and a third of those restricted view if it even gets to members
A joke of an allocation to play such a big club
Yet another example of mismanagement
Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 19:14 - Jan 7 with 1217 viewsHeisenberg

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 18:51 - Jan 7 by saint22

It’s a total shambles I was really looking forward to taking my boys to anfield and we have less than 2000 allocated as far as I can tell and a third of those restricted view if it even gets to members

Shame. They would have had the opportunity to see a team that knows how to defend making it easier for them to switch allegiances. You could have nipped into the club shop and secured a Van Dyck and Mane shirt for them.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 20:29 - Jan 7 with 1157 viewsstmichael

The worrying thing from my perspective is are the club so strapped for cash they have to behave this way?
It’s equivalent to me turning the gas on and off every time I flip the bacon over🤷‍♂️

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 20:54 - Jan 7 with 1135 viewsPatfromPoole

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 20:29 - Jan 7 by stmichael

The worrying thing from my perspective is are the club so strapped for cash they have to behave this way?
It’s equivalent to me turning the gas on and off every time I flip the bacon over🤷‍♂️

The club will surely have had a big influx of cash from the large take-up of half season tickets.

Oh.

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 21:22 - Jan 7 with 1096 viewsthis_charming_man

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 18:51 - Jan 7 by saint22

What an amazing coincidence that the one game you decided to go to this season is one where you can’t get a ticket.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 22:17 - Jan 7 with 1053 viewsBicester_North

You really are a lying little plum Lauren. Firstly you have no kids, secondly you’ve never been to an away game. Haven’t you got a half marathon that weekend?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 23:05 - Jan 7 with 1004 viewsA1079

I attend more away games than home games, especially those in then northern half (and Midlands) mainly because they are easier for me to get to, since I live in Yorkshire. Up until now, I have been able to get tickets for away games, but now suddenly, inexplicably it has become difficult. As it happens I cannot make the Liverpool game but I had hoped to go to Leicester and yes, somehow I missed initially the date they went live for members, but not by much and then found out, we had actually had only taken a relatively small allocation. Had I not been away for a birthday event, I would have wanted to have gone to Anfield.

Why are the club doing this as our away support has been good, vocal and helped the team - something Ralph has acknowledged and says has helped their performances away from home. It seems the club are undermining not only their own fans but also the much needed support for their manager and team.

What is the point of payment for a membership card, if in effect, it offers you little opportunities.

I do wonder whether there is an agenda to try and force more people to attend home games as they have made quite a bit of it recently and reducing opportunities for people to attend away games will somehow help this, but it won't help people like me and others similar. It just means I will attend less games. I try to go to some home games (I usually manage about 6-7 a season) but to do it regularly (especially for games on a Sunday or mid-week) makes it very expensive and difficult workwise.
Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 10:38 - Jan 8 with 936 viewsSoton

It would not be a big gamble if the decision makers at the club decided to take 300-500 extra tickets for say 4 consecutive away games then they would normally, that way they could see how well they sell, even if it goes tits up they would at least have answers to know if they are under selling to the away supporter base, I doubt that even if they didn’t sell all the extra tickets the club would only be stuck with a handful unsold
Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 11:12 - Jan 8 with 915 viewsSaintNick

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 10:38 - Jan 8 by Soton

It would not be a big gamble if the decision makers at the club decided to take 300-500 extra tickets for say 4 consecutive away games then they would normally, that way they could see how well they sell, even if it goes tits up they would at least have answers to know if they are under selling to the away supporter base, I doubt that even if they didn’t sell all the extra tickets the club would only be stuck with a handful unsold

I dont think it is that we are strapped for cash, it is just the club is run on a day today basis by people who are used to running business's where the emphasis is on not losing money, they have not come from a football background so they do not see the point in having to pay out say £10,000 in some games for empty seats when they don't have to, they dont see the benefits not only in having supporters in the game itself but in building relationships with the fans.

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 12:29 - Jan 8 with 889 viewsPatfromPoole

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 11:12 - Jan 8 by SaintNick

I dont think it is that we are strapped for cash, it is just the club is run on a day today basis by people who are used to running business's where the emphasis is on not losing money, they have not come from a football background so they do not see the point in having to pay out say £10,000 in some games for empty seats when they don't have to, they dont see the benefits not only in having supporters in the game itself but in building relationships with the fans.

Interesting comments, Nick.

Makes you wonder why they bother with the Saints Voice charade.

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 13:18 - Jan 8 with 870 viewsericofarabia

Just got my notification that I can apply for a Liverpool Ticket with my Membership+ .... shame they sold out (but luckily I have already got one via another route).

Even better news is that as it is my birthday next month I can treat myself to a corporate ticket with 20% discount for a home game against Wolves Burnley or Villa.
Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 15:41 - Jan 9 with 777 viewsSaintsforeverj

Received further correspondence regarding away ticket sales. Southampton had the option of taking 1100, 1800 or 3000 tickets for Liverpool. There was no negotiation on taking say 2200. With that in mind the club took 1800. SFC stated that had the game gone on general sale, a number of Liverpool fans would likely have bought tickets in the away end. It was stated that when we take 3000 tickets, the game always goes to general sale before usually not selling out - Burnley away given as the example. It was stated that even Villa didn't sell out until the Friday before the game and in fact didn't totally sell out.

This still doesn't really explain why we took such a low allocation for Leicester, but I can see the difficulties I suppose.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 15:44]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 18:09 - Jan 9 with 732 views1ASIN12

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 15:41 - Jan 9 by Saintsforeverj

Received further correspondence regarding away ticket sales. Southampton had the option of taking 1100, 1800 or 3000 tickets for Liverpool. There was no negotiation on taking say 2200. With that in mind the club took 1800. SFC stated that had the game gone on general sale, a number of Liverpool fans would likely have bought tickets in the away end. It was stated that when we take 3000 tickets, the game always goes to general sale before usually not selling out - Burnley away given as the example. It was stated that even Villa didn't sell out until the Friday before the game and in fact didn't totally sell out.

This still doesn't really explain why we took such a low allocation for Leicester, but I can see the difficulties I suppose.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 15:44]

If that was the case then why don’t they put the away tickets on restricted general sale - you have to have a purchase history etc?

Also a couple of things we are never going to take more then 2000 for burnley for a normal league game and also Burnley do not spilt the away allocation all teams get just over 24000 tickets.

They say we never sold out at Aston Villa this despite them saying it was sold out on the website ? Also by taking the full 3000 or do for Aston Villa 1500 extra Saints fans got the chance to go.

No one is saying we will sell out every away game it’s about giving more fans the chance to go wether they be season ticket holders , members , or just Saints fans .

How much did the club lose or unsold tickets for Villa £500 ? Wow we justification in there eyes then for only taking smaller allocations ?

The club still haven’t explained why they never put the extra Wolves tickets on sale until 2 days before the game and then didn’t even announce they were in sale.

Also home games don’t sell out ( if at all) until it gets to general sale so maybe we should give away teams more then using the clubs logic ?
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 18:12]
Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 18:17 - Jan 9 with 713 viewsthis_charming_man

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 11:12 - Jan 8 by SaintNick

The lack of any knowledge of football inside the club is a huge issue, you can see from the social media, marketing, surveeys etc there is no real interest or understanding of our fan base, just a desire to get as much money out it as possible.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Doesn't look like Liverpool away will even make Membership + on 18:26 - Jan 9 with 703 viewscocklebreath

I reckon if we took every bigger allocation we would be at most £200000 out of pocket, that’s a month of vestegaards wages. That’s the top end more likely half of that, peanuts.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024