Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Unsung Jewels in our team 22:56 - Jan 11 with 2823 viewsA1079

Quite rightly alot of emphasis is placed on the impact of Ings, but possibly what is more satisfying are the unsung jewels in our team that not so long ago were so devoid of confidence and belief and understandably were being criticised heavily. But, they have stuck with it, worked hard and have not given up. These are:-

Ward-Prowse - endless hard work. He may not be the perfect or greatest midfielder in the world and at one point this season he looked scared to be out on the pitch but he never gives up and plays his heart and soul for the club;
Armstrong - so often in the shadow but bided his time and come in and made such a difference;
Stephens and Bednarek - not so long ago, could not put a foot right and were facing endless criticism. Not saying they are the best in their trade but what they lack in skill they have made up for in pride, endeavour and sheer hard work.

Also, Che Adams - he is making a difference, so please don't loan him out. Playing in this team and in this league will eventually show it's rewards.

Hojberg has struggled this season but he has shown determination to keep going. He knows it is not his best season. I do think Redmond could be better. His final ball and conversion rate remains poor but, he will come out of it.
The Unsung Jewels in our team on 23:09 - Jan 11 with 1897 viewsHeisenberg

Spot on. JWP has stood out for me. He gives everything and works tirelessly. All the players cant be faulted. The turn around has been astounding.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 23:12 - Jan 11 with 1890 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 23:09 - Jan 11 by Heisenberg

Spot on. JWP has stood out for me. He gives everything and works tirelessly. All the players cant be faulted. The turn around has been astounding.

This.

Ward-Prowse seems to have developed a bit of strength to go with his stamina. Watching him push people off the ball is wonderful, but what amazes me is how much he runs and presses.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 23:28 - Jan 11 with 1861 viewsBicester_North

Apart from Ings, Bednarek, Adams, Long and McCarthy who always seem to get on with it and give it their all, I couldn’t really stand many of our squad, even as recently as the West Ham game. I thought they were either sub standard players or sulking brats who couldn’t be arsed.
These players haven’t all of a sudden become great or completely changed their ways, but they just believe in the manager and the system now and are working for each other.
The manager is really the one who should take the credit for bringing the best out of what he’s got.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 00:03 - Jan 12 with 1819 viewsthis_charming_man

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 23:12 - Jan 11 by Gennaro_Contaldo

This.

Ward-Prowse seems to have developed a bit of strength to go with his stamina. Watching him push people off the ball is wonderful, but what amazes me is how much he runs and presses.

The tackle he made on that big spurs lump was quality, love seeing players do that even if they don’t win the ball

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 08:25 - Jan 12 with 1655 viewssaint22

As usual a1079 a good post and I agree with most you say
I am not sure about PEH tho. I like his passion enthusiasm and effort but he has a bad habit of sloppy passes and then rash tackles after such an error, he did it again yesterday. I wonder if the captaincy should go to JWP relieve some pressure?
Has he committed to a new contract yet?
The Unsung Jewels in our team on 09:00 - Jan 12 with 1617 viewsHeisenberg

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 08:25 - Jan 12 by saint22

As usual a1079 a good post and I agree with most you say
I am not sure about PEH tho. I like his passion enthusiasm and effort but he has a bad habit of sloppy passes and then rash tackles after such an error, he did it again yesterday. I wonder if the captaincy should go to JWP relieve some pressure?
Has he committed to a new contract yet?

Hey Hey. What we need is two centre half's, a right back and a defensive midfielder. We need them NOW. It's outrageous we haven't signed anyone yet. I'd drop both Stephens and Bednarek and get two new centre half's alongside the new right back who replaces Cedric in time for next Saturday. The new midfielder will replace PEH who I'm not sure about. The fact we didn't sign anyone on Jan 1st is a disgrace. And I'd give Ralph until the end of January. He's clearly not up to the task. My boys are still watching Liverpool. Now that's a team that know how to defend. GEDDIT.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 10:31 - Jan 12 with 1507 viewsMarcus_y

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 09:00 - Jan 12 by Heisenberg

Hey Hey. What we need is two centre half's, a right back and a defensive midfielder. We need them NOW. It's outrageous we haven't signed anyone yet. I'd drop both Stephens and Bednarek and get two new centre half's alongside the new right back who replaces Cedric in time for next Saturday. The new midfielder will replace PEH who I'm not sure about. The fact we didn't sign anyone on Jan 1st is a disgrace. And I'd give Ralph until the end of January. He's clearly not up to the task. My boys are still watching Liverpool. Now that's a team that know how to defend. GEDDIT.

Wrong log in again.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 11:02 - Jan 12 with 1480 viewsdirk_doone

They are all playing well and have developed a great team spirit. Other than getting backups in case players get injured, I wouldn't change this team. Let's see ho far they can go by the end of the season. We have exactly the same number of points now as we did after the same number of games in the 2015/16 season, when we qualified for Europe.

If I'd single any players out for praise, it would be the ones who are still underrated by some of our fans, like Cedric, Bertand and Stephens. We could spend a fortune and not get better players than them.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 11:03]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 13:12 - Jan 12 with 1414 viewsI_would

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 23:09 - Jan 11 by Heisenberg

If Ward Prowse could improve his dead balls it would help. Yesterday not one of his crosses went to one of our players. And it's a while since he worried a GK with a free kick. I grant you he runs about a lot but then so do toddlers.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 13:28 - Jan 12 with 1405 viewsthis_charming_man

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 13:12 - Jan 12 by I_would

If Ward Prowse could improve his dead balls it would help. Yesterday not one of his crosses went to one of our players. And it's a while since he worried a GK with a free kick. I grant you he runs about a lot but then so do toddlers.

the match winning free kick goal against Watford from apart from the great save the keepers made in the Palace and West Ham games you mean?

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 14:35 - Jan 12 with 1365 viewsI_would

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 13:28 - Jan 12 by this_charming_man

the match winning free kick goal against Watford from apart from the great save the keepers made in the Palace and West Ham games you mean?

Let's have another one then preferably this millenium. Mr Joggy need more dead ball practice.

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 14:39 - Jan 12 with 1362 viewssaint68

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 14:35 - Jan 12 by I_would

Let's have another one then preferably this millenium. Mr Joggy need more dead ball practice.

You need to appreciate the lad and forgive him for knobbing your missus....the bitterness is eating you alive man!!!

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 14:40 - Jan 12 with 1360 viewsI_would

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 14:39 - Jan 12 by saint68

You need to appreciate the lad and forgive him for knobbing your missus....the bitterness is eating you alive man!!!

Correcting false praise.

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 14:42 - Jan 12 with 1358 viewsthis_charming_man

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 14:35 - Jan 12 by I_would

He only needs two more to equal Le Tissiers goals from free kick record. So i'd say that makes him pretty good from dead balls. Despite the utter b*llocks you spout.

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 14:44 - Jan 12 with 1357 viewssaint68

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 14:40 - Jan 12 by I_would

Correcting false praise.

You do care really, I bet you've got a poster of the boy above your bed.

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 14:55 - Jan 12 with 1348 viewsI_would

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 14:44 - Jan 12 by saint68

You do care really, I bet you've got a poster of the boy above your bed.

I think you're confusing me with the Pacy Prowsey fawners on here. He has been better than the previous six years I accept that but technically he is nowhere near the standard of Armstrong.

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 15:09 - Jan 12 with 1339 viewssaint68

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 14:55 - Jan 12 by I_would

I think you're confusing me with the Pacy Prowsey fawners on here. He has been better than the previous six years I accept that but technically he is nowhere near the standard of Armstrong.

He's tucked away a few for a non technically gifted lad though hasn't he.

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 15:30 - Jan 12 with 1318 viewsI_would

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 15:09 - Jan 12 by saint68

He's tucked away a few for a non technically gifted lad though hasn't he.

That's correct.............. a few.

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 15:38 - Jan 12 with 1315 viewsthis_charming_man

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 15:30 - Jan 12 by I_would

That's correct.............. a few.

Two less than Matt Le Tissier did in more than double the games.

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 15:42 - Jan 12 with 1310 viewsI_would

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 15:38 - Jan 12 by this_charming_man

Two less than Matt Le Tissier did in more than double the games.

100 goals and 64 assists plus he looked like a footballer not a casual jogger.

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 15:50 - Jan 12 with 1306 viewsthis_charming_man

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 15:42 - Jan 12 by I_would

100 goals and 64 assists plus he looked like a footballer not a casual jogger.

we're talking about free kick ability. UNfortuntely for you as usual facts don't back up the shite you spout

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 16:39 - Jan 12 with 1281 viewsI_would

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 15:50 - Jan 12 by this_charming_man

we're talking about free kick ability. UNfortuntely for you as usual facts don't back up the shite you spout

Yes thEY dO

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 18:38 - Jan 12 with 1198 viewsA1079

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 13:12 - Jan 12 by I_would

I would just add I_Would, I was not suggesting that the players I pointed out were the best in their trade, not in a long way, but sometimes the best teams do not have the best players. But, what they have lacked in skill they have shown in team spirit and knuckling down and they have played a big part in the teams ability to not fold and put up a fight against teams, a few weeks ago, I would never have thought we could.

As for Prowse, who I respect, you have little time for, I personally think he is a confidence player. He looked scared stiff until this recent run. Unlike you, I do think he is a good team player and I would rather have him our team than in someone elses. I believe is more of an asset than a hindrance. Like you, I do accept that he has not always delivered and at times he could have done better - but then, we could probably have said that about most of our team at various times over the last couple of seasons.
The Unsung Jewels in our team on 18:51 - Jan 12 with 1187 viewsthis_charming_man

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 16:39 - Jan 12 by I_would

Yes thEY dO

You don’t have talk some nonsense

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 18:55 - Jan 12 with 1182 viewssaint22

The Unsung Jewels in our team on 18:51 - Jan 12 by this_charming_man

You don’t have talk some nonsense

Good company for you then
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024