Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool fans... 09:46 - Jan 17 with 2953 viewsSonicBoom

Yeah I know we all hate Liverpool. The bin dipping victims and all that crap. But what's your thoughts on this?
Liverpool fans planning one of their coach welcomes for the United game.

Personally I think it's great that in these days of snowflake fans sitting in respectful silence, there are still fan groups prepared to ramp up the atmosphere of the game. I'm not saying smash the windows or anything like that.
But imagine playing Pompey and giving their bus this welcome into the city.
Some fans around Europe rightly get condemned for much of their behaviour, but there are some places that still retain a real atmosphere and I for one am glad to see fans here doing the same. I never understand why fans of other clubs belittle the efforts of other supporters like Palace or in this case the scousers when many of us still want some sort of atmosphere at games.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7897123/Bring-pints-pyros-fla
Liverpool fans... on 09:43 - Jan 18 with 838 viewsSaintNick

Liverpool fans... on 22:06 - Jan 17 by cocklebreath

If our ticket office allowed we might have 3k at every away game, as the owner of this site you need to get answers

I am getting answers and hopefully things will change, why is it left for me to chase the club? the answer is because we have a fan base that cannot be bothered to get up off their ars*s and form a proper supporters association who can take on the club as a proper organised group.

Liverpool and Manchester United for instance have very well organised groups in their own Cities who constantly challenge their club over it's actions and win.

Why does the Kop have big flags etc, because they have an independent supporters group that organises it, why do they have the bus welcome ? because they it's organised by a supporters group, why do they have a repertoire of songs far more than most other clubs, because they have supporters groups that do that sort of thing.

They are organised in every department, they have turned themselves into a club supported in a way that people sneer at because they are jealous, so use the easy option of bringing up the tourist element etc, but you don't see many Norwegians getting on a plane with a 20ft by 20ft flag.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Liverpool fans... on 10:00 - Jan 18 with 824 viewsthis_charming_man

Liverpool fans... on 09:43 - Jan 18 by SaintNick

I am getting answers and hopefully things will change, why is it left for me to chase the club? the answer is because we have a fan base that cannot be bothered to get up off their ars*s and form a proper supporters association who can take on the club as a proper organised group.

Liverpool and Manchester United for instance have very well organised groups in their own Cities who constantly challenge their club over it's actions and win.

Why does the Kop have big flags etc, because they have an independent supporters group that organises it, why do they have the bus welcome ? because they it's organised by a supporters group, why do they have a repertoire of songs far more than most other clubs, because they have supporters groups that do that sort of thing.

They are organised in every department, they have turned themselves into a club supported in a way that people sneer at because they are jealous, so use the easy option of bringing up the tourist element etc, but you don't see many Norwegians getting on a plane with a 20ft by 20ft flag.

Surely it’s a complement that people think you’ve got kudos to get answers? BTW is this what the saints voice are for, or do they just grass up our own fans now?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Liverpool fans... on 10:20 - Jan 18 with 804 viewsSaintNick

Liverpool fans... on 10:00 - Jan 18 by this_charming_man

Surely it’s a complement that people think you’ve got kudos to get answers? BTW is this what the saints voice are for, or do they just grass up our own fans now?

The Saints Voice were a good idea by the club as they wanted fans representation, sadly apart from a 2/3 individuals, most turned out to either be in it just for the kudos or found themselves overwhelmed by just what they were supposed to do.

I'm told they voted against having even a facebook page so they could actually ask the fans they represent what they want.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Liverpool fans... on 10:33 - Jan 18 with 799 viewsthis_charming_man

Liverpool fans... on 10:20 - Jan 18 by SaintNick

The Saints Voice were a good idea by the club as they wanted fans representation, sadly apart from a 2/3 individuals, most turned out to either be in it just for the kudos or found themselves overwhelmed by just what they were supposed to do.

I'm told they voted against having even a facebook page so they could actually ask the fans they represent what they want.

It was a good idea but a certain type of person would apply for it these days. I seem to remember when it first game out lots of the nominees wanted to push their own agendas by saying the. Represented miniority groups, Women, LGBTs, etc rather than actually wanting to sort the average fans issues like this.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Liverpool fans... on 11:45 - Jan 18 with 777 viewsChesham_Saint

Liverpool fans... on 15:51 - Jan 17 by solent_toffee

You had me at we all hate Liverpool.

The look at us, look at us, aren’t we great is sickening. Any other club and the police would be all over it and fans would be getting arrested left right and centre.

But it’s Liverpool who invented passion in football so they get a pass.

If Everton planned something similar in a few weeks for the derby, the very same police force would have a full on Operation Klopp and clamp down on it.

Ahh, but Toffs, it’s not a “religion” for Everton is it? No, it only really means something if it’s Man U or Liverpool. They properly care you see...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Liverpool fans... on 12:46 - Jan 18 with 749 viewssolent_toffee

Liverpool fans... on 11:45 - Jan 18 by Chesham_Saint

Ahh, but Toffs, it’s not a “religion” for Everton is it? No, it only really means something if it’s Man U or Liverpool. They properly care you see...

I think you’re getting religion and cult mixed up.

A scruffy, ugly, weirdo cult at that.
Liverpool fans... on 19:43 - Jan 19 with 693 viewsBlue

Liverpool fans... on 12:46 - Jan 18 by solent_toffee

I think you’re getting religion and cult mixed up.

A scruffy, ugly, weirdo cult at that.

Often said this.

They are the North Korea of the footballing world.

Still stood in the Kippax

Liverpool fans... on 09:10 - Jan 20 with 590 viewsfranniesTache

Liverpool fans... on 10:20 - Jan 18 by SaintNick

The problem with the Saints Voice is they basically only "represent" a tiny, tiny percentage of our fans, the percentage the club think are the most marketable and acceptable. The people involved in it also thought it meant they were "in charge" of our support and lorded it around as if they were special.

The only remotely normal one on there got kicked off because he didn't have an acceptable sense of humour, the ones that stayed are a mess, even encouraging the club to monitor their own fans.

Like you say in theory the Saints Voice was a good idea, the problem is the club don't actually want to listen to the voice of most of their fans, in fact i'm not convinced they actually want a lot of us there. Instead of lads going to games together for a laugh they want the kind of din that travels on the coach (or with the mong fest that is Nick Gregory's Saints Away Travel).

To be honest if we're going to keep the club in check then you need a group like SISA who were independent of the club and not so desperate to be "important" that they'd lick the clubs arse for recognition.
Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool fans... on 09:15 - Jan 20 with 582 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Liverpool fans... on 09:10 - Jan 20 by franniesTache

The problem with the Saints Voice is they basically only "represent" a tiny, tiny percentage of our fans, the percentage the club think are the most marketable and acceptable. The people involved in it also thought it meant they were "in charge" of our support and lorded it around as if they were special.

The only remotely normal one on there got kicked off because he didn't have an acceptable sense of humour, the ones that stayed are a mess, even encouraging the club to monitor their own fans.

Like you say in theory the Saints Voice was a good idea, the problem is the club don't actually want to listen to the voice of most of their fans, in fact i'm not convinced they actually want a lot of us there. Instead of lads going to games together for a laugh they want the kind of din that travels on the coach (or with the mong fest that is Nick Gregory's Saints Away Travel).

To be honest if we're going to keep the club in check then you need a group like SISA who were independent of the club and not so desperate to be "important" that they'd lick the clubs arse for recognition.

Of course they don't want normal lads there, that's been the case since Cortese hasn't it when he said he'd "remove that fan element from Saints support"? (Said on a pre-season tour)

Relegation would be the only thing to change that view now, when all the dins stop going and the support is lower on numbers.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Liverpool fans... on 09:29 - Jan 20 with 572 viewsfranniesTache

Liverpool fans... on 09:15 - Jan 20 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Of course they don't want normal lads there, that's been the case since Cortese hasn't it when he said he'd "remove that fan element from Saints support"? (Said on a pre-season tour)

Relegation would be the only thing to change that view now, when all the dins stop going and the support is lower on numbers.

He said that to Al didn't he? But it's probably been going back longer to be fair, Rupert Lowe said similar too.

The sad truth is that the club (and most clubs to be fair) want to see people in replica kits who clap politely and sing non offensive songs.

It's one of the reasons i'd prefer relegation in many cases. Like you say then the club rely on us because their "approved" support is fickle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024