Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick,is this right? 17:32 - Jan 17 with 2130 viewsgrumpy

Spurs have the whole of the Northam End for the Cup Tie.
Would any other Premier Club move so many of its most vocal fans to another part of the ground so as to give the away fans their end?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 17:35]
Nick,is this right? on 20:34 - Jan 18 with 421 viewsIngskneeslide

Nick,is this right? on 20:06 - Jan 18 by saint22

Very true it seemed oddly Wolves from the chapel
Next week will be even odder if it’s all spurs, why are they doing that??
Why not move them round the corner

For 👏 the 👏 billionth 👏 time 👏 they 👏 can’t 👏 move 👏 the 👏 away 👏 fans 👏 you 👏 lemon 🖕
Nick,is this right? on 20:45 - Jan 18 with 411 viewsdirk_doone

It's because our singing section, which is united in one big group at away games, has divided itself into 2 small groups stuck in the corners with the worst acoustics, where they are outnumbered and drowned out by the away fans. They think they are making themselves heard but the truth is the rest of the stadium hardly knows they are there.

100 fans singing directly behind the goal at either end would be heard far more clearly than 5 times that number tucked away in a corner where any sound is muffled. I've seen a few posts on here lately from fans in the Itchen North corner saying how good they think the noise they make is. Well, they may be able to hear themselves but their sound doesn't even travel past the halfway line. I listened out for them today and I think I just heard them once for a few seconds start OWTS but then they were totally drowned out by the Wolves fans behind the goal.

It's a bit like a singer hiding behind the curtain at the end of the stage ,where nobody will notice him, watching a singer stood centre stage, filling the hall with his voice. Nobody would be that stupid would they? Well.....
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 23:14]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Nick,is this right? on 21:08 - Jan 18 with 383 viewsgrumpy

Nick,is this right? on 20:45 - Jan 18 by dirk_doone

It's because our singing section, which is united in one big group at away games, has divided itself into 2 small groups stuck in the corners with the worst acoustics, where they are outnumbered and drowned out by the away fans. They think they are making themselves heard but the truth is the rest of the stadium hardly knows they are there.

100 fans singing directly behind the goal at either end would be heard far more clearly than 5 times that number tucked away in a corner where any sound is muffled. I've seen a few posts on here lately from fans in the Itchen North corner saying how good they think the noise they make is. Well, they may be able to hear themselves but their sound doesn't even travel past the halfway line. I listened out for them today and I think I just heard them once for a few seconds start OWTS but then they were totally drowned out by the Wolves fans behind the goal.

It's a bit like a singer hiding behind the curtain at the end of the stage ,where nobody will notice him, watching a singer stood centre stage, filling the hall with his voice. Nobody would be that stupid would they? Well.....
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 23:14]

That's a good point re acoustics,Dirk.
It's important that The Northam is a Home End and I don't care where the away fans go,its the Home fans that important.
Has anyone sat down with the Police recently to discuss how we could make The Northam a home end,I doubt it.
If the Wolves fans had a good day today imagine a whole Northam End full of Spurs fans, with our fans pushed into the corners.
Why should Saints fans in the Northam move to The Chaple or into Corners when a big support is expected its handing the Opposition an advantage before the ball is even kicked.
Nick,is this right? on 22:17 - Jan 18 with 355 viewsSaintsforeverj

I have a horrible feeling that the Spurs game will be a disaster. 5000 Spurs fans roaring on their team, whilst a few of our singers give up trying when the rest of the ground doesn't bother to join in. We will no doubt make a few changes with Gunn in goal and vokins etc. Spurs up for it as their only chance for a trophy. I can see a thrashing.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Nick,is this right? on 22:56 - Jan 18 with 335 viewsthis_charming_man

Nick,is this right? on 19:44 - Jan 18 by grumpy

Can someone tell me when it was made quite clear the Chapel End was to be the Home End?
I would like to some evidence of this,not saying it wasn't but I don't remember seeing any.

When we moved to st Mary’s pal. It was pretty obvious when they announced what blocks away fans would have. I found it quite weird at the time that saints fan decided to go for the northam rather than all in the chapel.

When you say you want evidence I think youlll be disappointed, any “announcement” would be 20 years old now and I can’t think too many people made much of a song and dance about where the away or home fans would be at st Mary’s 20 years ago, away fans being in the corner in only a recent phenomenon.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Nick,is this right? on 23:16 - Jan 18 with 326 viewscocklebreath

It’s a load of bollox, the early days at st Mary’s the place was rocking, I used to love being in the Northam end, unfortunately the gimps have taken over but thats the world we live in, they are everywhere.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Nick,is this right? on 23:17 - Jan 18 with 323 viewsA1079

Nick,is this right? on 22:17 - Jan 18 by Saintsforeverj

I have a horrible feeling that the Spurs game will be a disaster. 5000 Spurs fans roaring on their team, whilst a few of our singers give up trying when the rest of the ground doesn't bother to join in. We will no doubt make a few changes with Gunn in goal and vokins etc. Spurs up for it as their only chance for a trophy. I can see a thrashing.

Jose has a good cup record and he does take the cup competitions seriously and as you say, it is their best chance for a trophy. I think they will play a full first team squad. Also, Jose and Spurs got quite alot of stick after their defeat against us and I think they will be "up" for a bit of revenge.

Had we won today, possibly Ralph would have played a stronger side, but I fear now, he will want to protect some of his first team choices, so yes, to some extent I agree with you. I think we will play a largely second string side and I think we will be knocked out as a result. Spurs fans will be able to give good vocal support and it is somewhat annoying that the club seem to have given them some advantage (though I bow to those who have better knowledge that we had no choice with the number of tickets). A Home tie should be an advantage, but it seems that many of us feel it is not - possibly as much down to our poor home record and a lack of faith or confidence. Defend like we did today in the 2nd half and we could be well beaten.
Nick,is this right? on 23:17 - Jan 18 with 322 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Nick,is this right? on 23:16 - Jan 18 by cocklebreath

It’s a load of bollox, the early days at st Mary’s the place was rocking, I used to love being in the Northam end, unfortunately the gimps have taken over but thats the world we live in, they are everywhere.

Absolutely! I remember being at the back of block 42 with TCM, it was a sound place to be

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Login to get fewer ads

Nick,is this right? on 23:26 - Jan 18 with 317 viewscocklebreath

Nick,is this right? on 23:17 - Jan 18 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Absolutely! I remember being at the back of block 42 with TCM, it was a sound place to be

Block 42 Was the place to be. A couple of years ago I thought I’d go in the Northam again, I witnessed a fat mid 50’s bird watching the game through binoculars. Incandescent

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024