Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick,is this right? 17:32 - Jan 17 with 2125 viewsgrumpy

Spurs have the whole of the Northam End for the Cup Tie.
Would any other Premier Club move so many of its most vocal fans to another part of the ground so as to give the away fans their end?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 17:35]
Nick,is this right? on 18:43 - Jan 17 with 1635 viewsthis_charming_man

Not sure why you've addressed this thread to Nick when you can easily check yourself.

Yes they've given them 5,300 tickets, which will be pretty much all the northam. Not sure any other club does so much to look accommodate away fans whilst doing all they can to put their own off. Still, at least they'll make a few quid making Spurs guarantee the whole amount rather than risk our fans not selling them and that's what it's all about.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Nick,is this right? on 18:53 - Jan 17 with 1619 viewsgrumpy

Nick,is this right? on 18:43 - Jan 17 by this_charming_man

Not sure why you've addressed this thread to Nick when you can easily check yourself.

Yes they've given them 5,300 tickets, which will be pretty much all the northam. Not sure any other club does so much to look accommodate away fans whilst doing all they can to put their own off. Still, at least they'll make a few quid making Spurs guarantee the whole amount rather than risk our fans not selling them and that's what it's all about.

Nick is Editor of one of the biggest fan sites for Saints fans so its fair to ask him what he thinks of moving so many of our more vocal fans from their places for away fans to more or less dominate their end.
I have no doubt that Saints fans would have sold out this game without doing this.
Away fans can make a huge impact on a game as Saints have, so we have handed them a huge advantage.
We will lose money not make it doing this.
Nick,is this right? on 18:55 - Jan 17 with 1615 viewsthis_charming_man

Nick,is this right? on 18:53 - Jan 17 by grumpy

Nick is Editor of one of the biggest fan sites for Saints fans so its fair to ask him what he thinks of moving so many of our more vocal fans from their places for away fans to more or less dominate their end.
I have no doubt that Saints fans would have sold out this game without doing this.
Away fans can make a huge impact on a game as Saints have, so we have handed them a huge advantage.

If they'd given them the same amount but put them in one of the corners would it have made a difference?

Nick,is this right? on 18:57 - Jan 17 with 1604 viewsgrumpy

Nick,is this right? on 18:55 - Jan 17 by this_charming_man

If they'd given them the same amount but put them in one of the corners would it have made a difference?

Yes
Nick,is this right? on 19:02 - Jan 17 with 1593 viewsBuggalugs

Nick,is this right? on 18:57 - Jan 17 by grumpy

Yes

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Nick,is this right? on 19:16 - Jan 17 with 1562 viewshedgeend61

Nick,is this right? on 18:53 - Jan 17 by grumpy

We have to give them 15% (around 5000 tickets), where else could we put that many?
They'd hardly squeeze that many into a corner, would they?

We may sell out, though looking unlikely as no block is sold out yet @ £10 tickets for S/T and members, now £20 on general which is still cheap tbf.
That's not knocking the fans, it's just the FA Cup is not what it used to be, 30 years back we'd have sold out in days at full prices.

How will we lose money? We may not sell our 27000, they'll sell all theirs easy.
Nick,is this right? on 19:29 - Jan 17 with 1531 viewsBuggalugs

Nick,is this right? on 19:16 - Jan 17 by hedgeend61

We have to give them 15% (around 5000 tickets), where else could we put that many?

We may sell out, though looking unlikely as no block is sold out yet @ £10 tickets for S/T and members, now £20 on general which is still cheap tbf.
That's not knocking the fans, it's just the FA Cup is not what it used to be, 30 years back we'd have sold out in days at full prices.

How will we lose money? We may not sell our 27000, they'll sell all theirs easy.

We should put 1325 in each corner. That’d stop them getting any noise going and give us 2 home kops.

Nick,is this right? on 19:31 - Jan 17 with 1528 viewsPatfromPoole

As somebody who started off a thread on this issue on Monday night when the ticket news was known, even I am getting a bit bored with the number of threads on this.

I’m just staggered there are still seats available in the Itchen North. I had presumed that Northam ST holders would have snapped all the seats up the moment they went on sale. Maybe they really are going to start up a Chapel Kop after all.....
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 19:32]

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Login to get fewer ads

Nick,is this right?😝😝 on 19:56 - Jan 17 with 1479 viewsgrumpy

We will lose money because they will create the atmosphere,ours will be confined to the corners unless the Chaple bursts into life.The atmosphere has likely been surrendered and with it very likely the tie.
Nick,is this right? on 20:21 - Jan 17 with 1435 viewsthis_charming_man

I don’t ever remember us giving any away club 5,300. Yes we have to give 15%, that’s rules for the FA cup but previous it’s always been been the 15% which is 4,800. It’s only 500 I know but better to have 500 home fans than away fans.

Nick,is this right?😝😝 on 20:24 - Jan 17 with 1427 viewshedgeend61

Nick,is this right?😝😝 on 19:56 - Jan 17 by grumpy

We will lose money because they will create the atmosphere,ours will be confined to the corners unless the Chaple bursts into life.The atmosphere has likely been surrendered and with it very likely the tie.

I'm a bit confused about how them creating an atmosphere will lose us money, the last time they brought down 5000 was in 2003, they got battered 4-0.

I was at Leicester last Saturday, our ticket office said we could have 1000 in the corner, thanks for that, Leicester had 31000, 2 Kops and the clappers who decided to press the mute button once we equalised.
Nick,is this right?😝😝 on 20:30 - Jan 17 with 1413 viewsthis_charming_man

Nick,is this right?😝😝 on 20:24 - Jan 17 by hedgeend61

I'm a bit confused about how them creating an atmosphere will lose us money, the last time they brought down 5000 was in 2003, they got battered 4-0.

I was at Leicester last Saturday, our ticket office said we could have 1000 in the corner, thanks for that, Leicester had 31000, 2 Kops and the clappers who decided to press the mute button once we equalised.

just imagine how many we’d have won by if our fans were behind the goal!

Nick,is this right? on 20:34 - Jan 17 with 1406 viewsHappy_Jack

I don't understand why the coonts have been given 500 more tickets than they're entitled too. As for the rest of it who cares we still have home advantage

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Nick,is this right? on 20:42 - Jan 17 with 1386 viewshedgeend61

Nick,is this right? on 20:21 - Jan 17 by this_charming_man

I don’t ever remember us giving any away club 5,300. Yes we have to give 15%, that’s rules for the FA cup but previous it’s always been been the 15% which is 4,800. It’s only 500 I know but better to have 500 home fans than away fans.

You're right, don't think we have, just think really it's just the ballache of segregating half the Northam concourse for say 10% Saints fans in that end, you'll have to ask the Ticket office I guess for their reasons. They'll probably say we're unlikely to sell all ours so it make £sense, they're like that.

At £10 a ticket, cheap as chips, i thought we'd shift 27000 by today, alas no plenty left now on general sale.
Trouble is many S/T holders can't be bothered with the expense of Cup games, Managers don't take it seriously till the later rounds, and the FA Cup has lost a lot of its magic from years gone by, shame really.
Nick,is this right?😝😝 on 20:54 - Jan 17 with 1367 viewsgrumpy

Nick,is this right?😝😝 on 20:30 - Jan 17 by this_charming_man

just imagine how many we’d have won by if our fans were behind the goal!

Works for Liverpool.
Nick,is this right?😝😝 on 21:59 - Jan 17 with 1308 viewsthis_charming_man

Nick,is this right?😝😝 on 20:54 - Jan 17 by grumpy

Works for Liverpool.

away fans are behind the goal at anfield.

Nick,is this right? on 21:59 - Jan 17 with 1307 viewscocklebreath

Just got 4 tickets, thought it would be close to selling out, nowhere near. Shame. I don’t see why we can’t go with a full strength side, relegation is very unlikely especially if we beat wolves tomorrow, think Ralph might fancy a cup run.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Nick,is this right?😝😝 on 22:12 - Jan 17 with 1298 viewsBuggalugs

Nick,is this right?😝😝 on 21:59 - Jan 17 by this_charming_man

away fans are behind the goal at anfield.

As they are at multiple league champions Man City

Nick,is this right?😝😝 on 23:03 - Jan 17 with 1253 viewsMushty

Nick,is this right?😝😝 on 20:24 - Jan 17 by hedgeend61

For the record, they only had half the Northam in 2003 - 3,000 gobby coonts watching their side get taken apart, a few tried to get on the pitch when the forth went in. Happy days.
Nick,is this right?😝😝 on 23:19 - Jan 17 with 1235 viewshedgeend61

Nick,is this right?😝😝 on 23:03 - Jan 17 by Mushty

For the record, they only had half the Northam in 2003 - 3,000 gobby coonts watching their side get taken apart, a few tried to get on the pitch when the forth went in. Happy days.

Apologies, you're spot on, it was 3000, the crowd was well short of capacity, 25,589, perhaps because of later KO and live on BBC(I think)

Nick,is this right? on 09:34 - Jan 18 with 1069 viewsSaintNick

The fact of the matter is when St Mary's opened it was made quite clear that the Northam End was the away end and the Chapel the Home end and that this being the case when we played cup ties that the away club would get another couple of thousand seats in that end, in line with the rules for cup competitions that say you have to give a higher percentage of tickets to away clubs than in the Premier League.

Some Saints fans preferred to go in the Northam because they wanted to be able to goad the away fans etc.

Over the years this has been the case whenever we have played a cup game at home where the away team wants the full allocation.

The stadium was designed to have the away fans in that corner so they could easily isolate them and their coaches etc if the need arose.

To move the away fans is not logistical to any other part of the stadium due to a variety of reasons, including access (for both home and away fans), transport and policing.

This has been the case for nearly 20 years now, the solution is simple those in the Northam could move to the Chapel and the problem is solved without any hassles.

All clubs have to displace fans for cup ties, some are vocal areas some are not

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Nick,is this right? on 10:34 - Jan 18 with 1027 viewsdarthvader

Nick,is this right? on 09:34 - Jan 18 by SaintNick

The fact of the matter is when St Mary's opened it was made quite clear that the Northam End was the away end and the Chapel the Home end and that this being the case when we played cup ties that the away club would get another couple of thousand seats in that end, in line with the rules for cup competitions that say you have to give a higher percentage of tickets to away clubs than in the Premier League.

Some Saints fans preferred to go in the Northam because they wanted to be able to goad the away fans etc.

Over the years this has been the case whenever we have played a cup game at home where the away team wants the full allocation.

The stadium was designed to have the away fans in that corner so they could easily isolate them and their coaches etc if the need arose.

To move the away fans is not logistical to any other part of the stadium due to a variety of reasons, including access (for both home and away fans), transport and policing.

This has been the case for nearly 20 years now, the solution is simple those in the Northam could move to the Chapel and the problem is solved without any hassles.

It matters not anyway, it just means more of them NLY. will be crying into their vlogs

keep the faith coyr

Nick,is this right? on 19:44 - Jan 18 with 928 viewsgrumpy

Nick,is this right? on 09:34 - Jan 18 by SaintNick

Can someone tell me when it was made quite clear the Chapel End was to be the Home End?
I would like to some evidence of this,not saying it wasn't but I don't remember seeing any.
Nick,is this right? on 20:00 - Jan 18 with 915 viewsdirk_doone

Nick,is this right? on 19:44 - Jan 18 by grumpy

Can someone tell me when it was made quite clear the Chapel End was to be the Home End?
I would like to some evidence of this,not saying it wasn't but I don't remember seeing any.

We didn't have a home end today. Wolves fans totally bossed it and were the only ones having any real influence on either the players or the ref. How many times did they sing our song a lot louder and better than we did? If only we had that many fans singing behind the goal.

My days of standing behind the goal singing are in the past but there were a few fans around me today grumbling about our singing section not being behind the goal. There will probably be a lot more grumbling next Saturday after hearing the whole of Northam end filled with Spurs fans belting out OWTS.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 20:04]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Nick,is this right? on 20:06 - Jan 18 with 902 viewssaint22

Nick,is this right? on 20:00 - Jan 18 by dirk_doone

We didn't have a home end today. Wolves fans totally bossed it and were the only ones having any real influence on either the players or the ref. How many times did they sing our song a lot louder and better than we did? If only we had that many fans singing behind the goal.

My days of standing behind the goal singing are in the past but there were a few fans around me today grumbling about our singing section not being behind the goal. There will probably be a lot more grumbling next Saturday after hearing the whole of Northam end filled with Spurs fans belting out OWTS.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 20:04]

Very true it seemed oddly Wolves from the chapel
Next week will be even odder if it’s all spurs, why are they doing that??
Why not move them round the corner
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024