Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election 13:13 - Jan 18 with 1457 viewsOccasional_Showers

I've had an email from the union saying I qualify to vote as an affiliated member.

Do I vote for Keir which will annoy ITYS or do I vote for Long Bailey to make them unelectable in 2025?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 09:17 - Jan 25 with 1071 viewsOccasional_Showers

Hello,

Thank you for applying to become a Labour Party affiliated supporter - shaping our party's future direction is both an opportunity and a responsibility - thank you for choosing to be part of it.

This email confirms that we have received your application, and will begin to process it, beginning with checking with your affiliated organisation that you're a member and matching you to the electoral register.

As soon as your application has been processed, we'll be in touch again to confirm your affiliated supporter status.

Thank you again for wanting to be part of the Labour Party.

Best wishes,

Jennie Formby
General Secretary of the Labour Party

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election (n/t) on 10:05 - Jan 25 with 1040 viewsDellHero

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 09:17 - Jan 25 by Occasional_Showers

Hello,

Thank you for applying to become a Labour Party affiliated supporter - shaping our party's future direction is both an opportunity and a responsibility - thank you for choosing to be part of it.

This email confirms that we have received your application, and will begin to process it, beginning with checking with your affiliated organisation that you're a member and matching you to the electoral register.

As soon as your application has been processed, we'll be in touch again to confirm your affiliated supporter status.

Thank you again for wanting to be part of the Labour Party.

Best wishes,

Jennie Formby
General Secretary of the Labour Party

[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 6:08]
As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 10:07 - Jan 25 with 1037 viewsOccasional_Showers

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election (n/t) on 10:05 - Jan 25 by DellHero

You seem to Marcus.

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election (n/t) on 10:11 - Jan 25 with 1033 viewsDellHero

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 10:07 - Jan 25 by Occasional_Showers

You seem to Marcus.

[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 6:09]
As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 10:42 - Jan 25 with 1023 viewsgreen

Whatever your political position I think you need a decent opposition to make the government accountable, unfortunately I can’t see that happening with any of those candidates though.
As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 11:06 - Jan 25 with 1013 viewsChesham_Saint

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election (n/t) on 10:05 - Jan 25 by DellHero

I do, I mean, whatever happened to ITYS?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 15:44 - Jan 25 with 954 viewsOccasional_Showers

It’s a tough call between voting for Long Bailey to most help the Tories, or voting for Keir Starmer to annoy the fanatical far left sect. Nandy is a no no I’m afraid as she lisps and has a deformed mouth/chin.

I’m going for Long Bailey.

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 01:14 - Jan 26 with 871 views1885_SFC

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 15:44 - Jan 25 by Occasional_Showers

It’s a tough call between voting for Long Bailey to most help the Tories, or voting for Keir Starmer to annoy the fanatical far left sect. Nandy is a no no I’m afraid as she lisps and has a deformed mouth/chin.

I’m going for Long Bailey.

Reel 'em in OS !

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 02:23 - Jan 26 with 864 viewsScoot

Even if your not a labour supporter don't you want a strong opposition to keep your party in check? It's a slippery slope from there if you don't. It means you move closer & closer to a dictatorship like what's happening in America. Whether you you're the party that's in or not it makes no difference you need strong opposition or else the party that's in will run around doing as they please, say suppressing russian reports or paying woman for sex with public funds. Weak opposition allows this to happen.

Poll: Should NJ go?

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 03:13 - Jan 26 with 860 viewsBicester_North

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 02:23 - Jan 26 by Scoot

Even if your not a labour supporter don't you want a strong opposition to keep your party in check? It's a slippery slope from there if you don't. It means you move closer & closer to a dictatorship like what's happening in America. Whether you you're the party that's in or not it makes no difference you need strong opposition or else the party that's in will run around doing as they please, say suppressing russian reports or paying woman for sex with public funds. Weak opposition allows this to happen.

How is America a dictatorship?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 05:23 - Jan 28 with 772 viewsScoot

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 03:13 - Jan 26 by Bicester_North

How is America a dictatorship?

Is this a joke?
Putting your family in positions of power.
Vilifying the press.
Constantly lying about things you've done or haven't done.
Allowing your own people to be attacked. (Kashoggi)
Selling your troops as a product for hire.
Doing business deals with foreign countries to make money for your family.
Ignoring the emoluments agreement.
Threatening to withhold aid in aid to get dirt on your political rivals.
Alienating your allies in favour of other dictators (Putin, Modi, Bolsanaro, kim Jong un) by the way boris is at this as well.
Theres loads of other things but I can't think straight of the top of my head.

Poll: Should NJ go?

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 07:43 - Jan 28 with 730 viewsgeezershoong1

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 05:23 - Jan 28 by Scoot

Is this a joke?
Vilifying the press.
Alienating your allies in favour of other dictators (Putin, Modi, Bolsanaro, kim Jong un) by the way boris is at this as well.

That's just US politics mate...

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 08:25 - Jan 28 with 716 viewsBicester_North

Is this a joke?
Vilifying the press.

i suppose it’s standard for boring halfwits to think they are political dynamos across social media platforms these days, but what annoys me is the complete misuse of terms like dictatorship.
The likes of you throwing this term about (like the thick c*nt you are) undermines and trivialises the horrors people have been through under real dictatorships throughout history.

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 09:29 - Jan 28 with 690 viewsDorsetIan

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 08:25 - Jan 28 by Bicester_North

i suppose it’s standard for boring halfwits to think they are political dynamos across social media platforms these days, but what annoys me is the complete misuse of terms like dictatorship.
The likes of you throwing this term about (like the thick c*nt you are) undermines and trivialises the horrors people have been through under real dictatorships throughout history.

You complain about the misuse of the term 'dictatorship' but you are mischaracterising what Scoot said which was this...

"It means you move closer & closer to a dictatorship like what's happening in America."

Moving closer to being a dictatorship is not the same as being a dictatorship.

While I agree with you that America is not yet a dictatorship, there is a genuine fear among many people that Trump is moving it in that direction. Essentially because Trump has no interest in maintaining the careful balance of power between the various branches of the government that the framers of the American constitution were careful to put in place. He thinks he should be able to do what he wants and, given how craven the Republican party seems to be at the moment, without the Democrats, that would be the case. Scoot's main point was about the importance of a decent opposition.

And you might reply that America is a democracy and therefore nothing like a dictatorship and not heading in that direction, but look at Russia. On paper that is a democracy, but would you disagree with Putin being labelled a dictator?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 09:58 - Jan 28 with 676 viewsBicester_North

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 09:29 - Jan 28 by DorsetIan

You complain about the misuse of the term 'dictatorship' but you are mischaracterising what Scoot said which was this...

"It means you move closer & closer to a dictatorship like what's happening in America."

Moving closer to being a dictatorship is not the same as being a dictatorship.

While I agree with you that America is not yet a dictatorship, there is a genuine fear among many people that Trump is moving it in that direction. Essentially because Trump has no interest in maintaining the careful balance of power between the various branches of the government that the framers of the American constitution were careful to put in place. He thinks he should be able to do what he wants and, given how craven the Republican party seems to be at the moment, without the Democrats, that would be the case. Scoot's main point was about the importance of a decent opposition.

And you might reply that America is a democracy and therefore nothing like a dictatorship and not heading in that direction, but look at Russia. On paper that is a democracy, but would you disagree with Putin being labelled a dictator?

No, I questioned how America was currently a dictatorship, he or she asked me if that was a joke and gave me a list of reasons why he/she thinks it is.

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 10:05 - Jan 28 with 667 viewsDorsetIan

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 09:58 - Jan 28 by Bicester_North

No, I questioned how America was currently a dictatorship, he or she asked me if that was a joke and gave me a list of reasons why he/she thinks it is.

Would you agree that all the things he listed were pretty good reasons to worry that America might be becoming a dictatorship?

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 10:32 - Jan 28 with 655 viewsBicester_North

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 10:05 - Jan 28 by DorsetIan

Would you agree that all the things he listed were pretty good reasons to worry that America might be becoming a dictatorship?

You’ve moved the goalposts. America has always been f*cked up politically, and is a mass of contradictions and shady, nefarious things goings on at the highest level no matter who the president has been. Trump seems to be more blatant about it than most, but they’ve all done it. There is no way it’s a dictatorship though, that’s the bottom line.

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 10:36 - Jan 28 with 651 viewsBison

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 10:05 - Jan 28 by DorsetIan

You say earlier there is genuine fear America could become a Dictatorship , amongst who ? I presume you are worried so one of these worriers . So what is the process that will need to happen for this to come about ?

I can think of 2 things , he must win next election then abolish the 2 term law. Then he must ban the Democratic Party , what's the next steps ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 10:42 - Jan 28 with 647 viewsDorsetIan

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 10:32 - Jan 28 by Bicester_North

You’ve moved the goalposts. America has always been f*cked up politically, and is a mass of contradictions and shady, nefarious things goings on at the highest level no matter who the president has been. Trump seems to be more blatant about it than most, but they’ve all done it. There is no way it’s a dictatorship though, that’s the bottom line.

Actually you moved the goalposts when he said it was becoming a dictatorship and you responded as if he'd said it was a dictatorship!...but anyway...

I agree with what you say about the shadyness of US politics and hopefully you are right and Trump is just an extreme example of that.

Personally, I am not so sure. I think he is qualitative different to all who have gone before, that he has absolutely no respect for the US constitution and that he would much prefer it if he could become like his friends Vladimir and Kim.

Time will tell.

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 12:48 - Jan 28 with 613 viewsDorsetIan

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 10:36 - Jan 28 by Bison

You say earlier there is genuine fear America could become a Dictatorship , amongst who ? I presume you are worried so one of these worriers . So what is the process that will need to happen for this to come about ?

I can think of 2 things , he must win next election then abolish the 2 term law. Then he must ban the Democratic Party , what's the next steps ?

Well, for example, Bill Maher has been saying for as long as I've been watching him that he genuinely worries that Trump will just refuse to leave if he is voted out.

I have always thought that the US constitution was more robust and harder to demolish than, say, the institutions of Weimar Germany and I hope I'm right about that.

The process is usually threefold isn't it (1) control the judiciary (2) control the legislature and (3) rig the elections.

I take it that you see it differently which is fair enough, but when I look at Trump, I don't see a man trying to uphold the principles of the US constitution. I see a man trying to obtain and assert personal power. Therefore I cheer anyone who is trying to make him play by the rules.

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 14:31 - Jan 28 with 603 viewsBison

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 12:48 - Jan 28 by DorsetIan

Well, for example, Bill Maher has been saying for as long as I've been watching him that he genuinely worries that Trump will just refuse to leave if he is voted out.

I have always thought that the US constitution was more robust and harder to demolish than, say, the institutions of Weimar Germany and I hope I'm right about that.

The process is usually threefold isn't it (1) control the judiciary (2) control the legislature and (3) rig the elections.

I take it that you see it differently which is fair enough, but when I look at Trump, I don't see a man trying to uphold the principles of the US constitution. I see a man trying to obtain and assert personal power. Therefore I cheer anyone who is trying to make him play by the rules.

Quoting a a comedian as your source is not a good source but he is game I watched a program where God was annoyed at him and got his penis to explode. Quite good actually Miracle workers starring Steve Buscemi as god , bit far fetched......

You need 2/3rds of both houses to pass an act to change the 22nd Amendment and then 3/4 of all the states as well (37) . I expect you would need the army behind you as well to enforce your bid for dictatorship.

I'm not being funny DI but when you suggest this sort of thing it does seem a bit project fear. Do you believe that the USA could become a dictatorship under Trump or do you just hate the man so much and think he's so powerful he could actually achieve it ? There have been attempts by senators to suggest amending The 22A but funnily enough never under Trump.

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 16:11 - Jan 28 with 583 viewsDorsetIan

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 14:31 - Jan 28 by Bison

Quoting a a comedian as your source is not a good source but he is game I watched a program where God was annoyed at him and got his penis to explode. Quite good actually Miracle workers starring Steve Buscemi as god , bit far fetched......

You need 2/3rds of both houses to pass an act to change the 22nd Amendment and then 3/4 of all the states as well (37) . I expect you would need the army behind you as well to enforce your bid for dictatorship.

I'm not being funny DI but when you suggest this sort of thing it does seem a bit project fear. Do you believe that the USA could become a dictatorship under Trump or do you just hate the man so much and think he's so powerful he could actually achieve it ? There have been attempts by senators to suggest amending The 22A but funnily enough never under Trump.

As I said in my previous email, my instinct is that the US Constitution is robust enough to survive someone like Trump. So fundamentally I don't believe it is likely that it could become a full blown dictatorship.

But that doesn't mean I have to give Trump a free pass. Even if I don't think he will succeed, I can still hate the fact that he would if he could and that some of the things he does take the US in that general direction.

And you are wrong to think that hating him comes first. I think he is contemptible precisely because of his disregard for all the things which make the US good. All this 'drain the swamp' stuff, all the personal criticism of judges and diplomats who disagree with him. He openly behaves as a bully and a gangster, and anyone else doing that would rightly be criticised.

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 17:54 - Jan 28 with 546 viewsJaySaint

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 16:11 - Jan 28 by DorsetIan

As I said in my previous email, my instinct is that the US Constitution is robust enough to survive someone like Trump. So fundamentally I don't believe it is likely that it could become a full blown dictatorship.

But that doesn't mean I have to give Trump a free pass. Even if I don't think he will succeed, I can still hate the fact that he would if he could and that some of the things he does take the US in that general direction.

And you are wrong to think that hating him comes first. I think he is contemptible precisely because of his disregard for all the things which make the US good. All this 'drain the swamp' stuff, all the personal criticism of judges and diplomats who disagree with him. He openly behaves as a bully and a gangster, and anyone else doing that would rightly be criticised.

he sounds just like corbyn's lot

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 01:31 - Jan 29 with 498 viewsBison

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 16:11 - Jan 28 by DorsetIan

Reluctant facts then a rant, jeez , we are doomed

As I have a vote in the Labour leadership election on 04:34 - Jan 29 with 486 viewsBuenosSaint

Is this a joke?
Vilifying the press.

Just a q on your second to last point.
How exactly is Modi a dictator?

Poll: The Long Future

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024