Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disappointing but not the end of the world. 23:07 - Jan 18 with 685 viewsA1079

Today showed what we can do and how good we can be when we are focused and concentrate and get stuck in. On the whole our first half performance was satisfying but I did have that strange feeling that we would need a third goal. Once Wolves scored, I felt we were under threat and just knew in my heart of hearts that they would equalise and the momentum was with them. But before they got their second (which was a penalty in my view) we had chances to make it 3-1 and had we done that, I think we would have gone on and won. Redmond does alot of good work, but his conversion, final ball and finishing really does need to improve.

As good as we have been recently (and pretty solid), the 2nd half exposed our frailties again and that is a lesson to all, as I feared, a few good results does not suddenly mean everything is alright and it concerns me that the noises in the last week seem to suggest that we don't need to look any further. We were very loose at times in midfield and at the back in the 2nd half.

It will be important to get something at Palace, even if it is just a point as the next league game after that is of course, Liverpool away. But, Palace are a difficult side to break down, as even Man City discovered today.

Losing a 2 goal lead and conceding 3 in a 45 minute spell is never good, but as long as we use it to rid any potential complacency then it won't be a disaster. I have feared that as much as the Leicester result at home in October seemed to cajole the manager and team into action I have feared that there has been too much noise since our result away to Leicester leading to people thinking that everything is alright. I prefer us to go quietly about our business and only start shouting when we have achieved our goals.

Not the end of the world today, but still lots of work to do and a message to Ralph and the board - if you know there is someone out there that will help the squad, then don't try and risk getting across the line.

Disappointing but not the end of the world. on 23:14 - Jan 18 with 677 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

As I said earlier ... "it is Saints" ... anything thinking the team would be unbeaten for so long is deluded. Good game, they were better, Saints need to buy in some reinforcements/competition for places. Case closed.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Disappointing but not the end of the world. on 23:24 - Jan 18 with 672 viewsA1079

Disappointing but not the end of the world. on 23:14 - Jan 18 by Gennaro_Contaldo

As I said earlier ... "it is Saints" ... anything thinking the team would be unbeaten for so long is deluded. Good game, they were better, Saints need to buy in some reinforcements/competition for places. Case closed.

Agree Gennaro. I am one the world's worst pessimists and I did not share in this view that suddenly everything was alright. Until we are mathematically safe, we are not safe and besides we should not be looking to just get across the line we should be striving for the highest possible finish. I am not suggesting we did not try today as clearly we did and we had chances to wrap the game up, but we were back to some of our sloppiness - especially in that 2nd half.
Disappointing but not the end of the world. on 08:26 - Jan 19 with 558 viewssaint22

As always a good post but the way the team and heads dropped as that first goal went in you knew there was only one winner
We have to strengthen at the back, failure to do so is negligent at best
Disappointing but not the end of the world. on 08:30 - Jan 19 with 550 viewsIngskneeslide

Disappointing but not the end of the world. on 08:26 - Jan 19 by saint22

As always a good post but the way the team and heads dropped as that first goal went in you knew there was only one winner
We have to strengthen at the back, failure to do so is negligent at best

Not true. Redmond hit the bar and I think we had another good opportunity to score before they got their second. One of them goes in and it would’ve been game over and your evening would’ve been ruined.
Disappointing but not the end of the world. on 09:51 - Jan 19 with 481 viewssaint22

Disappointing but not the end of the world. on 08:30 - Jan 19 by Ingskneeslide

Not true. Redmond hit the bar and I think we had another good opportunity to score before they got their second. One of them goes in and it would’ve been game over and your evening would’ve been ruined.

Yes we did have chances, Stephens header grazing the post and boufal right at the end but you just knew the first goal after HT was make or break
And just because I want us to win and not make the same mistakes doesn’t mean I support another team you imbecile, it’s called. A winners mentality something a loser like you won’t get
Disappointing but not the end of the world. on 10:05 - Jan 19 with 463 viewsIngskneeslide

Disappointing but not the end of the world. on 09:51 - Jan 19 by saint22

Yes we did have chances, Stephens header grazing the post and boufal right at the end but you just knew the first goal after HT was make or break
And just because I want us to win and not make the same mistakes doesn’t mean I support another team you imbecile, it’s called. A winners mentality something a loser like you won’t get

“A winners mentality”

You shît yourself at every setback you quivering gland, how is that a winners mentality?
Disappointing but not the end of the world. on 10:47 - Jan 19 with 424 viewsthis_charming_man

When are you next on night shift so you can pretend you’re in the US again?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Disappointing but not the end of the world. on 12:07 - Jan 19 with 388 viewsBicester_North

Hey Ben, pay attention to your under 2’s training session instead of typing dross on here! A couple of the little guys have probably failed to hold the defensive line effectively while you were typing that!

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

Disappointing but not the end of the world. on 12:35 - Jan 19 with 373 viewskingslandstand1

Disappointing but not the end of the world. on 23:24 - Jan 18 by A1079

Agree Gennaro. I am one the world's worst pessimists and I did not share in this view that suddenly everything was alright. Until we are mathematically safe, we are not safe and besides we should not be looking to just get across the line we should be striving for the highest possible finish. I am not suggesting we did not try today as clearly we did and we had chances to wrap the game up, but we were back to some of our sloppiness - especially in that 2nd half.

Once our 2nd went in we all said we need 3 and then it would have been we need 4 providing there's on;ly about 5 mins to go

As Genaro said, "this is Saints" and what we love about them
Disappointing but not the end of the world. on 12:38 - Jan 19 with 369 viewsWinchesterExile

Thought Wolves were a good team. Much the best we've played against for some while. They'll do well this season - 6th/7th/8th and wouldn't be surprised if they nicked 5th.
Disappointing but not the end of the world. on 12:40 - Jan 19 with 368 viewskingslandstand1

Disappointing but not the end of the world. on 12:38 - Jan 19 by WinchesterExile

Thought Wolves were a good team. Much the best we've played against for some while. They'll do well this season - 6th/7th/8th and wouldn't be surprised if they nicked 5th.

As long as that is at the expense of Spurs or Man Utd
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 12:41]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024