Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ignore The Rumours ! Sit Back And Wait ! 10:25 - Jan 20 with 969 viewsSaintsNews

Ignore The Rumours ! Sit Back And Wait ! 20th Jan 2020 10:22
Some Saints fans melting down to after Ralph Hasenhuttl dared to hint that the need to spend in the transfer window was not so desperate, add to that a home defeat and the panic button was being pressed by some. 11

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Ignore The Rumours ! Sit Back And Wait ! on 14:19 - Jan 20 with 813 viewsthis_charming_man

The spin is now coming out how we don't need anyone now.

It's strange how when we lost to Leciester there was a large article in the Telegraph about how we would bring in a director of football, a player trading expert and address the immediate issues at centre back and full back.

For the last month in every interview we've had Ralph categorically state that we have to be active in the transfer market.

Now it's a compete 180 and we don't need to do anything really.

SAme old sh*t

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Ignore The Rumours ! Sit Back And Wait ! on 14:50 - Jan 20 with 779 viewssaint22

Ignore The Rumours ! Sit Back And Wait ! on 14:19 - Jan 20 by this_charming_man

It's strange how when we lost to Leciester there was a large article in the Telegraph about how we would bring in a director of football, a player trading expert and address the immediate issues at centre back and full back.

For the last month in every interview we've had Ralph categorically state that we have to be active in the transfer market.

SAme old sh*t

Blimey I could have written that TCM!

Oh and now I read Bednarek is a doubt for tomorrow but never mind we dont need any new CBs just bring in Jannik......
Ignore The Rumours ! Sit Back And Wait ! on 15:35 - Jan 20 with 749 viewsSonicBoom

I think as Nick says, you need to look beyond the spin.
If Ralph pooped up in the national press and said "we are absolutely desparate for a quality central defender" we would all wonder if he'd lost his mind. Any selling club would immediately whack up the price and any player would make bigger wage demands. We have to at least try to pretend that we can take it or leave it.
Doesn't really matter what Ralph says - judge him on what he actually does.
Ignore The Rumours ! Sit Back And Wait ! on 15:43 - Jan 20 with 740 viewsthis_charming_man

Ignore The Rumours ! Sit Back And Wait ! on 15:35 - Jan 20 by SonicBoom

I think as Nick says, you need to look beyond the spin.
If Ralph pooped up in the national press and said "we are absolutely desparate for a quality central defender" we would all wonder if he'd lost his mind. Any selling club would immediately whack up the price and any player would make bigger wage demands. We have to at least try to pretend that we can take it or leave it.
Doesn't really matter what Ralph says - judge him on what he actually does.

He's done that for the 4 weeks before last week, not sure what's changed.

Also clubs are stupid, agents will be in talking to them, players will be agitating for moves. It makes naff all difference what is said to the media, everyone knows who is looking for what
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 15:51]

Ignore The Rumours ! Sit Back And Wait ! on 16:18 - Jan 20 with 704 viewsA1079

We are doing what we have been doing for the last 3 seasons or so - trying to muddle by, trying to get over the line. Long before this transfer window and when people were saying we just need to get to January and then we can strengthen squad, I never believed for one minute we would seriously do anything in this transfer window even if we were languishing in the bottom 3. Nothing to do with rumours etc or recent comments to the press, I had already made my mind up.

Now, I do see the points about not just buying someone for buying sake and I do accept that the January transfer window is fraught with risks in terms of what quality is out there, at what price and will they make a difference. Some recent acquisitions in this window have bitten us severely in the proverbial. It is not whether we buy anyone of note in this window, the bigger question remains, why did we not do what we needed to do in the summer and the summer before that, which has only served to make the job of this manager and the previous ones more difficult and the tendency for the fans to hang on in, hoping that a January transfer window will herald a new dawn?

But, what I hate most of all, is the pretence and the kidology adopted by the club management team, thinking that we will just swallow whatever comes out - which all too often, is not actually that much.

What has happened to our DoF? Has he actually taken up post now? I assume he has.

I have been delighted with the way the team have played recently but Saturday showed how frail and thin that squad is and how quickly it can lapse back into the ways which blighted the start of this season and much of the previous season. I don't know whether the recent positive results have been a green light for the club not to strengthen or not - it may be gamesmanship, but I suspect not, as in my first para, I actually don't think there has been any real intention in any case to do much this window - I don't think it is based on recent results. If we had recognised as a club how much we needed to strengthen, then the preparation etc would have all been in place before the start of the window and I don't sense that that is the case.

I could be totally wrong of course, but "gut feeling" for what it is worth, is that, what we have now is what we will have until the close season.
Ignore The Rumours ! Sit Back And Wait ! on 16:53 - Jan 20 with 668 viewsNumber_58

Presumably the reason we won't be bringing in anyone of any note is cos we're flat broke, haemorrhaging crazy money every week on the extortionate wages of players who aren't even playing for us - Carillo, Elyounoussi, Lemina, Hoedt, Forster (I gather we're still paying FF more than 70 grand a week). Until we get that lot off the wage bill, or offload a few of our more valuable assets, it's highly unlikely we'll see any significant signings anytime soon. I don't know for sure but I wonder if the parlous state of our finances is the reason the club won't even risk losing a few grand on unsold away tickets.
Ignore The Rumours ! Sit Back And Wait ! on 17:12 - Jan 20 with 650 viewsthis_charming_man

Ignore The Rumours ! Sit Back And Wait ! on 16:53 - Jan 20 by Number_58

Presumably the reason we won't be bringing in anyone of any note is cos we're flat broke, haemorrhaging crazy money every week on the extortionate wages of players who aren't even playing for us - Carillo, Elyounoussi, Lemina, Hoedt, Forster (I gather we're still paying FF more than 70 grand a week). Until we get that lot off the wage bill, or offload a few of our more valuable assets, it's highly unlikely we'll see any significant signings anytime soon. I don't know for sure but I wonder if the parlous state of our finances is the reason the club won't even risk losing a few grand on unsold away tickets.

this cant be true, we are a well run, self sustainable club. We've been told this for years as this is why we need to sell to buy

Ignore The Rumours ! Sit Back And Wait ! on 18:49 - Jan 20 with 572 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Ignore The Rumours ! Sit Back And Wait ! on 14:19 - Jan 20 by this_charming_man

SAme old sh*t

It is a bit odd. My guess is that they couldn't land the players they wanted (not paying enough?) and are playing the old "well we didn't need you anyway" card to save face.

I honestly expected that following the articles and speeches, we'd have had 1 or 2 in ... I know I know, 11 days to go, but there aren't even ANY rumours of players Saints are interested in, it's a dead time. Having said that, barely any clubs are buying anyone - maybe that is part of the problem with the old "we need to wait for players to be freed up" other excuse.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024