Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Mills Charity Football Match 17:53 - Jan 20 with 681 viewsgrumpy

Just been clearing the attic out(It tends to be what you do in this weather) and I found a program for the above game.
It struck me what an impressive line up it was for that game.

Peter Shilton
David Peach
Ian Turner
Mark Dennis
Peter Rodrigues
Steve Williams
Alan Ball
Mark Wright
Trevor Hebberd
Nick Holmes
David Armstrong
Bobby Stokes
Martin Chivers
Peter Osgood
Mike Channon
Steve Moran
Kevin Keegan

V

John Burridge
Gerry Forrest
Derek Statham
Jimmy Case
Kevin Moore
Kevin Bond
Andy Townsend
Glen Cockerill
Colin Clarke
Graham Baker
Mattthew Le Tissier
Steve Baker
Gordon Hobson
Danny Wallace
Tim Flowers

That should bring back some memories for some of us older Saints fans.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 18:17]
Steve Mills Charity Football Match on 18:15 - Jan 20 with 661 viewsericofarabia

I'm pretty sure manager at the time Chris Nicholl was in the ex Saints team and hit a young Shearer with a couple of clattering challenges .... and we had a proper game coming up a few days later!!

I'm almost certain you can add Kevin Keegan to the list as well ... or is my brain playing tricks on me?
Steve Mills Charity Football Match on 18:20 - Jan 20 with 652 viewsgrumpy

Steve Mills Charity Football Match on 18:15 - Jan 20 by ericofarabia

I'm pretty sure manager at the time Chris Nicholl was in the ex Saints team and hit a young Shearer with a couple of clattering challenges .... and we had a proper game coming up a few days later!!

I'm almost certain you can add Kevin Keegan to the list as well ... or is my brain playing tricks on me?

You're right I missed Kevin Keegan and have edited in.
No Allan Shearer or Chris Nichol according to the Program.

I've put the Saints team in now who played Steve Mills All Stars.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 18:21]
Steve Mills Charity Football Match on 21:59 - Jan 20 with 561 viewscotswoldsaint

Aside from the sentiment of course is the fact that in his prime Steve Mills was one of the best 'marauding' full backs ever to grace an SFC shirt. A wonderful talent, a life too short.
Steve Mills Charity Football Match on 22:39 - Jan 20 with 535 viewsTripleNiemi

Derek Statham - now there's a name i have not heard for a while. Remember watching him in my very junior years and always remember him fondly and having some fine games.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Steve Mills Charity Football Match on 15:35 - Jan 21 with 428 viewsThermosNBlanket

Steve Mills Charity Football Match on 18:15 - Jan 20 by ericofarabia

I think your right from memory Nichols blooded Shearer didn’t he score from the free kick?
I seem to recall Maddison played as well

Lifes a marathon not a sprint

Steve Mills Charity Football Match on 18:12 - Jan 21 with 398 viewsericofarabia

Steve Mills Charity Football Match on 15:35 - Jan 21 by ThermosNBlanket

I think your right from memory Nichols blooded Shearer didn’t he score from the free kick?
I seem to recall Maddison played as well

Thanks ...thought I'd somehow imagined it, but clearly remember remarking about it at the time. He also took a couple of of players out as well from what I remember, and when the line ups were read out Chris Nichols name was met with some good bantered booing!!
Steve Mills Charity Football Match on 18:25 - Jan 21 with 387 viewsgrumpy

Steve Mills Charity Football Match on 18:12 - Jan 21 by ericofarabia

Thanks ...thought I'd somehow imagined it, but clearly remember remarking about it at the time. He also took a couple of of players out as well from what I remember, and when the line ups were read out Chris Nichols name was met with some good bantered booing!!

I've scoured the program,no mention of Shearer,Chris Nichol was Manager about then.
Steve Mills Charity Football Match on 18:46 - Jan 21 with 380 viewsericofarabia

Steve Mills Charity Football Match on 18:25 - Jan 21 by grumpy

I've scoured the program,no mention of Shearer,Chris Nichol was Manager about then.

Programme was probably printed some time in advance.

Desperately been searching for more info but come up with zilch. Surely there is some footage still available somewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024