Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can Saints Challenge For A European Spot ? 10:40 - Jan 22 with 546 viewsSaintsNews

Can Saints Challenge For A European Spot ? 22nd Jan 2020 10:37
A few weeks ago Saints fans were contemplating nothing other than avoiding relegation, but suddenly after winning 5 out of the last 7 games we are looking up the table and wondering whether we just might be able to mount a challenge for a top 7 place or higher. 14

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Can Saints Challenge For A European Spot ? on 11:05 - Jan 22 with 523 viewsTheMoog

A pedant writes:

If we had held on against Wolves on Saturday we would be amazingly in 6th place and level on points with Manchester United. Wolves would be in 9th on 31 points, below Sheff Utd by two points and Spurs on goal difference. Saints would have then dropped to 7th on goal difference when Spurs inevitably beat Norwich this evening.

Standby to standby

Can Saints Challenge For A European Spot ? on 11:30 - Jan 22 with 502 viewsarfurdent

go on, jinx it

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Can Saints Challenge For A European Spot ? on 11:54 - Jan 22 with 477 viewsTheMoog

Can Saints Challenge For A European Spot ? on 11:30 - Jan 22 by arfurdent

go on, jinx it

I agree with Nick about the FA Cup and this weekend could be season defining. Go through and with very winnable games against Burnley, Villa and West Ham to follow we have a massive chance to all but guarantee league safety and have a real pop at the cup with impunity. Lose to Spurs and the season will dribble to a boring conclusion of mid-table mediocrity and not much else.

Standby to standby

Can Saints Challenge For A European Spot ? on 12:01 - Jan 22 with 472 viewsSaintNick

Can Saints Challenge For A European Spot ? on 11:54 - Jan 22 by TheMoog

I agree with Nick about the FA Cup and this weekend could be season defining. Go through and with very winnable games against Burnley, Villa and West Ham to follow we have a massive chance to all but guarantee league safety and have a real pop at the cup with impunity. Lose to Spurs and the season will dribble to a boring conclusion of mid-table mediocrity and not much else.

We would have booked the open topped bus tour to celebrate mid table mediocrity a couple of months back after that Leicester game.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Can Saints Challenge For A European Spot ? on 12:19 - Jan 22 with 443 viewsMarcus_y

Anyone else think RH rested Ings last night for the Cup game?

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Can Saints Challenge For A European Spot ? on 12:22 - Jan 22 with 436 viewsTheMoog

Can Saints Challenge For A European Spot ? on 12:19 - Jan 22 by Marcus_y

Anyone else think RH rested Ings last night for the Cup game?

No I think he just has a policy of him not playing twice a week if he can help it.

Standby to standby

Can Saints Challenge For A European Spot ? on 12:52 - Jan 22 with 414 viewsMarcus_y

Can Saints Challenge For A European Spot ? on 12:22 - Jan 22 by TheMoog

No I think he just has a policy of him not playing twice a week if he can help it.

Yes, I know. Hence RH choose the cup game as priority. That is how I am seeing it.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Can Saints Challenge For A European Spot ? on 13:03 - Jan 22 with 405 viewsTheMoog

Can Saints Challenge For A European Spot ? on 12:52 - Jan 22 by Marcus_y

Yes, I know. Hence RH choose the cup game as priority. That is how I am seeing it.

Or simply not playing Tuesday because he played last Saturday, irrespective of who is next or in what competition.

Standby to standby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024