Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Female presenters on MOTD 23:08 - Jan 25 with 5546 viewsSaintsforeverj

Match of the day introduced tonight with Gabby mentioning that the women there had won the FA cup 5 times and Danny M just once as if to say the women is better. Anyone else find it hard to take seriously the opinions of a women talking about the mens game? Anyone else getting irritated by all these women taking over? I would much rather listen to Shearer, Le Tiss, Linekar, Benali, Merrington or whoever rather than some unknown women. Or am just an old fashioned traditionalist?
[Post edited 25 Jan 2020 23:18]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Female presenters on MOTD on 23:21 - Jan 25 with 4645 viewsPatfromPoole

I quite like the female pundit on there tonight.

Don’t know who she is but she talks sense and is quite fit. What’s not to like?

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Female presenters on MOTD on 23:31 - Jan 25 with 4633 viewsSaintsforeverj

Female presenters on MOTD on 23:21 - Jan 25 by PatfromPoole

I wonder if she appreciates the male audience eyeing her up rather than listening to her football views.

Female presenters on MOTD on 23:35 - Jan 25 with 4624 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Female presenters on MOTD on 23:31 - Jan 25 by Saintsforeverj

I wonder if she appreciates the male audience eyeing her up rather than listening to her football views.

This.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2020 8:26]

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Female presenters on MOTD on 23:52 - Jan 25 with 4597 viewssaintmary5

I am not a feminist but your interpretation regarding I admit of an attempt to include women presenting mostly men’s sporting program is poor to say the least. It is not about girl v boy presenting but who’s voice we prefer most!! In olympics games it has long been accepted that both male and female voices are acceptable but unfortunately football is well behind the curve regarding this and clearly it will take some time for a female voice to be accepted in football commentary. Women are not taking over but we are witnessing a clumsy attempt by channels to include women in football.
I do agree that some female voices are not agreeable but to be fair they will eventually find those female voices most acceptable to commentary but it will take time, having said that it is not acceptable to dismiss female cometary outright
Female presenters on MOTD on 02:37 - Jan 26 with 4527 viewsScoot

1 or 2 of the women are good pundits. DM is sshhiitt. I'd rather listen to Jordan talking about football than that knob.
For me if they know what they're on about I don't care whether it's a man a woman. I don't watch MOTD for sexual gratification. Be a worry if I did considering it's mainly men in shorts getting sweaty.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Female presenters on MOTD (n/t) on 07:44 - Jan 26 with 4471 viewsDellHero

Female presenters on MOTD on 02:37 - Jan 26 by Scoot

1 or 2 of the women are good pundits. DM is sshhiitt. I'd rather listen to Jordan talking about football than that knob.
For me if they know what they're on about I don't care whether it's a man a woman. I don't watch MOTD for sexual gratification. Be a worry if I did considering it's mainly men in shorts getting sweaty.

[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 6:11]
Female presenters on MOTD on 08:56 - Jan 26 with 4395 viewsBillyBlanco

Female presenters on MOTD on 23:21 - Jan 25 by PatfromPoole

No better and no worse than most Male presenters/ commentators. Couldn't give a toss who presents MotD.
Female presenters on MOTD on 10:35 - Jan 26 with 4306 viewswibbersda

Old fashion Traditionalists..... no you are just Sexist.
Login to get fewer ads

Female presenters on MOTD on 10:38 - Jan 26 with 4301 viewsTheMoog

I’d rather sit and look at Alex Scott than have to listen to Carragher whining on.

Standby to standby

Female presenters on MOTD on 10:50 - Jan 26 with 4291 viewsSaintNick

Female presenters on MOTD on 10:38 - Jan 26 by TheMoog

I’d rather sit and look at Alex Scott than have to listen to Carragher whining on.

I don't care whether a sports commentator/analyist is male or female, however what I want to hear is an opinion from someone who has experience in the sport that I am watching, the womens game is entirely different from the mens game, Carragher and Gary Neville might not be everyones cup of tea, but they speak from experience they know what the pressure is at the highest level.

We get a female commentator on MOTD because they have to be PC, not because they have the qualifications to be there

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Female presenters on MOTD on 11:03 - Jan 26 with 4268 viewsTheMoog

Female presenters on MOTD on 10:50 - Jan 26 by SaintNick

I don't care whether a sports commentator/analyist is male or female, however what I want to hear is an opinion from someone who has experience in the sport that I am watching, the womens game is entirely different from the mens game, Carragher and Gary Neville might not be everyones cup of tea, but they speak from experience they know what the pressure is at the highest level.

We get a female commentator on MOTD because they have to be PC, not because they have the qualifications to be there

I think Gary Neville is excellent. Just can’t stand listening to Carragher, no matter what he is saying.

Standby to standby

Female presenters on MOTD on 11:13 - Jan 26 with 4252 viewsChesham_Saint

I agree. I don’f care about the commentators (that’s a choice of voice) or host (Gaby Logan is just as good as say, Lineker). When it comes to experts though, I want them to be people who've experienced the game at the right level. To compare a Women’s FA Cup win to the men’s is just nonsense.

Whether it’s playing the skates in a derby, or Liverpool in a European cup final, no woman has ever been on the field of play for that and does not have a comparable experience. It’s just that simple. How is that sexist?

Conversely if I’m watching athletics, women do have experience at the same level with the same crowds and pressures and their experience is relevant and their input is valid and necessary.

In short, The BBC are at times becoming a complete joke.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Female presenters on MOTD on 11:20 - Jan 26 with 4238 viewsJaySaint

why does it have to be a footballer?

you could have a bot present MOTD (voice only) and it would still get the same number of viewers

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Female presenters on MOTD on 11:20 - Jan 26 with 4234 viewsSaintNick

Female presenters on MOTD on 11:13 - Jan 26 by Chesham_Saint

I agree. I don’f care about the commentators (that’s a choice of voice) or host (Gaby Logan is just as good as say, Lineker). When it comes to experts though, I want them to be people who've experienced the game at the right level. To compare a Women’s FA Cup win to the men’s is just nonsense.

Whether it’s playing the skates in a derby, or Liverpool in a European cup final, no woman has ever been on the field of play for that and does not have a comparable experience. It’s just that simple. How is that sexist?

Conversely if I’m watching athletics, women do have experience at the same level with the same crowds and pressures and their experience is relevant and their input is valid and necessary.

In short, The BBC are at times becoming a complete joke.

I agree with you, the host is there to keep the show going, Gaby Logan does a good job of that, likewise commentators are not usually ex pros, its the summarisers who are .

My issue is when we have women summarisers and in the studio trying to tell us what is happening in the dressing room etc, a player from AFC Totton would be more qualified to do that

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Female presenters on MOTD on 11:36 - Jan 26 with 4214 viewsMarcus_y

Female presenters on MOTD on 10:35 - Jan 26 by wibbersda

Can you please justify that thinking?

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Female presenters on MOTD on 11:49 - Jan 26 with 4208 viewsSaintsforeverj

Nick, this sums up my point perfectly. That's the point - the women are there for PC reasons, not for their experience of men's PL football.

If we want true equality, why not have females playing in a men's team?
[Post edited 26 Jan 2020 11:53]

Female presenters on MOTD on 12:18 - Jan 26 with 4167 viewsunderweststand

YES it may " sound strange," and to be fair ..I have a similar feeling about ladies on Test Match Cricket commentaries. In their defence, I would say that I am often VERY impressed with their comments, knowledge and obvious experience in the women's game - but it's not the same sport.
I am a great enthusiast of the successful Saints Ladies side - unbeaten AGAIN so far this season - but there is a clear distinction between the two sports, and it seems as though they are being compared rather than recognsisng that they are NOT the same sport.

IMHO ..the best people to comment on Premier League football are players /managers / even referees (past or present) who have actual experience of the game at that level.
We are all ANALYSTS (to some degree or another) mine is not as a player at any level, but as a Saints fans for over 60 years. MY opinions (often in line with others) may be seen to be "correct", but I wouldn't expect to go on TV and comment on them.

Are the BBC is trying to be P.C. and show some sort of respect for the many ladies who both play and watch football matches every week? ( NOTE: many ladies can be seen at Saints game). One hopes they are not there as a some sort of "poster girl" to get extra viewers, that would be the worst sort of "acknowledgment" to them as women (!).

Perhaps- in time-attitudes will change, but just in the area of Prem. football the experienced opinions of of Shearer, Linekar or Souness - carries most weight to my mind.
Female presenters on MOTD on 12:18 - Jan 26 with 4166 viewsSaintsforeverj

Female presenters on MOTD on 10:35 - Jan 26 by wibbersda

I buy my wife flowers. I have told her this morning that she must buy me flowers too as its so sexist not to. She is going to buy me a pair of earrings too, so I will look like Pat Butcher. It's only fair.

I am going to buy her some tools for "her" tool box in the shed.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2020 12:24]

Female presenters on MOTD on 13:18 - Jan 26 with 4118 viewsBison

Female presenters on MOTD on 11:20 - Jan 26 by SaintNick

I agree with you, the host is there to keep the show going, Gaby Logan does a good job of that, likewise commentators are not usually ex pros, its the summarisers who are .

My issue is when we have women summarisers and in the studio trying to tell us what is happening in the dressing room etc, a player from AFC Totton would be more qualified to do that

I think Totton would stuff a woman's team didn't the World Champions USA team lose 5-2 to Dallas Underr 15's . If that's the case a 14 year old academy player would be just as qualified to comment on their game.

Are their many sports where woman compete with men on an equal footing ? There are great Jocky's like Hayley Turner and Bryon Frost but they even get weight allowances compared to the men so not like for like. I can't see any reason like darts or snooker shouldn't be equal but again the males dominate. I think if you accept the difference between the sexes and not turn it into a competition ( excuse the pun ) then you can enjoy the differences , I personally prefer women's tennis to men's , also the ladies beach volleyball is much more watchable.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Female presenters on MOTD on 13:24 - Jan 26 with 4114 views1885_SFC

It's the whiney, high-pitched, over-excited squealing that I can't stand. Fook off BBC and stop trying to be all things to all people.

Old School is Cool

Female presenters on MOTD on 13:24 - Jan 26 with 4112 viewsChesham_Saint

Female presenters on MOTD on 13:18 - Jan 26 by Bison

I think Totton would stuff a woman's team didn't the World Champions USA team lose 5-2 to Dallas Underr 15's . If that's the case a 14 year old academy player would be just as qualified to comment on their game.

Are their many sports where woman compete with men on an equal footing ? There are great Jocky's like Hayley Turner and Bryon Frost but they even get weight allowances compared to the men so not like for like. I can't see any reason like darts or snooker shouldn't be equal but again the males dominate. I think if you accept the difference between the sexes and not turn it into a competition ( excuse the pun ) then you can enjoy the differences , I personally prefer women's tennis to men's , also the ladies beach volleyball is much more watchable.

Women are often better than men at equestrianism. A sport which incidentally, has a higher amount of injuries and deaths than Formula 1.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Female presenters on MOTD on 13:32 - Jan 26 with 4105 viewsBison

Female presenters on MOTD on 13:24 - Jan 26 by Chesham_Saint

Women are often better than men at equestrianism. A sport which incidentally, has a higher amount of injuries and deaths than Formula 1.

A quick Google

True Mixed Sex Sports

Horse Racing: On the Flat and over jumps, women and men ride and compete against each other equally. And in a recent study it was concluded that female riders perform no better or worse than their male counterparts on horses of similar ability.
( women get weight allowances in UK )

Equestrian: An Olympic sport in which competitors ride horses, male and female riders compete against each other in eventing, dressage and show jumping disciplines. The reason for this is that the attributes required to be successful are to be a confident and able rider of horses, something in which the sexes don’t differ.

Sailing: Men and women compete together in sailing in one particular class, the Nacre 17. All other classes are segregated by sex.

Motorbike Racing: Doesn’t have gender barriers and female riders are starting to make a lot of progress in the sports. In September 2017 Ana Carrasco, a 20-year-old from Spain, became the first woman to win a world championship motorcycle race in Portimao, Portugal.
(Didn't know that good on her)

Darts: On the 17th December 2019, Fallon Sherrock made darts history, beating Ted Evetts 3-2 to become the first woman to beat a man at the PDC World Championship. Sherrock is only the fifth woman to take part in the men’s PDC world championship. She had this to say after her win “I feel really happy because I have proven something for women’s darts, that women can play the men and beat them”

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Female presenters on MOTD on 13:55 - Jan 26 with 4080 viewsericofarabia

Female presenters on MOTD on 11:20 - Jan 26 by SaintNick

My issue is when we have women summarisers and in the studio trying to tell us what is happening in the dressing room etc

Is Fiona Richmond still knocking about?
She had some experience of dressing rooms and communal baths with Malcolm Allison and Crystal Palcae in 76
Female presenters on MOTD on 15:16 - Jan 26 with 4015 viewsdarthvader

Female presenters on MOTD on 10:38 - Jan 26 by TheMoog

If they played the game or at least have the skills to be a pundit and know the game then it's great .
Some of the blokes on there are just big team bias prïcks. ID rather listen and watch better looking and better educated lady's anyday

keep the faith coyr

Female presenters on MOTD on 15:58 - Jan 26 with 3980 viewsdarthvader

Female presenters on MOTD on 11:03 - Jan 26 by TheMoog

I think Gary Neville is excellent. Just can’t stand listening to Carragher, no matter what he is saying.

I have to put subtitles on when he starts droning on. Can't understand him. (sorry toffee)

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024