Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great games against Liverpool 20:14 - Jan 29 with 2225 viewsHappy_Jack

There have been a few down the years what's your personal favorite? For me it has to be the semi-final and Long's goal. Other than that...
Steve Moran's winner at Anfield in 81
The game in 82 and Channon's goal even though we lost
84 the 2-0 win Danny Wallace's overhead kick
The 4-1 in 89
Valentine's Day in the snow 94 a 4-2 win I think
98 at Anfield the 3-1 win
Koeman charging up the touchline when Mane scored the winner
We've had some cracking games against them let's hope for more of the same on Saturday

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Great games against Liverpool on 20:33 - Jan 29 with 2202 viewsBicester_North

Reckon you’ve got them all there. The 1-0 was definitely the best, and the best night out afterwards as well.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Great games against Liverpool (n/t) on 20:39 - Jan 29 with 2189 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 6:12]
Great games against Liverpool on 20:41 - Jan 29 with 2181 viewsSaintNick

Great games against Liverpool (n/t) on 20:39 - Jan 29 by DellHero

[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 6:12]

3-3 when we were 3-0 down with about 15 minutes to go in 2000/01

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Great games against Liverpool on 20:49 - Jan 29 with 2173 viewsHappy_Jack

Ormerod piercing the defense and slotting home early doors in 2003 a couple of weeks later we were 4th after smashing Pompey at SMS
Lovren's winner in 2013 shame he left his head there after that victory but was eventually reunited with it

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Great games against Liverpool on 00:30 - Jan 30 with 2129 viewsWints76

The 2nd match I ever went to was against them in 82/3. Think they needed a point to win the league, but we beat them 3-2 with Nick Holmes scoring a blinder.

Great games against Liverpool on 01:18 - Jan 30 with 2121 viewsericofarabia

Great games against Liverpool on 20:41 - Jan 29 by SaintNick

3-3 when we were 3-0 down with about 15 minutes to go in 2000/01

My last ever game at The Dell. Another few minutes and we'd have won. I was near the dug out and what a beautiful sight it was seeing Pinocchio Thompson getting wound up by the Saints Fans and losing his sch!t

Hopefully my 2 away wins at Anfield will be added to this weekend!! The Steve Moran late goal in front of us was a wonderful moment and none of this not celebrating against an old club rubbish by Keegan as well.

The Ale House Brawler tag given to us by Shankley was surprising considering his team included the likes of Yeats and Tommy Smith. Think it was an early Chivers goal that won it for us. Another Dell classic 3-2 I thik with Charlie George scoring was a cracker.

Sadly I missed out on 4-1 with the Channon goal, The Valentine Day Massacre with the Lawrie and Bally Dream Team and a MLT hattrick and the LC Semi Final Long Goal but did see them 'live' 1st in a pub in Leigh and SF in Dubai and celebrated both madly!!
Great games against Liverpool on 07:56 - Jan 30 with 2047 viewsIngskneeslide

We had a decent record against them in the early to mid-noughties. Wasn’t there a game when Riise scored an OG and Phil Thompson got an absolute pasting from the crowd? Seem to remember we also played them off the park at home in our relegation season. 2-0 with Crouch scoring maybe?
Great games against Liverpool on 12:27 - Jan 30 with 1979 viewsTimSaint

Have been to some great games over the years, but also some absolute drubbings too.

My favourite was the 4-1 at the Dell. Everyone was brilliant that day, a week after winning by the same scoreline away to QPR.

My favourite away (league) was in 98 when Hirst scored 2 and Ostenstad 1 in a 3-2 win. Made the more sweet as went up with a couple of southern based Liverpool fans.

Also loved the Le Tiss hatrick in the snow, Pahars jumping into the Archers crowd after pulling us back to 3-3 late on, the 3-2 comeback under Koeman, the semi win, the 2003 Killer away winner, and well, any win against them really.

On the flip side, I've seen us concede 4 at Anfield, although I think we once conceded 7, go 1 up at home in the cup - only to concede 6, lose convincingly by 3 goals a good few times and as we haven't beaten then for a good few seasons, how sweet would it be to do it this weekend ?

Oh and that kid giving Sturridge the finger at St Mary's was a great comedy moment - which my daughter mentions every time he plays !!

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Great games against Liverpool on 12:43 - Jan 30 with 1973 viewsMushty

Yep the "3- nil and you fooked it up" was a cracker, as was the Danny Wallace overhead kick when we done then not that long after (first ever live Friday night game on the Beeb if I remember correctly?). The St Valentine's Day Massacre stands out too among quite a few memorable matches. But the best for me, away from home with Stevie Moran tucking it away as we bounced around the Anfield Road and, at home, it has to be:

"You won't see a better goal than that this season!"
Great games against Liverpool on 12:46 - Jan 30 with 1969 viewsMushty

And how could I forget this.......?

Great games against Liverpool on 14:32 - Jan 30 with 1924 viewsMarcus_y

Great games against Liverpool on 00:30 - Jan 30 by Wints76

The 2nd match I ever went to was against them in 82/3. Think they needed a point to win the league, but we beat them 3-2 with Nick Holmes scoring a blinder.

This one for me to. Holmes was the man.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Great games against Liverpool on 15:16 - Jan 30 with 1899 viewskernow

Never tired of watching this.

Great games against Liverpool on 10:46 - Jan 31 with 1761 viewsdarthvader

Great games against Liverpool on 12:46 - Jan 30 by Mushty

And how could I forget this.......?

Try from my angle one of the best away games ever for me

[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 10:51]

keep the faith coyr

Great games against Liverpool on 13:00 - Jan 31 with 1734 viewsMushty

Great games against Liverpool on 10:46 - Jan 31 by darthvader

Try from my angle one of the best away games ever for me

[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 10:51]