Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yoshida to Sampdoria !! 16:11 - Jan 31 with 1899 views1teeminants

Everybody out !!

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 16:17 - Jan 31 with 1874 viewssaint68

Another fire sale!!

Sammy saint to St Etienne

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 16:26 - Jan 31 with 1846 views1teeminants

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 16:17 - Jan 31 by saint68

Another fire sale!!

Sammy saint to St Etienne

http://sportwitness.co.uk/southampton-man-surprise-name-serie-side/

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 16:31 - Jan 31 with 1821 viewscocklebreath

One in 4 out I make that👍🏼

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 16:43 - Jan 31 with 1776 viewsthis_charming_man

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 16:31 - Jan 31 by cocklebreath

One in 4 out I make that👍🏼

Sustainability.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 17:06 - Jan 31 with 1718 viewsPatfromPoole

Have to say, having Vestergaard and Danso to rely on as back-up CB’s is a ridiculously dicey place to be.

I know Jack Stephens is already on a decent contract, but if I was Bednarek’s agent, I’d be pestering the club to give his client a big pay rise.....

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 18:23 - Jan 31 with 1568 viewsTripleNiemi

Nick already has the motor running
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 18:24]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 18:24 - Jan 31 with 1548 viewsthis_charming_man

I’ll drive him there myself!

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 18:53 - Jan 31 with 1489 viewsIngskneeslide

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 17:06 - Jan 31 by PatfromPoole

Have to say, having Vestergaard and Danso to rely on as back-up CB’s is a ridiculously dicey place to be.

I know Jack Stephens is already on a decent contract, but if I was Bednarek’s agent, I’d be pestering the club to give his client a big pay rise.....

As much as I despise all the whining and knicker wetting that normally goes on on here it’s hard to put a positive spin on today’s events. I hope we’re signing up a few more physios because a few injuries will see us back in the bottom half very quickly. It’s so demoralising to see us spurn the opportunity of trying to push for Europe or a cup run which would’ve been hard enough if the squad had stayed as it was, let alone weakened as seems to be happening now. With our current owners RH has made a rod for his own back by being a far better manager than they deserve. What he’s done with a poor squad is a miracle so they try to get him to repeat the miracle with fewer resources! We all know how that will end.
Login to get fewer ads

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 18:54 - Jan 31 with 1481 viewssaint22

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 17:06 - Jan 31 by PatfromPoole

His agent is already talking to Jurgen
Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 19:31 - Jan 31 with 1423 viewsTripleNiemi

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 18:53 - Jan 31 by Ingskneeslide

As much as I despise all the whining and knicker wetting that normally goes on on here it’s hard to put a positive spin on today’s events. I hope we’re signing up a few more physios because a few injuries will see us back in the bottom half very quickly. It’s so demoralising to see us spurn the opportunity of trying to push for Europe or a cup run which would’ve been hard enough if the squad had stayed as it was, let alone weakened as seems to be happening now. With our current owners RH has made a rod for his own back by being a far better manager than they deserve. What he’s done with a poor squad is a miracle so they try to get him to repeat the miracle with fewer resources! We all know how that will end.

My sentiments wholeheartedly.

Still, its a couple of hours before the window shuts, but i really now have to question just how anyone can be a 'Happy Clapper' following this debacle.

Still no point whinging about it as someone else has commented, SFC are simply pure Comedy Gold.

It will come back to bite us at some stage continuing with this shīte policy, not if, but simply when.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 20:04 - Jan 31 with 1371 viewssaint22

Ingskneeslide we disagree most the time but the reason I whine so much is because this sh1te just keeps happening and its infuriating
Thats why I posted about Sheff Utd yesterday, they are looking to capitalise on their progress whereas we just keep self sabotaging, its insanity or stupidity or worst of all, both!
Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 20:14 - Jan 31 with 1347 viewsBuggalugs

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 20:04 - Jan 31 by saint22

Ingskneeslide we disagree most the time but the reason I whine so much is because this sh1te just keeps happening and its infuriating
Thats why I posted about Sheff Utd yesterday, they are looking to capitalise on their progress whereas we just keep self sabotaging, its insanity or stupidity or worst of all, both!

Tbf, you weren’t happy when Koeman was manager and we were signing players like Mane, Pelle and Van Dijk.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 23:45 - Jan 31 with 1151 viewsA1079

Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 18:53 - Jan 31 by Ingskneeslide

Completely agree with you Ingskneeslide.

I really do not understand why we would put Yoshida on loan. We are talking margins on what could be gained from it financially and far worse if our threadbare defence becomes even more threadbare and our little run becomes eroded by injuries leading upto key games in February.

In respect of Yoshida (and I appreciate the owner of this forum has a pretty low opinion of him) but I think it is sad at the manner he has been quietly shipped out and to what benefit and for whom. I am not stupid enough to say that Yoshida is the best defender to have walked the planet or that in his career at Saints he has not occasionally been prone to the odd blunder, but he has put his heart and soul into this club. Given everything and stood in front of the camera and sounded like a manager when the likes of Puel and Pellegrino sounded anything but. He stood admirably when Fonte left and Van Dijk then got injured. He never whinged or cried when he did not get picked. He deserved a better goodbye than this. I wish him well and as far as I am concerned he will always be welcome in a positive manner.

I was always realistic about this window. I never thought for a moment we would sign anyone, I don't think there has ever been any intention to. When people were saying (including Nick) we need to get to January, I never thought for a moment that January would suddenly rain new signings. Add to this, the recent run of games and our owners must have thought all their christmases had come at once.

But, whilst, I did not expect any signings what I find completely bewildering, given we are far from safe yet, is the manner in which we have allowed people to go. Heaven knows how Ralph feels. If we stay up, it will still be a bl**dy miracle and it won't be for the input by the owners. I mean, what is their game, what is their vision, where do they really see us, nothing, absolutely bl**dy nothing from them ever. I have enjoyed our football and our attitude on the field recently but don't let that fool anyone in believing that suddenly everything is alright. Our transfer, selling and purchasing strategy (assuming we have one) have been an absolute joke in the last few seasons and this one has been no different. Then we have the more recent issue of contempt the club has shown to the fans in away allocations. When others question our support, I question the support of those that are given the stewardship of the club. How is it, we can seem so flipping broke? Where has all that money gone that we are now literally penny pinching.

I believe we have real potential with Ralph and building on this current team and we could spring some surprises next season and beyond if a. we survive this and b. the owners show real and meaningful intent and support - but I shan't hold my breath and then wait for Ralph to finally say, goodbye as he realises that he cannot keep performing miracles with wafer thin resources.
Yoshida to Sampdoria !! on 04:34 - Feb 1 with 1068 viewsKennington

I’d love it if Ralph is honest about the situation. He’s worked miracles post Leicester and deserved some serious backing this window. Sadly they’d probably fine him to get a few more pounds in the bank.

It’s utterly baffling we couldn’t bring in at least a couple of new players. Basically, we’re relying on players having hot streaks like Armstrong and Long, which records suggest won’t last forever. And they’ll go back to their usual levels The only realistic view is that the only aim for the board is survival and any over performance means weakening the team is ok. Utterly depressing stuff.

As to Yoshida, I’d have kept him, as he’s been a fantastic squad player, and I’d rather him than Vest in the team. Plus I’d like a testimonial for him, but that now looks very unlikely.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024