Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chances missed again 16:40 - Feb 1 with 1873 viewsdarthvader

take your chances you win the game..

keep the faith coyr

Chances missed again on 16:56 - Feb 1 with 1408 viewsSaintal7

The ref and var do their jobs we might have a chance .joke !
Chances missed again on 16:59 - Feb 1 with 1384 viewsdarthvader

Chances missed again on 16:56 - Feb 1 by Saintal7

The ref and var do their jobs we might have a chance .joke !

I haven't seen it can you describe what happened?

keep the faith coyr

Chances missed again on 17:01 - Feb 1 with 1376 viewsdarthvader

Chances missed again on 16:59 - Feb 1 by darthvader

I haven't seen it can you describe what happened?

Didn't sound like bloomin 4 nil game FFS

keep the faith coyr

Chances missed again on 17:08 - Feb 1 with 1353 viewsdirk_doone

Chances missed again on 17:01 - Feb 1 by darthvader

Didn't sound like bloomin 4 nil game FFS

No, it was a 0-0 first half and a 4-0 second half. The officials did us no favours but, to be honest, Liverpool were cruising in the last quarter of the game and could easily have scored more.

My concern is that our defence is showing the pre-Cedric frailties again, which caused us to ship loads of goals. Let's hope something can be done to sort out the full-back problem before we face Spurs again because they are going to attack us relentlessly down our right flank.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 17:13]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Chances missed again on 17:16 - Feb 1 with 1319 viewssaint22

Chances missed again on 17:08 - Feb 1 by dirk_doone

No, it was a 0-0 first half and a 4-0 second half. The officials did us no favours but, to be honest, Liverpool were cruising in the last quarter of the game and could easily have scored more.

My concern is that our defence is showing the pre-Cedric frailties again, which caused us to ship loads of goals. Let's hope something can be done to sort out the full-back problem before we face Spurs again because they are going to attack us relentlessly down our right flank.

Yep the RB spot already costing us
Fkn insanity
They said Ings should have had a penalty
Chances missed again on 17:20 - Feb 1 with 1304 viewsI_would

Chances missed again on 17:16 - Feb 1 by saint22

Yep the RB spot already costing us
Fkn insanity
They said Ings should have had a penalty

The boy cost us three goals, utter tosh and a failure by the management. Will we see another point?

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Chances missed again on 17:22 - Feb 1 with 1304 viewsIngskneeslide

Chances missed again on 17:08 - Feb 1 by dirk_doone

Our defence showed its pre-Cedric frailties against Wolves too. Who played RB for us then? We also didn't show any of our pre-Cedric defensive frailties against Palace when JWP played there for 70 minutes.
Chances missed again on 17:24 - Feb 1 with 1296 viewsthis_charming_man

How is this not reviewed by VAR? Liverpool go straight down the other end and score

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Login to get fewer ads

Chances missed again on 17:26 - Feb 1 with 1278 viewssaint22

Chances missed again on 17:24 - Feb 1 by this_charming_man

How is this not reviewed by VAR? Liverpool go straight down the other end and score

Because Kevin friend was ref and Simon hooper was on VAR
Two more incompetent fools you will struggle to find
Astonishing yet also not
Chances missed again (n/t) on 17:35 - Feb 1 with 1233 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 6:22]
Chances missed again on 17:36 - Feb 1 with 1232 viewsdirk_doone

Chances missed again on 17:22 - Feb 1 by Ingskneeslide

Our defence showed its pre-Cedric frailties against Wolves too. Who played RB for us then? We also didn't show any of our pre-Cedric defensive frailties against Palace when JWP played there for 70 minutes.

Our last 10 league games with Cedric - Goals conceded 10

Our last 10 league games without Cedric - Goals conceded 30

Chances missed again on 17:40 - Feb 1 with 1213 views1885_SFC

I've got more chance of Holly Willoughby knocking on my door in 10 minutes time totally naked underneath a fluffy bath robe & pleading with me to do her up the rusty sheriff's badge than I have of Saints getting a penalty at Anfield.

Old School is Cool

Chances missed again on 17:41 - Feb 1 with 1209 viewsIngskneeslide

Chances missed again on 17:36 - Feb 1 by dirk_doone

Our last 10 league games with Cedric - Goals conceded 10

Our last 10 league games without Cedric - Goals conceded 30

Life really is that simple to you isn’t it? Just like if we moved the away fans we’d win the league, yes?
Chances missed again on 17:44 - Feb 1 with 1203 viewsdirk_doone

Chances missed again (n/t) on 17:35 - Feb 1 by DellHero

Then you are going to have two refs favouring Liverpool rather than one. To be fair, VAR has helped make things a bit fairer but it hasn't completely eliminated the human factor.

Chances missed again on 17:49 - Feb 1 with 1180 viewsdirk_doone

Chances missed again on 17:41 - Feb 1 by Ingskneeslide

Life really is that simple to you isn’t it? Just like if we moved the away fans we’d win the league, yes?

No, if we moved the away fans, we wouldn't win the league and anyone who said so would be an idiot. In fact you are the only person who has ever said it so what does that make you?

It appears you just twist things other people say in a desperate attempt to look as if you have scored some sort of sarcastic victory. Unfortunately, you haven't. You just make yourself look a humourless, bad-tempered idiot.

Chances missed again on 18:07 - Feb 1 with 1138 viewssaint22

Chances missed again on 17:41 - Feb 1 by Ingskneeslide

I would say that letting Cedric go with no adequate replacement is simply a mistake
So yes it is that simple
Chances missed again on 18:08 - Feb 1 with 1135 viewsIngskneeslide

Chances missed again on 17:49 - Feb 1 by dirk_doone

No, if we moved the away fans, we wouldn't win the league and anyone who said so would be an idiot. In fact you are the only person who has ever said it so what does that make you?

It appears you just twist things other people say in a desperate attempt to look as if you have scored some sort of sarcastic victory. Unfortunately, you haven't. You just make yourself look a humourless, bad-tempered idiot.

Just questioning your thought process mate. That’s allowed on a football forum isn’t it? No need to get defensive. I just find it strange that you’d place so much emphasis on one player who has made it very clear for the last couple of years that he didn’t want to be here and at times has been just as bad as the rest of the team.
Chances missed again (n/t) on 18:09 - Feb 1 with 1133 viewsDellHero

Chances missed again on 17:44 - Feb 1 by dirk_doone

Then you are going to have two refs favouring Liverpool rather than one. To be fair, VAR has helped make things a bit fairer but it hasn't completely eliminated the human factor.

Chances missed again on 18:15 - Feb 1 with 1121 viewsdirk_doone

Chances missed again on 18:08 - Feb 1 by Ingskneeslide

Just questioning your thought process mate. That’s allowed on a football forum isn’t it? No need to get defensive. I just find it strange that you’d place so much emphasis on one player who has made it very clear for the last couple of years that he didn’t want to be here and at times has been just as bad as the rest of the team.

I wasn't being defensive, mate; I was being very offensive

I would have been the same if it had been Bertrand, Bednarek or Stephens we'd let go mid-season. My emphasis was on how good our settled back four had been and how risky and unnecessary it was to disrupt it. I understand that we save on Cedric's wages and get a small loan fee for not keeping him until the end of the season but my guess is we'll lose at least that much in lost league place money without him.

I acknowledge, that Cedric is too short to cope well with high crosses and that his own crossing isn't great but our back four played really well with him in it and we conceded far fewer goals than when someone else played at right-back. We had a settled team which was playing together really well.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 18:20]

Chances missed again on 18:17 - Feb 1 with 1117 viewsBuggalugs

Chances missed again on 18:08 - Feb 1 by Ingskneeslide

He’s injured anyway and out for the next 3-4 weeks, so blaming the sale of Cedric for costing us today is a bit silly.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Chances missed again on 18:24 - Feb 1 with 1096 viewsdirk_doone

Chances missed again on 18:17 - Feb 1 by Buggalugs

He’s injured anyway and out for the next 3-4 weeks, so blaming the sale of Cedric for costing us today is a bit silly.

I haven't blamed the loan of Cedric for costing us today so why even bother saying that? We all know he is injured. Maybe you suffer from a reading disability so I'll deal with you sympathetically this time.

I think most of us would have been happy if Walker-Peters had just been brought in as cover for Cedric while he was out injured. But, letting Cedric go mid-season doesn't seem the best move.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 18:32]

Chances missed again on 18:37 - Feb 1 with 1060 viewsIngskneeslide

Chances missed again on 18:15 - Feb 1 by dirk_doone

I wasn't being defensive, mate; I was being very offensive

I would have been the same if it had been Bertrand, Bednarek or Stephens we'd let go mid-season. My emphasis was on how good our settled back four had been and how risky and unnecessary it was to disrupt it. I understand that we save on Cedric's wages and get a small loan fee for not keeping him until the end of the season but my guess is we'll lose at least that much in lost league place money without him.

I acknowledge, that Cedric is too short to cope well with high crosses and that his own crossing isn't great but our back four played really well with him in it and we conceded far fewer goals than when someone else played at right-back. We had a settled team which was playing together really well.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 18:20]

I don’t think it was a good idea to flog him either. But Cédric playing today wouldn’t have saved us just like him playing against Wolves didn’t save us then either. JWP did well today and against a lesser team will be fine and I think KWP will be ok too. An injury to one of our CBs would be more of a worry in my opinion. But I agree it doesn’t make sense that we’ve put our already thin squad under more pressure for a bit of extra dosh.
Chances missed again on 18:44 - Feb 1 with 1056 viewscocklebreath

I’d got over it but that’s wound me up

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Chances missed again on 18:51 - Feb 1 with 1046 viewsBuggalugs

Chances missed again on 18:24 - Feb 1 by dirk_doone

I haven't blamed the loan of Cedric for costing us today so why even bother saying that? We all know he is injured. Maybe you suffer from a reading disability so I'll deal with you sympathetically this time.

I think most of us would have been happy if Walker-Peters had just been brought in as cover for Cedric while he was out injured. But, letting Cedric go mid-season doesn't seem the best move.

I never said you did.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Chances missed again on 19:03 - Feb 1 with 1035 viewsIngskneeslide

Chances missed again on 18:24 - Feb 1 by dirk_doone

That’s what you said. So when Cédric was here the defence was fine but now he’s gone it’s fragile again. I think it’s silly to attribute everything good and bad to one player but we’ll have to agree to disagree.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024