Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Commuting 11:12 - Feb 2 with 986 viewsOccasional_Showers

I work away Monday to Friday so am thinking of moving to South West Wales (specifically England beyond England in South Pembrokeshire). It’s an an area I love as it has natural beauty, is unspoilt, has great architecture, and it’s been an English part of Wales for the best part of 1000 years so feels much nicer than the Welsh bits. Property prices are also reasonable and we don’t want a huge place, personally I’m more bothered about location/view and having a nice garden. This would then involve a commute on Monday and Friday to Bristol. I know a few on here commute do you think this is workable?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Commuting on 11:21 - Feb 2 with 959 viewscocklebreath

I think it’s great you trust uglies with such a big decision

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Commuting on 11:28 - Feb 2 with 942 viewsIngskneeslide

If it’s possible to fly to New York and back for a business meeting then what you’re thinking of doing should be a breeze.
Commuting on 11:37 - Feb 2 with 928 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Serious post: That's quite a long drive from there to Bristol, it feels much longer than it is too. Plus on that bit of dual carriageway after the M4 is very heavily policed so it's a boring stick to the speed limit road too (if you can get that fast).

Agree it's a lovely part of the country though and property prices are reflected by the relative remoteness.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Commuting on 11:43 - Feb 2 with 914 viewsOccasional_Showers

Commuting on 11:28 - Feb 2 by Ingskneeslide

If it’s possible to fly to New York and back for a business meeting then what you’re thinking of doing should be a breeze.

True, a 3 hour drive is nothing in comparison. I do also have the option of a 4 on 4 off week which would make it more workable.

Commuting on 11:50 - Feb 2 with 903 viewssolent_toffee

I’ve actually spent the past week or so in that part of the world and think it’s fantastic. Last weekend I was in Pembrokeshire, Stackpole to be precise. Beautiful place, stunning beaches. Then I worked in Bristol for most of the week and was hugely impressed, it’s a fantastic city with loads to do, great bars, restaurants etc. And then I travelled to see family in the Forest of Dean, again a lovely place, but the people are very odd and would put me off loving there. The commute from Bristol to the Forest is very doable though.
Commuting on 11:56 - Feb 2 with 898 viewsOccasional_Showers

Commuting on 11:50 - Feb 2 by solent_toffee

I’ve actually spent the past week or so in that part of the world and think it’s fantastic. Last weekend I was in Pembrokeshire, Stackpole to be precise. Beautiful place, stunning beaches. Then I worked in Bristol for most of the week and was hugely impressed, it’s a fantastic city with loads to do, great bars, restaurants etc. And then I travelled to see family in the Forest of Dean, again a lovely place, but the people are very odd and would put me off loving there. The commute from Bristol to the Forest is very doable though.

The beaches around little Norton are some of the best in the world.

Commuting on 12:14 - Feb 2 with 879 viewssolent_toffee

Commuting on 11:56 - Feb 2 by Occasional_Showers

The beaches around little Norton are some of the best in the world.

Barafundle and Broad Haven are beautiful beaches. Definitely going to head down there with the kayaks in the Summer.
Commuting on 15:01 - Feb 2 with 782 viewsHeisenberg

If you don't need the car in Bristol drive to Swansea then get the train. It's pretty cheap and you are doing your bit for the environment. The tunnels at Newport can be clogged up and getting in and out of Bristol can also be a nightmare.

As for Bristol it's a fantastic city. Voted massively to remain and you will get the opportunity to meet people from all over the world. A multi cultural place you will love. And a large number of fellow Saints fans.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Login to get fewer ads

Commuting on 15:32 - Feb 2 with 745 viewsthis_charming_man

You’ll get p*ssed off with commuting. I used to drive from Southampton to reading every day and it did my head in after about 6 months.

Lovely part of the world though and as others have said Bristol is a decent city.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Commuting on 17:38 - Feb 2 with 674 viewsI_would

I've got a weekend place with a sea view in Pembroke. I find my drive back to Canary Wharf lovely on the M4. I listen to slow songs by The Everly Bros on the way.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Commuting on 17:48 - Feb 2 with 661 viewsOccasional_Showers

Commuting on 15:32 - Feb 2 by this_charming_man

You’ll get p*ssed off with commuting. I used to drive from Southampton to reading every day and it did my head in after about 6 months.

Lovely part of the world though and as others have said Bristol is a decent city.

I’d only be working out of Portbury so wouldn’t see anything of Bristol which isn’t too bad as cities go. I spent a weekend there last summer and had a brilliant time, but I’d hate having to live there. The drive is perhaps too much though especially if I need to start early on Monday or finish late on Friday,

Commuting on 18:24 - Feb 2 with 625 viewsOccasional_Showers

I’d love this place.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-73204537.html

Commuting on 21:00 - Feb 2 with 559 viewsPatfromPoole

At the risk of saying something utterly daft, I wouldn’t want to live that far away from Saints.

Not as if I go to every game, but it’s handy for me that it’s only an hour away.

But football isn’t the be-all and end-all. Good luck with your potential move.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024