Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League 2020 - Round of 16 Week 01 23:11 - Feb 19 with 511 viewswessex_exile

The first week of matches has finished, as follows:
Atletico Madrid 1 Liverpool 0
Dortmund 2 Paris 1
Atalanta 4 Valencia 1
Spurs 0 Leipzig 1

For those that follow these things, not necessarily a bad result for Liverpool in Madrid, nor Paris's one goal deficit at Dortmund (given they've also got an away goal). Definitely a bad night for Valencia, getting hammered 4-1 at Atalanta, and although not by the same scoreline, a terrible night for Spurs losing 0-1 at home to Leipzig.

I've tweaked the presentation of results, thanks to some top tips from mfb, and the MoY series learning curve I'm on. Predictions in bold are first to predict, predictions underlined are second, and no format third. Score highlighted in yellow are permitted exact matches.

Group A

Noah does brilliantly to score 5pts, with the Atletico result spot-on, and the Dortmund and Leipzig victories as outcomes. However, mfb_cufc is right on his tail, also with the Atletico result spot-on, and Atalanta's home win as an outcome. Remarkably, just one point behind mfb, BFG predicts the Dortmund 2-1 home win spot-on, to keep this group very close.

Group B

Sector4 and sevebalo go toe to toe, both getting the Dortmund result spot-on, and the Atalanta home win as an outcome, to be level on 4pts at the top of the group. Lewis keeps in touch, also with the Atalanta home win, and there's plenty of time to improve on that.

Group C

Thrillseeker gets Atletico's 1-0 victory over Liverpool spot-on, to go top on 3pts. Daniel keeps in touch with the Atalanta home win for 1pt, but blueeagle is yet to get off the mark.

Group D

In Group D, basher takes a solid lead, picking the Dortmund result spot-on, with the Atalanta home win as an outcome. Blue4U2 stays in contention with the Dortmund home win, but concordman is yet to score.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U'sual Champions League 2020 - Round of 16 Week 01 on 20:02 - Feb 20 with 474 viewsnoah4x4

Superb effort Wessex, and I mean you not me.
U'sual Champions League 2020 - Round of 16 Week 01 on 23:39 - Feb 25 with 418 viewswessex_exile

Quite a few interesting points scored tonight, full update to follow conclusion of Week #2 tomorrow evening.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024