Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Westham fans 09:13 - Mar 1 with 1599 viewscocklebreath

Rubbish, for such a big game it was so quiet, St Mary’s might be a bit pony but nowhere near as bad as that

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Westham fans (n/t) on 09:42 - Mar 1 with 1558 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 10 May 2020 18:13]
Westham fans on 09:48 - Mar 1 with 1541 viewscocklebreath

Westham fans (n/t) on 09:42 - Mar 1 by DellHero

Yes a relegation scrap they needed the points, i was sat in with the Westham fans and there were no nerves like there would have been at st Mary’s, just seemed a sense of apathy which was surprising considering they held a mass protest pre match

Westham fans (n/t) on 11:55 - Mar 1 with 1460 viewsDellHero

Westham fans on 09:48 - Mar 1 by cocklebreath

Yes a relegation scrap they needed the points, i was sat in with the Westham fans and there were no nerves like there would have been at st Mary’s, just seemed a sense of apathy which was surprising considering they held a mass protest pre match

Westham fans on 12:06 - Mar 1 with 1445 viewsSaintsforeverj

I was there and it was very very quiet. There were about 10 of them singing near the away segregation. These polished grounds with tourists taking pictures is changing football. Saints fans are not any different, it's even quieter at most other PL grounds - even for big games.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 12:08]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Westham fans on 14:21 - Mar 1 with 1365 viewskingslandstand1

Westham fans (n/t) on 11:55 - Mar 1 by DellHero

I think any game when you are in a relegation scrap, and they are (were), should have been a big game. There was goading either side of us when they got their 2nd but no real getting behind their team. Maybe it is just that it is such a cr@p stadium for football that you can't actually create an atmosphere there? Talking to some locals after the game it seems they all hate the place and wish they'd stayed at The Bowlyn

I didn't hear "that's why you're going down" after McCarthy's howler though so at lest they must think we are safe. Maybe our lot shouldn't have sang it to them after that missed header after we scored
Westham fans on 14:30 - Mar 1 with 1362 viewscocklebreath

When Saints fans did sing the weird response from the Westham was to boo rather than sing

Westham fans on 15:10 - Mar 1 with 1341 viewsVagina_Dentata

I was stood next to the segregation. Barely noticed them, save for a few renditions of bubbles and a couple of when the saints go 3-1 down. What a load of shite bubbles is.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Westham fans on 15:29 - Mar 1 with 1314 viewsTripleNiemi

Westham fans on 15:10 - Mar 1 by Vagina_Dentata

I was stood next to the segregation. Barely noticed them, save for a few renditions of bubbles and a couple of when the saints go 3-1 down. What a load of shite bubbles is.

Plus their brief rendition of 'how shīt must you be, we're winning at home'.....

Mind you, our support was bloődy woeful and i really do have to ask serious questions about tge state of our lot. Jesus, i saw a guy in his 60's donning a large pair of green wellies FFS. Was there ever any danger of floods yesterday at the Olympic site?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Login to get fewer ads

Westham fans on 15:55 - Mar 1 with 1288 viewsChesham_Saint

Westham fans on 15:29 - Mar 1 by TripleNiemi

Plus their brief rendition of 'how shīt must you be, we're winning at home'.....

Mind you, our support was bloődy woeful and i really do have to ask serious questions about tge state of our lot. Jesus, i saw a guy in his 60's donning a large pair of green wellies FFS. Was there ever any danger of floods yesterday at the Olympic site?

When I got there, there were a lot of Saints lads going noisily through the songbook repertoire in the concourse (Ricky Lambert, Danny Ings etc) but the support upstairs was patchy (although my throat today testifies that it wasn't due to a lack if trying!).

Also, I could see that the lower tier Saints contingent must have been doing something from the reaction of the West Ham fans adjacent to them.

Been there a few times now and its a bloody awful stadium and I actually feel sorry for their fans (lets be honest, they have less glory hunters than the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea) who've been dragged unwillingly from a ground they loved to a windswept, characterless concrete maze.

Be interesting to see what happens when they finally get to play Millwall there....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Westham fans on 16:32 - Mar 1 with 1258 views1teeminants

Crap atmosphere, been there 3 times now and each time rubbish. The West Ham fans hate the stadium too though. It’s impossible to get an atmosphere going due to the open stadium.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Westham fans on 18:45 - Mar 1 with 1173 viewsgrumpy

Westham fans on 16:32 - Mar 1 by 1teeminants

Crap atmosphere, been there 3 times now and each time rubbish. The West Ham fans hate the stadium too though. It’s impossible to get an atmosphere going due to the open stadium.

I thought the Boleyn Ground was good,proper football stadium with atmosphere.
Westham fans on 19:43 - Mar 1 with 1127 viewsthis_charming_man

Westham fans on 09:48 - Mar 1 by cocklebreath

Radio said their support was good and they got “tremendous backing” 🤷‍♂️

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Westham fans on 20:05 - Mar 1 with 1095 viewsBicester_North

Westham fans on 18:45 - Mar 1 by grumpy

I thought the Boleyn Ground was good,proper football stadium with atmosphere.

I never recall anyone calling it the Boleyn Ground back in the 80s and 90s

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Westham fans on 09:39 - Mar 2 with 952 viewsfranniesTache

F*cking hate the Olympic Stadium, it's not a football ground, it's a pain in the ar*e to get to, the atmosphere is sh*t and the stewards are d*ckheads. Did promise myself after my last effort (the 3-0 lose there) i wouldn't got back, no idea why i broke that rule and went this weekend but genuinely wish i hadn't.

Also our support was pretty dire i thought, was stood in the lower and not only did most of our lot not even bother trying to sing some even got annoyed with us for trying. Actually thought that was worse than Spurs away in the league for our atmosphere.

Funny thing is people say it's the ground that means there's no atmosphere but i don't buy into that, if you have 3k who are up for it you can be noisy pretty much anywhere, as some of the European lot who've come to England have proven. The problem is more that we just have so many saps at games now.
Westham fans on 10:09 - Mar 2 with 924 viewsNumber_58

How did WH fans get duped into believing a circular stadium designed for athletics, rock concerts and the odd baseball match could ever be converted into a proper English-style football ground? We were miles away from the pitch, and we weren't even in the very back rows. You can't even see anything on the big video screen from a lot of seats cos the loud speakers hang so low from the ridiculously obtrusive roof. I guess it's not too bad if you're lucky enough to get a seat in the lower tiers, although on the tunnel side even the front rows there are miles away (it was quite odd seeing the physios having to sprint about 30 yards across the carpet before they even reached the pitch). I read that they're planning to square off the lower tiers of seating behind the goals for next season, but that'll just create an even bigger void between the upper and lower sections. It's the sort of place you could tolerate visiting for a one-off occasion such as a cup final, but I genuinely wonder why anyone would pay a lot of money for a season ticket up in the Gods where you are so detached from the action. That said, on the positive side, getting away from the stadium was unbelievably easy - a 5 minute walk to Hackney Wick station and straight on the first train (although it probably helped though that most of the home fans were still in the stadium celebrating a rare home win).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024