Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never a Penalty 15:46 - Mar 7 with 1176 viewsHeisenberg

Boufal was being pulled back so should have been a foul to Saints. Shocking decision.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Never a Penalty on 15:51 - Mar 7 with 1157 viewsRipleys_revenge

Totally agree Heisenberg. That wasn't even mentioned once on the commentary I'm watching, clealry the ref didn't even consider it. Joke
Never a Penalty on 15:55 - Mar 7 with 1131 viewsthis_charming_man

I don’t think it was, but I can see why they gave it, Boufal leans forward into the ball and catches it with the t of his arm, yes there was a pull on him but WTF is he doing doing that inside the penalty area anyway? I thought they’d not give it due to the pull but Boufal was stupid leaning into the ball like that even giving VAR the option to look at it.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Never a Penalty on 16:01 - Mar 7 with 1109 viewsCity_boy

sorry all, I thought it was a penalty. Not sure what he was doing ? My acid test is to ask if that was a Newcastle player would we be screaming for a penalty ?

All good as McCarthy (who has a great game) made a good save.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 16:02]
Never a Penalty on 16:16 - Mar 7 with 1061 viewsRipleys_revenge

The surprising part of the decision was that it had
To be overturned to be given, ie the benefit of the doubt would have been on the original call - no penalty. To therefore disregard the pull back is odd to say the least. Agree Boufal was stupid but the decision to over turn is shocking imo.
Never a Penalty on 18:14 - Mar 7 with 969 viewssaint22

Never a Penalty on 16:16 - Mar 7 by Ripleys_revenge

To be overturned to be given, ie the benefit of the doubt would have been on the original call - no penalty. To therefore disregard the pull back is odd to say the least. Agree Boufal was stupid but the decision to over turn is shocking imo.

Nothing would be surprising given that refs awful performance first half, truly abysmal and that goes for the VAR tw at Bankes
VAR just underlined how poor these officials are in this country week after week
Never a Penalty on 08:41 - Mar 8 with 857 viewsMrangry25

Never a Penalty on 18:14 - Mar 7 by saint22

Nothing would be surprising given that refs awful performance first half, truly abysmal and that goes for the VAR tw at Bankes
VAR just underlined how poor these officials are in this country week after week

totally agree with this, as far as I am concerned VAR is just making up for the p**s poor standard of official, and they keep telling me it is the best league in the world if that is the case why have we not got the best officials.
Never a Penalty on 08:58 - Mar 8 with 832 viewsMushty

Never a Penalty on 16:16 - Mar 7 by Ripleys_revenge

VAR decisions have probably evened out for us over the season but we'll always harp back to the Ings shout at Anfield for comparison. The inconsistents are the ball-grippers.
Never a Penalty on 09:17 - Mar 8 with 805 viewsDorsetIan

One of the fundamental problems with VAR is that despite all the information at their disposal, they seem obsessed with analysing a split second in time.

Over and over again, they ignore the context and just look at whether the ball brushed the arm, or whether the foot touched the toe, or foot connected with shin or knee.

What I don’t understand is why there is no one here saying ‚stop being so f*cking stupid‘. It’s officials monitoring officials and all telling themselves their doing a brilliant job. They’re not known for their humility these people.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024