Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph Admits Defensive Problems 09:20 - Mar 11 with 854 viewsSaintsNews

Ralph Admits Defensive Problems 11th Mar 2020 09:16
Ralph Hasenhuttl has admitted that Saints poor form of late has been down to poor defending, see what he has to say here. 10

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 09:32 - Mar 11 with 839 viewssaint22

What an astute observation
ffs
Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 09:35 - Mar 11 with 835 viewsSaintNick

Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 09:32 - Mar 11 by saint22

What an astute observation
ffs

It is funnily enough it seems only Ralph and I seem to be able to see it, everyone else seems to think our defence is fine and that it is Danny Ings fault for not scoring 40 goals, not our central defence.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 09:38 - Mar 11 with 831 viewsIngskneeslide

Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 09:35 - Mar 11 by SaintNick

It is funnily enough it seems only Ralph and I seem to be able to see it, everyone else seems to think our defence is fine and that it is Danny Ings fault for not scoring 40 goals, not our central defence.

I have not seen or heard one single person say this
Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 09:41 - Mar 11 with 827 viewsButty101

Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 09:38 - Mar 11 by Ingskneeslide

I have not seen or heard one single person say this

Lol no one else has spotted we have had a rubbish defence for 3 years.....

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 11:00 - Mar 11 with 766 viewsA1079

That is not true Nick. No one has been saying the defence is fine. I don't think there is a single Saints fan out there that has not known there has been a problem with our defence since Fonte and Van Dijk departed. The club have not dealt with it and just let this situation drag on from window to window.

I think, where people have sometimes taken issue is when the focus has solely been on the defensive failings, when other areas have been susceptible to scrutiny and failings. No one denies that the defence has been our biggest failure over the last 3 seasons, so the question is, why has the club allowed this situation to fester? It has cost our progress hugely, it has undermined the managers and coaches, it has let the fans down, by not treating it with the urgency that it demanded. But, beyond the defence there have been other factors - a sterile midfield at times, a poor strike to conversion rate. I agree the defence is your foundation on which to build and McMenemy recognised this when he went out and got Mark Wright and then Peter Shilton.

Nick, I value your input and often balanced views and opinions (and I hope this does not come across as patronising) and I enjoy this forum and appreciate all that you do with it (and all that others add to it), but if anyone makes a statement or contributions, as any of us do, then any statement, comment and contribution is there to be challenged. But, I believe we all have the interest of the club at heart and want and desire us to do well and to back it when it is in trouble.

Regards
Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 11:24 - Mar 11 with 750 viewsthissceptredsaint

put ward prowse at right back for the rest of the season
Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 11:33 - Mar 11 with 738 views1teeminants

I don’t know a single saints fan who doesn’t think we have the worst or one of the worst defences in the premier league and have had for a few years. This is definitely click bait lol.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 11:58 - Mar 11 with 702 viewskernow

Defence is a massive problem but to suggest that the club have not tried to address it is incorrect. They've spent millions on replacements. They haven't been successful but that is the fault of the folk in charge of recruitment who were delegated to find suitable replacements for the departees. The club continue to suffer the consequences of failing to identify the right people.
Login to get fewer ads

Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 13:37 - Mar 11 with 648 viewsRon11

Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 11:24 - Mar 11 by thissceptredsaint

Correct, and totally logical.
But will it happen?
No.
Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 13:42 - Mar 11 with 648 viewsthis_charming_man

Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 13:37 - Mar 11 by Ron11

Correct, and totally logical.
But will it happen?
No.

What would be totally logical would be to back the manager when he said we needed to improve the full back positions in January and i dont mean a loan player who is our third choice right back. That's what didn't happen

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 14:49 - Mar 11 with 582 viewsSonicBoom

Maybe Nick is referring to my comments the other day re our forwards.
We have games where we have 25 shots and lose 2-0.

Yes our defence is poor but if you can't defend then convert a couple of those chances!

And let's get it right, we have tried to address the centre of our defence. We haven't ignored it. We just spent the thick end of 50 million on Vestergaard and Hoedt both of whom appear to be a total waste of money.
Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 15:12 - Mar 11 with 571 viewsI_would

Ralph Admits Defensive Problems on 11:24 - Mar 11 by thissceptredsaint

I expect this is what happened to WP at his Portsmouth school. Sent to the corner for being a dunce.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024