Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As the media likes to say 22:34 - Mar 11 with 2215 viewsRednWight

I’ve just witnessed a wonderful European night at Anfield

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

As the media likes to say on 22:35 - Mar 11 with 2205 viewsIngskneeslide

As the media likes to say on 22:36 - Mar 11 with 2190 viewscocklebreath

We should all light a candle for our esteemed leader. Nick are you okay?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

As the media likes to say on 22:45 - Mar 11 with 2170 viewsIngskneeslide

Robertson and Van Dijk: “They have to come back to Anfield. We will be waiting for them there.”

As the media likes to say (n/t) on 07:47 - Mar 12 with 2059 viewsDellHero

As the media likes to say on 22:45 - Mar 11 by Ingskneeslide

Robertson and Van Dijk: “They have to come back to Anfield. We will be waiting for them there.”

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:45]
As the media likes to say on 11:38 - Mar 12 with 1970 viewsarfurdent

Went well then

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

As the media likes to say on 13:03 - Mar 12 with 1917 viewsKennington

Well done Athletico!

On the subject of Athletico, how come they always seem to mange to produce a decent red and white kit, yet that seems beyond us? Whoever is in charge of next season’s kit should take note.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

As the media likes to say on 15:17 - Mar 12 with 1864 viewskingslandstand1

As the media likes to say on 13:03 - Mar 12 by Kennington

Well done Athletico!

On the subject of Athletico, how come they always seem to mange to produce a decent red and white kit, yet that seems beyond us? Whoever is in charge of next season’s kit should take note.

I'm sure someone (Dirk? ) will correct me if wrong, but wasn't it Atletico that nicked (borrowed) the kit off of us back in the day when we were spreading the word about football?
As the media likes to say on 15:19 - Mar 12 with 1863 viewsIngskneeslide

As the media likes to say on 15:17 - Mar 12 by kingslandstand1

I'm sure someone (Dirk? ) will correct me if wrong, but wasn't it Atletico that nicked (borrowed) the kit off of us back in the day when we were spreading the word about football?

That’s Athletic Bilbao pal. It’s also why they use the English spelling in contrast to Atletico
Login to get fewer ads

As the media likes to say on 15:40 - Mar 12 with 1851 viewskingslandstand1

As the media likes to say on 15:19 - Mar 12 by Ingskneeslide

That’s Athletic Bilbao pal. It’s also why they use the English spelling in contrast to Atletico

Mine of accurate information!!
As the media likes to say on 15:57 - Mar 12 with 1833 viewsTheMoog

As the media likes to say on 15:19 - Mar 12 by Ingskneeslide

The kit and the name both have Southampton connections but are separate occurrences. The use of 'Athletic' was from the English migrant dockers that went over from Southampton as well as other port towns such as Sunderland and them down the road. The kit came about as a local lad studying in England was tasked to find 25 sets of kit in London. He failed but whilst waiting to sail back from Southampton noticed the city's colours matched theirs and bought 50 sets, half of which were given to Atletico Madrid who were youth branch of Bilbao at the time.

Standby to standby

As the media likes to say on 16:25 - Mar 12 with 1804 viewsIngskneeslide

As the media likes to say on 15:57 - Mar 12 by TheMoog

The kit and the name both have Southampton connections but are separate occurrences. The use of 'Athletic' was from the English migrant dockers that went over from Southampton as well as other port towns such as Sunderland and them down the road. The kit came about as a local lad studying in England was tasked to find 25 sets of kit in London. He failed but whilst waiting to sail back from Southampton noticed the city's colours matched theirs and bought 50 sets, half of which were given to Atletico Madrid who were youth branch of Bilbao at the time.

Ah, fair play sir. I've heard that Saints fans are always well received at Bilbao games, no idea about Atletico though
As the media likes to say on 16:36 - Mar 12 with 1798 viewsTheMoog

As the media likes to say on 16:25 - Mar 12 by Ingskneeslide

Ah, fair play sir. I've heard that Saints fans are always well received at Bilbao games, no idea about Atletico though

I only read up about it a couple of weeks ago as I met a guy that (claimed he) was on Atletico’s books as a kid. When I asked him about it he obviously didn’t have a fookin clue what I was on about so I thought I’d find out.

Standby to standby

As the media likes to say on 16:43 - Mar 12 with 1789 viewskingslandstand1

As the media likes to say on 16:36 - Mar 12 by TheMoog

I only read up about it a couple of weeks ago as I met a guy that (claimed he) was on Atletico’s books as a kid. When I asked him about it he obviously didn’t have a fookin clue what I was on about so I thought I’d find out.

Who needs Google when you have TUI
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024