Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League Suspended 11:05 - Mar 13 with 2076 viewsSaintNick

Till 3rd April according to BBC

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Premier League Suspended on 11:08 - Mar 13 with 1635 viewsSaintsforeverj

Yep most sensible thing to do. Games can be played later on and get the season finished then. You can't just cancel the season.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Premier League Suspended on 11:18 - Mar 13 with 1601 viewskingslandstand1

Premier League Suspended on 11:08 - Mar 13 by Saintsforeverj

Yep most sensible thing to do. Games can be played later on and get the season finished then. You can't just cancel the season.

I'm thinking they'll maybe cancel the Euros because they were to be played all over the place and extend the season? Not sure what the gap was between them before all of this but guess this 3 week hiatus would make them overlap?
Premier League Suspended on 11:23 - Mar 13 with 1576 viewsSaintsforeverj

Premier League Suspended on 11:18 - Mar 13 by kingslandstand1

I'm thinking they'll maybe cancel the Euros because they were to be played all over the place and extend the season? Not sure what the gap was between them before all of this but guess this 3 week hiatus would make them overlap?

They should just cancel the euros and finish the domestic season as soon as they can over the summer months when the virus has dissipated.

Premier League Suspended on 11:31 - Mar 13 with 1561 viewsKennington

Just abandon this season and let City retain the title. That’s the only sensible way to go

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Premier League Suspended on 11:36 - Mar 13 with 1545 viewskingslandstand1

Premier League Suspended on 11:31 - Mar 13 by Kennington

Just abandon this season and let City retain the title. That’s the only sensible way to go

Well Liverpool were likely to lose their remaining games and City win all of theirs so no need to carry on

It also means we will be staying up
Premier League Suspended on 11:40 - Mar 13 with 1539 viewsthis_charming_man

A plastic scouser at work bit my head off this morning when i said to him it looked like it wasn't going to be their year again

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Premier League Suspended on 11:41 - Mar 13 with 1537 viewskingslandstand1

Euros apparently being put back to 2020
Premier League Suspended (n/t) on 11:45 - Mar 13 with 1526 viewsDellHero

Premier League Suspended on 11:41 - Mar 13 by kingslandstand1

Euros apparently being put back to 2020

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:40]
Login to get fewer ads

Premier League Suspended on 11:55 - Mar 13 with 1494 viewskingslandstand1

Premier League Suspended (n/t) on 11:45 - Mar 13 by DellHero

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:40]

Oops!! 2021
Premier League Suspended on 11:58 - Mar 13 with 1485 viewsNumber_58

Premier League Suspended on 11:40 - Mar 13 by this_charming_man

A plastic scouser at work bit my head off this morning when i said to him it looked like it wasn't going to be their year again

Ironically, only this morning two Dirty Leeds fans who work near me told me I was welcome to join them for their imminent promotion party - they've even already bought in a barrel of beer for it apparently. I politely declined, but if the season ends now with no promotion or relegation I will definitely be there to celebrate.
Premier League Suspended on 11:58 - Mar 13 with 1484 viewsDENZY

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

Premier League Suspended on 12:04 - Mar 13 with 1471 viewssolent_toffee

The fume is going to be sensational.
Premier League Suspended on 12:19 - Mar 13 with 1455 viewsKennington

And Pompey won’t be promoted!

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Premier League Suspended on 12:37 - Mar 13 with 1428 viewsdarthvader

I reckon by the 3rd of april it will be peaking . So im thinking another month will be added on to the postponements

keep the faith coyr

Premier League Suspended on 12:51 - Mar 13 with 1406 viewsCenturion

Premier League Suspended on 12:37 - Mar 13 by darthvader

I reckon by the 3rd of april it will be peaking . So im thinking another month will be added on to the postponements

Possible solution:

The Premier League financially compensates the three teams that would have been promoted to the amount they miss out. Paid for by each club in PL taking say 5% less revenue next season.
Premier League Suspended on 13:05 - Mar 13 with 1373 viewsCapt_Koons

My guess is they will take the two week suspension to organise some sort of live steaming service then resume playing behind closed doors.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Premier League Suspended on 13:20 - Mar 13 with 1355 viewsBicester_North

Premier League Suspended on 13:05 - Mar 13 by Capt_Koons

My guess is they will take the two week suspension to organise some sort of live steaming service then resume playing behind closed doors.

Then you’ve got the issue of the players though as it’s a contact sport. Can’t see there being any more this season.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Premier League Suspended on 16:43 - Mar 13 with 1260 viewsthissceptredsaint

Each team selects their star FIFA player

play FIFA premiership games, televise the games

Or televise prison football it'll be like watching SPL

Or monkey tennis.....Alan Partridge...visionary
Premier League Suspended on 21:04 - Mar 13 with 1115 viewsCenturion

Premier League Suspended on 16:43 - Mar 13 by thissceptredsaint

Each team selects their star FIFA player

play FIFA premiership games, televise the games

Or televise prison football it'll be like watching SPL

Or monkey tennis.....Alan Partridge...visionary

Subuetteo?
Premier League Suspended on 00:12 - Mar 14 with 992 viewsSaintsforeverj

Latest is that as a last resort, Liverpool will be declared champions and the league will finish as it is now. There won't be any relegation. West Brom and Leeds will be promoted to a 22 team PL next season. 5 will then be relegated next season to get back to 20 again.

If matches can't resume and the virus sticks around for months, having a 22 team PL might be a solution.

Premier League Suspended on 06:38 - Mar 14 with 933 viewsOccasional_Showers

Premier League Suspended on 13:20 - Mar 13 by Bicester_North

Then you’ve got the issue of the players though as it’s a contact sport. Can’t see there being any more this season.

Me neither. It’s postponed until early April, with us currently in a bit of a phoney war, it’s not going to go mental until late May, but cases are going keep on rising between now and then so any resumption of normality is inconceivable until July.

Playing behind closed doors won’t happen imo for 3 reasons:

1. It still means that players and coaches and others will be mixing in close proximity.
2. Even behind closed door fans will turn up outside and police etc will be required which is a waste of resources at a time of national emergency.
3. Fans will all pile into pubs to watch the games and that’s worse than attending in a stadium.

I’m afraid Liverpool fans will just have to accept it wasn’t meant to be.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Premier League Suspended on 07:11 - Mar 14 with 912 viewsOccasional_Showers

According to the Telegraph Liverpool will be declared Champions, no team will be relegated, the top two championship clubs will be promoted, and 22 teams will play in the top flight next year.

Premier League Suspended on 08:28 - Mar 14 with 864 viewsBuenosSaint

Premier League Suspended on 07:11 - Mar 14 by Occasional_Showers

According to the Telegraph Liverpool will be declared Champions, no team will be relegated, the top two championship clubs will be promoted, and 22 teams will play in the top flight next year.

This kinda works for the overall football pyramid. No one gets relegated down the leagues and top 2 in each go up. Play offs are a lottery anyway and finally it means scabs don't go up so win win.

Poll: The Long Future

Premier League Suspended on 08:49 - Mar 14 with 836 viewsOccasional_Showers

Premier League Suspended on 08:28 - Mar 14 by BuenosSaint

This kinda works for the overall football pyramid. No one gets relegated down the leagues and top 2 in each go up. Play offs are a lottery anyway and finally it means scabs don't go up so win win.

Except for the Liverpool matter. Even if the FA declare them champions quite a lot of people won’t recognise them as the champions. A lot of that sentiment will stem from the ingrained national hatred of that club, but their 2020 crown will be diminished none-the-less and we can all have a little smile about that safe in the knowledge that they will bite whenever it’s mentioned.

They will only be the champions of the abandoned season, not proper champions.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 8:52]

Premier League Suspended on 08:56 - Mar 14 with 822 viewsSoton

Premier League Suspended on 00:12 - Mar 14 by Saintsforeverj

Latest is that as a last resort, Liverpool will be declared champions and the league will finish as it is now. There won't be any relegation. West Brom and Leeds will be promoted to a 22 team PL next season. 5 will then be relegated next season to get back to 20 again.

If matches can't resume and the virus sticks around for months, having a 22 team PL might be a solution.

What you said but my guess would be 4 get relegated over two seasons, not a good thing for Saints if the lack of investment is not halted, the extra relegation spots and a bit more competition for two seasons my leave us struggling to compete
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024