Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. 20:50 - Mar 22 with 1014 viewsSaintsNews

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. 22nd Mar 2020 20:48
Many Saints fans would have been unaware of the name Martin Semmens as he has been a lot more in the background than some of his predecessors, but he has now broken cover to take about the Premier League suspension. 4

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 20:59 - Mar 22 with 1005 viewsPatfromPoole

Strikes me as being pure fantasy, much of what Siemens has said there.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 23:29 - Mar 22 with 923 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

He's spot on. If everyone is tested and safe, why can't the league continue behind closed doors? After 3 months of no sport and being locked in (or near enough), most people will be crying out for some competitive sport on TV instead of re-runs and repeats.

If it is safe, then why not?

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 06:09 - Mar 23 with 871 viewssolent_toffee

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 23:29 - Mar 22 by Gennaro_Contaldo

He's spot on. If everyone is tested and safe, why can't the league continue behind closed doors? After 3 months of no sport and being locked in (or near enough), most people will be crying out for some competitive sport on TV instead of re-runs and repeats.

Do you think the games will be competitive? Probably played in neutral venues* It will be like watching a training session during pre-season and will be disrespectful to the players, coaches, physios, etc being forced to play. I doubt Sky could even get worked up in the commentary of the games.

* Probably somewhere like St George’s Park/Lilleshall highly secure and miles away from the road/public and will stop the below getting involved -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8140279/Liverpool-celebrating
Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 06:16 - Mar 23 with 862 viewsMarcus_y

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 06:09 - Mar 23 by solent_toffee

Do you think the games will be competitive? Probably played in neutral venues* It will be like watching a training session during pre-season and will be disrespectful to the players, coaches, physios, etc being forced to play. I doubt Sky could even get worked up in the commentary of the games.

* Probably somewhere like St George’s Park/Lilleshall highly secure and miles away from the road/public and will stop the below getting involved -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8140279/Liverpool-celebrating

This is what I don't like. I just don't think any team can give it their all behind closed doors or in a neutral stadium. Who ever gets relegated could complain and say, it was only because the season wasn't played out right.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 06:18 - Mar 23 with 854 viewsOccasional_Showers

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 23:29 - Mar 22 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Wasting numerous testing kits on bloody footballers (they would need to be tested over and over) would be a disgrace. Football isn’t important.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 08:26 - Mar 23 with 813 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 06:18 - Mar 23 by Occasional_Showers

Wasting numerous testing kits on bloody footballers (they would need to be tested over and over) would be a disgrace. Football isn’t important.

Nods in agreement.

Am I the only one not missing football all that much? I don’t miss it ruining my mood for the weekend when Saints lose.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 08:38 - Mar 23 with 809 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 06:18 - Mar 23 by Occasional_Showers

I'm the first person to say it's not important, football is NOT important and footballers are helmets.

BUT, if after a couple of months it helps people stay indoors with something new to watch, then that's something worth debating.

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 08:53 - Mar 23 with 797 viewsSaintNick

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 08:38 - Mar 23 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I'm the first person to say it's not important, football is NOT important and footballers are helmets.

BUT, if after a couple of months it helps people stay indoors with something new to watch, then that's something worth debating.

Most people have been spot on here, I'm not sure it will be played at neutral venues or st georges park etc, I think it will be at the club stadiums, i think very few will go to the stadium because they know they wont get in, similarly it wont be on main TV unless we are really clear due to people going to the pub.

Johnson and his health advisors have said from the start, a big problem is social isolation if people get bored they will not adhere to the rules etc

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 09:25 - Mar 23 with 786 viewssolent_toffee

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 08:53 - Mar 23 by SaintNick

Most people have been spot on here, I'm not sure it will be played at neutral venues or st georges park etc, I think it will be at the club stadiums, i think very few will go to the stadium because they know they wont get in, similarly it wont be on main TV unless we are really clear due to people going to the pub.

Johnson and his health advisors have said from the start, a big problem is social isolation if people get bored they will not adhere to the rules etc

There’s probably about 80 premier league games to be played, what happens when a player gets injured and needs to go to hospital? There are so many reasons for the games not to go ahead and so many more important things that need to occupy people’s thoughts and efforts at the moment.
Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 10:19 - Mar 23 with 756 viewsSaintNick

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 09:25 - Mar 23 by solent_toffee

There’s probably about 80 premier league games to be played, what happens when a player gets injured and needs to go to hospital? There are so many reasons for the games not to go ahead and so many more important things that need to occupy people’s thoughts and efforts at the moment.

You are right when you say at the moment, but we are talking about a resumption of the game in two months time at the earliest.

When we know where we are in around five weeks we can start to contemplate when football can restart, you are right there are many things to occupy peoples minds, but everyone has to try and keep some normality in life and for those running football it is trying to keep planning for when it can happen, to be blunt they have little all else to do.

If they play the game behind closed doors I dont think players going to hospital is a big factor, on an average weekend in the Premier League how often does that happen ?

Even if you said once a weekend, that is then potentially only 9 players needing hospital treatment and if it has resumed then presumably the strain on the NHS is not as great as it will be soon.

What people do need at the moment is hope, they want to see that there is an end to this time in our history, that life will one day resume as normal, part of that is talking about things like football resuming, we all know there is no hope of that on April 30th but we hope that by then we can put a more permanent target in the diary.

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 11:39 - Mar 23 with 723 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 08:53 - Mar 23 by SaintNick

That's what I mean, yes, if after a couple of months people are bored, they will ignore the rules and go out.

A few matches behind closed doors might keep these people interested and staying at home.

I would propose just 3 or 4 matches - enough for Liverpool to win the league (they will) and with no relegation. Add Leeds and West Brom for next season and hope it can be picked up in Sept.

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 12:16 - Mar 23 with 710 viewsSaintNick

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 11:39 - Mar 23 by Gennaro_Contaldo

That's what I mean, yes, if after a couple of months people are bored, they will ignore the rules and go out.

A few matches behind closed doors might keep these people interested and staying at home.

I would propose just 3 or 4 matches - enough for Liverpool to win the league (they will) and with no relegation. Add Leeds and West Brom for next season and hope it can be picked up in Sept.

There is more than just the League title at stake, it is entirely realistic to think we may be able to play 9 League games per team over a 6 week period in June/July even if to start with some are behind closed doors

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 12:28 - Mar 23 with 703 viewsNumber_58

Surely even if the league got started again behind closed doors if just one player, coach, backroom staff, coach driver, etc, etc tested positive the whole thing would have to be cancelled again. I think we may have to accept that sport, and life in general, probably won't be able to operate properly until a vaccine/cure is found and widely available.
Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 12:48 - Mar 23 with 685 viewskingslandstand1

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 08:26 - Mar 23 by PatfromPoole

Nods in agreement.

Am I the only one not missing football all that much? I don’t miss it ruining my mood for the weekend when Saints lose.

My wife is glad about it, I'm not spending money, things are being done around the house at weekends, alcohol consumption is being reduced therefore healthier lifestyle, and for some reason she's quite glad that she see's me
Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 12:51 - Mar 23 with 679 viewsSteveMoron

His announcement gave us a bit of hope if nothing else. Ain't gonna happen though. ☹
Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 13:02 - Mar 23 with 672 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 12:16 - Mar 23 by SaintNick

There is more than just the League title at stake, it is entirely realistic to think we may be able to play 9 League games per team over a 6 week period in June/July even if to start with some are behind closed doors

Probably not. I have no idea, just trying to spark some debate about football other than illnesses ;)

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 14:10 - Mar 23 with 633 viewsBuenosSaint

Saints CEO Comments On Premier League Resumption. on 12:48 - Mar 23 by kingslandstand1

My wife is glad about it, I'm not spending money, things are being done around the house at weekends, alcohol consumption is being reduced therefore healthier lifestyle, and for some reason she's quite glad that she see's me

My missus got a what's app message today saying corona was invented by a woman , stopped football, closed pubs and forced husbands to spend time with their wives and be helpful around the house
Pretty much what you said.... :)

Poll: The Long Future

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024