Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown 20:38 - Mar 23 with 2723 viewsthis_charming_man

Has to happen

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Lockdown on 20:50 - Mar 23 with 1375 viewsCapt_Koons

Alexander Boris de Piffel Johnson has made an extraordinary lucrative career out of thundering against the 'nanny state' but just as there are no atheists on a sinking ship, there are no free-marketeers in a pandemic. 
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 20:51]

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Lockdown on 20:54 - Mar 23 with 1359 viewsSaintsforeverj

Extraordinary times - Can't leave the house. Are we going to see police stopping every car?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Lockdown on 20:54 - Mar 23 with 1355 viewsOccasional_Showers

I’d already spoken to the cottage owner and said we are going home tomorrow. Although we had no contact and avoided crowds others were packing out pubs and cafes and the scenes at Snowdon were staggering. In these fast moving events it’s not easy to keep up, but at least now we know where we stand.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Lockdown on 20:55 - Mar 23 with 1347 viewsOccasional_Showers

Why do you keep mentioning his middle name?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Lockdown on 21:00 - Mar 23 with 1341 viewsdirk_doone

Lockdown on 20:54 - Mar 23 by Occasional_Showers

I’d already spoken to the cottage owner and said we are going home tomorrow. Although we had no contact and avoided crowds others were packing out pubs and cafes and the scenes at Snowdon were staggering. In these fast moving events it’s not easy to keep up, but at least now we know where we stand.

The Scottish Highlands and Welsh mountains and the roads leading to them have seen record numbers of vehicles and people gathering on them. Even in my local area today, I've never seen so many people out walking and shopping before. It's like there is some big outdoor festival going on.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 21:06]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Lockdown on 21:03 - Mar 23 with 1324 viewsSaintNick

Lockdown on 20:50 - Mar 23 by Capt_Koons

Alexander Boris de Piffel Johnson has made an extraordinary lucrative career out of thundering against the 'nanny state' but just as there are no atheists on a sinking ship, there are no free-marketeers in a pandemic. 

Who gives a f*** about whether he thundered against the Nanny State, this should be a non political time.

Clearly he is taking the advice from medical and scientific advisors and listening to it and that is all that matters.

This is a time when people should not care whether the leader is tory or Labour and the opposition should be supporting the government not trying to score points .

Johnson delayed doing this but it became clear that drastic measures need to be taken

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Lockdown on 21:12 - Mar 23 with 1281 viewsIngskneeslide

Big fuss about nothing according to some of the experts on here. More people die a year clipping their toenails etc
Lockdown on 21:13 - Mar 23 with 1279 viewsfranniesTache

Lockdown on 21:03 - Mar 23 by SaintNick

Who gives a f*** about whether he thundered against the Nanny State, this should be a non political time.

Clearly he is taking the advice from medical and scientific advisors and listening to it and that is all that matters.

This is a time when people should not care whether the leader is tory or Labour and the opposition should be supporting the government not trying to score points .

Johnson delayed doing this but it became clear that drastic measures need to be taken

Well said Nick
Login to get fewer ads

Lockdown on 21:14 - Mar 23 with 1280 viewsCapt_Koons

Why is it all Tory supports and media outlets are crying about how this is a non political time? Seems like they dont want a torch shon onto decades of tory failure.
If a crisis exacerbated by the ideology of free market extremists is not a time to talk politics I would be interested to know when is. Perhaps you might let us know.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Lockdown on 21:15 - Mar 23 with 1271 viewsSaintsforeverj

Absolutely right. Boris is listening, and acting on advice. In my view, he was holding back from total lockdown just to cut us some slack, to be kind, in hope that people would just stay at home. Selfish people carrying on as normal and stockpiling have made enforced lockdown a necessity.

Lockdown on 21:18 - Mar 23 with 1257 viewsBillyBlanco

Because if Labour was in power you would be saying the same eh?
Lockdown on 21:20 - Mar 23 with 1250 viewsgeezershoong1

Lockdown on 21:14 - Mar 23 by Capt_Koons

Why is it all Tory supports and media outlets are crying about how this is a non political time? Seems like they dont want a torch shon onto decades of tory failure.
If a crisis exacerbated by the ideology of free market extremists is not a time to talk politics I would be interested to know when is. Perhaps you might let us know.

In a parallel universe Jeremy Corbyn is saying exactly the same thing and you're singing his praises.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Lockdown on 21:22 - Mar 23 with 1242 viewsgeezershoong1

Lockdown on 20:50 - Mar 23 by Capt_Koons

Three questions you have to ask yourself before you post anymore drivel:-

1) Is the PM a qualified medical professional?
2) Is he merely repeating the advice of medical experts?
3) Is there anything you DON'T blame him for?

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Lockdown on 21:25 - Mar 23 with 1230 viewsCapt_Koons

Lockdown on 21:15 - Mar 23 by Saintsforeverj

Absolutely right. Boris is listening, and acting on advice. In my view, he was holding back from total lockdown just to cut us some slack, to be kind, in hope that people would just stay at home. Selfish people carrying on as normal and stockpiling have made enforced lockdown a necessity.

Is he fook. Boris was holding back from total lockdown just to be kind!!!!!!! Are you for real ?
Nothing to do with big business not wanting to suffer?
The blokes a fooking chancer who has been gambling with the lives of millions

Lockdown on 21:25 - Mar 23 with 1228 viewsSaintNick

Lockdown on 21:18 - Mar 23 by BillyBlanco

Because if Labour was in power you would be saying the same eh?

Yeah I would at times like this I dont care who is in charge as log as they do the job

Lockdown on 21:26 - Mar 23 with 1224 viewssolent_toffee

Lockdown on 21:00 - Mar 23 by dirk_doone

The Scottish Highlands and Welsh mountains and the roads leading to them have seen record numbers of vehicles and people gathering on them. Even in my local area today, I've never seen so many people out walking and shopping before. It's like there is some big outdoor festival going on.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 21:06]

I take my dog to Victoria Country Park twice a day for a walk, got there on Saturday morning and it was absolutely packed. People playing games, families having picnics, kids and dads climbing all over the new woodland bit. Christ even the train was running and was packed. I turned round and went home. People really do need to spoon fed in this country. It’s bizarre.
Lockdown on 21:28 - Mar 23 with 1212 viewsSaintNick

Lockdown on 21:14 - Mar 23 by Capt_Koons

They are saying it's non political because they know it is right, at this moment in time with a virus throughout the world killing people in thousands i am not arsed what the tories did in the last 10 years I cant change that, I cant change the result of the election, so all I care about is what Boris Johnson does next, today, tomorrow, next week and next month till we have beaten the virus.

Then we can argue about free market extremists' marxists, bigots or whatever, till then I want a united parliament all doing the right thing for the country

Lockdown on 21:31 - Mar 23 with 1200 viewsCapt_Koons

Lockdown on 21:25 - Mar 23 by SaintNick

Yeah I would at times like this I dont care who is in charge as log as they do the job

Hes not doing the job though. He started talking about herd immunity when other countries were going into lockdown, and then once it was pointed out to him what a balls up that was he dithered about suggesting we might stay at home. For a man who models himself on Churchill he sure comes up wanting.

Lockdown on 21:35 - Mar 23 with 1173 viewsSaintNick

Lockdown on 21:31 - Mar 23 by Capt_Koons

Hes not doing the job though. He started talking about herd immunity when other countries were going into lockdown, and then once it was pointed out to him what a balls up that was he dithered about suggesting we might stay at home. For a man who models himself on Churchill he sure comes up wanting.

All that matters is the end result, not how he gets there, I dont express political views on here and Im not now, as a country we either all kick in the same direction and help each other not hinder or the future is bleak

Lockdown on 21:39 - Mar 23 with 1163 viewsSaintsforeverj

Lockdown on 21:25 - Mar 23 by Capt_Koons

Is he fook. Boris was holding back from total lockdown just to be kind!!!!!!! Are you for real ?
Nothing to do with big business not wanting to suffer?
The blokes a fooking chancer who has been gambling with the lives of millions

People stockpiling so that NHS workers can't get food are the idiots. People crowding in a market are the idiots. People told to stay at home and they were told to stay at home, are the idiots for not staying at home. Boris if anything was a little naive thinking that people would do as asked. He has now acted and it is the right move.

Lockdown on 21:40 - Mar 23 with 1161 viewsthissceptredsaint

Sorry Nick , people will be dying because Mr Johnson and his boss Mr Cummings believes certain types of people -like people my age are expendable.

My nephew is a junior doctor at Great Ormond Street hospital, you try telling him this shouldn't be a political matter. He is exhausted and he is scared. We managed to talk to him today briefly.

When you see how other countries like Germany are handling this and how many ventilators and beds there are per person compared to us then my god it becomes political.

And yes if Boris wasn't so committed to individualism then perhaps he would have acted sooner. In fact we still haven't gone far enough. Look how selfish people have gone to Wales and the Highlands spreading the risk of infection instead of doing as they were told. We should have had the forces involved and a rationing/food co-ordination plan in place. Instead we leave it up to Tesco...ridiculous. We do this because we are told the state can't run things yet here we are, desperate for state intervention

Look how people think the rules of society don't apply to them, only others. I've seen this increase since the 80's.
Lockdown on 21:46 - Mar 23 with 1142 viewssaint22

Lockdown on 21:28 - Mar 23 by SaintNick

They are saying it's non political because they know it is right, at this moment in time with a virus throughout the world killing people in thousands i am not arsed what the tories did in the last 10 years I cant change that, I cant change the result of the election, so all I care about is what Boris Johnson does next, today, tomorrow, next week and next month till we have beaten the virus.

Then we can argue about free market extremists' marxists, bigots or whatever, till then I want a united parliament all doing the right thing for the country

It should have happened a week ago
He is hardly a revolutionary he sucked up to his finance board buddies but now it’s dawned on him he better sort it
Anyone tried booking a food delivery.....?!?
It’s a shambles
Lockdown on 21:49 - Mar 23 with 1133 viewsSaintNick

Lockdown on 21:40 - Mar 23 by thissceptredsaint

Sorry Nick , people will be dying because Mr Johnson and his boss Mr Cummings believes certain types of people -like people my age are expendable.

My nephew is a junior doctor at Great Ormond Street hospital, you try telling him this shouldn't be a political matter. He is exhausted and he is scared. We managed to talk to him today briefly.

When you see how other countries like Germany are handling this and how many ventilators and beds there are per person compared to us then my god it becomes political.

And yes if Boris wasn't so committed to individualism then perhaps he would have acted sooner. In fact we still haven't gone far enough. Look how selfish people have gone to Wales and the Highlands spreading the risk of infection instead of doing as they were told. We should have had the forces involved and a rationing/food co-ordination plan in place. Instead we leave it up to Tesco...ridiculous. We do this because we are told the state can't run things yet here we are, desperate for state intervention

Look how people think the rules of society don't apply to them, only others. I've seen this increase since the 80's.

I am not defending the past I am talking about now, we cant change the past we can only change the future.

Lockdown on 21:56 - Mar 23 with 1115 viewsbattler

Lockdown on 21:40 - Mar 23 by thissceptredsaint

I see you have finally crawled out of your cave with a new user name then. Brexit and Corbyn's total humiliation at the general election has left you and you fellow comrade "Capt Koons" a couple of bitter old lefty's.
Boris can be a bit of a fool at times but he's damned if he does and damned if he dont. He acted upon advice from the so called experts and scientists. If he had done this earlier no doubt you would of accused him of overreacting and living in a nanny state.
Lockdown on 22:12 - Mar 23 with 1078 viewsSaintsforeverj

Lockdown on 21:56 - Mar 23 by battler

I see you have finally crawled out of your cave with a new user name then. Brexit and Corbyn's total humiliation at the general election has left you and you fellow comrade "Capt Koons" a couple of bitter old lefty's.
Boris can be a bit of a fool at times but he's damned if he does and damned if he dont. He acted upon advice from the so called experts and scientists. If he had done this earlier no doubt you would of accused him of overreacting and living in a nanny state.

I know what you mean. We are in a state of emergency, people are dying and some people on here just want to run down the PM, because they are still upset about his landslide election. Well sorry, the British public overwhelmingly voted Boris as our PM. We are facing a crisis that just needs all of us to play our part and help save lives. Now is not the time to rerun the election.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024