Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what are people doing if they are not going out? 07:34 - Mar 25 with 1301 viewsthissceptredsaint

I am doing a spot of DIY around the house. There is not much to do though as I've kept it well maintained. I've been reading more online news/newspapers and I find the Times to be particularly good. I've just finished the Mortimer and Whitehouse book - Gone Fishing- . I would particularly recommend it to anyone wanting to get a youngster to give it a try because there is a very simple and well written chapter on setting up to start fishing.

Now there is so little sport there is not much to watch. Any recommendations for TV series or films?
So what are people doing if they are not going out? on 17:22 - Mar 26 with 251 viewsOccasional_Showers

So what are people doing if they are not going out? (n/t) on 16:01 - Mar 26 by DellHero

[Post edited 9 May 2020 21:57]

Can’t see it affecting me. Even if cars become self driving they’ll still require an attendant at the wheel. That means they’d still need to employ a pleb plater, or 11 pleb platers to match what a transporter can take. With my job the skill isn’t just with the driving (although it’s the longest and highest truck on the road), it’s with the loading. Every load is different, car loads, van loads, mixed loads, you’ve got to know where to put each vehicle and then get it at or under 16ft. Then you’ve got to watch out for trees as you don’t want to dragging brand new cars through branches. There’s a lot more to it than you would think, hence why it’s the highest paid job in the industry - way above fuel tankers that have seen wages decimated by Eastern European’s.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

So what are people doing if they are not going out? (n/t) on 18:19 - Mar 26 with 226 viewsDellHero

So what are people doing if they are not going out? on 17:22 - Mar 26 by Occasional_Showers

Can’t see it affecting me. Even if cars become self driving they’ll still require an attendant at the wheel. That means they’d still need to employ a pleb plater, or 11 pleb platers to match what a transporter can take. With my job the skill isn’t just with the driving (although it’s the longest and highest truck on the road), it’s with the loading. Every load is different, car loads, van loads, mixed loads, you’ve got to know where to put each vehicle and then get it at or under 16ft. Then you’ve got to watch out for trees as you don’t want to dragging brand new cars through branches. There’s a lot more to it than you would think, hence why it’s the highest paid job in the industry - way above fuel tankers that have seen wages decimated by Eastern European’s.

[Post edited 9 May 2020 21:58]
So what are people doing if they are not going out? on 21:17 - Mar 26 with 194 viewskernow

DIY. Converting a kennel into a place fit for human habitation.
Downgrading and downsizing it is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024