Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On This Day In History - The Ruddock Stomp Is Born ! 18:15 - Apr 1 with 424 viewsSaintsNews

On This Day In History - The Ruddock Stomp Is Born ! 1st Apr 2020 18:11
Saints V Newcastle United at the Dell 1st April 1989 a crunch relegation six pointer a hero is born and a goal celebration is born, where you there that day ? 6

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
On This Day In History - The Ruddock Stomp Is Born ! on 20:44 - Apr 1 with 375 viewsthis_charming_man

wow, 31 years ago. I was there, i was 12 and still going with my older brother at that time, it was about 2 years later i'd start going with mates and head towards the back of the Milton. We were in our usual spot at that time 1/3 of the way up to , to left of the goal so right in line with where Rod Wallace got brought down for the penalty. The thing i remember most about that period was saints were actually a pretty good side, we just couldn't buy a win for some reason.

Im not sure your story is entirely accurate though when you say Le Tissier was not on the field unless i'm mistaken a minute or so after the penalty and with the game in injury time im sure he had the ball near the corner flag and with a few Newcastle players around him kick the ball as hard and high as he could over the wall at the back of the milton and into the road outside the ground, the cheer for that was almost as big as the goal. By the time they got another ball out the game was almost done. Strange the things you remember.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2020 8:40]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

On This Day In History - The Ruddock Stomp Is Born ! on 08:20 - Apr 2 with 316 viewsMytchettSaint

And to think, even on that dreadful run, home games were still more enjoyable than these last four seasons...

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024