Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quiz Question 11:49 - Apr 2 with 21707 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many times have Southampton Football club had an attendance of over 35,000 at their stadium?

say in the last 40 years.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Quiz Question on 16:22 - Apr 9 with 1498 viewsdirk_doone

And finally, when this gets updated, you'll be even farther below us:

https://www.nufc.com/html/2018-19html/attendance-all-time.html

Nearly 70 years since Little Pompey had a 30,000 average and you'll probably never see another one because most of the sailors have gone now..
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 16:24]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Quiz Question on 16:25 - Apr 9 with 1487 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 16:22 - Apr 9 by dirk_doone

And finally, when this gets updated, you'll be even farther below us:

https://www.nufc.com/html/2018-19html/attendance-all-time.html

Nearly 70 years since Little Pompey had a 30,000 average and you'll probably never see another one because most of the sailors have gone now..
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 16:24]

Even with your cheating figures, you still can't get into the top 20.

It's a shame you are so far behind us in the top flight averages.

Quiz Question on 16:27 - Apr 9 with 1481 viewsdirk_doone

Quiz Question on 16:25 - Apr 9 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Even with your cheating figures, you still can't get into the top 20.

It's a shame you are so far behind us in the top flight averages.

Even with your cheating figures, you are still well below us. Think on that, Maria.

Quiz Question on 16:33 - Apr 9 with 1467 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 16:27 - Apr 9 by dirk_doone

Even with your cheating figures, you are still well below us. Think on that, Maria.

it's very simple, back in the day most clubs under counted their attendances, as agreed on the other thread, and Pompey were one of the most corrupt clubs,

Hypothetically speaking by Butty101 9 Apr 2020 11:08
If you sold 50k of tickets but no one turned up for the match, Does that mean you still have an attendance of 50k?

These days, fans are counted when they don't even turn up ie STH's, and as shown in the daily rags, and via Freedom of information requests, your club is one of the worst culprits

Even with all your advantages, Pompey still has a far higher league attendance in the top flight, and higher FA cup attendances. You just need to get over it.

Quiz Question on 16:38 - Apr 9 with 1460 viewsdjsaint

Quiz Question on 16:08 - Apr 9 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

How do you explain the 16.463 AVERAGE IN 1990?

Would love to hear you explain 8 average gates below 10k since the 70's!

For such an apparent sleeping giant you really can't defend that, no matter what div you're in!

Utter disgrace!
Quiz Question on 16:39 - Apr 9 with 1455 viewsdirk_doone

Quiz Question on 16:33 - Apr 9 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

it's very simple, back in the day most clubs under counted their attendances, as agreed on the other thread, and Pompey were one of the most corrupt clubs,

Hypothetically speaking by Butty101 9 Apr 2020 11:08
If you sold 50k of tickets but no one turned up for the match, Does that mean you still have an attendance of 50k?

These days, fans are counted when they don't even turn up ie STH's, and as shown in the daily rags, and via Freedom of information requests, your club is one of the worst culprits

Even with all your advantages, Pompey still has a far higher league attendance in the top flight, and higher FA cup attendances. You just need to get over it.

The only thing that's simple is that it's been proved on more than 20 different occasions that you've lied about attendance figures in your posts so nobody can believe anything you say any more.

You really don't do pompey fans any favours, do you?

It's nearly 70 years since Little Pompey had a 30,000 average and it's probably never going to happen again and if it weren't for your personal obsession with Southampton, we wouldn't even bother mentioning it on here and embarrassing your fellow pompey fans even more..
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 16:46]

Quiz Question on 16:47 - Apr 9 with 1435 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 16:38 - Apr 9 by djsaint

Would love to hear you explain 8 average gates below 10k since the 70's!

For such an apparent sleeping giant you really can't defend that, no matter what div you're in!

Utter disgrace!

I would love you to explain the following:

1. Having 6 sub 10k gates back when football was having much higher average gates.
2. Having less than the League average a quite incredible 27 times
3. Having average gates lower than Pompey's last 5 seasons in div4 and amazing 12 times, and even having MLT in your team for most of these seasons.
4. Never having more than 32,500 at your stadium in over a hundred years (don't use stadium size)
5. Having such low attendances with Shearer and MLT in your team.
6. Never having had a national attendance record.

Quiz Question on 16:48 - Apr 9 with 1431 viewsdirk_doone

You really don't learn, do you, Maria? You just keep digging that hole you are in deeper and deeper.

As I was saying:

The only thing that's simple is that it's been proved on more than 20 different occasions that you've lied about attendance figures in your posts so nobody can believe anything you say any more.

It's nearly 70 years since Little Pompey had a 30,000 average and it's probably never going to happen again and if it weren't for your personal obsession with Southampton, we wouldn't even bother mentioning it on here.

[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 16:51]

Login to get fewer ads

Quiz Question on 17:07 - Apr 9 with 1416 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 16:48 - Apr 9 by dirk_doone

You really don't learn, do you, Maria? You just keep digging that hole you are in deeper and deeper.

As I was saying:

It's nearly 70 years since Little Pompey had a 30,000 average and it's probably never going to happen again and if it weren't for your personal obsession with Southampton, we wouldn't even bother mentioning it on here.

[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 16:51]

What a great thread, I've got Dirk Doone talking directly to me again, same as les. I've got charming boy actually checking facts, and 'Marcus' is having direct banter with charming boy.

All I have done is start a thread on attendances, my first one ever. Absolutely no structure to the thread. It just goes to show attendances mean an awful lot to fans of Soton, for some strange reason.

Quiz Question on 17:23 - Apr 9 with 1399 viewsdirk_doone

As I was saying:

Quiz Question on 17:34 - Apr 9 with 1393 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 17:23 - Apr 9 by dirk_doone

As I was saying:

I would love you to explain the following:

1. Having 6 sub 10k gates back when football was having much higher average gates.
2. Having less than the League average a quite incredible 27 times
3. Having average gates lower than Pompey's last 5 seasons in div4 and amazing 12 times, and even having MLT in your team for most of these seasons.
4. Never having more than 32,500 at your stadium in over a hundred years (don't use stadium size)
5. Having such low attendances with Shearer and MLT in your team.
6. Never having had a national attendance record.

Quiz Question on 17:41 - Apr 9 with 1389 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 15:10 - Apr 9 by hedgeend61

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/retro/proud-pompey-fans-1980-551731

Local rag said 12,000 planned to travel, but you know best, 15,000 easily beats your average home attendance for 32 years between 1970-2001 (bar 3 seasons, none of which made 16,000)

So Liverpool had 17,000 scattered round the other 3 sides of Anfield? Yeah right

Your lot once took 60 to Wigan in the PL
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 15:11]

The reality is that Pompey took over 13,000 up officially, but another 2k made their own and way up as it looked like Liverpool weren't too bothered about the compo.

Quiz Question on 18:01 - Apr 9 with 1372 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

I think my favourite attendance stats of all are these.

A. Pompey's lowest ever average attendance in the top flight (an embarrassing sub16k attendance) is higher than 15 of your seasons, and all of those seasons had le Tizz in the team.

B. Pompey's highest ever top flight average attendances are getting on for 3 times higher than your lowest ever top flight attendance

C. Pompey's all time top flight average is 2,600 higher than Soton's

Quiz Question on 18:09 - Apr 9 with 1365 viewshedgeend61

Quiz Question on 16:08 - Apr 9 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

How do you explain the 16.463 AVERAGE IN 1990?

Highest was 20,510 that season, so capacity around 21,000.(78%)
15.200 from 1995, all seats.

How do you explain Little Portsmouth 8959 average in 1990 with a 28,000 capacity (31%)
Deacon still cheating the figures?
Quiz Question on 18:15 - Apr 9 with 1351 viewsIngskneeslide

The freak has been on here for nearly 7 hours straight today. Incredible. Lockdown or not what a depraved lifestyle he must lead
Quiz Question on 18:16 - Apr 9 with 1347 viewsdjsaint

Southampton's worst league gate in any one season has been higher than the blue fews best gate of that same season on no fewer than 17 occasions!

How many times can they say the same?
Absolutely zero!
Quiz Question on 18:38 - Apr 9 with 1309 viewsPatfromPoole

Quiz Question on 17:41 - Apr 9 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The reality is that Pompey took over 13,000 up officially, but another 2k made their own and way up as it looked like Liverpool weren't too bothered about the compo.

“13,000 went up officially and 2,000 made their own way up....”

😂😂😂

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Quiz Question on 19:13 - Apr 9 with 1290 viewsdjsaint

Quiz Question on 18:01 - Apr 9 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

A. Pompey's lowest ever average attendance in the top flight (an embarrassing sub16k attendance) is higher than 15 of your seasons, and all of those seasons had le Tizz in the team.

B. Pompey's highest ever top flight average attendances are getting on for 3 times higher than your lowest ever top flight attendance

Some of my favourites:

A. blue fews lowest ever top flight game attendance 4,031, Southampton's 8,658.

B. Southampton's highest ever top flight league game attendance is over 8 times higher than the blue fews lowest.

C. Southampton's all time league average is better than the blue fews.
Quiz Question on 19:31 - Apr 9 with 1278 viewsthis_charming_man

I think my favorite attendance stat is this

Total atttendances
Southampton 40.8 million
Portsmouth 38.2mIllion

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Quiz Question on 19:39 - Apr 9 with 1263 viewsdjsaint

Quiz Question on 19:31 - Apr 9 by this_charming_man

I think my favorite attendance stat is this

Total atttendances
Southampton 40.8 million
Portsmouth 38.2mIllion

Wait for the excuses on this one, could be good!
Quiz Question on 20:39 - Apr 9 with 1240 viewsthis_charming_man

Quiz Question on 19:39 - Apr 9 by djsaint

Wait for the excuses on this one, could be good!

Oh we’ve had them all

Fake attendances
Dodgy chairman under reporting Pompey (but not ours)
Basketball
Strikes
Boycotts
Parts of the stadium being shut

The list is endless
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 20:40]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Quiz Question on 12:22 - Apr 10 with 1164 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 18:09 - Apr 9 by hedgeend61

Highest was 20,510 that season, so capacity around 21,000.(78%)
15.200 from 1995, all seats.

How do you explain Little Portsmouth 8959 average in 1990 with a 28,000 capacity (31%)
Deacon still cheating the figures?

"Capacity was 15,200 for most of those"

So, that in fact is a porky pie then, and doesn't account for the other 9 extremely low attendances before the new stadium was built?

Quiz Question on 12:25 - Apr 10 with 1159 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 18:15 - Apr 9 by Ingskneeslide

The freak has been on here for nearly 7 hours straight today. Incredible. Lockdown or not what a depraved lifestyle he must lead

Do you exaggerate everything? I came on at midday for a couple of hours, then returned at 4pm for another few posts.

You of course live on this board, as did Les with his multitude of characters meaning he was probably on here for 16 hours straight

Get into that garden fella

Quiz Question on 12:50 - Apr 10 with 1131 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 18:01 - Apr 9 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Just adding to this list

D. Pompey have had 2 seasons averages that have been 4 x bigger than Soton’s 2 lowest

E. Pompey’s highest ever top two league attendance is a mind-boggling 26 x bigger than Soton’s smallest ever (against Port vale). Yes, 26 times bigger.

F. Southampton have never had a home attendance above 32,500 while Pompey have had around 250 or more

G. Pompey's all time highest attendance is almost 20,000 higher than Soton's

H. Soton have had several sub 3,000 attendances in League football, but Pompey have NEVER had one.

G. Zero attendance for the ‘Save the Saints game, whereas about 40,000 Pompey fans donated money to buy their own club.

H. Soton have never had an attendance higher than 32,500 in over 135 years, and that leaves them about 60th in the all time list, behind teams like Orient and Doncaster

I. Soton have been under the national League Average an incredible 27 times, far more than Pompey

J. Soton have had average top flight gates lower than Pompey's last 5 seasons in div4 an amazing 12 times, and that with having MLT in your team for most of these seasons.

K. Soton have never had a national attendance record. Pompey have two.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 13:13]

Quiz Question on 11:40 - Apr 14 with 1009 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

So, just to clarify the basic south coast attendance stats

Pompey : Highest League averages of all time (x3)
Pompey : Highest gates of all time (x 250/300)
Soton : Highest gate aggregate of all time (with cheating)
Soton : Highest overall average league gates (with cheating)
Pompey : Highest average top flight gates
Pompey : Highest overall average FA cup gates
Pompey : Lowest League averages of all time (x4)
Soton : Lowest league gates of all time (x4/5)
Soton : Lowest FA cup gates of all time (10/15)
Soton : Highest number of seasons under league average

Highs 4-2 Pompey
Lows 3-1 Soton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024