Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How are you doing in this lockdown? 16:11 - Apr 7 with 981 viewssolent_toffee

I go out every morning with the dog for a walk and that’s me for the day. Don’t leave the house til the following day. Went for a big shop last Wednesday and will aim to go again next Wednesday.

Work from home so crack on with it first thing and then have box sets (Sopranos) sky sports classics (Cricket Workd Cup today) and go to bed earlyish after catching up with mates and family.

People round here (Bursledon) seem to be switched on when it comes to the morning walk, keeping their distance etc.

How about you lot? Hope you’re all well btw.
How are you doing in this lockdown? on 16:22 - Apr 7 with 970 viewsTheMoog

Haven’t left the house in two weeks. Piece of p1ss.

Standby to standby

How are you doing in this lockdown? on 16:54 - Apr 7 with 953 viewsWints76

Still working, but on days when I am off, I do have a walk with family or a run. I suffer from restless legs if I don't do anything.

Thought I would read loads, but have ended up watching tv that I don't have to think about. Things like Parks and Rec, US Office, Brooklyn 99 and Modern Family. My old.man is a confirmed case in hospital so I am trying not to think too much
How are you doing in this lockdown? on 17:02 - Apr 7 with 945 views1teeminants

Enjoying it . Taking the dog out for very long walks , he thinks it’s Christmas ffs . Doing a lot of jobs around the house and garden which needed doing, getting the WII out ,excercising at home and spending quality time with family . I will feel better when I get paid end of June as I’m self employed, luckily I’ve got some savings .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

How are you doing in this lockdown? on 17:18 - Apr 7 with 924 viewsTheMoog

How are you doing in this lockdown? on 16:54 - Apr 7 by Wints76

Still working, but on days when I am off, I do have a walk with family or a run. I suffer from restless legs if I don't do anything.

Thought I would read loads, but have ended up watching tv that I don't have to think about. Things like Parks and Rec, US Office, Brooklyn 99 and Modern Family. My old.man is a confirmed case in hospital so I am trying not to think too much

Have you subscribed to Disney+ yet. Worth it for The Mandalorian alone.

Hope your old man recovers soon.

Standby to standby

How are you doing in this lockdown? on 17:28 - Apr 7 with 913 viewsWints76

How are you doing in this lockdown? on 17:18 - Apr 7 by TheMoog

Have you subscribed to Disney+ yet. Worth it for The Mandalorian alone.

Hope your old man recovers soon.

I don't think I can get it on Virgin yet, but I will do just for that.

Old man had been getting better but wasn't too good last night apparently. When he comes home, he will still be infectious for a couple of weeks. So that will be nice for my mum in their little one bed place (though he would have been infectious before he was admitted anyway)
How are you doing in this lockdown? on 17:39 - Apr 7 with 902 viewssolent_toffee

How are you doing in this lockdown? on 16:54 - Apr 7 by Wints76

Hope your dad is on the mend soon.

I’ve got US office on my to do list. Everton are showing games of the past which have been great and much better than those of the present which I’m thoroughly enjoying. There’s a particular semi final coming up around the anniversary of the postponed Everton Saints game in a few weeks that I will be sure to put on here.
How are you doing in this lockdown? on 17:39 - Apr 7 with 901 viewsOlliekhent

Very well thanks solent_toffee. I do not find it hard, for reasons I will not go into on a public forum. Been out to shops which are like an 8 minute walk away, just about every day. Other than that, watching old DVD's. garden work. Putting on weight. The usual stuff you do on lock down.

The only bad air around here is you guys farting around.

How are you doing in this lockdown? on 17:41 - Apr 7 with 899 viewsWints76

How are you doing in this lockdown? on 17:39 - Apr 7 by solent_toffee

Hope your dad is on the mend soon.

I’ve got US office on my to do list. Everton are showing games of the past which have been great and much better than those of the present which I’m thoroughly enjoying. There’s a particular semi final coming up around the anniversary of the postponed Everton Saints game in a few weeks that I will be sure to put on here.

Ha, I think I have only seen the goal from that game a
few times. Lucky bounce 😀
Login to get fewer ads

How are you doing in this lockdown? on 17:41 - Apr 7 with 898 viewssolent_toffee

How are you doing in this lockdown? on 17:02 - Apr 7 by 1teeminants

Enjoying it . Taking the dog out for very long walks , he thinks it’s Christmas ffs . Doing a lot of jobs around the house and garden which needed doing, getting the WII out ,excercising at home and spending quality time with family . I will feel better when I get paid end of June as I’m self employed, luckily I’ve got some savings .

A lot of people around ours have started taking dogs for walks (not entirely sure they are their own).

They are obviously new to it though as I’ve not seen this amount of dog mess since, well the last time I went around the streets near Goodison.
How are you doing in this lockdown? on 17:44 - Apr 7 with 894 viewssolent_toffee

How are you doing in this lockdown? on 17:41 - Apr 7 by Wints76

Ha, I think I have only seen the goal from that game a
few times. Lucky bounce 😀

They are showing the full ninety minutes apparently, they have been doing so far anyway. They showed the Sharp Derby at Anfield the other week. It was the unedited version from the BBC with John Motson talking about an Everton banner before realising it was pure filth and saying to the producer that he can’t talk about it anymore because he think it’s a bit rude. It was pure Partridge.
How are you doing in this lockdown? on 17:58 - Apr 7 with 867 viewsWinchesterExile

Hasn't made that much difference to me. I'm now working from home and doing about the same amount of hours although I'm able to do more exercise as I can use my commute time to do a bit more.

Main difference is that because the missus is off, the food around here is brilliant although I will be around 27 stone in a couple of weeks.

I'm not missing fretting about Saints either.

All in all, its OK although that will change if someone I know cops it. % wise Jersey confirmed cases are much higher than the UK so we'll have to see how things pan out.

Stay safe you f*uckers.
How are you doing in this lockdown? on 18:45 - Apr 7 with 840 views1teeminants

How are you doing in this lockdown? on 17:41 - Apr 7 by solent_toffee

A lot of people around ours have started taking dogs for walks (not entirely sure they are their own).

They are obviously new to it though as I’ve not seen this amount of dog mess since, well the last time I went around the streets near Goodison.

Yes I know what you mean toffee, mind you there’s still one or two around here who have dogs that still don’t take them out , lazy bastards . My dog is a mental working cocker spaniel so he needs loads of excercise and it keeps me fit . Stay safe.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

How are you doing in this lockdown? on 19:11 - Apr 7 with 825 viewsdirk_doone

Good to hear you're all doing well.

Two British Airways holidays cancelled so far as well, of course, as football matches and concerts. The refunds for some of those give a bit of a boost to the bank account. It's difficult to spend money nowadays.

We seem to spend a hell of a lot more time on the phone to relatives than usual. I do the rounds of them every night, from my oldest relative, who's 90, through to my grandchildren. One of my daughters is due to give birth to the fifth one soon so I usually spend about an hour chatting to her. It's not the best of times to be giving birth.

Other than that, the usual life of an old man, walking and gardening.

Stay safe.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 19:14]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

How are you doing in this lockdown? on 19:29 - Apr 7 with 784 viewsHappy_Jack

This lockdown has simply confirmed what I'd been thinking for years. I much prefer the company of my dog to that of people. I thought I'd quite enjoy being a recluse now I know I would.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

How are you doing in this lockdown? on 19:48 - Apr 7 with 754 viewsdirk_doone

How are you doing in this lockdown? on 19:29 - Apr 7 by Happy_Jack

This lockdown has simply confirmed what I'd been thinking for years. I much prefer the company of my dog to that of people. I thought I'd quite enjoy being a recluse now I know I would.

To be honest, Jack, I always thought that might suit you. Just imagine if you were Robinson Crusoe and 130 turned up as Friday, mincing his way towards you with an exercise book full of his boring lists. You'd welcome a crowd after that.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 6:38]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024