Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The positives of Coronavirus 19:39 - Apr 9 with 3091 viewsOccasional_Showers

1. Rationing of Soaps on TV
2. No people visiting
3. The countryside is quiet again without car noise

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

The positives of Coronavirus on 19:51 - Apr 9 with 1835 viewsUlsterBaz

Your third point in particular is quite remarkable. I took my bike out for an hour this afternoon in the sunshine and it was genuinely eerie there was so little traffic.
The positives of Coronavirus on 20:13 - Apr 9 with 1822 viewsOccasional_Showers

The positives of Coronavirus on 19:51 - Apr 9 by UlsterBaz

Your third point in particular is quite remarkable. I took my bike out for an hour this afternoon in the sunshine and it was genuinely eerie there was so little traffic.

I was out the other day and stopped and all I could hear was birdsong.

The positives of Coronavirus on 20:41 - Apr 9 with 1792 viewskingslandstand1

1. The lack of cars on the road
2. Not having to wait for the green man saying it's safe to cross said road
3. Being repetitive, but birdsong
The positives of Coronavirus on 20:55 - Apr 9 with 1780 viewsHappy_Jack

The lack of pollution. The sky has looked beautiful over the last few days.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

The positives of Coronavirus on 21:53 - Apr 9 with 1750 viewsSaintsforeverj

Really cheap petrol,
Working from home, so not using petrol,
Having the odd beer whilst working from home,
More time to post on here

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

The positives of Coronavirus on 22:05 - Apr 9 with 1735 viewsBicester_North

Just doing things you never normally have time for is good. Books, films and documentaries, home and garden stuff with the family.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The positives of Coronavirus on 22:36 - Apr 9 with 1697 viewsthis_charming_man

The highlight for me has been playing football with my son every day in the back garden. He absolutely loves it, every morning asks me when we can play again and has made me realize how litttle Proper time we spend together. During the week it’s all work then in a weekend whilst I think I’m doing the right thing all I really do it drive him to organised groups and watch or do something else whilst he’s in them. It’s been quite humbling actually and costs nothing

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

The positives of Coronavirus on 22:45 - Apr 9 with 1686 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

1. Ecological and climate recovery; the sheer volume of wildlife, birds, clearer air to breathe - with a lung condition I genuinely feel a difference even in my garden - the air has felt like proper "country" air again.
2. Your own country. I'm going to throw a few things in this category;
2.1 the importance of manufacturing in your own country and not relying on China (i.e. PPE - people just doing it here)
2.2 fewer/no flights. Sure a foreign holiday is nice, but there is LOADS in this country that doesn't involve needing to get on a plane and wreck the climate
2.3 linked to the above, people realising that despite you looking an ugly c**t on a video call, it's made no difference and we can plan and get on with stuff without needing to travel there in person
3. Family time. My son has loved me being here and has said so. More pushes on the swing, more cricket in the garden (he's suddenly got into that), he's helped me plant veg and cook together - amazing. All that wasted time commuting.

I certainly think that after this, whenever that is, there will be some changes in life. Less commuting, more WFH, less plane travel, more people valuing family life. Not to mention, less food wastage! I've saved up and re-used far more than I would've in the past. Even as the chief cook in the house, I've never bothered keeping much in the way of leftovers and I notice as I put our main bin out tonight that it's 50% full rather than me squashing the rubbish down.

We are a wasteful society, I hope this changes things. Oh and lastly, I don't miss football at all, sorry to the guys here who do love football, but I don't anymore. Still, if anyone has a ticket for the next final Saints are at, I'll have it ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Login to get fewer ads

The positives of Coronavirus on 22:57 - Apr 9 with 1668 viewsBicester_North

The positives of Coronavirus on 22:45 - Apr 9 by Gennaro_Contaldo

1. Ecological and climate recovery; the sheer volume of wildlife, birds, clearer air to breathe - with a lung condition I genuinely feel a difference even in my garden - the air has felt like proper "country" air again.
2.1 the importance of manufacturing in your own country and not relying on China (i.e. PPE - people just doing it here)
2.2 fewer/no flights. Sure a foreign holiday is nice, but there is LOADS in this country that doesn't involve needing to get on a plane and wreck the climate
2.3 linked to the above, people realising that despite you looking an ugly c**t on a video call, it's made no difference and we can plan and get on with stuff without needing to travel there in person
3. Family time. My son has loved me being here and has said so. More pushes on the swing, more cricket in the garden (he's suddenly got into that), he's helped me plant veg and cook together - amazing. All that wasted time commuting.

I certainly think that after this, whenever that is, there will be some changes in life. Less commuting, more WFH, less plane travel, more people valuing family life. Not to mention, less food wastage! I've saved up and re-used far more than I would've in the past. Even as the chief cook in the house, I've never bothered keeping much in the way of leftovers and I notice as I put our main bin out tonight that it's 50% full rather than me squashing the rubbish down.

We are a wasteful society, I hope this changes things. Oh and lastly, I don't miss football at all, sorry to the guys here who do love football, but I don't anymore. Still, if anyone has a ticket for the next final Saints are at, I'll have it ...

I agree with all those positives, sadly the long term social and economic fallout from this is going to wreck a lot of families lives as well I fear.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The positives of Coronavirus on 23:02 - Apr 9 with 1657 viewsthis_charming_man

I fell out with my sister in law this week, the spolit selfish c7nt as she said she was going to csrry on as normal as our area hasn’t really been badly effected and no one knows has had it. Incredible arrogance,

The positives of Coronavirus on 23:06 - Apr 9 with 1650 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The positives of Coronavirus on 23:02 - Apr 9 by this_charming_man

I fell out with my sister in law this week, the spolit selfish c7nt as she said she was going to csrry on as normal as our area hasn’t really been badly effected and no one knows has had it. Incredible arrogance,

What an idiot. There are loads like that though. My neighbour, early 80s, lung cancer survivor has had his cleaner in (who has been in many houses), and the gardeners round AND his grandkids.

FFS. What don't people understand?? It's not hard - you may be bored on your own, sure, but if you behave like that it will go on for a lot longer. ARGH!

The positives of Coronavirus on 23:07 - Apr 9 with 1649 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The positives of Coronavirus on 22:57 - Apr 9 by Bicester_North

I agree with all those positives, sadly the long term social and economic fallout from this is going to wreck a lot of families lives as well I fear.

Agreed, but thankfully the government is prepared to throw money around left, right and centre, so I'm hopeful of fewer financial impacts than other countries.

The positives of Coronavirus on 23:22 - Apr 9 with 1622 viewsthis_charming_man

The positives of Coronavirus on 23:06 - Apr 9 by Gennaro_Contaldo

What an idiot. There are loads like that though. My neighbour, early 80s, lung cancer survivor has had his cleaner in (who has been in many houses), and the gardeners round AND his grandkids.

FFS. What don't people understand?? It's not hard - you may be bored on your own, sure, but if you behave like that it will go on for a lot longer. ARGH!

She’s a c7nt, really selfish me, me, me. She doesn’t get that she’d probably be okay if she got it but she could easily pass it on to people, or imagine if she gave it to her 13 year old daughter and she had to go to hospital and they could see her, I still don’t think she gets it, thick f6ck, her husband is just as bad, real arrogance about them both.

The positives of Coronavirus on 23:39 - Apr 9 with 1601 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The positives of Coronavirus on 23:22 - Apr 9 by this_charming_man

She’s a c7nt, really selfish me, me, me. She doesn’t get that she’d probably be okay if she got it but she could easily pass it on to people, or imagine if she gave it to her 13 year old daughter and she had to go to hospital and they could see her, I still don’t think she gets it, thick f6ck, her husband is just as bad, real arrogance about them both.

I don't know what to say, those that don't understand will never be told, until it happens to them, not loved ones, but them. Sad really.

The positives of Coronavirus on 23:44 - Apr 9 with 1595 viewsthis_charming_man

The positives of Coronavirus on 23:39 - Apr 9 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I don't know what to say, those that don't understand will never be told, until it happens to them, not loved ones, but them. Sad really.

As you know I’m a pretty chilled out sort of person (When sober😉) but honestly I was fuming when we got off the FaceTime, said to missus TCM she deserves to get it. I was staggered at the arrogance that it should not disrupt their plans to have 6 people over for dinner tomorrow night. C8nts the lot of them.

The positives of Coronavirus on 23:51 - Apr 9 with 1585 viewsthis_charming_man

Another good thing is we’ve used local butchers, fishmongers, Greengrocers and take away. We always tried to anyway but you know how it is, fancy lamb for tea, it’s easy to pop to Sainsbury’s yo get some lamb chops. We’ve been placing weekly orders at our local ones and I’ve loved getting meat, veg and fish packs arrive all raised or green locally, sold by small local companies, we’ll definitely continue this way in future.

The positives of Coronavirus on 23:56 - Apr 9 with 1583 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The positives of Coronavirus on 23:44 - Apr 9 by this_charming_man

As you know I’m a pretty chilled out sort of person (When sober😉) but honestly I was fuming when we got off the FaceTime, said to missus TCM she deserves to get it. I was staggered at the arrogance that it should not disrupt their plans to have 6 people over for dinner tomorrow night. C8nts the lot of them.

Outstanding!

So are you coming to our dinner party tomorrow?

On your other post - agreed, we've used local companies for fresh fruit, meat and veg and have been seriously impressed. I've got priority ordering for Ocado, but am only using them for non-food etc items. I hope more people use the local guys after this. Whilst the high street is dead, there are so many local companies who'll deliver, decent quality stuff, let's use them.

For you; this place impressed me when I was last up - https://www.thelocalpantry.co.uk/

The positives of Coronavirus on 00:08 - Apr 10 with 1577 viewsthis_charming_man

The positives of Coronavirus on 23:56 - Apr 9 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Outstanding!

So are you coming to our dinner party tomorrow?

On your other post - agreed, we've used local companies for fresh fruit, meat and veg and have been seriously impressed. I've got priority ordering for Ocado, but am only using them for non-food etc items. I hope more people use the local guys after this. Whilst the high street is dead, there are so many local companies who'll deliver, decent quality stuff, let's use them.

For you; this place impressed me when I was last up - https://www.thelocalpantry.co.uk/

That looks good, I forgot to mention we also have a family run bakers round the corner too, fresh bread every morning, it’s like it was when I was a kid. Very fortunate in that we have a family run bakers, butchers, fish mongers and 2 green grocers within 10 mins walk, we really have no excuse to go to a supermarket.

The positives of Coronavirus on 03:41 - Apr 10 with 1542 views1885_SFC

I know this will sound a tad trivial - but a huge positive (for me anyway) will be the huge numbers of foxes, badgers, deer & hedgehogs that won't get run over now because of zero traffic. Gotta be good news that.

Old School is Cool

The positives of Coronavirus on 08:07 - Apr 10 with 1478 viewsOccasional_Showers

I’ve been exercising every day, doing things I’ve not done since I was a kid. I’ve been on proper long walks, the dog has never been fitter or happier! Bought a new dogs bollocks mountain bike and did a 15 miles ride yesterday.

Also been able to do a lot more nice things for other people. Gave chocolates to the nurses at my local cottage hospital. When out cycling yesterday happened to pass a local garage and shouted out to ask the mechanic if he was still doing MOT’s. I expect his business was on its arse so helped him out - he got me in yesterday afternoon and it passed no problems. On the way home (and I know this isn’t strictly allowed) passed a gypsy caravan on a lane selling animals carved out of wood. Ive always got on well with gypsys as they’re down to earth people. stopped and bought one. It put £60 in his pocket when I doubt he’s got much coming in now. Little things like that you can do the right things and help people.

The positives of Coronavirus on 08:08 - Apr 10 with 1479 viewssaint22

I agree with all this
I actually enjoyed reading everyone’s positive posts for once, I think this is a thread where we all agree for once!
The reduction in stress and anxiety thru less work pressure is a joy
The positives of Coronavirus on 08:16 - Apr 10 with 1467 viewsHeisenberg

And yet when Corbyn suggested reducing the working week with the ultimate aim to look at working 4 days to reduce the burden on the environment and to encourage more quality time with with families he was ridiculed. Give it a few weeks after the lockdown and the rat race will be back full on. Work as many hours as you can, buy shite you don't need, travel when and where you want. I hope we learn from all this but I'm not hopeful.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

The positives of Coronavirus on 08:19 - Apr 10 with 1455 viewsIngskneeslide

The positives of Coronavirus on 08:08 - Apr 10 by saint22

I agree with all this
I actually enjoyed reading everyone’s positive posts for once, I think this is a thread where we all agree for once!
The reduction in stress and anxiety thru less work pressure is a joy

Good lad 22. I hope you remember this when RH next chooses his team though. Just think to yourself, “does it REALLY matter?”, because it really doesn’t.
The positives of Coronavirus on 08:36 - Apr 10 with 1432 viewsOccasional_Showers

The positives of Coronavirus on 08:16 - Apr 10 by Heisenberg

And yet when Corbyn suggested reducing the working week with the ultimate aim to look at working 4 days to reduce the burden on the environment and to encourage more quality time with with families he was ridiculed. Give it a few weeks after the lockdown and the rat race will be back full on. Work as many hours as you can, buy shite you don't need, travel when and where you want. I hope we learn from all this but I'm not hopeful.

If you want to live in a globalised multicultural society you have to compete with rival countries. I would love it if we could go back to being a country that made more things and we paid more for these things to support our economy instead of sending all of our cash to China for flimsy badly made rubbish.

When this crisis is over how about a govt ad campaign?

BUY BRITISH

PROTECT JOBS

SAVE OUR ECONOMY

[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 8:39]

The positives of Coronavirus on 08:37 - Apr 10 with 1431 viewssolent_toffee

The positives of Coronavirus on 22:36 - Apr 9 by this_charming_man

The highlight for me has been playing football with my son every day in the back garden. He absolutely loves it, every morning asks me when we can play again and has made me realize how litttle Proper time we spend together. During the week it’s all work then in a weekend whilst I think I’m doing the right thing all I really do it drive him to organised groups and watch or do something else whilst he’s in them. It’s been quite humbling actually and costs nothing

Have you got any of the Premier League Primary Star resources? Schools that have the programme have them. If not, give us a shout and I can post them on here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024