Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Stay Alert” 09:32 - May 10 with 10972 viewsPatfromPoole

Well, there’s a “how long is a piece of string?” slogan if ever I heard one.......

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

“Stay Alert” on 09:39 - May 10 with 3622 viewsOccasional_Showers

So that means we don’t need to “stay (at ffs) home” anymore?

The old bill are going to love the ambiguity of the new message.

Of course we need to hear the Prime Minister later as the lockdown restrictions may well be lifted which would make the transition from “staying at home” to “staying alert” message appropriate, however if we are still being asked to “stay at home” it’s a shambles and somebody is going to have make an embarrassing u turn.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 9:44]

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

“Stay Alert” on 10:37 - May 10 with 3612 viewsYarman

“Stay Alert” on 09:39 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

So that means we don’t need to “stay (at ffs) home” anymore?

The old bill are going to love the ambiguity of the new message.

Of course we need to hear the Prime Minister later as the lockdown restrictions may well be lifted which would make the transition from “staying at home” to “staying alert” message appropriate, however if we are still being asked to “stay at home” it’s a shambles and somebody is going to have make an embarrassing u turn.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 9:44]

OS, l cannot work from home and have been working on and off since lockdown, over this time l have seen more and more people out on the streets. it can only be office and non essential shop works still off, as all other Trades are still working. Surely if people think its ok to go walkabout and mix when on furlough, then they should be allowed to go back to work.
Two or three weeks ago the press and MP's were banging on about lifting lockdown, and now that it looks like lockdown is going to be eased they saying its to soon !!
“Stay Alert” on 10:42 - May 10 with 3597 viewssaint22

https://apple.news/ANqD-BpRdQvuRNVDgEIzmqQ
“Stay Alert” on 10:47 - May 10 with 3539 viewsOccasional_Showers

“Stay Alert” on 10:37 - May 10 by Yarman

OS, l cannot work from home and have been working on and off since lockdown, over this time l have seen more and more people out on the streets. it can only be office and non essential shop works still off, as all other Trades are still working. Surely if people think its ok to go walkabout and mix when on furlough, then they should be allowed to go back to work.
Two or three weeks ago the press and MP's were banging on about lifting lockdown, and now that it looks like lockdown is going to be eased they saying its to soon !!

I think it’s too soon. I’m having a lovely long holiday on almost full pay, and am looking forward to the garden centre opening up tomorrow. I’ll be gutted if he says my sector is reopening before June.

“Stay Alert” on 10:54 - May 10 with 3562 viewsYarman

“Stay Alert” on 10:47 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

I think it’s too soon. I’m having a lovely long holiday on almost full pay, and am looking forward to the garden centre opening up tomorrow. I’ll be gutted if he says my sector is reopening before June.

I agree its a nice slow pace of life at the moment, but with respect, if you were not being paid to stay at home would you still see that way?.
“Stay Alert” on 11:00 - May 10 with 3540 viewskernow

Two or three weeks ago you were calling for the lockdown to be lifted!?
Berating the left wing, as usual.
“Stay Alert” on 11:13 - May 10 with 3485 viewsOccasional_Showers

“Stay Alert” on 11:00 - May 10 by kernow

It needs lifting, but from a personal point of view I’m loving having a long holiday. I don’t apologise for that. Lockdown has been brilliant.

“Stay Alert” on 11:15 - May 10 with 3519 viewsinthebox

Second out breaks happening all over the place, this is going to go on
Login to get fewer ads

“Stay Alert” on 11:15 - May 10 with 3515 viewsPatfromPoole

I have to say I think garden centres are amongst the most boring places on earth.

I will barely be able to contain my excitement at their re-opening.

“Stay Alert” on 11:16 - May 10 with 3514 viewsinthebox

Alert of what?
“Stay Alert” on 11:18 - May 10 with 3511 viewskentsouthampton

Apart from a two week blip at the start when sales fell dramatically it hasn't affected me in the slightest,I trade from home anyway.
Sales are back to normal.
“Stay Alert” on 11:20 - May 10 with 3497 viewsthissceptredsaint

Its pathetic isn't it. Nudging people back to work and danger and if that doesn't work starving them into submission by cutting the furlough allowance to 60 percent.

I bet Boris and co are protected now though.
“Stay Alert” on 11:22 - May 10 with 3489 viewsSadoldgit

“Stay Alert” on 11:16 - May 10 by inthebox

Alert of what?

Molecular viruses contained in microscopic water droplets in the air. Viruses on door knobs. You know, that kind of thing.
“Stay Alert” on 11:24 - May 10 with 3484 viewsYarman

“Stay Alert” on 11:00 - May 10 by kernow

Please Kernow lets not make this a left or right rant, mistakes are being made all the time and would have been if anyone else was in power. People need to take responsibility for their own actions, its not the fault of any government if some people wont do what is right for the good of everybody, because they dont agree with it
“Stay Alert” on 12:59 - May 10 with 3414 viewskentsouthampton

Absolutely appalling message. The Scottish medical lead said he doesn't even know what Stay Alert means. I think it is sounds like when out, keeping your eyes wide open, looking around at all times whilst looking for the virus. Anyone else got a clue?
“Stay Alert” on 13:03 - May 10 with 3408 viewsRednWight

“Stay Alert” on 11:13 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

It needs lifting, but from a personal point of view I’m loving having a long holiday. I don’t apologise for that. Lockdown has been brilliant.

So you’re happy to scrounge of the taxpayer ?

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

“Stay Alert” on 13:25 - May 10 with 3393 viewskentsouthampton

According to that font of all wisdom Robert Jendrick stay alert means stay at home, if that's the case why change the advice?
“Stay Alert” on 13:33 - May 10 with 3345 viewsOccasional_Showers

“Stay Alert” on 13:25 - May 10 by kentsouthampton

According to that font of all wisdom Robert Jendrick stay alert means stay at home, if that's the case why change the advice?

Because the official unofficial message now is to go out but the official official message is still to stay in. In other words they secretly want everyone to go out even though they are having to say they want everyone to stay in. It’s quite clear when you think about it. Once everyone starts following the official unofficial advice and start going out and ignoring the official official advice it will mean that the lockdown is lifted and when the official unofficial advice becomes the official advice the advice we were unofficially following will be what we are doing anyway.

“Stay Alert” on 13:36 - May 10 with 3367 viewskentsouthampton

“Stay Alert” on 13:33 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

Because the official unofficial message now is to go out but the official official message is still to stay in. In other words they secretly want everyone to go out even though they are having to say they want everyone to stay in. It’s quite clear when you think about it. Once everyone starts following the official unofficial advice and start going out and ignoring the official official advice it will mean that the lockdown is lifted and when the official unofficial advice becomes the official advice the advice we were unofficially following will be what we are doing anyway.

And it will all be our own fault if we have to go back into lockdown again, this lot are so transparent it's ridiculous.
“Stay Alert” on 13:41 - May 10 with 3360 viewsBoris_

This is the problem. The nation has become almost addicted to benefits and almost full pay for sitting at home doing nothing.

There are so many people on Twitter etc shouting and screaming for the lockdown to be extended, 99.9% of them are 'workers' currently furloughed or workshy teachers sat at home on full pay.

I imagine the furlough scheme will end for all sectors able to still trade ( everything apart from events and hospitality ) from next month.

Hopefully todays announcement effectively makes it 'acceptable' to visit close family and friends if done sensibly.

Poll: Claude Puel

“Stay Alert” on 13:41 - May 10 with 3351 viewsPatfromPoole

“Stay Alert” on 13:33 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

That’s very good actually

“Stay Alert” on 13:42 - May 10 with 3354 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 11:20 - May 10 by thissceptredsaint

Its pathetic isn't it. Nudging people back to work and danger and if that doesn't work starving them into submission by cutting the furlough allowance to 60 percent.

I bet Boris and co are protected now though.

We have the most generous furlough scheme and employee/employment benefits in the world through this pandemic.

Even as a BUSINESS owner, I agree that the furlough scheme needs phasing out. The nation ( Dunce included ) have become addicted to benefits.

Poll: Claude Puel

“Stay Alert” on 13:46 - May 10 with 3347 viewsRednWight

“Stay Alert” on 13:41 - May 10 by Boris_

This is the problem. The nation has become almost addicted to benefits and almost full pay for sitting at home doing nothing.

There are so many people on Twitter etc shouting and screaming for the lockdown to be extended, 99.9% of them are 'workers' currently furloughed or workshy teachers sat at home on full pay.

I imagine the furlough scheme will end for all sectors able to still trade ( everything apart from events and hospitality ) from next month.

Hopefully todays announcement effectively makes it 'acceptable' to visit close family and friends if done sensibly.

I didn’t know that you had to declare your employment status to go on Twitter

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

“Stay Alert” on 14:06 - May 10 with 3314 viewskernow

“Stay Alert” on 11:13 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

"I think it's too soon."
"it needs lifting."
Which is it ?
None of this officially unofficial bollox.
“Stay Alert” on 14:06 - May 10 with 3310 viewsPatfromPoole

“Stay Alert” on 13:42 - May 10 by Boris_

We have the most generous furlough scheme and employee/employment benefits in the world through this pandemic.

Even as a BUSINESS owner, I agree that the furlough scheme needs phasing out. The nation ( Dunce included ) have become addicted to benefits.

Big BUSINESS needs to hear tonight what is happening with the Job Retention Scheme for furloughed workers, currently running until the end of June.-

Collective consultations affecting 100 or more staff require a 45-day consultation process.

I think there may be some very busy HR teams this week depending on what they hear tonight.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024