Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Second wave 21:06 - May 20 with 6262 viewsPatfromPoole

Give it 2-3 weeks.

Bournemouth / Poole will be full of it.

Drove past Bournemouth Pier at 11.30am this morning and it was a moment of despair.....

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18462766.coronavirus-concerns-crowds-pack

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Second wave on 08:22 - May 21 with 1145 viewsCenturion

A very balanced commentary on the situation.

You can't really tell from photos if people are social distancing as the camera often makes people look closer together.

I would be interested in the unbiased opinions of people who were at the beaches.
Second wave on 08:31 - May 21 with 1129 viewsJaySaint

I went to a very public place yesterday. There were people there shouting at others for 'taking the pish'. Ironic seeing as those shouting were also at the same place (I presume taking the pish does not apply to them)!

in all honestly, I expected to see hordes of people crammed in (the impression you get in the papers) and the reality was very different. People were well apart from each other, nice big gaps when queuing for an ice cream (and it took ages) and the cafes/pubs were offering take away drink/snacks only.

All rather civilised and much better social distancing than any shop I have been in.

unsure what the fuss is about?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Second wave on 08:54 - May 21 with 1100 viewsBoris_

Second wave on 07:31 - May 21 by kentsouthampton

A massive two percent are thought to have been infected according to all the experts, two percent and fifty thousand plus deaths.
By the time we get to ten percent that equates to a quarter of a million dead.
But then what do viral experts know when faced with the superior knowledge of joeys on a mongboard.

Now, now - don't fudge figures to suit your agenda. I swear people like you actually WANT there to be more deaths just so you can moan a bit more about Boris.

The actual facts are WHO estimate 2-3% of the GLOBAL population have antibodies.

In France and Germany, they believe its around 15%. Now add in our population density and level of virus we have here, it would be fair to assume at least 20-25%

Regardless, I doubt herd immunity will end the virus. It will either die out naturally or we'll have to live with it until a vaccine.

Poll: Claude Puel

Second wave on 08:55 - May 21 with 1101 viewsSteveMoron

They all look 2m apart.
People need to calm down.
Second wave on 08:59 - May 21 with 1095 viewssaint22

Second wave on 23:16 - May 20 by dirk_doone

References to 'they' are in effect just references to Dominic Cummings. He is the man making the decisions.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 5:37]

he is the real danger
Second wave on 09:12 - May 21 with 1082 viewsBoris_

Second wave on 08:55 - May 21 by SteveMoron

They all look 2m apart.
People need to calm down.

Indeed. Off the back of Brexit and 48% of the nation thinking they have a politics degree, the same 48% have now been to medical school and all of them will only discuss negative facts, almost wishing that we have as many deaths as possible.

I do wonder if in their heads, they think if there's 100,000 deaths Boris might resign and they will have a shot at a 2nd referendum. The left/remoaners are so obsessed with negative news that it's the only plausible reason I can think of.

Second wave on 09:51 - May 21 with 1053 viewsRon11

Second wave on 08:31 - May 21 by JaySaint

I went to a very public place yesterday. There were people there shouting at others for 'taking the pish'. Ironic seeing as those shouting were also at the same place (I presume taking the pish does not apply to them)!

in all honestly, I expected to see hordes of people crammed in (the impression you get in the papers) and the reality was very different. People were well apart from each other, nice big gaps when queuing for an ice cream (and it took ages) and the cafes/pubs were offering take away drink/snacks only.

All rather civilised and much better social distancing than any shop I have been in.

On a 'normal' Wednesday at this time of the year (schools open, people at work) even with beautiful weather, Mean Shore beach would be fairly quiet, and until yesterday has been.
I took my dog down there yesterday for a walk, and it was very busy, but I have to say there was no stupid parking, people were well separated on the beach, and those walking observed the two metre rule with courtesy and good humour.
The only problem was the hordes of helmets on bikes riding too fast, being aggressive,riding on areas where the signs indicate 'no cycling ' and riding two abreast down the road to the beach. It appears that most of these c*nts haven't been on a bike for at least ten years and now think they are immortal owners of wherever they choose to ride.
Second wave on 09:54 - May 21 with 1046 viewsBicester_North

Second wave on 08:54 - May 21 by Boris_

Now, now - don't fudge figures to suit your agenda. I swear people like you actually WANT there to be more deaths just so you can moan a bit more about Boris.

The actual facts are WHO estimate 2-3% of the GLOBAL population have antibodies.

In France and Germany, they believe its around 15%. Now add in our population density and level of virus we have here, it would be fair to assume at least 20-25%

Regardless, I doubt herd immunity will end the virus. It will either die out naturally or we'll have to live with it until a vaccine.

The skate helmet can’t help himself, he’s a super spreader of bullshit

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

Second wave on 10:06 - May 21 with 1027 viewsCenturion

Second wave on 08:31 - May 21 by JaySaint

Thanks. Witness on the scene is much better than a photo.

My experience is similar. In the 'popular' spots I have been past I have noticed people observing 2 metres, sticking in what are obviously family groups and being quite sensible.

IMO we have to learn to 'live' with the virus around.

I think there will be an underlying infection death rate and infection rate for some time unfortunately. However, it needs to be managed as best it can and I believe it will.

Also, the world must get the economy going as well.

I think the Govt have done a good job so far.
Second wave on 11:50 - May 21 with 973 viewsSadoldgit

What a strange comment. Once again we see the unpleasant thought process of some of those on the right. I doubt very much if anyone wants to see a high death toll and quiet clearly many of us have been critical of the government because we believe it should be much lower. You critique people because you say they think they are experts yet you seem to know better than many professional advisers about when it is safe for schools to return. From the start you have played down the seriousness of this pandemic despite the fact that the death rate is twice as much as the government figure of what would have been a “good” mortality rate. When the enquiry is completed and we hear chapter and verse about how badly we have performed you will still be on here playing the death rate down and supporting your namesake. One model suggests if the government had acted sooner to lockdown and implement the test, track and isolate policy the mortality rate could have been in the hundreds rather than tens of thousands. It might not bother you, but it does bother a lot of other people.
Second wave on 12:02 - May 21 with 970 viewsBoris_

Second wave on 11:50 - May 21 by Sadoldgit

What a strange comment. Once again we see the unpleasant thought process of some of those on the right. I doubt very much if anyone wants to see a high death toll and quiet clearly many of us have been critical of the government because we believe it should be much lower. You critique people because you say they think they are experts yet you seem to know better than many professional advisers about when it is safe for schools to return. From the start you have played down the seriousness of this pandemic despite the fact that the death rate is twice as much as the government figure of what would have been a “good” mortality rate. When the enquiry is completed and we hear chapter and verse about how badly we have performed you will still be on here playing the death rate down and supporting your namesake. One model suggests if the government had acted sooner to lockdown and implement the test, track and isolate policy the mortality rate could have been in the hundreds rather than tens of thousands. It might not bother you, but it does bother a lot of other people.

Mortality rate in the hundreds? Are you mental?

You accuse me of saying I know better than people and then you quote something like that as if it's true?

You are critical of the government because you didn't vote for them and because Brexit is happening against your will. That's literally the only reason you cry like a big baby on here every single day.

The time for the enquiry is once things have settled down. For now, let the government and scientists do their job.

IF it turns out that once the enquiry goes ahead, the government were negligent ( there's a big difference between negligent and human/scientific errors ) then of course they will be held to account.

Conservatives will still be in government however and Brexit is still happening, so you should learn to accept that.

Second wave on 16:10 - May 21 with 899 viewssaint22

Second wave on 12:02 - May 21 by Boris_

You accuse me of saying I know better than people and then you quote something like that as if it's true?

You are critical of the government because you didn't vote for them and because Brexit is happening against your will. That's literally the only reason you cry like a big baby on here every single day.

The time for the enquiry is once things have settled down. For now, let the government and scientists do their job.

IF it turns out that once the enquiry goes ahead, the government were negligent ( there's a big difference between negligent and human/scientific errors ) then of course they will be held to account.

Conservatives will still be in government however and Brexit is still happening, so you should learn to accept that.

Yeah enquiries after the event to tell us what we know now and a bit late for all those with relatives in care homes etc
Are you Cummings in disguise?
Second wave on 16:38 - May 21 with 886 viewsBicester_North

Second wave on 16:10 - May 21 by saint22

Yeah enquiries after the event to tell us what we know now and a bit late for all those with relatives in care homes etc
Are you Cummings in disguise?

Even Cummings doesn’t lie endlessly about his lifestyle like you do. Your contempt for the poor and the environment might bond you and Cummings over a bagel though.

Second wave on 17:36 - May 21 with 852 viewsSadoldgit

Second wave on 12:02 - May 21 by Boris_

Go look at the death rate in Sweden.

It is entirely possible to critique the government even if you did vote for them. You should try it sometime, you might find it liberating.

No one is crying like a big baby. If you want an adult discussion try conversing like one.

This has nothing to do with Brexit.

There will be an enquiry and I am letting the government and scientists do their jobs.

I do accept that the Conservatives will still be in power. In a democracy we are entirely entitled to comment on those in power as you would be doing if another party had won the election.

You need to learn to live with people criticising the government. There are 5 more years of it to come judging by what we have seen so far.

As for letting people get on with their jobs - perhaps let the teachers unions, teachers, local councils and government sort out a consensus for a safe return of schools without coming on here everyday and accusing people of being workshy and lazy just because they don’t want to die or get very sick.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 18:18]
Second wave on 17:48 - May 21 with 845 viewsBison

Second wave on 17:36 - May 21 by Sadoldgit

It is entirely possible to critique the government even if you did vote for them. You should try it sometime, you might find it liberating.

No one is crying like a big baby. If you want an adult discussion try conversing like one.

There will be an enquiry and I am letting the government and scientists do their jobs.

I do accept that the Conservatives will still be in power. In a democracy we are entirely entitled to comment on those in power as you would be doing if another party had won the election.

You need to learn to live with people criticising the government. There are 5 more years of it to come judging by what we have seen so far.

As for letting people get on with their jobs - perhaps let the teachers unions, teachers, local councils and government sort out a consensus for a safe return of schools without coming on here everyday and accusing people of being workshy and lazy just because they don’t want to die or get very sick.

Yes I see what you mean with Sweden looks like they got it right.

Swedish deaths are 6.08/M, with NO lockdown
UK deaths are 5.57/M WITH lockdown.

That's only a 0.5 people per million difference, yet Sweden's economy is humming along, whereas the UK's is crippled now and for months to come; plus all the other UK deaths.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Second wave on 18:42 - May 21 with 811 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52754039

https://mobile.twitter.com/Aj_gritt/status/1263139767748788225?ref_src=twsrc%5Et

People keeping their distance?
[Post edited 21 May 2020 18:43]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Second wave on 19:23 - May 21 with 775 viewscocklebreath

Second wave on 18:42 - May 21 by Saintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52754039

https://mobile.twitter.com/Aj_gritt/status/1263139767748788225?ref_src=twsrc%5Et

People keeping their distance?
[Post edited 21 May 2020 18:43]

The Southend One looks bad but that part of the country is full of nackers, the Bournemouth one looks fine to me.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Second wave on 19:57 - May 21 with 754 viewssolent_toffee

Second wave on 19:23 - May 21 by cocklebreath

The Southend One looks bad but that part of the country is full of nackers, the Bournemouth one looks fine to me.

The press were always going to jump on this and Bournemouth is always their go to beach place, regardless of the situation. That looks like the decent social distance to me. I guess the issue could be around transport, toilets etc but that’s not what the post was suggesting.

I went to Studland last Friday en route to take shopping to elderly relatives in Swanage. Had the place to myself almost, it was ace.
Second wave on 20:02 - May 21 with 742 viewsBoris_

Second wave on 17:36 - May 21 by Sadoldgit

The death rate in Sweden is less than the UK, Spain, Italy, France and Belgium. It's very similar to Holland and Ireland ( both of which are praised for the way they have handled things )

They've achieved that whilst keeping their economy open and being much much closer to herd immunity than any other nation.

I assume you're just picking up Piers Morgan tweets rather than looking at the facts?

Second wave on 20:05 - May 21 with 740 viewsBoris_

Second wave on 17:48 - May 21 by Bison

Yes I see what you mean with Sweden looks like they got it right.

Swedish deaths are 6.08/M, with NO lockdown
UK deaths are 5.57/M WITH lockdown.

That's only a 0.5 people per million difference, yet Sweden's economy is humming along, whereas the UK's is crippled now and for months to come; plus all the other UK deaths.

Actually SadOldGit is cherry picking. UK, Italy, Belgium and Spain, have 50% MORE deaths than Sweden in total per 1m population.

The stat you're referring to is over the last 7 days, not in total. There will always be fluctuations.

Sweden are showing that you can live with the virus and carry on with relative normality that protects the future economy.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 20:14]

Second wave on 00:02 - May 22 with 665 viewsDorsetIan

Second wave on 20:05 - May 21 by Boris_

Actually SadOldGit is cherry picking. UK, Italy, Belgium and Spain, have 50% MORE deaths than Sweden in total per 1m population.

The stat you're referring to is over the last 7 days, not in total. There will always be fluctuations.

Sweden are showing that you can live with the virus and carry on with relative normality that protects the future economy.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 20:14]

Yes, if you‘re Swedish. They’re some of the least demonstrative and tactile people if Europe. 2m Social distancing for them is a rave.

They’re also incredibly well informed and law abiding.

We just wouldn’t be up to the job of controlling the virus without a lockdown.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Second wave on 00:15 - May 22 with 657 viewskentsouthampton

Latest figures it's 5%, lets look at Sweden who are heading for the highest death rate per capita and have only managed 7.5% immunity.
Get real.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/21/just-7-per-cent-of-stockholm-had-c
[Post edited 22 May 2020 0:17]
Second wave on 00:22 - May 22 with 651 viewsBicester_North

Second wave on 00:15 - May 22 by kentsouthampton

Latest figures it's 5%, lets look at Sweden who are heading for the highest death rate per capita and have only managed 7.5% immunity.
Get real.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/21/just-7-per-cent-of-stockholm-had-c

The 7.5% was some weeks ago as it says in that article, now believed to be about 20%

Second wave on 00:32 - May 22 with 640 viewsSadoldgit

Second wave on 20:02 - May 21 by Boris_

The death rate in Sweden is less than the UK, Spain, Italy, France and Belgium. It's very similar to Holland and Ireland ( both of which are praised for the way they have handled things )

They've achieved that whilst keeping their economy open and being much much closer to herd immunity than any other nation.

I assume you're just picking up Piers Morgan tweets rather than looking at the facts?

No Boris, I was picking up originally on a model which showed if we had closed schools earlier and locked down earlier the mortality rate could have been in the hundreds instead of the tens of thousands. If you look at what the government are talking about with the R rating it will give you some idea of what happens if you don’t contain the virus.
Second wave on 07:43 - May 22 with 587 viewsBoris_

Second wave on 00:15 - May 22 by kentsouthampton

Get real.

Here's another example of irrational bed wetting from the Boris haters.

You've only looked at the title, which refers to the immunity rate almost 2 months ago...

Also, Sweden are not heading for the highest death rate per capita at all. Belgium have had almost double Swedens rate. UK, France, Italy, Spain all have a significantly higher death rate per 1m population.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024