Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League back June 17th 16:35 - May 28 with 1294 viewsBicester_North

Looks like it’s all agreed

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Premier League back June 17th on 16:39 - May 28 with 1066 viewsTripleNiemi

Honestly, and i know this sounds negative, but i dont actually care to be honest at the minute. I can safely say that to date i haven't really missed football at all.
[Post edited 28 May 2020 16:40]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Premier League back June 17th on 16:43 - May 28 with 1056 viewsSaintsforeverj

It is working in Germany so im personally looking forward to some live footy to watch. Looks like a refund on the ST, and every game televised so we see the games anyway. If we can get everything resolved on the pitch, such as relegation etc, there won't be any long term ongoing legal disputes. We can all just move on, and get back to normal as soon as it is safe.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Premier League back June 17th on 16:47 - May 28 with 1042 viewsSadoldgit

What happens if half our team or the opposition (or both) are in self isolating?
Premier League back June 17th on 16:53 - May 28 with 1038 viewsSaintsforeverj

Premier League back June 17th on 16:47 - May 28 by Sadoldgit

What happens if half our team or the opposition (or both) are in self isolating?

I suppose that team's games will just be suspended for 2 weeks.

Premier League back June 17th on 16:55 - May 28 with 1038 viewssaint22

Premier League back June 17th on 16:39 - May 28 by TripleNiemi

Honestly, and i know this sounds negative, but i dont actually care to be honest at the minute. I can safely say that to date i haven't really missed football at all.

agreed
total waste of time and money and resources
Premier League back June 17th on 17:00 - May 28 with 1027 viewsBoris_

Not really bothered about it. Would rather we scrap the season so that Liverpool don't get the title as that would be hilarious.

Poll: Claude Puel

Premier League back June 17th on 17:00 - May 28 with 1028 viewspjt50

Premier League back June 17th on 16:39 - May 28 by TripleNiemi

Got to say I feel much the same. No real interest in the restart.

Not being able to go to a match for probably at least 9 months, a load of meaningless games played behind closed doors, clubs being sold to the Saudis or anybody else with loads of dosh, players behaving like spoiled prats,...  I'm feeling very detached from Premier League football right now.

Maybe I've just been in lockdown too long.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Premier League back June 17th on 17:09 - May 28 with 1015 viewsSaintsforeverj

Premier League back June 17th on 17:00 - May 28 by pjt50

Got to say I feel much the same. No real interest in the restart.

Not being able to go to a match for probably at least 9 months, a load of meaningless games played behind closed doors, clubs being sold to the Saudis or anybody else with loads of dosh, players behaving like spoiled prats,...  I'm feeling very detached from Premier League football right now.

Maybe I've just been in lockdown too long.

I can understand the annoyance with PL football, the greed, the money and everything else. But I personally love watching live football, and am looking forward to seeing my team play again.

It will provide some conversation, arguments about team selections, who is going down etc. Get our Saints shirts out of the cupboard and wear them proud, when we beat Man U at an empty Old Trafford.

Login to get fewer ads

Premier League back June 17th on 17:29 - May 28 with 985 viewskingslandstand1

Premier League back June 17th on 16:47 - May 28 by Sadoldgit

Or just say 3 of our players
Premier League back June 17th on 17:32 - May 28 with 980 viewskingslandstand1

Premier League back June 17th on 16:43 - May 28 by Saintsforeverj

It is working in Germany so im personally looking forward to some live footy to watch. Looks like a refund on the ST, and every game televised so we see the games anyway. If we can get everything resolved on the pitch, such as relegation etc, there won't be any long term ongoing legal disputes. We can all just move on, and get back to normal as soon as it is safe.

Shit, thst means Sky cost going back up to fill price with no crowd celebrations or atmosphere or player interaction with the crowd. I haven't watched any of the German games but although glad season will be seen out, providing we don't get dragged down, can't help but feel it'll be like a damp squid
Premier League back June 17th on 17:32 - May 28 with 980 viewspjt50

Premier League back June 17th on 17:29 - May 28 by kingslandstand1

Especially if they're all goalkeepers

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Premier League back June 17th on 17:36 - May 28 with 971 viewskingslandstand1

Premier League back June 17th on 16:55 - May 28 by saint22

agreed
total waste of time and money and resources

But what are the alternatives apart from abandoning the season and imagine the legal implications with that.
And where to we go with relegation and promotions if say the EFL do something different to the Prem
Don't know the answer but it all seems a buggers mess
Premier League back June 17th on 17:39 - May 28 with 971 viewsSaintsforeverj

Premier League back June 17th on 17:32 - May 28 by kingslandstand1

Shit, thst means Sky cost going back up to fill price with no crowd celebrations or atmosphere or player interaction with the crowd. I haven't watched any of the German games but although glad season will be seen out, providing we don't get dragged down, can't help but feel it'll be like a damp squid

It's likely to be a boring end to the season for us, unless we get dragged into relegation battle but I will be interested to see who goes down.

Premier League back June 17th on 17:45 - May 28 with 964 viewssolent_toffee

I noticed a groundsman marking out the cricket pitch at Royal Victoria Country Park yesterday, I’m more excited about watching a load of amateurs playing cricket than watching what amounts to pre-season training.
Premier League back June 17th on 17:47 - May 28 with 958 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Premier League back June 17th on 17:00 - May 28 by Boris_

Not really bothered about it. Would rather we scrap the season so that Liverpool don't get the title as that would be hilarious.

I'm not fussed either. Watching them tap the ball around trying not to get injured in an empty ground with no noise ... thrilling.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Premier League back June 17th on 17:49 - May 28 with 953 viewsSaintsforeverj

Premier League back June 17th on 17:47 - May 28 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I'm not fussed either. Watching them tap the ball around trying not to get injured in an empty ground with no noise ... thrilling.

Watching us beat man u at Old Trafford or watching West Ham get relegated might be quite thrilling. But I take your point. It is just making the best out of a bad situation.

Premier League back June 17th on 20:48 - May 28 with 841 viewsgreen

I watched a bit of the German re-start and it reminded me of a pre-season friendly.

Given we're much better away from home when teams are more likely to come at us, I wonder how having no crowd could affect us. Will the home team sit back without the home crowd encouraging them to attack and then just pick us off when we make another defensive mistake?
Premier League back June 17th on 20:52 - May 28 with 835 viewsWaylander

Premier League back June 17th on 17:29 - May 28 by kingslandstand1

same as if they were injured
Premier League back June 17th on 22:57 - May 28 with 754 viewshedgeend61

Premier League back June 17th on 20:48 - May 28 by green

I watched a bit of the German re-start and it reminded me of a pre-season friendly.

Given we're much better away from home when teams are more likely to come at us, I wonder how having no crowd could affect us. Will the home team sit back without the home crowd encouraging them to attack and then just pick us off when we make another defensive mistake?

Only 3 of the first 22 German Bundesliga games played behind closed doors resulted in home wins (3-7-12), and 2 of those 3 were the top two, Bayern and Dortmund.

13% compared to a normal 42%.
Premier League back June 17th on 23:07 - May 28 with 739 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I've softened as the day has gone on.

Yes, it'll be tippy tappy, not wanting to get injured, pre-season style and yes, it'll be weird in a silent stadium, but ... it's something different on the TV.

I'm totally out of series to watch, probably like most people and I feel like Jay from the Inbetweeners; "TV? Completed it mate".

So yeah, something different even not up to normal standards will be good to watch.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Premier League back June 17th on 23:12 - May 28 with 733 views1teeminants

Premier League back June 17th on 16:43 - May 28 by Saintsforeverj

Looking forward to it. I’ve enjoyed watching the bundesliga a lot more than I thought I would. The players have been fully committed and there has been some entertaining games .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Premier League back June 17th on 23:18 - May 28 with 726 viewsSteveMoron

I'm looking forward to it.
Credit to SaintNick. He was right to be positive about a restart. I wasn't.
We've just got to make the best of things and get on with life.
Premier League back June 17th on 08:53 - May 29 with 584 viewsNumber_58

Premier League back June 17th on 17:45 - May 28 by solent_toffee

I noticed a groundsman marking out the cricket pitch at Royal Victoria Country Park yesterday, I’m more excited about watching a load of amateurs playing cricket than watching what amounts to pre-season training.

The groundman at RVCP was being a tad optimistic. I can't see much amateur cricket being played this summer, especially now the ECB has said no county games will take place before August.
Premier League back June 17th on 08:55 - May 29 with 580 viewssolent_toffee

Premier League back June 17th on 08:53 - May 29 by Number_58

The groundman at RVCP was being a tad optimistic. I can't see much amateur cricket being played this summer, especially now the ECB has said no county games will take place before August.

Just saw on the BBC that test cricket could take place at the rose bowl (not ageus for me) on the 8th July.
Premier League back June 17th on 09:12 - May 29 with 567 viewsSteveMoron

Premier League back June 17th on 08:53 - May 29 by Number_58

You could have a 'crowd' at a county game. It's easy for 20 people to socially distance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024