Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tradesmen 10:46 - May 31 with 1567 viewsJaySaint

Any of you here self employed tradesmen?
Plumber? Painter? Chippy?

Can I ask? How busy are you now?

Also, why are you so appalling at following up on your social media platforms?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Tradesmen on 14:21 - May 31 with 1476 viewsYarman

Im a s/e carpenter.... as busy as l want to be....and l am not on social media.
Tradesmen on 14:34 - May 31 with 1424 viewsJaySaint

Tradesmen on 14:21 - May 31 by Yarman

Im a s/e carpenter.... as busy as l want to be....and l am not on social media.

Find it odd, we are getting a bit of work done to the house.
around £10k work, requires painters, plumbers etc.

we have used Facebook as means of comms (as directed by their own websites) and not heard anything back for over a week, with some.

Others, have come round, took pics and said they will email quotes. Some have no bothered

one chap came round and told us how busy he was and probably could not be able to fit us in for about 2 month, then when his quote was received, it was more than 100% more expensive than the next expensive quote.

It is just that the absolute lack of comms via their own social media channels, I find weird. I guess it cannot be hitting them that hard.

I have noticed, all have asked the question on what method of payment I prefer...

Tradesmen on 14:43 - May 31 with 1406 viewscocklebreath

Window cleaner, too much work, my round normally takes 6 weeks to do it’s going to take 9 weeks this time. Don’t need to advertise as I’m the best window cleaner in aaaaampshire

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Tradesmen on 14:54 - May 31 with 1393 viewsYarman

Tradesmen on 14:34 - May 31 by JaySaint

we have used Facebook as means of comms (as directed by their own websites) and not heard anything back for over a week, with some.

Others, have come round, took pics and said they will email quotes. Some have no bothered

one chap came round and told us how busy he was and probably could not be able to fit us in for about 2 month, then when his quote was received, it was more than 100% more expensive than the next expensive quote.

It is just that the absolute lack of comms via their own social media channels, I find weird. I guess it cannot be hitting them that hard.

I have noticed, all have asked the question on what method of payment I prefer...

I am sorry to hear this.. but not surprised , l do not think social media is the right way to source trades for building work...its full of b/sh1ters... you need to see someones work first or go on recommendation from someone you know. I am old school and if l am doing a job l use a regular bunch of trusted lads.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 15:41]
Tradesmen on 14:57 - May 31 with 1380 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tradesmen on 14:43 - May 31 by cocklebreath

Window cleaner, too much work, my round normally takes 6 weeks to do it’s going to take 9 weeks this time. Don’t need to advertise as I’m the best window cleaner in aaaaampshire

Our window cleaner doesn't even use a ladder, just a pole with with water coming out. It does half a job and he still expects paying for it.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Tradesmen on 15:00 - May 31 with 1374 viewsSadoldgit

Workshy, lazy teachers. Useless tradesmen/women. Makes you wonder how we’re are going to fulfill our amazing potential post Brexit?
Tradesmen on 15:08 - May 31 with 1362 viewsYarman

Tradesmen on 14:57 - May 31 by Occasional_Showers

Our window cleaner doesn't even use a ladder, just a pole with with water coming out. It does half a job and he still expects paying for it.

Don't pay him then !!! ffs
Tradesmen on 15:18 - May 31 with 1351 viewscocklebreath

Tradesmen on 14:57 - May 31 by Occasional_Showers

It doesn’t do half a job you peanut it’s pure water, it drys clean if it doesn’t then he’s using crap water.

Login to get fewer ads

Tradesmen on 17:56 - May 31 with 1294 viewsdarthvader

Self employed . Property treatment / plastering and other things .

I dont bother with facebook as im afraid the bullshit comes from all angles .

Mainly word of mouth , however i did have a lot of postponements for obvious reasons but yes quite busy .

keep the faith coyr

Tradesmen on 18:01 - May 31 with 1286 viewsJaySaint

Tradesmen on 17:56 - May 31 by darthvader

Self employed . Property treatment / plastering and other things .

I dont bother with facebook as im afraid the bullshit comes from all angles .

Mainly word of mouth , however i did have a lot of postponements for obvious reasons but yes quite busy .

I get it when you say bullshit

But when the fella's website says "contact us" and Facebook is the method listed (other than phone), kind of hope they respond.

Even nil response when using the website email facility.

I thought any job would be welcome. Glad many are very busy!

Tradesmen on 19:41 - May 31 with 1243 viewsdarthvader

Tradesmen on 18:01 - May 31 by JaySaint

I get it when you say bullshit

But when the fella's website says "contact us" and Facebook is the method listed (other than phone), kind of hope they respond.

Even nil response when using the website email facility.

I thought any job would be welcome. Glad many are very busy!

I have a few contacts if its anything specific you are after ? If so and i would only use reliable people . However that normally = busy

keep the faith coyr

Tradesmen on 19:57 - May 31 with 1233 viewsJaySaint

Thank you, if nothing comes of the contacts we have made this week, will be in touch.

Great that many are busy though!

Tradesmen on 15:55 - Jun 1 with 1073 viewsButty101

Tradesmen on 15:18 - May 31 by cocklebreath

It doesn’t do half a job you peanut it’s pure water, it drys clean if it doesn’t then he’s using crap water.

@Cocklebreath - We have a window cleaner comes round once every 6 weeks. How much effort would you expect him to put into cleaning the windows? We moved into our new place 8 months ago and ive been decorating so cleaned the windows. The outside windows had little paint splatters from years ago. Would you expect it to get them off?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Tradesmen on 15:58 - Jun 1 with 1070 viewsButty101

Tradesmen on 14:34 - May 31 by JaySaint

It sounds like you have a tricky job. My experience of tradesmen is if they dont fancy the work they double the price.
Over the years ive struggled to find good tradesmen, from someone installer a boiler to laying a patio. The boiler one i particually had a massive fallout with. I wanted pipes routed a different way to what they where. Which he agreed to. Then he starts the work and is putting pipes down the hallway wall. Ended up kicking him off.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Tradesmen on 16:09 - Jun 1 with 1063 viewscocklebreath

Tradesmen on 15:55 - Jun 1 by Butty101

@Cocklebreath - We have a window cleaner comes round once every 6 weeks. How much effort would you expect him to put into cleaning the windows? We moved into our new place 8 months ago and ive been decorating so cleaned the windows. The outside windows had little paint splatters from years ago. Would you expect it to get them off?

If he’s using a pole he won’t get the paint off, if he’s old school with ladders I’d ask him to get the paint off but expect to pay a bit more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024