Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scousers at it again 13:17 - Jun 1 with 3198 viewsBoris_

Watched BBC Breakfast this morning as there was a Scouse family on there who had sadly lost their father to Coronavirus.

They are demanding an independent enquiry as to why the Liverpool v Athletico Madrid game was allowed to go ahead.

Do they ever stop playing the victim card and find someone to blame? I am not sure that anyone was forced to go to the game?
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 13:18]

Poll: Claude Puel

Scousers at it again on 13:24 - Jun 1 with 2345 viewskingslandstand1

I would maybe suggest there would have been uproar had the game been postponed citing the fact that Cheltenham went ahead
Maybe it shouldn't have gone ahead as Covid was by then starting to be prevalent in Spain, but do they know he picked it up at that game?
Scousers at it again on 13:29 - Jun 1 with 2336 viewsBoris_

Scousers at it again on 13:24 - Jun 1 by kingslandstand1

I would maybe suggest there would have been uproar had the game been postponed citing the fact that Cheltenham went ahead
Maybe it shouldn't have gone ahead as Covid was by then starting to be prevalent in Spain, but do they know he picked it up at that game?

Yes and also, considering Spain was already in lockdown, are they unable to make a decision themselves on whether to attend the game or not?

Scousers at it again on 13:41 - Jun 1 with 2317 viewsWints76

It was very strange that fans were allowed to travel from a country that was locked down and arrive in Liverpool and use local taxis, buses, bars, restaurants and whatever other amenities. It is not just where they sat in Anfield.
Scousers at it again on 14:25 - Jun 1 with 2272 viewssolent_toffee

Scousers at it again on 13:41 - Jun 1 by Wints76

It was very strange that fans were allowed to travel from a country that was locked down and arrive in Liverpool and use local taxis, buses, bars, restaurants and whatever other amenities. It is not just where they sat in Anfield.

There have been reports that 43 people have died due to Covid-19 linked to that match. I remember at the time there was a lot of questions as to why it was going ahead given the situation in Madrid.

Unfortunately there football authorities didn’t take much notice to those concerns and so quite rightly there should be an inquiry into it, especially with the clamour to get back to normal and get fans back into stadiums.
Scousers at it again on 15:05 - Jun 1 with 2239 viewsRednWight

Scousers at it again on 13:29 - Jun 1 by Boris_

Yes and also, considering Spain was already in lockdown, are they unable to make a decision themselves on whether to attend the game or not?

I assumed a virus spread outside of football stadiums and if someone from Spain passed it on to a local either in or out of the stadium that local could pass it on to someone with no interest in football who’d been nowhere near the stadium

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Scousers at it again on 15:25 - Jun 1 with 2221 viewsBoris_

Scousers at it again on 15:05 - Jun 1 by RednWight

I assumed a virus spread outside of football stadiums and if someone from Spain passed it on to a local either in or out of the stadium that local could pass it on to someone with no interest in football who’d been nowhere near the stadium

How would an enquiry prove that?

Also, this was about 'Justice for Dad' and looking to blame the government for his fathers death from Coronavirus despite:

1) No proof whatsoever that him ( or anyone else for that matter ) caught Coronavirus from Madrid fans.

2) His father being grown up enough to make a decision for himself whether he felt it was safe enough to go to football.

Scousers at it again on 17:44 - Jun 1 with 2137 viewsRednWight

Scousers at it again on 15:25 - Jun 1 by Boris_

How would an enquiry prove that?

Also, this was about 'Justice for Dad' and looking to blame the government for his fathers death from Coronavirus despite:

1) No proof whatsoever that him ( or anyone else for that matter ) caught Coronavirus from Madrid fans.

2) His father being grown up enough to make a decision for himself whether he felt it was safe enough to go to football.

I wasn’t suggesting an enquiry
I was speculating that if the virus came from a Spaniard on a trip to football it could have been all over the place and this unfortunate person might have caught it from a barman, taxi driver ,or anyone else who said Spaniard had been in touch with
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 18:22]

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Scousers at it again on 10:00 - Jun 2 with 1875 viewssaint68

They've been playing the victim card on this for over 2 months, had they of won it wouldn't be an issue.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Login to get fewer ads

Scousers at it again on 12:44 - Jun 2 with 1800 viewsSaintNick

Scousers at it again on 10:00 - Jun 2 by saint68

They've been playing the victim card on this for over 2 months, had they of won it wouldn't be an issue.

So one family who have lost a loved one to Covid 19 are playing the victim card and represent all scousers whether red or blue.

I cannot believe that if Liverpool had won this family would have been saying never mind at least we have the Champions league to look forward to and a spare ticket available.

Some people on here look for everything bad in Scousers, it's become an obsession

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Scousers at it again on 12:46 - Jun 2 with 1798 viewsBoris_

Scousers at it again on 12:44 - Jun 2 by SaintNick

So one family who have lost a loved one to Covid 19 are playing the victim card and represent all scousers whether red or blue.

I cannot believe that if Liverpool had won this family would have been saying never mind at least we have the Champions league to look forward to and a spare ticket available.

Some people on here look for everything bad in Scousers, it's become an obsession

I haven't see a news article of anyone at Cheltenham Festival blaming the government for allowing them to attend?

Scousers at it again on 08:39 - Jun 3 with 1647 viewsSaintNick

Scousers at it again on 12:46 - Jun 2 by Boris_

I haven't see a news article of anyone at Cheltenham Festival blaming the government for allowing them to attend?

You haven't looked hard enough

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/apr/02/cheltenham-faces-criticism-after-r

I suspect he was from Liverpool !

Scousers at it again on 09:05 - Jun 3 with 1627 viewsBoris_

Scousers at it again on 08:39 - Jun 3 by SaintNick

You haven't looked hard enough

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/apr/02/cheltenham-faces-criticism-after-r

I suspect he was from Liverpool !

Catching a virus off someone else who went to Cheltenham is not the same as CHOOSING to put yourself at risk by attending a football match and then blaming other people when it goes wrong, is it?

Scousers at it again on 09:12 - Jun 3 with 1617 viewsJaySaint

I understand the grief the family are going through but come on.

Its like they are angry the match went ahead, which they had to attend and be put at risk.

Rather than, the match went ahead, they chose to attend (was on TV) and knew the potential risks around a large gathering like that

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Scousers at it again on 09:13 - Jun 3 with 1617 viewsSadoldgit

The simple fact is that our lockdown should have been implemented sooner and that football match and Cheltenham should not have gone ahead. Any one of us would have been unhappy if any of our loved ones had attended one of these events, caught the virus and died. Have a bit of respect for those who have lost people to this awful virus and keep on mind the number of people who could well still be alive if our government had acted sooner.
Scousers at it again on 09:20 - Jun 3 with 1605 viewsSaintNick

Scousers at it again on 09:13 - Jun 3 by Sadoldgit

The simple fact is that our lockdown should have been implemented sooner and that football match and Cheltenham should not have gone ahead. Any one of us would have been unhappy if any of our loved ones had attended one of these events, caught the virus and died. Have a bit of respect for those who have lost people to this awful virus and keep on mind the number of people who could well still be alive if our government had acted sooner.

One question though , it is estimated 30,000 Irishmen travelled over to Cheltenham, so why have they got the low levels of infection they were not locked down till a week after us.

Scousers at it again on 09:23 - Jun 3 with 1597 viewsBoris_

Scousers at it again on 09:20 - Jun 3 by SaintNick

One question though , it is estimated 30,000 Irishmen travelled over to Cheltenham, so why have they got the low levels of infection they were not locked down till a week after us.

Correct. So why do Scousers think that 3000 Spanish, of which only a handful would have been infected, would have spread the virus around Anfield like wildfire?

Scousers at it again on 09:39 - Jun 3 with 1582 viewsSaintNick

Scousers at it again on 09:23 - Jun 3 by Boris_

Correct. So why do Scousers think that 3000 Spanish, of which only a handful would have been infected, would have spread the virus around Anfield like wildfire?

By Scousers you mean one specific family

Scousers at it again on 09:53 - Jun 3 with 1568 viewsSadoldgit

Scousers at it again on 09:20 - Jun 3 by SaintNick

Some 150,000 people attended the event and experts claim that the festival helped spread the virus. The local death rate more than doubled soon after the festival which many attribute to the spreading of the virus at the festival. You seem to have a problem with labelling people from certain parts of the country and the world. You do understand that we are all human beings, we are all capable of catching the virus and of dying if it? You seem to think that we are a bunch of wusses and that the virus is no big deal. Did you watch the programme about the outbreak in New York the other night? Did you see the vans lined up outside the funeral parlour full of bodies? Ok, it hasn’t effected you or your loved ones, but it has effected millions around the world, so maybe show a bit of humility and tone it down a bit?
Scousers at it again on 10:27 - Jun 3 with 1559 viewsBison

Scousers at it again on 09:53 - Jun 3 by Sadoldgit

Some 150,000 people attended the event and experts claim that the festival helped spread the virus. The local death rate more than doubled soon after the festival which many attribute to the spreading of the virus at the festival. You seem to have a problem with labelling people from certain parts of the country and the world. You do understand that we are all human beings, we are all capable of catching the virus and of dying if it? You seem to think that we are a bunch of wusses and that the virus is no big deal. Did you watch the programme about the outbreak in New York the other night? Did you see the vans lined up outside the funeral parlour full of bodies? Ok, it hasn’t effected you or your loved ones, but it has effected millions around the world, so maybe show a bit of humility and tone it down a bit?

Have you seen all these demonstrations and riot stuff in America , I believe they are planning demos in this country as well. When they start spreading it around due to the large gatherings will they blame the government ?

Everybody has a duty of self responsibility , I would of gone to Cheltenham still in retrospect but the horse went lame and was withdrawn . I must admit I wouldn't of bothered going to Anfield but for different reasons !

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Scousers at it again on 11:44 - Jun 3 with 1514 viewsSadoldgit

I don’t condone the riots but it is one thing being killed by a pandemic, another by a law enforcement officer. I can understand why people have taken to the streets I’m anger. How many more blacks people have to die in this way before it is properly addressed? Are these gatherings as likely as causing a second wave as opening up the schools and lifting the lockdown rules? Who knows? If I went on a protest march in these circumstances snd caught the virus, I wouldn’t blame the government. Given that the government had felt it was ok for Cheltenham to go ahead, if I had gone and had contracted the virus, yes I would blame them for that.
Scousers at it again on 11:46 - Jun 3 with 1513 viewsBoris_

Scousers at it again on 11:44 - Jun 3 by Sadoldgit

I don’t condone the riots but it is one thing being killed by a pandemic, another by a law enforcement officer. I can understand why people have taken to the streets I’m anger. How many more blacks people have to die in this way before it is properly addressed? Are these gatherings as likely as causing a second wave as opening up the schools and lifting the lockdown rules? Who knows? If I went on a protest march in these circumstances snd caught the virus, I wouldn’t blame the government. Given that the government had felt it was ok for Cheltenham to go ahead, if I had gone and had contracted the virus, yes I would blame them for that.

You're f*cking mental, mush.

Scousers at it again on 11:52 - Jun 3 with 1509 viewsSadoldgit

Scousers at it again on 11:46 - Jun 3 by Boris_

You're f*cking mental, mush.

Ok, we all know you are very good at throwing insults around. Perhaps try a grown up approach and explain why you have a problem with my post?
Scousers at it again on 11:56 - Jun 3 with 1503 viewsSadoldgit

Scousers at it again on 13:29 - Jun 1 by Boris_

Of course people can make a decision for themselves based on the information they have at the time. Our government deemed that is was safe for the game to go ahead so many people would have decided to go based on that. Wasn’t a great decision though in retrospect was it. If the government had said the match is on but you might get the virus and you might die, but it is totally your call, maybe more people would have stayed at home?
Scousers at it again on 12:01 - Jun 3 with 1496 viewsBison

Scousers at it again on 11:56 - Jun 3 by Sadoldgit

Of course people can make a decision for themselves based on the information they have at the time. Our government deemed that is was safe for the game to go ahead so many people would have decided to go based on that. Wasn’t a great decision though in retrospect was it. If the government had said the match is on but you might get the virus and you might die, but it is totally your call, maybe more people would have stayed at home?

Could the mayor of Liverpool of stopped the game , i.e. Saying he won't police it ?

When he suggested the season should be scrapped he got this response from the locals.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/30/liverpool-upset-by-mayor-call-t

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Scousers at it again on 12:02 - Jun 3 with 1494 viewsJaySaint

Scousers at it again on 11:44 - Jun 3 by Sadoldgit

why is it about black lives, when significantly more white people are killed in America

and the biggest killer of black people (in america) is....err, black people!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024