Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Idiots breaking lockdown 18:30 - Jun 3 with 8004 viewsBazza

On beaches in recent weeks, today’s solidarity marches, picnics on Clapham Common, parties on Hawley Lake and so on. Recent death rates increasing even before these impacts are known. Don’t even think about blaming the politicians this Is individual crass stupidity at best. Why are people so dumb?
Idiots breaking lockdown on 21:20 - Jun 3 with 1304 viewsSadoldgit

Idiots breaking lockdown on 20:32 - Jun 3 by Boris_

Yes because one family ISOLATING themselves in a country estate meaning they don’t need to go out and shop etc in Central London is every bit as dangerous as tens of thousands of people shoulder to shoulder on tubes and in the parks and Trafalgar Square.

You realise how weak and childish you sound? What a wet wipe you are.

The whole point of self isolating as soon as you find out you are infected is not to put others at risk which is what they did when they travelled 260 miles then another 60 mile round trip to the castle (not to mention his trip back to Parliament after he had visited his sick wife). You do realise you are just as bad as your names sake, one rule for one, one for another.
Idiots breaking lockdown on 21:21 - Jun 3 with 1296 viewsBoris_

Idiots breaking lockdown on 21:20 - Jun 3 by Sadoldgit

The whole point of self isolating as soon as you find out you are infected is not to put others at risk which is what they did when they travelled 260 miles then another 60 mile round trip to the castle (not to mention his trip back to Parliament after he had visited his sick wife). You do realise you are just as bad as your names sake, one rule for one, one for another.

So you justify the hundreds of thousands of people out in cities across the UK today due to Cummings actions? Yes?

People like you are far more dangerous than Cummings.

Poll: Claude Puel

Idiots breaking lockdown on 21:28 - Jun 3 with 1286 viewsBoris_

Idiots breaking lockdown on 21:14 - Jun 3 by Bison

I don't believe one person affected the way lockdown was being observed , be it Cummings or the CMO of Scotland or any other high profile figure . With the recent weather and people starting to go stir crazy the lockdown was breaking down anyway people had had enough of it.

The riots in The USA and now our own young people ( that's what 90% of the protestors look like , young) are blowing off steam and now the genie is out of the bottle the lockdown can't last any longer whatever the government do and it won't go back in.

BA about to sack every employee , other redundancies starting to kick in , my mate was made redundant yesterday because he works in a leisure centre. The economic cost is starting to bite and people who can't afford to stay in lockdown are taking their chances now.

I think this was inevitable , even our very own SoG broke the government rules by going to Tesco's.

Indeed. The issue is that the tory/Brexit opposers have just played dumb throughout this and completely refused to apply any common sense or initiative.

You only have to look at the 'outrage' at people who are shielding being allowed to go outside for a walk. You would think it was an order from Matt Hancock for everyone to leave their houses when in reality, all they have done is say 'if you need to go for a walk, do so safely' .

If people don't feel safe, they don't have to leave the house. So what exactly is the outrage about, other than political point scoring?

For months they have called for quarantine on incoming flights. Now it's coming in ( agreed too late ) they are kicking off as it's compromising their summer holidays!

I interpreted the lockdown the way I wanted to throughout, applying common sense.

I shut the BUSINESS down and sent everyone home as I couldn't guarantee their safety from transmission.

We 'isolated' with 2 other families and once a week the lads would meet in the garden on one day for a couple of social distanced beers and the girls did on the other day.

We got vegetables delivered to door and went to the local butchers for our meat. Didn't once have to go to a Supermarket.

So I 'broke' the rules according to what Boris set, but I can guarantee you I came in to far less contact with people than others who followed it by the letter... and I coped much better as a result.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 21:29]

Idiots breaking lockdown on 22:00 - Jun 3 with 1267 viewsDorsetIan

Two points being missed on this thread...

Strong public health messages are there precisely so that complete idiots will follow them. Sensible people put their seatbelts on. We know that idiots are amongst us and it's the govt's job to protect us from them and, yes, to protect them from themselves.

It's true that lockdown fatigue etc was/is putting pressure on people to let something give but what Boris' recklessness has done is to give people an excuse to 'crack' a little bit sooner than they might otherwise have done. And the real problem is that this is the time of maximum risk. Roll it forward a couple of weeks and if the R number and number of infections had continued to fall, a bit of 'cracking' wouldn't have been so damaging. But now, with us just being on the cusp of R=1, any increase and cases are going to increase again. The timing and the subtle detail of this is absolutely key.

Boris has risked public health to keep Cummings in post.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Idiots breaking lockdown on 22:07 - Jun 3 with 1252 viewsBoris_

Idiots breaking lockdown on 22:00 - Jun 3 by DorsetIan

Strong public health messages are there precisely so that complete idiots will follow them. Sensible people put their seatbelts on. We know that idiots are amongst us and it's the govt's job to protect us from them and, yes, to protect them from themselves.

It's true that lockdown fatigue etc was/is putting pressure on people to let something give but what Boris' recklessness has done is to give people an excuse to 'crack' a little bit sooner than they might otherwise have done. And the real problem is that this is the time of maximum risk. Roll it forward a couple of weeks and if the R number and number of infections had continued to fall, a bit of 'cracking' wouldn't have been so damaging. But now, with us just being on the cusp of R=1, any increase and cases are going to increase again. The timing and the subtle detail of this is absolutely key.

Are you genuinely suggesting that the scenes today across the country wouldn't have happened if Cummings didn't isolate himself in Durham?

That's a pretty mental viewpoint mush. Today would have happened regardless and probably even more so if we were in full lockdown.

I fully agree with the cause, I don't agree with the method of protest.

Idiots breaking lockdown on 22:38 - Jun 3 with 1237 viewsJaySaint

It is quite frankly embarrassing to even mention Cummings now with regards to lockdown.

So many Labour MPs have taken the pish out of the rules ....it is getting daft

One day they are demanding someone loses their Job, the next they are breaking the very same rules, whilst standing (kneeling) with people fighting out very own policemen...staggering

However, some troopers will still have you believe that the beaches and parks would have been dead and the protesters would have observed full social distancing, if that dastardly Cummings had not gone to Durham!
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 22:44]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Idiots breaking lockdown on 22:48 - Jun 3 with 1222 viewsDorsetIan

Idiots breaking lockdown on 22:07 - Jun 3 by Boris_

Are you genuinely suggesting that the scenes today across the country wouldn't have happened if Cummings didn't isolate himself in Durham?

That's a pretty mental viewpoint mush. Today would have happened regardless and probably even more so if we were in full lockdown.

I fully agree with the cause, I don't agree with the method of protest.

I don't know it you're deliberately misrepresenting what I am saying?

Again, it is not about Cummings, it's about Johnson.

Had Johnson cracked down hard on Cummings and allowed all his ministers to state unequivocally that there were no excuses for breaches of lockdown rules, then who knows what the response would have been to that much stronger message. It is not 'mental' at all to think that people might have taken the rules more seriously. As it is, people now feel that they can make their own minds up about whether to observe the rules and, generally, to take them less seriously than they did.

Idiots breaking lockdown on 22:49 - Jun 3 with 1221 viewsDorsetIan

Idiots breaking lockdown on 22:38 - Jun 3 by JaySaint

It is quite frankly embarrassing to even mention Cummings now with regards to lockdown.

So many Labour MPs have taken the pish out of the rules ....it is getting daft

One day they are demanding someone loses their Job, the next they are breaking the very same rules, whilst standing (kneeling) with people fighting out very own policemen...staggering

However, some troopers will still have you believe that the beaches and parks would have been dead and the protesters would have observed full social distancing, if that dastardly Cummings had not gone to Durham!
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 22:44]

Johnson's response is the problem, not Cummings.

Login to get fewer ads

Idiots breaking lockdown on 22:57 - Jun 3 with 1208 viewsBoris_

Idiots breaking lockdown on 22:49 - Jun 3 by DorsetIan

What about Starmers response to SIX of his MP’s breaking lockdown and one of them even gloating about it? You know each one of those six MP’s represent a constituency and should be leading by example too?

Idiots breaking lockdown on 23:06 - Jun 3 with 1209 viewsDorsetIan

Idiots breaking lockdown on 22:57 - Jun 3 by Boris_

What about Starmers response to SIX of his MP’s breaking lockdown and one of them even gloating about it? You know each one of those six MP’s represent a constituency and should be leading by example too?

I don't like to respond to whataboutery, but yes Starmer should show Boris how it's done.

Idiots breaking lockdown on 08:14 - Jun 4 with 1121 viewsJaySaint

Riiiight

so not really about going anywhere then. Unsure why the pressure on cummings happened.

it was all about BoJo's response.

oki-doki

Idiots breaking lockdown on 08:18 - Jun 4 with 1119 viewsdirk_doone

It could be worse: we could be Sweden:

According to the scientific online publication Ourworldindata.com, the number of Covid-19 deaths per capita in Sweden was the highest in the world in a rolling seven-day average to 2 June. The country’s rate of 5.29 deaths per million inhabitants a day was well above the UK’s 4.48.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/03/architect-of-sweden-coronavirus-st
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 8:21]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Idiots breaking lockdown on 08:19 - Jun 4 with 1109 viewsJaySaint

Isn't it strange how those/the media outlets who lashed their FURY at cummings are now very very quiet about this Protest?

I wonder why that is
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 8:22]

Idiots breaking lockdown on 08:25 - Jun 4 with 1097 viewsSalisburySaint

Idiots breaking lockdown on 08:19 - Jun 4 by JaySaint

Isn't it strange how those/the media outlets who lashed their FURY at cummings are now very very quiet about this Protest?

I wonder why that is

Because Boris lifted the lockdown to distract people away from Cummings, b*gger the consequences.

One has to say his been successful in that approach, but what price will this country pay for him lifting lockdown to early, whilst waiting until next Monday to introduce quarantine for those coming into the country, something that should have been introduced at least 2 months ago.
Idiots breaking lockdown on 08:30 - Jun 4 with 1080 viewsJaySaint

Idiots breaking lockdown on 08:25 - Jun 4 by SalisburySaint

Because Boris lifted the lockdown to distract people away from Cummings, b*gger the consequences.

One has to say his been successful in that approach, but what price will this country pay for him lifting lockdown to early, whilst waiting until next Monday to introduce quarantine for those coming into the country, something that should have been introduced at least 2 months ago.

There have been very minor changes to the pretty relaxed lockdown

I missed the detail where 2000 people can huddle together (with Labour MPs in tow).
can you point that bit out?

Idiots breaking lockdown on 08:42 - Jun 4 with 1062 viewsBoris_

Idiots breaking lockdown on 08:25 - Jun 4 by SalisburySaint

All other 3 nations have lifted the lockdown as well though? Sturgeon waiting a couple of days just so she could slag Boris off a bit, however we've all moved at the similar speed throughout.

People wouldn't have done another week in lockdown, especially with the weather as it was, it's much better to relax the rules and retain the consent of the people.

Idiots breaking lockdown on 08:43 - Jun 4 with 1060 viewsBoris_

I wonder why that is

Not many reporting on the sickening scenes of Police being attacked, including a group of 3 officers being ambushed by a group of 20 'protesters' .

Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:15 - Jun 4 with 1041 viewssolent_toffee

Idiots breaking lockdown on 22:00 - Jun 3 by DorsetIan

I’m far from a fan of this government, but I genuinely feel that there a percentage of people in this country who would flaunt any ruling despite it being absolutely spelt out to them.

Whether it’s an entitlement thing, education or people just don’t give a monkeys. This isn’t restricted to their behaviour around Covid-19, they are probably coonts all time time, Covid-19 and the vast majority behaving properly and adhering to the rules, highlights quite easily those that don’t.
Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:17 - Jun 4 with 1040 viewssaint22

We all know he is the problem, he is a fool and a liar who has led a privileged existence bumbling from one gig to another, and now the narcissistic tw AT has made it to the top he will be completely exposed for the incompetent idiot he is, and that is already happening in spades
The only good thing to come out of this is that the only way is down now for the bumbling clown

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jun/03/no-hiding-place-for-boris-at-pm
Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:20 - Jun 4 with 1032 viewsSadoldgit

I wonder why that is

And yet it is was all of the news last night. Out of interest, how many protesters do you think are senior government advisers who helped draft the initial stay home rules?
Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:22 - Jun 4 with 1022 viewsJaySaint

Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:20 - Jun 4 by Sadoldgit

And yet it is was all of the news last night. Out of interest, how many protesters do you think are senior government advisers who helped draft the initial stay home rules?

yet, these Labour MPs voted in support of the rules, and spend weeks TELLING everyone to stay at home

hardly an ounce of criticism for them..

wonder why

Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:24 - Jun 4 with 1024 viewssaint22

Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:22 - Jun 4 by JaySaint

yet, these Labour MPs voted in support of the rules, and spend weeks TELLING everyone to stay at home

wonder why

They don't ADVISE the PM thats why pal
And with our faux leader, that all the tory voters thought was the second coming, being an incompetent fool that advisor is effectively in control
Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:28 - Jun 4 with 1013 viewsJaySaint

Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:24 - Jun 4 by saint22

They don't ADVISE the PM thats why pal
And with our faux leader, that all the tory voters thought was the second coming, being an incompetent fool that advisor is effectively in control

no they advise their constituents and represent them

Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:28 - Jun 4 with 1014 viewsSadoldgit

Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:22 - Jun 4 by JaySaint

wonder why

Perhaps they have given up after Cummings so blatantly flouted the rules?
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 9:31]
Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:34 - Jun 4 with 999 viewsBoris_

Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:28 - Jun 4 by Sadoldgit

Perhaps they have given up after Cummings so blatantly flouted the rules?
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 9:31]

What about the FOUR MP's that even more blatantly flouted the rules BEFORE Cummings went to Durham?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024